LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='skiizim']Hopefully they have some stuff when I get tomorrow. They get there truck in on Thursday, so we'll see what they have.

@GoingIncognito, the Lego Store I frequent is located inside an outlet mall, the store still runs the same but frequently gets discounted damaged sets from anywhere between 10% and 30%. Although I have seen some sets for 50% such as the Green Grocer I picked up a while back. Star Wars is pretty much off limits, I had trouble just picking up a Home One and I got lucky. When they were running 50% off they did have plenty of City, Atlantis, PoP, & certain Duplo Sets.[/QUOTE]

I can always wish, right? :D

Hope you find good stuff tomorrow!

[quote name='kjauburn']To bad my store is a hour drive or I would probably head over. My 4 year old loves the Atlantis sets and she has 4 sets. Undersea explorer would be hard to pass at $12. With the end of the theme almost here, we have been stashing a few away including Shadow snapper today. Still hoping they decide to continue it, especially since they are builing the Atlantis Sea Life attraction at additional Legolands this year.[/QUOTE]

I have no clue where I read it but I swear a LEGO designer said they had a three year plan for Atlantis. However with all the sells it might not be selling well and they cut it.

The log cabin was $15 at kmart.com but sold out now.

[quote name='skiizim']Where do you live at? You always say everything is too far away, I'm surprised you have internet! I kid, I kid...[/QUOTE]

SW WI and it sucks.

MoA is about 4.5 hours, and the new one in near Chicago is about that far plus all the tolls.

if it was 3 hours, I'd definately make the trip... but 4+ Hrs and crossing state lines turns me off. It'd be an all day trip and not worth it unless everything was 90% off.

I am sure you all know but I will post just in case. If you use your Discover card at Lego online store then be sure and go through the Discover link. It bumps up the cash back to 5%.

[quote name='xycury']SW WI and it sucks.

MoA is about 4.5 hours, and the new one in near Chicago is about that far plus all the tolls.

if it was 3 hours, I'd definately make the trip... but 4+ Hrs and crossing state lines turns me off. It'd be an all day trip and not worth it unless everything was 90% off.[/QUOTE]
Man. I must be spoiled because my LEGO store is approximately a mile away and the next one is about a 45 min drive. I have at least 12 Targets within a 15 mile radius, 2 Super Walmarts. 2 regular Walmarts, 5 Borders and 4 BN.

I can also drive down to the LA area for another 4+ hours and hit 3 other LEGO stores. Just sayin... :D

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Man. I must be spoiled because my LEGO store is approximately a mile away and the next one is about a 45 min drive. I have at least 12 Targets within a 15 mile radius, 2 Super Walmarts. 2 regular Walmarts, 5 Borders and 4 BN.

I can also drive down to the LA area for another 4+ hours and hit 3 other LEGO stores. Just sayin... :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but one day The Big One will hit and you'll be in the ocean...now if only we could move Pittsburgh over there before it happens.

I just came back from the Burlington Mall Lego store. DON'T go there unless you want to spend 30 + minutes looking for parking. For some reason, there were cars and people everywhere. They must be coming out of hibernation I guess.

Anyway, here's what I bought:

Fight for the Dagger : $8.98
Quest Against Time: $14.98
Battle of Alamut: $23.98

They also had the Desert Attack for $3 or $4 and the Ostrich Race for $6 or something like that. Not much else on the clearance except for the Duplo Garbage Truck.

Now I have to go and return the Alamut I got for $40.

what a great price for alamut! i caught it on clearance at my walmart way back in november and i just put it together today. fantastic set. i would definitely buy another if i could find it for 24 bucks!

Absolutely nothing at my local Kmart. The had toys are "clearance" but they were basically "on sale". They had one Tie defender marked down to $38 and a bunch of hero factory sets. I didn't scan anything since I didn't see any of the sets that were supposed to be clearanced out.

[quote name='encendido5']I just came back from the Burlington Mall Lego store. DON'T go there unless you want to spend 30 + minutes looking for parking. For some reason, there were cars and people everywhere. They must be coming out of hibernation I guess.

