LEGO Deals 3

Days of milk and honey and a good economy made 50% possible. Bad economy make for deals that aren't as attractive. Walmart has a nice 650pc bucket for $15.

[quote name='brock Samson']Days of milk and honey and a good economy made 50% possible. Bad economy make for deals that aren't as attractive. Walmart has a nice 650pc bucket for $15.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't even make sense! :lol:

If the economy is bad then shouldn't it be 50% off because no one has the money to spend on a box of plastic?

I think the thing was $70-$80 on Amazon, with no tax, or lines, or crazy people.

[quote name='bigdaddy']That doesn't even make sense! :lol:

If the economy is bad then shouldn't it be 50% off because no one has the money to spend on a box of plastic?
[/QUOTE]

The thing is, people are still buying Lego. In the last two years, two Lego stores opened up in my area. The last time Jabba's Palace was on sale at Target, it sold out of every Target in the area. I was at TRU today
[*]and people were snapping up Lego sets that were on sale, most of which were only modest values because of TRU's markups.

So they don't need to discount 50% off, so long as people are still throwing money at them.

[*]Today and tomorrow at TRU, the Star Wars planet mini-vehicle sets are on sale for 7.97. I quite like these, and it's a decent price.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Any word when the hobbiton set is supposed to come out?[/QUOTE]

The official release date is 1 December, but expect that TRU will put them on the shelves before Thanksgiving. They usually ignore the release date and put them out early.

[quote name='fizicyst']The official release date is 1 December, but expect that TRU will put them on the shelves before Thanksgiving. They usually ignore the release date and put them out early.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks!

[quote name='fizicyst']The official release date is 1 December, but expect that TRU will put them on the shelves before Thanksgiving. They usually ignore the release date and put them out early.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't mean you can buy them. I worked out TRU, we stuck out the then brand new Ninjago sets too early. If you tried to buy them the computer system wouldn't let you.

Like Chima, don't expect it until after Christmas but City and such will be out soon.

[quote name='bigdaddy']That doesn't even make sense! :lol:

I think the thing was $70-$80 on Amazon, with no tax, or lines, or crazy people.[/QUOTE]

Sure it does, when you have a good economy, you need to make things attractive to draw buyers in since they're going to spend money and you can take the hit on your loss leaders.

If you don't have a good economy, people aren't spending like they used to and you won't make up that huge discount form your loss leader so you have to reduce the discount.

The discount is to draw consumers to the store to generate sales, not discount items because the economy is bad.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Any word when the hobbiton set is supposed to come out?[/QUOTE]
I got a new LEGO catalog in the mail today and it has the Hobbit sets in it with a note that they will be available for purchase November 27th.

[quote name='scp89']40 % off all legos per BF TRU preview ad ...[/QUOTE]
Hardly....they have about ten sets listed under the 40% off banner and they are all only about 25% off MSRP at best. Nowhere does it say all. They have 3 different sections listed with lego, none are good deals as the stuff marked down the most has been available for further discounts since last year....meh TRU this is the worst BF LEGO offering to date!

[quote name='pumbaugh']Hardly....they have about ten sets listed under the 40% off banner and they are all only about 25% off MSRP at best. Nowhere does it say all. They have 3 different sections listed with lego, none are good deals as the stuff marked down the most has been available for further discounts since last year....meh TRU this is the worst BF LEGO offering to date![/QUOTE]

so u have inside info??? as ad states '40% Lego!' - it shows some sets yes - and everyone knows TRU markup - but nowhere does it list it does not apply to all lego

[quote name='scp89']so u have inside info??? as ad states '40% Lego!' - it shows some sets yes - and everyone knows TRU markup - but nowhere does it list it does not apply to all lego[/QUOTE]
Speaking of stupid things I've seen/read today, check out what Best(worst)-Lock finally managed to score a license to:

616_50684_P.jpg

stargate-best-lock.jpg

Almost kinda neat, VERY timely :roll:, but why so many dogs???

I think I want a Black Pearl now. If anyone has a spare (still-sealed, I don't want one with dirty bath water corrosion) that they'd like to sell for $70 shipped, I'll gladly buy it now rather than try to get one at Target on BF.

[quote name='scp89']so u have inside info??? as ad states '40% Lego!' - it shows some sets yes - and everyone knows TRU markup - but nowhere does it list it does not apply to all lego[/QUOTE]

I think they pulled this ruse last year or the year before.

