LEGO Deals 3

Starts the 16th with only $70 purchase. 

LEGO-Seasonal-Easter-Basket-40587.jpg

Walmart has some 'deals'. 

The HulkBuster is only $460! The Black Panther bust is only $300! World map is $220! Get them before they sell out! :lol:

Princess peach Starter Pack is $40.

Walmart has some 'deals'.

The HulkBuster is only $460! The Black Panther bust is only $300! World map is $220! Get them before they sell out! :lol:
Princess peach Starter Pack is $40.
Best Buy and Amazon are the same with the hulkbuster, probably the same with the others.

Those "sale" prices are still ridiculous.

LEGO needs to get away from piece count determining price and move more towards what value a set really has.  Especially since a lot of these sets have so many 1x1 bricks in them.  Is a bunch of black bricks in the shape of a head that does nothing but sit on a shelf really worth $350? 

I see that bust and think $150-$200 max. I mean the Star Wars helmets are only $50-$60. BP is a little larger and adds hands and the price jumps $300? LEGO is high AF on a lot of these "premium" sets.

Those "sale" prices are still ridiculous.

LEGO needs to get away from piece count determining price and move more towards what value a set really has. Especially since a lot of these sets have so many 1x1 bricks in them. Is a bunch of black bricks in the shape of a head that does nothing but sit on a shelf really worth $350?

I see that bust and think $150-$200 max. I mean the Star Wars helmets are only $50-$60. BP is a little larger and adds hands and the price jumps $300? LEGO is high AF on a lot of these "premium" sets.
You have the problem backwards. The set's price is the first thing LEGO does. LEGO makes a price, $250 for the foosball table, and then the designers have to make a set with that price. It's why we couldn't have a $125 mini foosball, and the designers tried their best to paid the set with lame minifigures because that's easier than LEGO just changing a fucking price.

Also all the helmets are a $70 minimum now.

I have had to ask LEGO for replacement parts more in the last 5 months than in the previous 15 years, and they give me a hard time about it. Another 2 month wait for a Bricks and Pieces order which I will probably flag with my bank because that's insane. So the only thing 'premium' about LEGO is the insane prices.

Oddly the temple of doom set has been canceled, we are only getting three Indiana Jones sets the first wave.

Throughout 2022, the LEGO Group worked closely with Lucasfilm to optimise our planned product line up for the upcoming LEGO Indiana Jones product launches in April 2023.

As an outcome of this, we consolidated the launch to focus on three products (77012, 77013, 77015) that feature some of the most iconic scenes from the Indiana Jones franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's because LEGO took my advice. See below. Now they await my consulting bill. :)
You know it's for some stupid reason. Like an Asian (?) devil bad guy is too much but Nazis, Nazis are fine now.

The plane and car are only $35, so $28 on sale I'll pick t up even though the more I look at the plane the more I dislike it.

I put together Buzz Lightyear's spaceship the other day. That was a fun build and a real solid model. I still haven't seen the flick, but it's a gorgeous.

You have the problem backwards. The set's price is the first thing LEGO does. LEGO makes a price, $250 for the foosball table, and then the designers have to make a set with that price.
That's even worse. lol

You know it's for some stupid reason. Like an Asian (?) devil bad guy is too much but Nazis, Nazis are fine now.
Well for some damn reason people need to be taught that Nazis are bad again. So there's that I guess.

Well for some damn reason people need to be taught that Nazis are bad again. So there's that I guess.
What do you mean? I love the fact the USA passed a bill saying that we won't arm Ukrainian Nazis. Then several years later act like that never happened, and if you said it did you are pro Putin. :lol:

I understand LEGO wanting different sets in different price ranges but when it comes to multiple several hundred dollar sets what difference does it make? I don't understand why the Foosball table couldn't get a lower price. $125-$150 for just the tiny thing and the 6 figures would have been fine.

I put together Buzz Lightyear's spaceship the other day. That was a fun build and a real solid model. I still haven't seen the flick, but it's a gorgeous.
I've been waiting for ages now for it to get put on discount so that I can buy like 5 more; it is a fantastic set, but I can't imagine the line performed well considering how lukewarm the reception for the movie was.