They also had the Desert Attack for $3 or $4 and the Ostrich Race for $6 or something like that. Not much else on the clearance except for the Duplo Garbage Truck.

Now I have to go and return the Alamut I got for $40.[/QUOTE]

For those prices I would have bought 2-3 of everything besides quest. That's just amazing. I'd love the minifigures the camels and ostrids.

I'm starting to get depressed. I miss out on PoP sales, Lego Store sales, the Target, Walmart clearance never happens around me, no $3 Kmart sets.

My wallet is happy, but I would love PoP and SP sets. If you take the Atlantis helment and stick in on a SP guy it looks a lot better.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='encendido5']

[/QUOTE]

Nice haul! I wish the Lego Stores here had more than just the ostrich race. I got Alumut earlier for $35 at Target and Quest for $24. Just missing Dagger set and would have totally got it for $8.98!

lego store near me that I'll be going to...I'll look for things for people and ship at cost ... what should i be looking for?>

^ Prince of Persia.

I'm trying to think how much shipping would be, but a big set for like $40ish would be awesome.

I'm eyeing those Troll Fortresses at my local Target. Almost at 75% and they have a bunch left. There's another Target that still has the Galactic Enforcer so hoping they start to move those over to the clearance section soon.

[quote name='scp89']yeah I'd pay shipping on a 75 % off troll fortress if they had extras....I'll look for POP stuff ...[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I like the smaller sets but with shipping I figured it might not be worth it.

However if I ever find a huge set someone wants (haha that be the day) they make those prepaid boxes now, that's probably cheaper than by weight.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Thanks. I like the smaller sets but with shipping I figured it might not be worth it.

However if I ever find a huge set someone wants (haha that be the day) they make those prepaid boxes now, that's probably cheaper than by weight.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah! As long as you don't need/want the box, the USPS "if it fits, it ships box" is the way to go for shipping sets.

At the Lego store today I got Desert Attack for $3 and The Ostrich Race for $6 and Magnets - Atlantis for $4.48. They had Quest for time but I passed I hope that was not a mistake, my son was really not that interested in the theme though. I hope he likes the little sets that we got but those looked good at least for minifigures. I also got my son the Ninjago ninja ambush and Ninja Training Outpost.

My son bought the Ninjago Skull Motorbike and he bought Zane and Krazi spinners with money he got for the holidays from great grandma. So we played the game for a little while, it was ok. We played on the floor as the spinners kept going off the table. When I went to the lego store they had sensei wu and his weapons and they also had him with a spinner and a battle arena, we passed on those though.My son built the motorbike which I think is cool. So now he has all 4 ninjas. I also got a Dumbledore keychain, should I use it as a keychain or can I remove it and use it as a minifigure?

[quote name='IOIHUMMERIOI']Oh yeah! As long as you don't need/want the box, the USPS "if it fits, it ships box" is the way to go for shipping sets.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't care about the box if I can save an insane amount on the LEGOs.

And I just found out another classmate of mine died, this time a car crash, she was 24. She was the second one in less than a year. We aren't old enough for this bullshit.

I didn't find anything of interest at the Lego Store today, they had a Duplo Fire Truck for $9, a Ben 10 set for $5 and a bunch of Obi Wan Jedi Starfighters.

I did pick up Lego Harry Potter DS game for $9, they also had Rock Band and I think another game ranging between $9 & $12 xbox, ps3, DS.

Picked up 6 packs of Series 3 at Target today (in Valentine's section). I tried for a Hula Girl, but don't think I got one. I'm sure I got a fisherman and a sumo wrestler, though. Hopefully I felt them up and stared at raised bumps enough to get what I wanted :). Man I felt dirty...

I almost didn't bother to get any, but I could resist. No other deals at Target or Walmart.

[quote name='skiizim']I didn't find anything of interest at the Lego Store today, they had a Duplo Fire Truck for $9, a Ben 10 set for $5 and a bunch of Obi Wan Jedi Starfighters.

