LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bigdaddy']I agree it's mostly BS, they better take my coupon, I priced two. Stores didn't realize that people change internet coupons, however you can't change the barcode, so if it's programed correctly into the coupon it won't matter.[/quote]

See that's part of the problem... the barcode wasn't actually coded right.

Actually it was their fucked up systems...

Target should check to see if you have $25 in toys then take the coupon off... but what happens is people where using that coupon on food, clothes anything over $25.

Their systems wouldn't deny it outright so people used it like free $5.

I almost wonder if it would have worked for something that wasn't even $25....

I know I used the hell out of those coupons, but I was actually buying toys. Saving 20% on legos is not a great deal but better than nothing.

Wow that is insanely stupid on Target's part. How hard can it be to only be used on toys? The computer can figure what a toy is yet Target can't program the computers to do that.

And I might not use the coupon, I'm still debating if I want the set, plus they might be sold out by now.

I think I might check target tomorrow. But the Lego goes fast at this one, plus they stock very little in the way of sets. Small town, big county, only Target in 50 miles.

That's okay. I got a $10 off $50 from TRU in the mail. So I'm using that on the "Peril in Peru" set. Something about an old DC3 that looks great in the set.

[quote name='EvilIA']
That's okay. I got a $10 off $50 from TRU in the mail. So I'm using that on the "Peril in Peru" set. Something about an old DC3 that looks great in the set.[/quote]

I was going to do the same thing, but never got a coupon.

I found a store that clearanced the big $100 castle set, but they were out of stock...now I have to check all the stores I've been to previously. Hoping they do some markdowns this week.

Just FYI, not a deal per se, but Target had all of the new Clone Wars lego sets in stock as of this morning, at least in SJ, CA. As some people have mentioned in the Target Clearance thread, I think these might be street dated (broken) since ToysRUs is having some sort of exclusive midnight launch for the new clone wars movie-related products (Free 3/4 inch figure with a purchase of the lego stuff on Friday at Midnight btw)

[quote name='etcrane']Just FYI, not a deal per se, but Target had all of the new Clone Wars lego sets in stock as of this morning, at least in SJ, CA. As some people have mentioned in the Target Clearance thread, I think these might be street dated (broken) since ToysRUs is having some sort of exclusive midnight launch for the new clone wars movie-related products (Free 3/4 inch figure with a purchase of the lego stuff on Friday at Midnight btw)[/quote]

It is a street dated product (July 26). TRU and the Lego B&M stores are both having events for the release of the Clone wars stuff.

This Sundays ad has a listing for a sale for Lego @ 20% off.

Prices Good Sunday, July 27 through Saturday, August 2, 2008

** Pictured IJ Lego **
All Lego SAVE 20%
From regular Prices
Excludes Lego Star Wars.

PS> Sorry about the triple post.

I saw an ad today for K-Mart, buy two star wars toys get one free (Had pictures of legos, so star wars legos, woot!)

Alright, extremely local-only deal, but if you're in the S.F. Bay Area region, Diddams is clearing out all their lego sets at 40% off. They have around 6 or 7 locations throughout the Bay Area, mainly in San Jose, Cupertino, Mountain View, etc. Here's the really cool part though, since they didn't do all that well at selling Lego's, they have some really old, kinda rare sets going for 40% off. Today I saw some of the larger Dino Attack sets, like the Typhoon one and another one at the SJ Almaden Exp. store, the Batcave set at the Steven's Creek store, some of the old viking sets at the Meridian store, and an old Alpha Team Ogel's Mountain Fortress set at the store in Cupertino. Random sets I know, but they're all still there as far as I know. There was also sponge bob and bionicle stuff ... but who really cares, right? Oh, and limited amounts of the older star wars stuff. Good luck if anyone can utilize this info ...

@ Amazon.com

I'm not big on the kindom sets since they are just action figures, but some old ExoForce sets are on sale. I have prime but they have free shipping on 25.

I don't know the link to amazon though, I ripped it from SD and I'm not using their links. Go find Cag's link.

LEGO Knights Kingdom Karzon
List Price: $9.99
Price: $4.97 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
You Save: $5.02 (50%)

LEGO Knights Kingdom Dracus
List Price: $9.99
Price: $4.97 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
You Save: $5.02 (50%)

LEGO Lord Vladek
List Price: $19.99
Price: $9.95 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
You Save: $10.04 (50%)

LEGO 8105 Iron Condor
List Price: $14.99
Price: $7.46 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
You Save: $7.53 (50%)

LEGO 8103 Sky Guardian
Price: $7.46 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details

LEGO 8104 Shadow Crawler
Price: $7.46

I can't belive Amazon still has those terrible Knight Action Figures. I would buy 8104 Shadow Crawler, but that's it and it's not worth it after shipping.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I can't belive Amazon still has those terrible Knight Action Figures. I would buy 8104 Shadow Crawler, but that's it and it's not worth it after shipping.[/quote]

I would agree that getting just one isn't worth it.