Lightyear was not a bad movie but bland and just unnecessary, beautifully animated though
I saw the Buzz ship on clearance at Walmart yesterday but it was Walmart “clearance”, as in $5 less than retail. Had it been 50% off I probably would’ve bit. They also had the ridiculously priced Iron Man armory on clearance for $20 less than retail, which should’ve been the MSRP, and one of last years Jurassic World sets which the price wasn’t good enough for me to pay attention to what set it was exactly

The Buzz ship is 20% off ($40) on Walmart.com and Amazon. The farmers market van is $27.50 as well. Both those prices are cheaper than the "clearance" I've seen on the same sets in-store. 

The Buzz ship is 20% off ($40) on Walmart.com and Amazon. The farmers market van is $27.50 as well. Both those prices are cheaper than the "clearance" I've seen on the same sets in-store.
I don't even bother checking in store clearance. Besides when I was living in New York in 2014 and 2015, and one fluke clearance where no one in my closest Walmart did their jobs, clearances online are always better.

Whatever expensive Bricklink Series 3 I ordered, has shipped and should arrive tomorrow. So check if you bought something. The new Bricklink thing is even a bigger mess than the first few rounds.

Just retired $200 2573 piece technic Land Rover.

42110-1.jpg

Going to be announced soon. 1983 piece $240 System Land Rover.

LEGO-Land-Rover-Defender-Classic-all.png

Lego is pissing on you and telling you it's raining. LEGO sites that get every $500 set for free will try gaslight you into thinking it's fine and the cult of Lego will agree and if you don't like it then leave.

My massive Mountain View Observatory came in... banged up like always. But Lego cultists say you shouldn't complain and if you want sets in perfect condition then just buy it in store. :roll:

Did your order update via S@H or did you get an update from Bricklink? It's still "backordered" for me on S@H and Bricklink has no record of my order at all.
Yeah, it will go to 'In Warehouse' and they send out an email when it shipped. It all happened in 5-6 days.

Lightyear was not a bad movie but bland and just unnecessary, beautifully animated though
I saw the Buzz ship on clearance at Walmart yesterday but it was Walmart “clearance”, as in $5 less than retail. Had it been 50% off I probably would’ve bit. They also had the ridiculously priced Iron Man armory on clearance for $20 less than retail, which should’ve been the MSRP, and one of last years Jurassic World sets which the price wasn’t good enough for me to pay attention to what set it was exactly
Last "necessary" Pixar film? 2015's Inside Out.

The new Land Rover has 2336 pieces. So still less pieces for more money but all praise be LEGO, they can do no wrong.

Rumoured sets/products (Probably true)
Ariel's Palace 1808 pieces $160 May 1st
Pac Man Arcade Machine 2651 $270 June 1st
Maybe Harry Potter game with all the movies.

Rumours of cancellations.
The whole several set wave of Indiana Jones sets on the new movie are canceled. :shock:
A LEGO Disney game was canceled after 4 years in development.
A LEGO GotG set was canceled after 18 months in development.
Mandalorian DLC was canceled.
A new Lego Batman was canceled.

Yeah saw the news about Ariel’s Palace being that rumored 18+ set, ugh. Really holding out hope for Sleeping Beauty’s Castle

I knew the Indy Temple of Doom set was canceled but had no idea about the new movie sets, wack

Sad to see the news about Disney game being canceled, would’ve been great to see in the style of all the Marvel, SW games. I thought the Mando DLC was still happening though

Yeah saw the news about Ariel’s Palace being that rumored 18+ set, ugh. Really holding out hope for Sleeping Beauty’s Castle

I knew the Indy Temple of Doom set was canceled but had no idea about the new movie sets, wack

Sad to see the news about Disney game being canceled, would’ve been great to see in the style of all the Marvel, SW games. I thought the Mando DLC was still happening though
Rumours so nothing is confirmed. Plus there is still at least one more wave of Disney 100 sets for August I think. The Indy sets being canceled rumour was based on the press release for the three sets we are getting. That LEGO and Disney talked about it and canceled the one. But it makes it seem all the sets are canceled because they didn't go 'Look for new sets for the new movie'.

