LEGO Deals 3

Went to target on my lunch break today and saw some of the Sep 1 sets - Disney, marvel, SW, HP - almost picked up the Walt set but will wait for any upcoming double point or GWP promos at the LEGO store
I saw the pics for the upcoming Harry Potter gringotts GWP and I do like it but nothing I want HP wise to hit the threshold

Went to target on my lunch break today and saw some of the Sep 1 sets - Disney, marvel, SW, HP - almost picked up the Walt set but will wait for any upcoming double point or GWP promos at the LEGO store
I saw the pics for the upcoming Harry Potter gringotts GWP and I do like it but nothing I want HP wise to hit the threshold
Not even the new mini-Hogwarts?

$130. October 1st. Target exclusive.

I like it, but I don't know if I $130 like it. Seems smaller than I'd thought it be.

21343-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
LEGO made $750 million dollars in pure profit the first half of the year. If they don't keep raising prices LEGO will go under!   :dunce:

had they hit over that mark they may have thought about blessing us with a new monorail but they just can't afford it

Yeah the Viking set looks cool but not $140 cool. If you have a RedCard you can get the 5% off and also submit your receipt for Insider points, so that's something I guess. I am a little surprised that Vikings, have not been deemed problematic by our current times. 

had they hit over that mark they may have thought about blessing us with a new monorail but they just can't afford it

Yeah the Viking set looks cool but not $140 cool. If you have a RedCard you can get the 5% off and also submit your receipt for Insider points, so that's something I guess. I am a little surprised that Vikings, have not been deemed problematic by our current times.
As much as I want a new monorail, that and/or Blacktron line coming back would be day 1 buy out for me, so I’m the interest of saving money, part of me is hoping it won’t happen.

Honestly, the history of pirates is just as problematic as vikings and they’re still held in relatively high regard in pop culture and a pretty regular staple in Lego as well.

Target exclusive means a lot of those Viking sets will have damaged boxes from those spider security devices. I'll probably grab it from Lego to get BF promotions or something

I like the Viking Village, but it’s more on par with the recent El Dorado Fortress than the Pirates of Barricuda Bay set … I feel like I might be falling into a second dark age, but I’m set for one or two more major LEGO purchases before the end of 2023, depending on GWPs. Also hopeful for a better 2024 modular … would love to see a museum modular someday.

I like the Viking Village, but it’s more on par with the recent El Dorado Fortress than the Pirates of Barricuda Bay set … I feel like I might be falling into a second dark age, but I’m set for one or two more major LEGO purchases before the end of 2023, depending on GWPs. Also hopeful for a better 2024 modular … would love to see a museum modular someday.
That makes me wonder if they would ever make a wider modular (2x baseplates?) but a single floor, and have it like a big aquarium or museum.

With Assembly Square finally retiring maybe we will get a bigger one in an upcoming year. I just hope LEGO let's the designer design. The Jazz Club sounded wonderful until everyone else at LEGO started putting in their two cents. It would have been amazing in dark blue.

The Speed Champs cars are going to 27 or 28 euro next March. Not a theme I care about but another price increase will just have me buying more and more knockoffs.

Some new Disney Princess sets based on a new movie. 

Good value for $20. Looks good. I think that's a lamb in a yellow sweater. 1x1 white tile print is nice too.

43223-1.jpg

$100 for 600 pieces is insanely stupid, but I think everything is printed so that's nice. Interesting new tower top.

43224-1.jpg

Neat house for $50 about 500 pieces.

The well is a print. The top window is a print. The shutters are prints. Yet the SIX rounded slope pieces on the bottom, those are stickers. Why not make the useless shutters prints and the round rock piece, that could be used in other sets, a print?

43231-1.jpg

The Speed Champs cars are going to 27 or 28 euro next March. Not a theme I care about but another price increase will just have me buying more and more knockoffs.
$30 US for 1 car? They're fucking crazy. They just raised the SC line this year to $25. I do like the theme but come on LEGO, give the price hikes a rest.

$30 US for 1 car? They're fucking crazy. They just raised the SC line this year to $25. I do like the theme but come on LEGO, give the price hikes a rest.
But Corbin, if Lego doesn't increase the price they might only make 1.75 billion this year. That could lead to Lego going under! :roll:

They still offer 2-packs at $35 despite price hike to $25 for single cars. It all feels like they’re pricing at “what they can get away with” and it’s off putting.

