LEGO Deals 3

Man crickets in here

New Batcave launches Jun 1, $449, 3981 pcs
Seriously, most of you probably already know but Rakuten is offering up to 20% on non exclusives. There’s a moving van promo going on right now, I think it’s the same one from the jazz club.

Man crickets in here
New Batcave launches Jun 1, $449, 3981 pcs
Now we have official pictures.

LEGO really needs to let the designers design sets BEFORE setting prices.

95592_76252_Back_01_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, most of you probably already know but Rakuten is offering up to 20% on non exclusives. There’s a moving van promo going on right now, I think it’s the same one from the jazz club.
That has ended. It's back to 2.5%. It was only 20% for a day or so and 15% all of last week.

Yeah, this is kind of screaming “we added extra greeble just to get the piece count up”
That and the whole Bat sign thing going on. It's a big black box with z bat on it. If it were just the cave I think that look great on a shelf anc be $100+ cheaper.

Also I like the Ninjago set, but it's 6500 pieces and doesn't feel like it. Is the fort reboot supposed to be the big July set?

Any rumors on what will be the next Technic super car? Talking about the $350+ models (Bugatti Chiron, Lamborghini Sion, Ferrari Daytona)...

In just a few weeks we are supposed to get a women's football / socer set 899 pieces, $100, 15 figures. However there are only 5 players, and several spectators. Like WTF? You need two of them to make a set? Didn't LEGO learn anything from Foosball?

The Pac-Man set is cool but not for me
There honestly isn’t a lot I’m interested in right now, which is a good thing
I need to finish off my Disney minifigs but that’s about it at the moment

The Pac-Man set is cool but not for me
There honestly isn’t a lot I’m interested in right now, which is a good thing
I need to finish off my Disney minifigs but that’s about it at the moment
I bought a full set off eBay for $80. It's from Hong Kong so hopefully they are real.

Only thing I really want, and can afford, is the Friends Botanical Gardens. Set of the year.

I bought a full set off eBay for $80. It's from Hong Kong so hopefully they are real.

Only thing I really want, and can afford, is the Friends Botanical Gardens. Set of the year.
United depot? I’m actually looking into buying a case from that seller.

Pac-Man does look cool, I saw a video of it in motion and it was just ok, expected more out of it.

United depot? I’m actually looking into buying a case from that seller.

Pac-Man does look cool, I saw a video of it in motion and it was just ok, expected more out of it.
Yes it is. It's supposed to be here before June 13. When it comes in I'll tell you how it went. A lot of the reviews seem to be good so I figured why not. Ebay is good at protecting the buyers.

I might buy a knockoff of the Pacman set for $60. :lol:

I actually really like the Pac-Man set. It's nicer than the NES and Atari stuff. The Atari cartridges were the only cool part.
I like the NES. The way it clicks and the TV. The Atari is a joke though. I don't get the point of it. This PacMan doesn't do much but it has a few cute features.

NES is incredible. Atari didn't look that great, and I don't have nostalgia for it. Pac-Man looks pretty good but should be cheaper than the NES.

The soccer football set has been revealed. I'm busy so everyone who cares go find a picture of another set that be on clearance in September.

Miss #1: it’s only half a soccer field
Miss #2: Lego Soccer Football Set is a much better name than Icons of Play

I do look forward to the freak out over them including a pink haired Megan Rapinoe though

ETA: Why wouldn’t they include Alex Morgan? Odd choice

Miss #1: it’s only half a soccer field
Miss #2: Lego Soccer Football Set is a much better name than Icons of Play

I do look forward to the freak out over them including a pink haired Megan Rapinoe though

ETA: Why wouldn’t they include Alex Morgan? Odd choice
Icons of Play is literally the worst name LEGO could come up with that wouldn't offend people. It's such a stupid name. Icons of Play to me are like famous people who have made toys. Even "Icons of the Field" would be a better name. (I doubt LEGO wante to get involved in the soccer / football BS.)

Several summer Marvel and DC sets have been revealed - Spider-Man final battle and Avengers final battle have a crazy amount of minifigs. Also a Venomized Groot and 4+ Hulkbuster
The DC ones are the Batman 89 Batmobile that’s been shown the past couple days, also another Batwing

Pac-Man is awesome. I don't buy a lot on release day but that is day 1 for me. 

Also, not mentioned but World 1-2 hidden in the side of the NES console was just genius. 

I like how Venomised Groot is $5 cheaper than the current one and has 150 more pieces.

It's like LEGO pricing is all BS.

The Honey App has a bunch of decent cashback on select sets from LEGO Shop. $20 off The Wave, some of the Winter Village sets, Winnie the Pooh, Creator 3 in 1 Castle. Those are the best 'prices' those sets have had and you get a Spring VIP polybag, the Pirate Slide and a catalog.

Just throwing this out there … the Motorized Lighthouse is just a stunning set. I know it received some criticism at the $300 price point, but it is really an incredible build (and I’m just half way). The level of detail and the way things come together is just masterful. I was cooling on LEGO lately, but the caliber of this set has me geared up to grab some of the other higher end sets like the A Frame Cabin and largest Indiana Jones set soon.

I’ve realized that the adult sets and a few minifigure sets are only what appeal to me now. I much prefer buildings and bases over vehicles and smaller sets. Building the light house cave was just really fun and it’s going to make a great stand alone display piece.

Just throwing this out there … the Motorized Lighthouse is just a stunning set. I know it received some criticism at the $300 price point, but it is really an incredible build (and I’m just half way). The level of detail and the way things come together is just masterful. I was cooling on LEGO lately, but the caliber of this set has me geared up to grab some of the other higher end sets like the A Frame Cabin and largest Indiana Jones set soon.

I’ve realized that the adult sets and a few minifigure sets are only what appeal to me now. I much prefer buildings and bases over vehicles and smaller sets. Building the light house cave was just really fun and it’s going to make a great stand alone display piece.
Looks like an incredible build and I'll probably buy a knockoff from Ali Express for $65. :lol: The only issue with the set is the price is insane.

What do you guys do with your sets after you build them? Keep them on display? Tear down and use for parts for MOCs? Put back into the box? I feel like I have nowhere to put sets when I’m done building, so I haven’t been buying much lately.

What do you guys do with your sets after you build them? Keep them on display? Tear down and use for parts for MOCs? Put back into the box? I feel like I have nowhere to put sets when I’m done building, so I haven’t been buying much lately.
Big expensive sets go on display (such as NES and BB-8). All others get played the hell out of by kids 10 and under (and me)!

Back in ziplocks for the sets I don’t display. Mostly I keep my sets unopened because I literally have no space for 90% of my collection outside of the boxes 😜

Is the big Technic car a Audi RS Q e-tron? I saw it listed in the new catalog but have no idea about cars.

The complete set of Disney minifigures from Hong Kong seems real, so buying a box should be fine.

I like the two Friends winter sets.

My LEGOs are built mostly built in an insane amount of big plastic containers in my mom's basement. Ye she is thrilled. :lol: If I stayed in NY I would have had a LEGO room in a spare attic room.  :(

The big Technic cars are 1:8 scale. Based on pics, the Audi looks smaller. Maybe 1:12 scale
Maybe there isn't one this year. The lime green car isn't the right size either then. Promobricks says "There are still no pictures of the two large sets that will also be released in August, the 42146 Liebherr LR 13000 crawler crane and the 42159 Yamaha MT 2022."

bread's done
Back