I did pick up Lego Harry Potter DS game for $9, they also had Rock Band and I think another game ranging between $9 & $12 xbox, ps3, DS.[/QUOTE]

Was the Starfighter still $75 or did it drop to $50? It went back to $100 on S@H.

[quote name='180husher']Was the Starfighter still $75 or did it drop to $50?[/QUOTE]

It was marked $75 but I didn't scan or ask if it had dropped.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Picked up 6 packs of Series 3 at Target today (in Valentine's section). I tried for a Hula Girl, but don't think I got one. I'm sure I got a fisherman and a sumo wrestler, though. Hopefully I felt them up and stared at raised bumps enough to get what I wanted :). Man I felt dirty...

I almost didn't bother to get any, but I could resist. No other deals at Target or Walmart.[/QUOTE]

I thought I got the full set until I found out I had 2 hula girls. :( If I figure out what I'm missing (son is still opening them...gets them for good behavior) and you have an extra one of what I need, want to swap? :) I also have an extra chief.

Where do you find the limited edition Sensei Wu from the Ninjago line? It's carded and has limited edition weapon set from the pictures I see on ebay. (looks like one glows in the dark?) Just wondering if that's a lego store thing, or is it at any of the major retailers?

http://shop.lego.com/SalesAndDeals/Default.aspx?va=1

Looks like Lego Shop at Home restocked the Star Wars mini figure magnets and the Atlantis magnets. I was able to pick up 2 packs of the Endor set (Han, Biker Scout Stormtrooper, Ewok), 1 of the (Leia, 3P0, Ackbar) set, the Atlantis magnet pack, and 2 key chains (Bike Scout, Luke) for a grand total of $20.xx shipped with the BR120 code.

Unfortunately there aren't really any sets available but if you're into mini figs there's some deals to be had.

[quote name='IOIHUMMERIOI']I thought I got the full set until I found out I had 2 hula girls. :( If I figure out what I'm missing (son is still opening them...gets them for good behavior) and you have an extra one of what I need, want to swap? :) I also have an extra chief.[/QUOTE]

Definitely! I still haven't opened any of the packets I have since it's been a busy night, so no word on what I have.

Thanks to you guys, this is what my wife has to put up with :lol:

This is just stuff I've gotten in the past few months...

img3008a.jpg

[quote name='JediKiller24']Where do you find the limited edition Sensei Wu from the Ninjago line? It's carded and has limited edition weapon set from the pictures I see on ebay. (looks like one glows in the dark?) Just wondering if that's a lego store thing, or is it at any of the major retailers?[/QUOTE]

It's $15 for one minifigure and it's only available at the Lego Stores right now.

[quote name='bigdaddy']It's $15 for one minifigure and it's only available at the Lego Stores right now.[/QUOTE]

I saw it yesterday at the Lego store, but it seemed very expensive. I don't get why it was so expensive. If it came with the spinner I would have bought it. You can get this minifigure and spinner in another set. Does anyone think I should get Quest against time, I passed on it but wondering if I made a mistake. My son is having fun with his Ninjago. He built the ninja ambush last night as well.

[quote name='bigdaddy']It's $15 for one minifigure and it's only available at the Lego Stores right now.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info. Boo on the price though....$15??? sheesh. and the fact that I'm no where near a lego store. :roll:

[quote name='encendido5']Thanks to you guys, this is what my wife has to put up with :lol:

*snip pic out*[/QUOTE]

You...You have TWO Venators....:???:..Lucky sonuva...

;).

And to anyone out there wondering, yes I am still smarting over being too slow to grab one from S@H at 50% off. :p

[quote name='mickeyp']I saw it yesterday at the Lego store, but it seemed very expensive. I don't get why it was so expensive. If it came with the spinner I would have bought it. You can get this minifigure and spinner in another set. Does anyone think I should get Quest against time, I passed on it but wondering if I made a mistake. My son is having fun with his Ninjago. He built the ninja ambush last night as well.[/QUOTE]

I thought it came with a spinner? What a ripoff! The $50 set will get on sale several times, for three times as much just get the bigger set with awesome windows.