I managed to hop on the Prime train and score a year for only 17.

The wife and myself have probably trippled the payback by not paying taxes and shipping on all of it and 2day shipping is icing.

Considering that these sets aren't found in store anymore, I was glad to see them for a good price. I checked ebay and they were going for more than retail.

I picked up all three exoforce because I haven't had the chance to buy those.

At first I thought this was at lego.com and those sell out really fast, but I was able to get them at noon at Amazon when it started at like 6am. So Amazon must have had a HUGE stockpile.

terrible Knight Action Figures is right!

Ya, LEGO are one of the few items that are instantly worth more on ebay than retail. I think a lot of buyers aren't able to find them (I know it's a real hike for me to find any, and the shipping on TRU.com and LEGO.com are pretty high).

I just got a bunch of sets price adjusted at Target as their clearance prices dropped to 75% off...I got the MTT lowered to $25, Y-wing to $10, and Mars Claw Tank to $7.50. Very good way to start the day. Now I'm just waiting for a $13 Imperial Shuttle.

[quote name='180husher']I just got a bunch of sets price adjusted at Target as their clearance prices dropped to 75% off...I got the MTT lowered to $25, Y-wing to $10, and Mars Claw Tank to $7.50. Very good way to start the day. Now I'm just waiting for a $13 Imperial Shuttle.[/quote]

I hate you.

My wife works at the first Lego store in Texas. Even though the store has only been open about a month and a half, they have already put some stuff on clearance. The problem finding this stuff is that they don't advertise the sales. Not in advertisements, not even in the store.

[quote name='180husher']I just got a bunch of sets price adjusted at Target as their clearance prices dropped to 75% off...I got the MTT lowered to $25, Y-wing to $10, and Mars Claw Tank to $7.50. Very good way to start the day. Now I'm just waiting for a $13 Imperial Shuttle.[/QUOTE]

The MTT at $25?!
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

[quote name='Halo05']The MTT at $25?!
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:[/quote]

Do people actually like this set, or are they just excited for all of those brown pieces?

Well I'll have fun building it and trying to keep it in one piece until my kids destroy it and make brown houses with it likely. And I like any 1000+ piece set that I can get for $25. I was lucky as Targets return policy frowns upon returning/rebuying clearance items that have dropped in price. But the woman who helped me today said I just had to bring in the receipts and she would refund the difference anytime. Gawd, I hope she keeps her position at customer service and they don't move her Lawn and Garden.

[quote name='180husher']I just got a bunch of sets price adjusted at Target as their clearance prices dropped to 75% off...I got the MTT lowered to $25, Y-wing to $10, and Mars Claw Tank to $7.50. Very good way to start the day. Now I'm just waiting for a $13 Imperial Shuttle.[/quote]

Congrats! Would you please post the Target DCPI numbers for each of these?

[quote name='Tybee']Do people actually like this set, or are they just excited for all of those brown pieces?[/quote]

New brown pieces, 1,000+ pieces and something like 24 little driod guys.

It's a nicely designed set, but I hate Star Wars sets.

I managed to pick up the skull castle set for $12.50. I'll either save it for my son for Christmas, or see what the going rate is in a few months. Normally I'd build it myself, but I'm not a huge fan of set pieces with a lot of separate components.

They also had two of the $50 Mars Mission sets for the same rate (my son already built this one), but no other sets at the 75% mark.

Here you go Donut:

MTT #7662 = 204-00-0784
Mars Claw Tank #7697 = 204-00-0680
Y-wing #7658 = 204-00-0772

I'll tell you an easier way to check though. Go to toysrus.com and get the UPC number(s) for the Lego set(s) you want to price check. Then use the barcode generator which is linked in the first post of the Target Clearance thread. I printed out a sheet of UPC's to check at every Target I could stop at. If it was on clearance at my store but sold out, I would buy the set at a different store. Then I would keep checking the prices at my store to see when they dropped to 75% off (even though they didn't have them in stock, they continued to mark them down). Then just return and rebuy. At worst, they won't let you rebuy them immediately and will restock them before you can pick them up again. It's kind of a crap shoot sometimes but 75% off Legos which usually never go on sale is too good to pass up. And Targets return period is 90 days so if you impulse buy a lot of clearance stuff like I do, you've got plenty of time to come to your senses! Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't want this thread to die, so I'll just add that Target (and to some extent Amazon) have the new Clone Wars lego sets on sale this week for around $5 to $10 bucks off. Not an amazing deal ... but it bumps the topic.

Good to know etcrane.

I can't really get into the clone war ones, but I can certainly see the appeal of them (especially with all the troopers), I wish they'd come out with more reasonably priced (well, as reasonable as LEGO are, as in not the $400 death star) original trilogy sets.