They listed sets, and didn't have exclusions but when you went to the store, it was only a handful of their most OUTRAGEOUS priced sets, and you'd only save around 15-20%.

So yeah... BF + TRU = A huge HELL NO.

[quote name='xycury']

So yeah... BF + TRU = A huge HELL NO.[/QUOTE]

I wanted the Aqua Raiders base and I jokingly went into TRU. It was 50% off, none left at 10am and a 3 hour long line.

Where in the world does it say it does apply to ALL lego in the ad? It is quite clear to me that the sets on sale are the ones in the box. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise. Good luck strolling into TRU and expecting all lego on sale 40% BF.

[quote name='Kerig']I think I want a Black Pearl now. If anyone has a spare (still-sealed, I don't want one with dirty bath water corrosion) that they'd like to sell for $70 shipped, I'll gladly buy it now rather than try to get one at Target on BF.[/QUOTE]

TBP doesn't float, so I don't know why there'd be dirty bath water corrosion.

They are not going to sell out on BF, you can always purchase one and wait to see if they go on clearance later on down the road. I think I paid less than that after they were put on clearance at Costco earlier this year.

I noticed that about the TRU BF ad, the Lego sales this year seem pretty bad. I was looking forward to something good at Target but got left hanging. ='(

Here is some hope for some awesome Amazon lightning deals!!!

[quote name='skiizim']They are not going to sell out on BF, you can always purchase one and wait to see if they go on clearance later on down the road. I think I paid less than that after they were put on clearance at Costco earlier this year.

I noticed that about the TRU BF ad, the Lego sales this year seem pretty bad. I was looking forward to something good at Target but got left hanging. ='(

Here is some hope for some awesome Amazon lightning deals!!![/QUOTE]

Has there been a lightning deals section specific to LEGO on previous Black Fridays?

The days they happen have always been random but myself and a few of the others here are usually pretty good about guessing and posting the deals here so just make sure to check the thread.

Lego deals if memory serves me correct have never been on Black Friday but they have them the week after and leading up to Christmas. The best ones they had were a few years ago when they had a bunch of Indiana Jones sets on there.

Picked up a batmobile and city tractor polybags at target. Also went to a collector store and got series 1 caveman and cheerleader and black widow to complete my avengers set

anyway - amazon has Lego Super Heroes: the Batcave 6860 for $53 - seems a good deal to me - anyone have this set to comment?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='scp89']why does it seem that whenever I try to post something here to help people out in some way I always get attacked....one way or another it hadnt been posted in the thread - i saw the deal in TRU ad and posted it - I'm not going to turn this into a rant thread so please dont bother responding...

anyway - amazon has Lego Super Heroes: the Batcave 6860 for $53 - seems a good deal to me - anyone have this set to comment?[/QUOTE]

A bit cheaper on their Warehouse Deals

[quote name='scp89']why does it seem that whenever I try to post something here to help people out in some way I always get attacked....one way or another it hadnt been posted in the thread - i saw the deal in TRU ad and posted it - I'm not going to turn this into a rant thread so please dont bother responding...[/QUOTE]

Wait... weren't you the one accusing someone of being wrong when they stated their opinion that was clearly based on prior experience (and logic)?

Mmmm... hypocrisy!

[quote name='brotterr']Found the new Chase McCain minifigure at target .. It comes as part of the reservation card .. So you only need to pay $1 to get a figure![/QUOTE]

Do you have a pic of this? Is it in different Baggie from regular mini fig?

[quote name='jonboy71']Do you have a pic of this? Is it in different Baggie from regular mini fig?[/QUOTE]

It's a video game reservation card in the electronics section, with a minifigure poly folded over and attached (stapled, taped, or glued - didn't check) to the back. Should be in the same aisle as any other Wii U game pre-orders (most stores around here seemed to get 10+ each).

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Not my pic but http://i.imgur.com/0mIjS.jpg. It is a pretty big polybag for just a figure.[/QUOTE]

Just bought it but it's just a figure. contains 4 pieces, hair, head, body and legs.

It's not nearly as big as say the batman poly I got at Target too.

