LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my IJ Peril in Peru set yesterday and put it together right away. Its awesome. Even after the nearly $10 extra in shipping and taxes (total of $60 for it) I felt like it was well worth it. I'm such a sucker for any kind of Lego planes and this one is pretty sweet. Retractable landing gear, turbo-prop engines (there's a nice artistic detailing in them), and a huge wingspan are all definite pluses. The only downside to the set is a couple things regarding the plane; namely the lack of a rear wheel landing gear, a sparse interior, and the fact that the main body is composed of clear pieces with a sticker. I'm thinking these drawback could easily be fixed with a few modifications though.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I got my IJ Peril in Peru set yesterday and put it together right away. Its awesome. Even after the nearly $10 extra in shipping and taxes (total of $60 for it) I felt like it was well worth it. I'm such a sucker for any kind of Lego planes and this one is pretty sweet. Retractable landing gear, turbo-prop engines (there's a nice artistic detailing in them), and a huge wingspan are all definite pluses. The only downside to the set is a couple things regarding the plane; namely the lack of a rear wheel landing gear, a sparse interior, and the fact that the main body is composed of clear pieces with a sticker. I'm thinking these drawback could easily be fixed with a few modifications though.[/quote]

Do it, post pics, before and after! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Here's a cool mod for the Medieval Market Square.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2009/01/28/filling-in-the-gaps-of-medieval-market/

3234771610_2c3395a3e7.jpg

I do wish Lego included baseplates with some of their sets. The King's Castle Siege could certainly use that 15" square grey baseplate, but I guess that would add to the cost of the set.

^

1. Buy the Castle Set.
2. Build the set.
3. Find/buy a baseplate.
4. Add plates to the baseplate in any order you like.
5. Stick the set on the base.
6. On top of plates add different color 2x2 and 1x1 round plates.

That was hard. :lol:

I wonder if Lego has these window pieces because I'd like to expand this greatly.... seems like that could be something that could be difficult to replicate... unique windows and doors.

[quote name='xycury']I wonder if Lego has these window pieces because I'd like to expand this greatly.... seems like that could be something that could be difficult to replicate... unique windows and doors.[/quote]

What window pieces are you talking about? :lol:

And if it makes you mad that LEGO didn't release the Good Wizard, and the Castle Advent Calendar (1600 don't count), then you will even happier to know that in Europe they have three more sets we don't have. One is just tires, the other roof pieces, but the third is the new style of windows and doors. The European assholes (everyone on Eurobricks) complain that their stuff cost too much, and that the USA always gets things first (which isn't true), but they don't understand they get sets we don't! They can wait 3 weeks for the new sets to show up there, we will never get some sets that they have!

[quote name='bigdaddy']What window pieces are you talking about? :lol:

And if it makes you mad that LEGO didn't release the Good Wizard, and the Castle Advent Calendar (1600 don't count), then you will even happier to know that in Europe they have three more sets we don't have. One is just tires, the other roof pieces, but the third is the new style of windows and doors. The European assholes (everyone on Eurobricks) complain that their stuff cost too much, and that the USA always gets things first (which isn't true), but they don't understand they get sets we don't! They can wait 3 weeks for the new sets to show up there, we will never get some sets that they have![/quote]

my mind just asploded.... gah damnit Lego... :cry:

LEGO finally fixed the layout of the "Find a Store" section.

This doesn't seem fair... :)
One day each month, children ages 6 to 12 are invited to come to the LEGO Store and learn how to build a special LEGO model - then take that model home, for free! Check with your local Store for date and time - dates vary by country.
They also have what is going on at each store for the month, which is nice, and it's finally up to date.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I know a triple post but this is insane...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3245133&cp=2274247

That's the Farm set, I was thinking with the new pricing it would be $70, then the TRU increased to maybe $75.... but $90! Is LEGO trying to screw over Farm sets so when no one buys them they can go "See? Now we need a new Police Station, other things don't sell well".[/QUOTE]

Maybe TRU realized "Hey, we are the only place around that is selling this. Might as well make some more money from these." and jacked up the price until other places get them. Lets hope. I was looking forward to the farm set but $90 kills my interest.

I'm surprised it has 601 pieces. Frankly I think the set is rather meh. The Barn doesn't have walls, the cow place is blah, the tower thing is useless, and the tractor is just the regular tractor in blue. I was hoping for better from the first farm.