Well the Clone War sets came out because of the terrible looking movie. LEGO is running out of ideas for the OT through.

Ya, I kinda missed the OT boat, but I agree the movie looks pretty bad and the toys aren't helping the cause much.

I swear with a lot of these they try to put as many bricks on it as possible just to pump up the price.

[quote name='lordwow']
I swear with a lot of these they try to put as many bricks on it as possible just to pump up the price.[/quote]

I think they do too. I used to like the Star Wars line in 1999-2001 range. The sets were nicely priced and everything. The X-Wing was $30, Fett's ship was $20, then they redid them and they became $50-$60 sets. That's just too much. My mom found me the first walker ship from the Clone Wars for $35 on sale (Regular price $70), the new one is $90. They know that Star Wars fans will pay whatever insane price they make the sets so LEGO raises the price. Plus they also need to pay for the Star Wars name which must be a lot.

[quote name='Tybee']Do people actually like this set, or are they just excited for all of those brown pieces?[/QUOTE]

I just want a shitload of those little droids. Plus if you compare the lego model to the movie one, they're impressively close to one another. I dunno, I pretty much hated Episode I but I really liked the designs of the droid army.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I think they do too. I used to like the Star Wars line in 1999-2001 range. The sets were nicely priced and everything. The X-Wing was $30, Fett's ship was $20, then they redid them and they became $50-$60 sets. That's just too much. My mom found me the first walker ship from the Clone Wars for $35 on sale (Regular price $70), the new one is $90. They know that Star Wars fans will pay whatever insane price they make the sets so LEGO raises the price. Plus they also need to pay for the Star Wars name which must be a lot.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I don't even mind paying $30 for an X-wing or whatever. But for $50 I have to really want a set, and for $70 I have to be like madly in love with it. I won't go much higher than anything.

[quote name='n64ra']Anybody gotten any of the new Batman LEGOs? I'll looking for them.[/quote]

For some reason I just can't get into them. All I really want is a Batman and penguin Mini-fig. But not really worth the price. I might wait and get one from bricklink.

I can get into the IJ ones, as I scored on a B2G1, sale, the last Fred Meyer sale on lego was 20%, good deal, but not enough for batman for me. Maybe another B1G1 like I used to score the Speed Racer sets.

You can't find the new Batman sets? Weird. I saw them 2-3 weeks ago at K-Mart and K-Mart LEGOs suck. Then yesterday my mom saw them at Walmart in the clearance section and they weren't on sale (That's Walmart for you).

[quote name='lordwow']Also, does anyone know why they don't do The Dark Knight/Batman Begins LEGO, do they not have the rights to those?[/quote]

They do have the rights, I think. They have the rights to the 60s TV show and TV cartoons, the comic books. The movies I can't remember. It's either they have the rights to the first 4 Batman movies (1989-1996) and not the new ones or vis versa. However it doesn't matter. LEGO just likes making ships and vehicles because they sell best, that's why with Star Wars they keep redoing the same ships over. Plus they can still make things from the parts of the license they don't have. They made a Batmobile that looks like the one from Batman Returns and the Bat Tank Mobile from the newer movies. There aren't enough vehicles from the new movie, and not enough bad guys.

[quote name='lordwow']Also, does anyone know why they don't do The Dark Knight/Batman Begins LEGO, do they not have the rights to those?[/quote]

Probably so... owned by DC more, plus, what would they make? A joker bus with money?

I guess they could do the bike... or a semi or maybe a police van with guys....

I hardly see the older sets.... wonder if they are ditching them...

oh and I wish they would buff up the Creator series.... Some of my favorites sets....

Good points all around guys. I guess I would have preferred to buy TDK ones (kinda like I bought all the classic Indy ones, but not the new ones). But I can see that they prefer the more kidish ones and the vehicles and gadgets and whatnot.

Does anyone know what the non-ebay going rate of the Lego Star Wars AT-AT set 4483? I have two that I am interested in parting with. One is sealed, the other is complete but no box. Anyone interested in these, please PM me.

Last Friday was my birthday. Check out what I got from the Mrs.:

10185-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

[quote name='Tybee']Last Friday was my birthday. Check out what I got from the Mrs.:

10185-0000-xx-12-1.jpg
[/quote]

Let's go to Utah, I want her as my wife too. :)

[quote name='Tybee']Last Friday was my birthday. Check out what I got from the Mrs.:
[/quote]

Happy Birthday. I have the same set, it one of their best if your into the Modular sets. Love the mouse and cat "minifigs". Happy building (and/or MOC)

I got the Eifel tower for Father's day. Hopefully soon I'll build it, now where to display it is the tough part.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Let's go to Utah, I want her as my wife too. :)[/quote]

It doesn't work that way - it's multiple women per man, not multiple men per woman :p

Tybee as in Tybee Island, GA? I just came back from vacationing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back