My guess is that it's the same size poly as other figure only bonuses, like Luthor or Elmond(sp)

Ok so today there are some deals today on Lego's at Amazon in the Holiday Event Toys Countdown to Black Friday Deals Week lightning deals - http://www.amazon.com/Toys-Holiday-Event/b?ie=UTF8&node=360960011

Starting at Today Only

Lego POTC Whitecap Bay 4194 ~Noon ET
Lego City Mining Truck 4202 ~1pm ET
Lego Star Wars Ewok Attack 7956 ~2pm ET
Lego Star Wars Pod Racers 7962 ~3pm ET
Lego Cars Macks Team Truck 8486 ~4pm ET
Lego Super Heroes The Hulk 4530 ~6pm ET
Lego City Off Road Fire Rescue 7942 ~9pm ET

Heeeeere's Dr. Splitz! (Flickr post from a Polish LEGO Club mag)

Someone at Toysnbricks even guessed it would be based on Jekyll/Hyde before the pic was released.

Also: Silver bags for 9 (and Gold for 10)

[quote name='scp89']Ok so today there are some deals today on Lego's at Amazon in the Holiday Event Toys Countdown to Black Friday Deals Week lightning deals - http://www.amazon.com/Toys-Holiday-Event/b?ie=UTF8&node=360960011

[/QUOTE]

Put White Cap in my cart as its the only POTC set we don't have...still deciding whether its worth it even at almost 50% off.

Edit: Didn't know that I had Discover cashback rewards and I didn't know that I could use them on Amazon until I saw the little window at checkout...White Cap Bay for $12 (after my rewards!).

$12 is pretty awesome after rewards, I just logged on to see this. I remember picking it up for around $20 at Target, for this price it may be as good as any since it's going to get discontinued soon.

^Imperial Flagship went fast last year. A Shop@Home employee had hinted to me two weeks prior that it would be discontinued in Dec. 2011, so I already had it in my cart to pair with the free holiday set once the offer went live. To my surprise, the Flagship ended up being part of the Brick Friday sale as well, so when it went live, the price in my cart went way down and I checked out immediately.

Today's Amazon report: picked up Ewok Attack for 40% off (Lightning Deal).

[quote name='pumbaugh']That would be Lego's name for the Lego.com store :)[/QUOTE]

Shop at home has been around a long time, before the website was around, as a mail order catalog. There were some sets you could only get in the US through shop at home back in the day like the guarded inn. I lusted after it as a child and when they rereleased it as the first in the legends line I picked it up immediately. Even the rerelease goes for a lot of money now.

[quote name='brock Samson']Shop at home has been around a long time, before the website was around, as a mail order catalog. There were some sets you could only get in the US through shop at home back in the day like the guarded inn. I lusted after it as a child and when they rereleased it as the first in the legends line I picked it up immediately. Even the rerelease goes for a lot of money now.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. You can still order from the catalog over the phone using catalog codes. All catalog/internet orders now go to the same place/facility so I just refer to it as the internet arm of LEGO. I remember calling up Wednesday mornings I think it was for the weekly specials at S@H. Stuff they found small qtys of or were discontinued....ah the good ol days.

[quote name='encendido5']bigdaddy, you should check this out if you're still in the area. It looks like a treasure trove of 90s sets. Seems like a decent price too.

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/tag/3402110931.html[/QUOTE]

I live near Springfield, and rarely in Natick (There s the Lego Store there, but that mall sucks) but I'd preobably buy that, I'd need a closer look.

They have some old baseplates, which I love, I'd like that river one. Depending on how many minifigures there was I'd take it.

May Target only had the Batmoble and that's it. However it had about two boxes of series 8, and they aren't moving yet. I doubt they will survive Christmas because they are awesome stocking stuffers, but I can hope.

It's hard to tell, but that second picture looks like it has a bunch of figs in it, also horses, a dragon, etc. And yeah, those baseplates are pretty sweet.

I stopped by Walmart yesterday and they had the latest HP castle for $90, QAR for $79, and the Sith Infiltrator for $40.

[quote name='skiizim']If you went looking for the Tractor I saw those at the Registers at one of my Targets.[/QUOTE]

I keep forgetting to check. My Target has three entrances and the Legos seem to be near the one I never go to. I'll have to check for that side.

It's this set right?

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=4899-1

Nice, I actually want that one more.

Received the new LEGO catalog in the mail, has the Hobbit sets in the back, which is nice to see.

Friends set 3185 (A $100 set) has an awesome VW van in the set that is actually kind of neat.

bread's done
Back