I’ve spent a lot less on Lego this year. It’s obviously not hurting Lego’s bottom line but I’m getting burned out (despite loving some of the recent releases)

I've run out of room in my house, so I've definitely dialed back my Lego spending. I have 4 nephews under age 4 though, so they'll be getting plenty of my hoarded, unopened Lego sets on their birthdays. Then I'll have more space for future Technic super cars lol

They still offer 2-packs at $35 despite price hike to $25 for single cars. It all feels like they’re pricing at “what they can get away with” and it’s off putting.

I’ve spent a lot less on Lego this year. It’s obviously not hurting Lego’s bottom line but I’m getting burned out (despite loving some of the recent releases)
They’ve been pulling this price creep garbage for years. Remember the oil price increases from like 5 years ago? Certainly wasn’t a drop in prices when oil literally had negative value during COVID.

I've run out of room in my house, so I've definitely dialed back my Lego spending. I have 4 nephews under age 4 though, so they'll be getting plenty of my hoarded, unopened Lego sets on their birthdays. Then I'll have more space for future Technic super cars lol
Hi Uncle, WingsDJY! Don't forget my birthday is next month!

Hi Uncle, WingsDJY! Don't forget my birthday is next month!
I was going to say the EXACT same thing. :lol:
(My birthday is next month.)

I'll call anyone daddy in a creepy sexual way if it gets me free LEGO.

I guess I won’t be watching the upcoming season of LEGO masters, cant stand that turd from duckbricks.
:lol:

So we already know who the winner will be then. :razz:

You can just do what I do and fast forward through 99% of the show and just look at the builds.

I have no idea who duckbricks is so I'll be watching LM S4!
He's 'Chris' in the photos they released. He's a bit of a prick, but pretty much every LEGO YouTuber is besides Jang and he already said he wouldn't go on the show.

What I find interesting is does he do MOCs? His whole channel is about how he has a massive collection of LEGO, it's not like he has any skills building anything. But it's a reality TV show so they will just build things for him.

He's 'Chris' in the photos they released. He's a bit of a prick, but pretty much every LEGO YouTuber is besides Jang and he already said he wouldn't go on the show.

What I find interesting is does he do MOCs? His whole channel is about how he has a massive collection of LEGO, it's not like he has any skills building anything. But it's a reality TV show so they will just build things for him.
Lol.., that’s exactly what I thought, daddy probably pays for that too.

LEGO needs to get this guy on staff. The angles are great, it's not all safe and very straight bocky buildings like the police station and Jazz Club.
2611284.976F76DB8D31A966.jpg

I see. I don't watch any LEGO YouTuber so I'm safe.

I do like the 360 Mega Blok.

I see. I don't watch any LEGO YouTuber so I'm safe.
I don't know how I came across him but he acts like an ex and looks like a twinkie version of a former roommate of mine.

The YouTube I really dislike is M and R productions. That kid / now guy is a spoiled brat who someone needs to smack the hell out of him.

Good news, during September heatwave it only got to 105 in my mom's attic. That should be safe for LEGO.

Nobody talking about the Horizon Forbidden West leak or UCS Venator?

My son started college and is clinging to the hope that Santa is bringing him a Venator. :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

(I'll probably get it too.)

75367-ucs-venator-leak.jpg

Nobody talking about the Horizon Forbidden West leak or UCS Venator?

My son started college and is clinging to the hope that Santa is bringing him a Venator. :pray: :pray: :pray:

(I'll probably get it too.)
With Uncle Wings and Santa Husher I expect a lot of LEGO this fall and winter.

I don't believe any video game rumours, those rumours are the only LEGO ones that seem to be wrong a lot. Also does anyone still care about those overpriced massive Star Wars sets?

The Speed Champs cars will be $27USD.

Two new Sonic sets with Shadow, Knuckles and Rogue [I don't know who that is].

Saw a blurry instagram photo of a box that looked to have a Tremortusk on it. Looked legit.
Brick Clicker says....

fake.jpg

He's been surprisingly right about things. The box looks fake to me, like it's a Chinese brand set based on a MOC.

Could be right, but why fake a tremortusk?  

I liked the Mega Xbox 360 until I saw that it's 3:4 scale and not 1:1.  Dump the controller and give me a 1:1 scale console.

bread's done
Back