LEGO Deals 3

Another Disney 100 set revealed - Peter Pan and Wendy’s flight. Sep 1 release, $59.99, 466 pcs
I’ll prob wait for Costco to get it like the Up set

No banner, no buy /s
It has the banner.

Another Disney 100 set revealed - Peter Pan and Wendy’s flight. Sep 1 release, $59.99, 466 pcs
I’ll prob wait for Costco to get it like the Up set
The set is lovely, but the price is insane. It's the same price as the Up house. It's like a $45 set at best.

43232_alt6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The design of the new Disney Castle is so much nicer than the original. The roundness of the front wall is so nice looking instead of having huge, ugly narrow but long slope pieces.

However I think I prefer the white trim over the gold.

97639_LEGO%20Disney%20Castle%20Set_43222_Prod.jpg

The Disney 100 GWP has leaked - Mickey in 100 fit with projector, mini theater. Offered for Disney purchases over $100 jul 1 - 9
Other than the new castle, which I’m not ready to get, I can’t think of another Disney set or sets I want. May just rely on secondary market if the price is right

The 10% off toys/collectibles benefit that comes with the new My Best Buy Plus seems to apply to all Lego without any restrictions I was able to find. Not a huge discount but given Lego’s price controls on their retailers, I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes away soon.

The 10% off toys/collectibles benefit that comes with the new My Best Buy Plus seems to apply to all Lego without any restrictions I was able to find. Not a huge discount but given Lego’s price controls on their retailers, I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes away soon.
This always bothered me about LEGO. They would send reps to Toys R Us to make sure the sets were presented in a ridiculous way. LEGO would probably have a problem with a program to give 10% off LEGO, but it's fine for Target, Walmart and Best Buy to have almost every set 'on sale' for 20% almost all the time.

I rather LEGO get back to some quality control because I have had some big BIG mistake pieces recently.

I was a Barnes member for years and years, didn't renew during Covid and now that their membership is an insane rip-off, I won't sign up for any paid membership there again. I used to go there ALL the time.

But yes, 10% off Lego always worked, they did start excluding Lego from their coupons, which was a big bummer for me, because 10% off a Lego set isn't going to get me to buy it, but combined with like a 20-30% off coupon that they'd always spit out, that was good.

Hocus Pocus and Indiana Jones sets are confirmed to count toward Disney GWP.

Also confirmed lego.com still sucks. Searched for “hocus” and it wasn’t the first set to come up. How

Saw some Friends sets 50% off at Target. Viking 3-in-1 had 50% off shelf tag but was long gone

Also confirmed lego.com still sucks. Searched for “hocus” and it wasn’t the first set to come up. How
It's because it's called the Sanderson house. I never watched Hocus Pocus, but all the promo did all call it Sanderson house. I did buy it since the villains set isn't orderable.

Or cottage, or something.

Meh … was thinking of grabbing the Indiana Jones set (even though I don’t love it being a rehash of an earlier design), but with the GWP sold out, I think I’ll wait til the return of the Blacktron / Bionicle promos in mid-July.

It's because it's called the Sanderson house. I never watched Hocus Pocus, but all the promo did all call it Sanderson house. I did buy it since the villains set isn't orderable.

On Lego.com it's called Disney Hocus Pocus: The Sanderson Sisters' Cottage.

And if you search "Sanderson" it's the 10th result on Lego.com. So I stand by my original petty gripe.

The box:

21341_box1_v39.jpg

What more does the LEGO search need?

I typed in Sanderson, cottage, and hocus and the set was the first to show up each time. However the search does suck. I think it has to do with algorithms.

Guess I’m doing something wrong. Tried incognito and a different browser and the first result for me is always Up house and many other sets based on “relevance.” Anyway I’ve wasted too many people’s time on my hangups.

GWP still shows on the site banner for me but nowhere else (most importantly the cart). Hard to imagine it was that popular or they made so few.