For $15 I'd probably buy a Quest.

I know Quest is very cheap. I don't even know if my son will play with it though so it could be like wasting $15, but I guess we could use the pieces for other things but he really does not do that.
Oh well I'll think about it some more.
edit: It seems like they don't have it anymore.

[quote name='encendido5']Thanks to you guys, this is what my wife has to put up with :lol:

[/QUOTE]

Nice man! I have yet to build my Venator as well, but that's because there's no room for it.

I think encendido has got something going here. I don't know if this has been done before, but each month we should consider posting a picture of our Pick-Ups for that month. Besides bragging rights you never know who might be able to trade/buy something with you. What do you guys think?

[quote name='mickeyp']I know Quest is very cheap. I don't even know if my son will play with it though so it could be like wasting $15, but I guess we could use the pieces for other things but he really does not do that. Oh well I'll think about it some more.[/QUOTE]

The set is shit and most likely never be played with but it has 500+ pieces for cheap.

New tain that will most likely be insanely priced.

http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/images/10219-1.jpg

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']
Each month we should consider posting a picture of our Pick-Ups for that month. Besides bragging rights you never know who might be able to trade/buy something with you. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]
Ha! Yeah, I'd like to see that. I'm curious to see how much people have actually bought since Thanksgiving...

[quote name='GoingIncognito']You...You have TWO Venators....:???:..Lucky sonuva...

;).

And to anyone out there wondering, yes I am still smarting over being too slow to grab one from S@H at 50% off. :p[/QUOTE]

I wish I'd gotten them for 50% off. I got them at target last summer I think for 30% off at $84 each. I figured I would make my money back for both by selling one after they're sold out ;)

Tito, that is a great idea. I would love to see what everyone else has gotten.

Turns out I didn't get a Fisherman or a Sumo Wrestler. I got a Samurai, Rap Singer, Mummy, Snowboarder, and two Tennis Players. I was extremely certain I got a Fisherman, so either I completely boned it or I put it down and picked up another one. Oh well. The Mummy is cool, and the Rap Singer is cooler than I thought he would be. Either I'll trade away the extra Tennis Player or I'll set up a lime green stud between the two for a tennis ball :D.

Well, 30% still isn't too shabby. It looks like a really nice set, and I doubt you'll have trouble turning your extra one into profit later on.

I just remembered what the other game at the Lego Store was, it was Lego Indiana Jones 2 for Xbox & PS3 going for around $9-$12. That was the general price for all the games they had.

@GoingIncognito, the samurai sword can easily be confused as the fishing rod here is the key though, the fishing rod goes all the way across the bottom. You can also feel for the line and the fish to make sure afterwords. If you feel a big bulky thing that is most likely the samurais armor.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Ha! Yeah, I'd like to see that. I'm curious to see how much people have actually bought since Thanksgiving...[/QUOTE]

I'd be scared of that picture for me. Putting it all. Together may lead to a divorce

[quote name='mickeyp']Does anyone think I should get Quest against time, I passed on it but wondering if I made a mistake. My son is having fun with his Ninjago. He built the ninja ambush last night as well.[/QUOTE]

if it was 15 bucks or less, i'd say it was a deal. the set is probably the least admired of the PoP line from the *adult* point of view, but my son loves it. it's full of traps with swords, saw, etc., so there's lots of playability -- *and* it has a cool light brick. he's played with it a lot. it would work well with ninja guys, too. ;)

[quote name='ackbar7']I'd be scared of that picture for me. Putting it all. Together may lead to a divorce[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling. Also, an executive decision had to be made today to pay for repairs to our house humidifier. The Troll's Mountain Fortress was a casualty, and is on its way back to Target now. Oh well, we needed the $70 towards the repair :(. Sorry I couldn't pass it all on to you guys; we need the $70 rather immediately. If we didn't need the refund so urgently I would have sold it here for cost + shipping. On the upside, when it returns to the floor it should be $50. Anyone near the Target in Princeton, NJ should be on the lookout.

Sucks, too. It was a nice set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back