LEGO Deals 3

This was posted in the video game section but it pans out pretty well for LEGO, normally coupons wont work on items that are on sale at TRU.... but I just saw a post in the video game section and bought a LEGO using a 15% off code.

I picked up the Hoth Echo Base for $66.xx which is roughly $30 off MSRP at the Lego store.

They have lots of items on sale right now, you just have to see what works for you.

Toys R' Us eBay Storefront

save 15% code, enter CTOYSRUS at checkout, $30 maximum savings.

EDIT: I think somebody wanted Ninjago Desiny's Bounty, it's on sale for $69.99 so with 15% off that makes it roughly $60 plus tax.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'd buy this for $10 if I had paypal. :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Ninjago-Game-/350626903504?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item51a2fdf5d0[/QUOTE]

Its $11.50 now but still a great deal. Bought one. Thanks (how did you find this deal by the way?)
EDIT: Oh I forgot the coupon code dang it.

[quote name='the-daryl']Yoyo.com has some ok Lego sales, atm. From between 10-40% off (selected sets)- and more if you are new customer using code yoyo30 for 30% off (up to 20$ off).

Vamp Castle is 69.99 after coupon.
Helm's Deep is 83.99 after coupon.

http://www.yoyo.com/buy?s=lego sale[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Picked up Helm's Deep at about 35% off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up the Hayabusa and Maersk Train this week. Since that cuusoo set won't be available in our stores, and we haven't seen shipment of the train in over a month, I had to bite before I regretted it.

We're almost at the end of the year/quarter so any exclusives getting a reduction in price pretty much means we won't be seeing it in production anymore.

I'll probably pick up another MMV for parts or display.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Its $11.50 now but still a great deal. Bought one. Thanks (how did you find this deal by the way?)
.[/QUOTE]

I just used skiizim's link and searched for all LEGOs. That was the only decent deal. I'd really love some micro figures as it seems LEGO Games is slowing dying away.

This guys is supposed to be an alien from Series 9.
http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-collectible-minifigures-series-9-alien-trooper/

And brickset has the chicken guy, he's awesome looking. Has wing arms.

I tried the coupon on Palpatines arrest. No go on that set.

[quote name='skiizim']This was posted in the video game section but it pans out pretty well for LEGO, normally coupons wont work on items that are on sale at TRU.... but I just saw a post in the video game section and bought a LEGO using a 15% off code.

I picked up the Hoth Echo Base for $66.xx which is roughly $30 off MSRP at the Lego store.

They have lots of items on sale right now, you just have to see what works for you.

Toys R' Us eBay Storefront

save 15% code, enter CTOYSRUS at checkout, $30 maximum savings.

EDIT: I think somebody wanted Ninjago Desiny's Bounty, it's on sale for $69.99 so with 15% off that makes it roughly $60 plus tax.[/QUOTE]

I just checked and it's taking $13.50 off, I don't know if you typed it in wrong or something?!?!

US $13.50 off coupon - CTOYSRUSSubtotal (1 item)$89.99
Shipping to xxxxxFREE
CA sales tax$6.97
Coupons, gift cards, discounts- $13.50
Total:$83.46

s13002927162341
s.gif
You'll earn $1.80 in eBay Bucks. See terms

[quote name='the-daryl']Yoyo.com has some ok Lego sales, atm. From between 10-40% off (selected sets)- and more if you are new customer using code yoyo30 for 30% off (up to 20$ off).

Vamp Castle is 69.99 after coupon.
Helm's Deep is 83.99 after coupon.

http://www.yoyo.com/buy?s=lego sale[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting, any idea how long this sale lasts?

[quote name='skiizim']I just checked and it's taking $13.50 off, I don't know if you typed it in wrong or something?!?!

US $13.50 off coupon - CTOYSRUSSubtotal (1 item)$89.99
Shipping to xxxxxFREE
CA sales tax$6.97
Coupons, gift cards, discounts- $13.50
Total:$83.46

s13002927162341
s.gif
You'll earn $1.80 in eBay Bucks. See terms[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize it was their ebay site...whoops

FYI...

next week at TRU, don't look to buy any Lego Star Wars, Monster Fighters, Batman and Ninjago sets. Mark ups galore are going to happen.

Next week at TRU...

Don't expect any of us to step foot in TRU unless there is new minifigures out or TRU made a mistake and actually has a decent sale. :p

[quote name='prim4444']FYI...

next week at TRU, don't look to buy any Lego Star Wars, Monster Fighters, Batman and Ninjago sets. Mark ups galore are going to happen.[/QUOTE]
So they are marking up their marked up prices... wow TRU you are way off the wagon.

[quote name='lordopus99']So they are marking up their marked up prices... wow TRU you are way off the wagon.[/QUOTE]

Well of course. TRU needs some way to pay for their buy two get one 80% off Christmas sales. :roll:

[quote name='180husher']Got this in an email today...

