LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only the kid sets have numbered bags, the adult sets do not.

I for one like the numbered bags, more so when you have so many pieces.

Eurobricks has a TINY picture of a special limited edition set, has about 400 pieces and will most likely be $50 (Just a guess all special sets seem to be $50). it looks like it's Squidman's base, which is a great idea. The badguys, and the police, need bases.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22997&st=1110&gopid=469891&#entry469891

Amazon...
Lego Volkswagen Beetle $92

LEGO Racers: Grand Prix $41

LEGO EXO-FORCE Aero Booster $19

Vader's TIE Advanced $70

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FadeToOne']LEGO got lazy and didn't number the bags or anything, so it was a giant brick search fest.[/quote]
[quote name='bigdaddy']Only the kid sets have numbered bags, the adult sets do not.

I for one like the numbered bags, more so when you have so many pieces.[/quote]
In my day NONE of the sets had numbered bags. And you were lucky if your dog didn't eat one or two of the unique pieces when you left the set sitting around. Damn lazy kids and your easier to read instructions.

When I was a kid I walked to and from school in the snow up a hill both ways! :lol:

They just changed over the the great numbered bags about 5-6 years ago.

Snagged Peril in Peru tonight ... $10 off using my Loyalty card and I got 3 extra stamps (plus the 2 for the actual purchase) to boot plus a free Powerminer keychain. Also, saw some new (at least to me) Lego magnets ... they had a sweet set of Boba Fett, Emperor's Guard and Slave Bikini Leia for $14.95 ... pricey but I'm a sucker for Boba Fett & the Imperial Guards and I like the recent magnet sets because you're actually getting a removable figure.

Looks like I'll be holding until April 15th for my next full price LEGO purchase ... the Emerald Night ... that thing looks sweet. Otherwise, I'm still crossing my fingers that more of the older Clone Wars stuff and IJ stuff goes on clearance at other Walmarts & at Target.

BTW ... guess who wants to buy this awesome Agents mech ... http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25764

[quote name='bigdaddy']Only the kid sets have numbered bags, the adult sets do not.

I for one like the numbered bags, more so when you have so many pieces.[/quote]

Tell that to the corner cafe and green grocer. While they were only divided into the 3 modules, they were still numbered, and they are far more adult than the medieval market.

But yeah, I guess you can at least look at it like a pretty big puzzle if they aren't numbered. They weren't numbered in my day either, but I've gotten used to the convenience.

Now, has anyone figured out if they Emerald Night actually runs on a track out of the box, or do you have to buy your own motor, etc?

I for one like the numbered bags, more so when you have so many pieces.[/QUOTE]

I can't stand the numbered bags!

I built 3 sets with my kids over the last month and NOT ONE had all the pieces in the correct numbered bags. In every case there was at least one or two pieces that showed up in say bag #4 instead of bag #1.

Each time this happened I TORE APART the room I was building in looking for that one elusive piece when building "whatever" from bag #1.

Finally, by the 3rd kit I caught on and stopped worrying about it, and in every case the orphan piece turned up in a later bag.

If you are going to put numbers on the bags you better put the right blocks in em otherwise why bother. Plus a larger lego kit used to be good for a full day distraction, separating out all the parts etc. Now when you dump it out it just seems like a rush to the finish line.

On a side note...
After 36 years I finally opened a lego kit that was missing a piece. The lack of a lower jaw has really taken the bite out of one of our sharks and rocked my perception of the clockwork like Lego fullfillmant machine... Luckily my son proved the bigger man and now we have a "Grandpa Shark".

[quote name='FadeToOne']Tell that to the corner cafe and green grocer. While they were only divided into the 3 modules, they were still numbered, and they are far more adult than the medieval market.

Now, has anyone figured out if they Emerald Night actually runs on a track out of the box, or do you have to buy your own motor, etc?[/quote]

I never knew that, then yeah the market should have numbered bags too.

If you don't like numbered bags then just rip them all open, it's not that hard. I like them and rather have them. I have never had a single issue with the piece being in a wrong bag, some bags aren't numbered and need to be opened first.

Emerald Night does not have a motor in it, you will have to buy that separately when the new train motor comes out. It's why I think Emerald Night is a terrible set.

Plus you can email LEGO and they will send you the replace part if your set is missing a piece. I used it a lot of the time a few years ago because my pieces would be screwed up, or broken.