And $90 for a set with three minifigures, and two cows for $90, or a set with 1600 pieces, eight minifigures and two bulls for $100... hard choice.... :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'm surprised it has 601 pieces. Frankly I think the set is rather meh. The Barn doesn't have walls, the cow place is blah, the tower thing is useless, and the tractor is just the regular tractor in blue. I was hoping for better from the first farm.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many of the pieces are just yellow bricks for the hay and little pieces for the grain.

Yeah ... farm set is a big pass ... I'm still wondering when we'll see the follow up to Green Grocer. I'm only excited about the super complex sets these days ... well, and maybe Space Police since that's just taking it back to the old school with the nostalgia factor ...

[quote name='etcrane']Yeah ... farm set is a big pass ... I'm still wondering when we'll see the follow up to Green Grocer. [/quote]

I'm guessing exactly two weeks for pictures and that it will come out in May-June.

[quote name='xycury']IJ is not my thing but the Temple of Doom set is awesome... think that'll be $100?
[/quote]

It won't be more than $90.

I would say $70, but with the pricing this year it could be $120.

Man ... that Temple of Doom set is awesome ... I'm all about collecting the classic Indy stuff ... not so much into the Crystal Skull stuff ... but those other sets are definitely day 1 purchases (assuming I can scrounge up the cash)

Has anybody seen Lego Brick Grab Bags at their Lego store? They're white ziploc bags with a bunch of pieces in them for $8. I picked up the last two at my local store. They're better than the pick a brick wall because you get a lot of pieces you wouldn't find on the wall. For example I got 1 minifig head and 17, yes 17 minifig black torsos. No pants or hats though so I don't know what I"m going to do with them. I ended up with about 800 pieces for $16, so I'm pretty happy. I'll see if I can post a picture later.

edit: found a link to the bag on amazon, can't post the pic for some reason:

http://www.amazon.com/Lego-Building-Accessories-LEGO-BRICK/dp/B001AHFS6S

ref=dp_image_0

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='encendido5']Has anybody seen Lego Brick Grab Bags at their Lego store? They're white ziploc bags with a bunch of pieces in them for $8. I picked up the last two at my local store. They're better than the pick a brick wall because you get a lot of pieces you wouldn't find on the wall. For example I got 1 minifig head and 17, yes 17 minifig black torsos. No pants or hats though so I don't know what I"m going to do with them. I ended up with about 800 pieces for $16, so I'm pretty happy. I'll see if I can post a picture later.[/quote]

Yes I have seen them, and bought one. It's the used pieces from when the stores makes a display. Sometimes there will even be a little glue on them. Mine didn't have anything that good besides about 100 1x4 blue Technic bricks, and the last 3-4 times I haven't seen them.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yes I have seen them, and bought one. It's the used pieces from when the stores makes a display. Sometimes there will even be a little glue on them. Mine didn't have anything that good besides about 100 1x4 blue Technic bricks, and the last 3-4 times I haven't seen them.[/quote]

I see... yeah, I got about 250 red 1x1 bricks and about 125 brown 2x4 plates. The others were all random but I think they could've been from the Agents truck.

you guys suck with a lego store close to you... I'd be so much more poor-er with one close to me :p

I think the two closest is at least a 3 hour drive in either direction... and the wife still is not conviced that going to a lego store is worth the drive... I keep telling her it IS!

Well I don't just go to a LEGO Store, I do other stuff in the area first, plus I go once a year, maybe twice a year. The Natick Mall one is really crappy, they sell too much so nothing special is ever there, however the people are really nice. So I don't get little sales and cool bags anymore. I need to try the South End one, if I can figure out the crazy ass highway.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Well I don't just go to a LEGO Store, I do other stuff in the area first, plus I go once a year, maybe twice a year. The Natick Mall one is really crappy, they sell too much so nothing special is ever there, however the people are really nice. So I don't get little sales and cool bags anymore. I need to try the South End one, if I can figure out the crazy ass highway.[/quote]

That's funny because the Natick mall is the one I went to. I was surprised to find the X-Wing 6212 set in stock, so I bought one :D It saves me from paying shipping online.

[quote name='encendido5']That's funny because the Natick mall is the one I went to. I was surprised to find the X-Wing 6212 set in stock, so I bought one :D It saves me from paying shipping online.[/quote]

Even if the x-wing wasn't at the store, if it's available online you can buy it through the store and the web store will ship it to your house for free. I bought some of the website clearance sets using this method. Speaking of which, they reduced some prices on the website clearance page...collector's tie fighter 50% off, some speed racer set too and maybe a few others. My store is an hour away so we only go a couple of times a year when the wife wants to go to Ikea. Those random bags are hit or miss for me...you can see the some of the pieces through the bag so you can get an idea of what you are getting, it just seems that most times its full of "useless" technics pieces.