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Black-Fr...ID=1682879&RMID=VIP_2012_11_BFCM_EA_Teaser_US[/QUOTE]

I got it too. If I'm not logged into their site, I get a button that takes me to the sales and deals, which has nothing special. If I am logged in, I just get the picture of the red guy.

The email showed the exclusive holiday free-with-99+-purchase set, but is that it? Will we not know until tomorrow?

I get home around midnite eastern so I'll check it out, but I'm not staying up til 3 am if it goes live then...which means the good stuff will be gone when I wake up!

For those of you who care or want to resell at that, I found Lego Mindcraft for $35 at Game Stop Kids. The employee told me they received an email that there initial shipment is all that they are going to get. They did have some other Lego sets but nothing out of the ordinary and nothing marked up.

Here is a list for Game Stop Kids stores.

I think the item number is 320390, I don't know if you can check online or not with or how to go about it.

[quote name='180husher']I get home around midnite eastern so I'll check it out, but I'm not staying up til 3 am if it goes live then...which means the good stuff will be gone when I wake up![/QUOTE]

The last few big sales have been iffy at best, with things listed that were never really in stock. It's not worth it most of the time.

EDIT - Looks like it's nothing special...

$49 Free shipping
$99 Free set
$149 10% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='encendido5']Any pointers to getting the series 8 fairy? Is the skirt in a cardboard insert that is easy to tell?[/QUOTE]

That one is really easy, it has oddly shaped wings, one piece, can't mistake it.

[quote name='bigdaddy']That one is really easy, it has oddly shaped wings, one piece, can't mistake it.[/QUOTE]

ditto on the wings... can't really miss it.

Target weekly ad must be a misprint then. Clearly showing Anakin's & Sebulba's Podracers set on sale at $30. Any sign of a correction in store?

[quote name='prim4444']Target weekly ad must be a misprint then. Clearly showing Anakin's & Sebulba's Podracers set on sale at $30. Any sign of a correction in store?[/QUOTE]
My store doesn't even have shelf space for the Podracers set. Now, the other Anakin set i.e. Anakin's Jedi Intercepter it is on sale for $30.

Thanks guys, it took me less than a minute to find it. I went through 4 bags pretty quickly before I felt what I thought were wings. Then I felt for the wand, and was sure that was it.

I was bummed I couldn't get the special holiday set today though. I'm going to be in NYC this coming weekend, and the lego store is a $15 toll ride or a trip into Manhattan. And I really don't want to have to ride the subway. I guess I'll just get the Cottage online with free shipping and the holiday set.

Are they doing the scratch tickets again this year?

In for one Friends Cafe. Been wanting that one. The red slope corners, the big transparent pieces. I'm on board for some Friends Cafe action.

Has anyone had any success using the tru credit card to get free shipping? Supposedly, you can select the card on checkout and get free shipping. I have not been able to get this to work.

[quote name='Max Power']Has anyone had any success using the tru credit card to get free shipping? Supposedly, you can select the card on checkout and get free shipping. I have not been able to get this to work.[/QUOTE]

You have a TRU credit card? I'd be scared to go anywhere near TRU with a credit card. :lol:

Brickset.com has two images of sets from the upcoming theme, Galaxy Squad. Check them out here:

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=4797#comments

I'm really not impressed so far. I really hate those elongated space helmets ala Space Police/Alien Conquest and really hoped they would get rid of them. There's a new helmet mold as well, which looks kind of...odd. The TLG should have really stuck with the Space Marine minifig from Series 7 as the inspiration for this theme. Oh well...

My problem is the robot "good" guys and the colors. It looks just like Mars Mission, it has the colors, it transforms, you can see too many Technic holes. Alien Conquest was LEGO, solid built, different color.

This new theme has nothing going for it, it all seems like a down grade to me. Plus anything that reminds me of Mars Mission is a miss to me.

And I have said it 100 times, but if they only added some blue to the human ships it would almost be Ice Planet, and that would get me more excited.

TRU 20% off coupon works for regular priced legos in store. I wanted to finally get Mindstorms but they sold out the first day the coupon went live. I got the 4 x 4 Crawler for $160 since there is no TRU markup for this set. I wanna start building more motorized stuff...a natural evolution from motorizing train sets I think.

[quote name='180husher']TRU 20% off coupon works for regular priced legos in store. I wanted to finally get Mindstorms but they sold out the first day the coupon went live. I got the 4 x 4 Crawler for $160 since there is no TRU markup for this set. I wanna start building more motorized stuff...a natural evolution from motorizing train sets I think.[/QUOTE]

The Mindstorm does have a mark up in store. It went up to $329 this week.

bread's done
Back