Homage to Walt is the next Disney 100 set, comes out Sep 1, $100 - big camera, that fits Walt inside, with Disney celluloid film strip, minifigs are Walt, Mickey, Minnie, Bambi and Dumbo.
Should’ve timed this one with the recent GWP

Disney-Lego fans are definitely easy marks - I can personally attest to this. that GWP would've sold out regardless but I am surprised it went so fast. not sure if it was due to the sheer amount of Disney fans or if it was also just a low production run, to create more hype (as if thats needed). Unless they held back some stock, they can't bring it back, no way to get it manufactured, packaged and shipped before then. 

Has anyone even seen any rumbling official or semi official as to why it ran out so fast? 

Disney-Lego fans are definitely easy marks - I can personally attest to this. that GWP would've sold out regardless but I am surprised it went so fast. not sure if it was due to the sheer amount of Disney fans or if it was also just a low production run, to create more hype (as if thats needed). Unless they held back some stock, they can't bring it back, no way to get it manufactured, packaged and shipped before then.

Has anyone even seen any rumbling official or semi official as to why it ran out so fast?
You don't think LEGO couldn't make another production run of a GWP set in 6-8 weeks? LEGO makes 850 sets a year, they have no problem making one more GWP in two months. None at all.

possible? maybe (but leaning more towards no). probable? nope. seems the ship has sailed. also just saw a post in a FB group that someone who ordered early saturday morning had their GWP cancelled today, email said they oversold them. curious to see if these cancelations are widespread, if so I imagine the value will be going up.

I really think you are over thinking this.

LEGO is a horrible run business, so they made too few on a poorly run website. Why are you shocked? This isn't shocking. They could make more and sell them in September or even October. I doubt they will, but saying they can't in ludicrous. The most shocking thing to me is you only needed to spend $100. The stupid house of the world GWPs are $250 limit. 

I think it's just because of they made the GWP a $100 minimum. The European store was like 160 euroes or something and didn't sell out (or didn't when I last looked).

I really think you are over thinking this.

LEGO is a horrible run business, so they made too few on a poorly run website. Why are you shocked? This isn't shocking. They could make more and sell them in September or even October. I doubt they will, but saying they can't in ludicrous. The most shocking thing to me is you only needed to spend $100. The stupid house of the world GWPs are $250 limit.
Not over or under thinking it. Just thinking it would be an extremely tight window if they even attempted to get it back out in September. Moot anyways, looks like they’re just all gone so it is what it is
Saw another report on FB today that someone’s order didn’t ship with the GWP even though it was on their order invoice and so far customer service is just like *shrugs shoulders*
Gonna be funny to watch if this is widespread

VIP Days are coming July 11-15th.

The rumours for those days are...

Blacktron GWP with $220

Bioinicle GWP with $220

Fun and Funky polybag GWP with $50

2X points on select themes.

In November we will be getting a $65 five hundred and fifty piece Mario piranha plant! That sounds fun.

Is it the same Blacktron set? If not, I'll actually buy Rivendell finally.
Yes. All of the GWP are ones we already had.

EDIT- Just want to make it clear that you won't get double points. The 2x points is only on harry Potter, Friends, and a couple other themes.

Ghost does look good. I will probably wait for a sale or 2x pts sometime in the future. I am still kicking myself for not picking it up when I randomly saw it at B&N about 6 months after it was retired. Told myself I would go back when I got paid, which I procrastinated and by the time I went back it was gone of course. Secondary market prices had skyrocketed at that point. 

Had to stop at a random Kohls last night to do an Amazon return it was the most organized well stocked with Lego department I had seen at any Kohls and probably Target and Walmart for that matter. I didn't grab anything but it was just weird to see. Then stopped at the Target next to the Kohls and they had a good amount of 30% and 50% off clearance. Nothing caught my eye. They did have a spot for the Frozen Ice Castle for 50% off which I would've grabbed if they had it. 

Amazon has the Homage to Walt set up for preorder. 

I think I picked up the original ghost set when Target had a price error. Can’t remember how cheap it was but it was a pretty big error

bread's done
Back