I also have legos for sale if ur interested

send me a message

I will have to find them to see where they are at. I know i have some star wars sets left. Everything is included w/ boxes

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xycury']That's from a Lego Brick Bag?[/quote]

Yeah, 2 of those grab bags.

180husher, you can open the bags before you buy them to get a better look since they're just ziploc bags. I didn't realize that till I got home though.

[quote name='bigdaddy']That's a hell of a lot better than any bag I have ever seen.

This is interesting...

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25366&pid=439540&st=0&#entry439540

And more interesting the games will only be made for England and Germany! Yeah that makes sense! Germany and the USA are the biggest LEGO buyers, but why bother releasing it to the USA when you can to England instead! Stupid LEGO company.[/quote]
This was on the first page, but this mentioning of a lego game reminded me of Brickquest.

[quote name='Uberslaughter']Don't know if this has been posted but Lego is having a sale:

Darth Vader's TIE Fighter Advanced for ~$50 (normally $100)
General Greivous for ~$50 (normally $100)
Imperial AT-ST for ~$45 (normally like $90)

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1166899[/quote]

The Imperial AT-ST is actually $50, and the Tiny Turbos dropped in price to $2.50. Also the Speed Racer set with the red truck and yellow car is now $20, it used to be on sale for $28. If I had the money I'd buy it, four minigifures and a lot of the new slope pieces in yellow is nice. I wish more of the Speed Racer sets went on sale. They were released, the movie bombed and about a month later they were gone. I think I saw the sets in one Target once, it's amazed how fast those were forgotten about.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The Imperial AT-ST is actually $50, and the Tiny Turbos dropped in price to $2.50. Also the Speed Racer set with the red truck and yellow car is now $20, it used to be on sale for $28. If I had the money I'd buy it, four minigifures and a lot of the new slope pieces in yellow is nice. I wish more of the Speed Racer sets went on sale. They were released, the movie bombed and about a month later they were gone. I think I saw the sets in one Target once, it's amazed how fast those were forgotten about.[/quote]

Is the Tie fighter worth 50?

it'll be 51.94 with the code off, and it has 1212 elements... don't know if that's alot of 1x1 :p

But for grey brick assortment, I thought it might be... would like it go down to 40 personally....

[quote name='xycury']Is the Tie fighter worth 50?

it'll be 51.94 with the code off, and it has 1212 elements... don't know if that's alot of 1x1 :p

But for grey brick assortment, I thought it might be... would like it go down to 40 personally....[/quote]

The codes never work for me online, and I hate calling the LEGO people, plus in Mass we have tax, so it would be even more for me, so it's hard to say.

However 1200 pieces for $50 seems good, I don't like Star Wars at all through. I know 180hunter wanted a TIE, but not sure if he wants the minifigure scale or not.

http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/10175-1?withpics=yes

It comes with six "phones" and a ton of hinge pieces and plates, including 16 of those big grill plates. There doesn't seem to be that many tiny pieces, I say less than 200-250, so that's still 1000 useful pieces to some people.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Also the Speed Racer set with the red truck and yellow car is now $20, it used to be on sale for $28. If I had the money I'd buy it, four minigifures and a lot of the new slope pieces in yellow is nice. I wish more of the Speed Racer sets went on sale. They were released, the movie bombed and about a month later they were gone. I think I saw the sets in one Target once, it's amazed how fast those were forgotten about.[/QUOTE]

FYI, I found that Speed Racer set at T.J. Maxx recently. They're selling it for $15. Good deal for that price. The car isn't all that great, but I love the truck. The truck's trailer is total trash if built as designed (it's an open-air office on the back of the truck... yeah, weird). However, you can easily build it to be a decent flatbed trailer, which works much better.

Damn... Amazon cancelled my order for the Skeleton's Tower. I was getting it for $40 too. Now I can't find it anywhere for less than $60.

[quote name='encendido5']Damn... Amazon cancelled my order for the Skeleton's Tower. I was getting it for $40 too. Now I can't find it anywhere for less than $60.[/quote]

wow.. 40 would be good.... where is it for 60 because I actually wouldn't mind paying that to grab it, since I never seen this set... :(

side question... if you guys were looking for bricks... where have you been shopping at???

Loose bricks... besides Lego's own Pic-a-Brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back