Maybe Disney saw the sets and realized that they are complete shit. :lol:

Rumours

Ariel's Palace 1808 pieces $160 May 1st

Pac Man Arcade Machine 2651 $270 June 1st

Maybe Harry Potter game with all the movies.

CANCELED

The whole several set wave of Indiana Jones sets on the new movie are canceled. :shock:

A LEGO Disney game was canceled after 4 years in development.

A LEGO GotG set was canceled after 18 months in development.

Mandalorian DLC was canceld.

A new Lego Batman was canceled.
Wait, is the Indy line part of your rumor section or confirmed? If canceled, the movie must be TERRIBLE. Like worse than Crystal Skull and Lego knows it can't sell anything related to it.

Wait, is the Indy line part of your rumor section or confirmed? If canceled, the movie must be TERRIBLE. Like worse than Crystal Skull and Lego knows it can't sell anything related to it.
Everything is a rumour. The sets are probably true, but still a rumour. I'll fix the post. Disney might have had Lego cancel the sets.

Maybe Lego will reboot the sets as Adventures. A man can dream.

That castle probably not likely as I just remembered there is a rumour of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves set. Which would be yet another slap in the face of Ideas creators.

I just realized the TnB forum is closed, for a couple of years now too.  I've definitely been out of the loop.  Is this the last Lego forum discussion around?  Where did everyone else move to?

I was mainly looking to unload some sets since I will probably be moving soon and I had good luck with TnB in the past.

We are better off at pretending Eurobricks isn't a thing.  :booty:

I do miss Toys and Bricks forums.

I just realized the TnB forum is closed, for a couple of years now too. I've definitely been out of the loop. Is this the last Lego forum discussion around? Where did everyone else move to?

I was mainly looking to unload some sets since I will probably be moving soon and I had good luck with TnB in the past.
I'm still here!

Finally found some decent clearance at Target (Seinfeld for $24) but that store has a very zealous "Lego is a collectible and you can only buy one" policy. I just wanted to army build Newmans. The same store gets all up in your self-checkout bags if you buy more than a couple CMFs. I guess they've been scarred by the Pokemon/sports card craze a couple years ago.  

Finally found some decent clearance at Target (Seinfeld for $24) but that store has a very zealous "Lego is a collectible and you can only buy one" policy. I just wanted to army build Newmans. The same store gets all up in your self-checkout bags if you buy more than a couple CMFs. I guess they've been scarred by the Pokemon/sports card craze a couple years ago.
Damn I need Seinfeld, or at least the figures because the set is trash. You can still get Newman for $20 in the Jurassic Park set.

Don’t mention EB around here, some people melt. I haven’t seen any target clearance around here. =/

Found this at Costco today.[attachment=37826:E5ABB61E-12D3-4EB6-9027-9C052FEA0BD2.jpeg]

Don’t mention EB around here, some people melt. I haven’t seen any target clearance around here. =/

Found this at Costco today.
attachicon.gif
E5ABB61E-12D3-4EB6-9027-9C052FEA0BD2.jpeg
The worst LEGO community is Eurobricks. Second worse is Brickset. Eurobricks best thing was they used to give away free LEGO at Christmas, can't even do that now. :lol:

VIP Rewards has a new 50 point survey up, takes like 3-5 minutes.

Wow that temple run looks a lot better than the original.  I hadn't seen it yet.

I guess it also costs $100 more

The Amazon link works for me, but there's like half as much stuff.
It wouldn't let me embed the link the Target one. The Amazon set change multiple times a day. Just thought I'd throw it out there. The $10 sets for $6 are great deals. You know next year all $10 sets will be $15.

I went to a LEGO Store for the first time in years. Got some silly exclusive minifigures. Black Boat, two purple flower hairs, a day of the dead head. Which I got more of the boat but no biggie. Also got the chick, weird pink bear thing and a fairy spring pack.

bread's done
Back