LEGO Deals 3

We are supposed to get Animal Crossing minifigure sets in March! I'm a huge Animal Crossing fan since the first wide release game on the Gamecube. I do think it's funny we are getting Animal Crossing sets with minifigures before we get Zelda or Mario minifigures.

Halloween VIP polybag GWP that comes out next month or so looks really good. Purple space helmet. 

We are getting a Jurassic World set in January that's only $40 and has 577 pieces which is shockingly good deal.

Buildable Stitch. 

Space lovers

Series 26 minifigures next May is supposed to be Space based theme.

City Space is also getting expanded with.... aliens! 

Friends is supposed to get a Mars Space Base.

Found some of the new polybags at Walmart today. The 1992 Batman, a Ninjago polybag with two(!) minifigs and the Dreamzz with no miniig but a Z-Blob. 

The weird listing is Batman. They just got delivered.

Ninjago has two Minifigures and Dreamzzz has none. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love a Batman polybag!

Also, Animal Crossing does seem like an odd fit for Nintendo / Lego's next release. I remember the AC amiibo failed.

I would love a Batman polybag!

Also, Animal Crossing does seem like an odd fit for Nintendo / Lego's next release. I remember the AC amiibo failed.
Animal Crossing New Horizons might be the number one actually bought Switch game. Mario Kart comes with the system a lot of the time. So it's not out of line for LEGO. However we know vehicles sell with LEGO and there are almost none in ACNH.

I'm still hoping for Mario Kart sets with a minifigure for $15.

LEGO VIP has been redone to LEGO Insiders. The only difference I can tell is you can scan your instructions to get points. Brickset says 40 instructions gets you enough points for $5.

12.5 cents per instructions. Wonder if there is a limit like no multiples. I have a stack of instructions I haven’t recycled yet

Every QR code in the instruction books (since 2018) can be scanned for points, as each is unique.  This will allow duplicate sets to be redeemed (3-in-1 Castle builders rejoice ;) ).

Last edited by a moderator:
$80 Comes out in a few weeks.
99205_21342_Box3_v29.jpg

Sad there's no wasp/hornet/whatever, but it does look much better than the original. Especially like the butterfly wings. There's a tiny bee but eh.

You guys throw away instructions?   :shock:

I have a bin full of them, though the idea has crossed my mind.  That bin is like 50 pounds!  Plus the boxes, oh the boxes.  I have like 3 or 4 extra large boxes full of them... "in case I ever want to sell the set, I need it to be complete!"

I moved and never posted the Lego I wanted to sell... sorry.  They're all in boxes now too so it'll be a while before I get to it.

Promo code "Skiizim got my hopes up" for 0% off at Walmart. :rofl:

Walmart codes never work for me, but save me one when the Concord and Dune sets come out.

You guys throw away instructions? :shock:

I have a bin full of them, though the idea has crossed my mind. That bin is like 50 pounds! Plus the boxes, oh the boxes. I have like 3 or 4 extra large boxes full of them... "in case I ever want to sell the set, I need it to be complete!"

I moved and never posted the Lego I wanted to sell... sorry. They're all in boxes now too so it'll be a while before I get to it.
Just one bin? I have 2-3 and my mom wants to throw them out as she can't move them and they are in her basement. :lol:

There is supposed to be another Disney Castle, 618 pieces $100 makes me think it's minidolls and not Disney 100.

DC will get at least FIVE sets in 2024. Not including a $300 Gotham Skiyline art like set.

New cheap Pixar set next May.

4 more Avatar sets next year... [for now]

Ariel's mini castle $40 comes out next year.

New update on LEGO's Boston office if anyone cares / wants a job. I still find the whole thing to be incredibly stupid.

The LEGO Group announced Monday their head office will be relocated from Enfield, Connecticut to Boston by the year 2026.
LEGO will be closing the Enfield office in 2026, which has been home to the company since 1973. The office currently employs 740 people that work full-time. LEGO states they will support those employees over the next few years as the company transitions to their new location.

The new head office will be located at 1001 Boylston Street in Boston. The offices will cover five floors and more than 10,000 square feet. The move to Boston will begin in mid-2025 and is expected to be complete by 2026. The new location includes an onsite fitness center, parking and bike storage, a wellbeing room and a parent room.

Skip Kodak, President of the LEGO Group in the Americas stated, “We’re incredibly excited to be moving to a new location with such a rich history, ideally located in Back Bay, between Boston and Cambridge. 1001 Boylston Street represents an investment in our future and a commitment to our employees. We believe that a modern, collaborative work environment will help creativity and innovation thrive, and we’re excited to see what we can accomplish in this new space.”

LEGO began construction on a new factory in Richmond, Virginia back in April. It is expected to be complete in the second half of 2025 and will employ 1,760 positions.

Guess I am going to start scanning my manuals soon. I just put the huge box they are stored in away a couple weeks ago after I had had it out since the beginning of the year in order to catalog everything for insurance purposes after 90% of my collection was stolen from my storage unit last Christmas. 

Guess I am going to start scanning my manuals soon. I just put the huge box they are stored in away a couple weeks ago after I had had it out since the beginning of the year in order to catalog everything for insurance purposes after 90% of my collection was stolen from my storage unit last Christmas.
How is that insurance BS going?

I scanned a bunch of instructions today. I forgot to check my points before hand to see how many I got.  The points history only shows the last 25 items.  It does take multiple instructions of the same set.  I did 4 of the sith art set and it gave me points for each.  Just don't know where to see the registered sets to confirm.

I'll accept the job, but I'm working remote from home.

Also, I have 3 bins of instructions. No way those are going to the trash can!
That's what I don't get. Why not just have an office near DC where the plant is and have most everyone work from home? Boston is a bitch of a city to get around with vehicles, whenever I go I just walk.

How is that insurance BS going?
it was really hassle free. I meticulously cataloged everything and provided as much evidence and receipts that I still had. My estimate and theirs weren't that far off, probably a few thousand dollars but the renters insurance policy we have capped it off after a certain amount, which we hit. So while I didn't get current market value for everything submitted, I did get more than what I paid for everything retail.

the big hassle is resolution to the criminal report I filed with the sheriff's department. The "pawn" shop that received my stolen property did provide the sheriff's office with the name of the person who brought my items in but cannot disclose it to me as it's considered an active investigation still but even if it wasn't they can't give me the name because they can't prove the person who brought the items in to the pawn shop is who stole them from my storage unit :roll: Super frustrating

they can't prove the person who brought the items in to the pawn shop is who stole them from my storage unit :roll: Super frustrating
Cops gonna cop. I always thought procession of stolen goods was a crime, but any excuse to keep the cops from doing their damn job flies now.

But glad you got something decent.

Daffodils set is supposed to retire this year and then replaced with the same set, same number of pieces at least, for 2024 but the price is $15. 

So if you want the great set then get it now.

bread's done
Back