[quote name='lordwow']I build sets the way they used to be. I rip open all the bags pour them in a big pile and then organize by color.[/quote]

What do you do with something like the Eiffel Tower or the Statue of Liberty? :)

Suffer like a man.

I made my 3rd ever clearance Lego purchase a few days ago. A semi-local WM had the Coast Guard helicopter for $15. I'm only halfway done with it but aside from too many stickers, I really like it.

[quote name='encendido5']What do you do with something like the Eiffel Tower or the Statue of Liberty? :)[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I've never built a set like that :lol:

I'd probably sort by piece type (brick, tile, etc)

Number bags on sets, haha, yeah, I've seen those.

It took me 24hours just to seperate the 5000 piece Millennium Falcon. Had to seperate them not only by color but also by piece (ie, 2x2 flats, 2x2 thicks, etc.). Had to put all the pieces on two full tables, one ping pong table and one pool table. Now I have to find a spot for it. Doesn't really fit anywhere. Was much more of a pain than the Imperial Star Destroyer was.

[quote name='Halo05']Suffer like a man.

I made my 3rd ever clearance Lego purchase a few days ago. A semi-local WM had the Coast Guard helicopter for $15. I'm only halfway done with it but aside from too many stickers, I really like it.[/quote]

I love that set, I got it for $30 and it's a fun "little" set. Just ignore most of the stickers besides the ones that go on the big back piece. I only stuck two on so it would continue the blue and orange color strip from the bricks to the big huge white area. :)

[quote name='jchasse']I can't stand the numbered bags!

I built 3 sets with my kids over the last month and NOT ONE had all the pieces in the correct numbered bags. In every case there was at least one or two pieces that showed up in say bag #4 instead of bag #1.

On a side note...
After 36 years I finally opened a lego kit that was missing a piece. The lack of a lower jaw has really taken the bite out of one of our sharks and rocked my perception of the clockwork like Lego fullfillmant machine... Luckily my son proved the bigger man and now we have a "Grandpa Shark".[/quote]

They will often have a "community" bag that isn't numbered but has several special or large pieces that they don't put into the numbered bags.

Check your instructions...they will tell you how to order a replacement piece no charge and no shipping from the web!

I've had two sets with a piece missing each...but not sure that the kids or animals didn't lose it before I needed it though.

Midevil Market was delivered today in a box that could have fit three sets in it and was packed with, and I kid you not, 30 feet of those air filled packing "pillows"...glad it was free shipping.

[quote name='chex20']Number bags on sets, haha, yeah, I've seen those.

It took me 24hours just to seperate the 5000 piece Millennium Falcon. Had to seperate them not only by color but also by piece (ie, 2x2 flats, 2x2 thicks, etc.). Had to put all the pieces on two full tables, one ping pong table and one pool table. Now I have to find a spot for it. Doesn't really fit anywhere. Was much more of a pain than the Imperial Star Destroyer was.[/quote]

lol, sounds like you really suffered to get that Millennium Falcon built. :)

I find the numbered bags kinda like 'cheating' though I am guilty of it.

In my day NONE of the sets had numbered bags. And you were lucky if your dog didn't eat one or two of the unique pieces when you left the set sitting around. Damn lazy kids and your easier to read instructions.

Bad dog - that's what I remember as a kid!

Found my TRU deal. 7041 Troll Battle Wheel is on clearance for $29.98 B&M and online (down from $39.99 - was recently $27.98 on LS@H, but is now OOS). If the clerk tells you it doesn't qualify for the free Lego tub because it isn't $30 or more, just have them ring it up. The computer system still reads it as qualifying for the free tub deal.

So anyway, Troll Battle Wheel + 221 pc. tub for $29.99 + tax. Pretty decent, imho.

[quote name='180husher']They will often have a "community" bag that isn't numbered but has several special or large pieces that they don't put into the numbered bags.

Check your instructions...they will tell you how to order a replacement piece no charge and no shipping from the web!

I've had two sets with a piece missing each...but not sure that the kids or animals didn't lose it before I needed it though.

Midevil Market was delivered today in a box that could have fit three sets in it and was packed with, and I kid you not, 30 feet of those air filled packing "pillows"...glad it was free shipping.[/quote]

Where did you get free shipping? I haven't seen that recently.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Where did you get free shipping? I haven't seen that recently.[/quote]

If a set is in stock on the website but not the Lego store you are at, you order online at the store and they override the shipping charges. Since Medevil Market was backordered, it wasn't considered out of stock and I got free shipping from the website while at the Lego store last month.

[quote name='180husher']Today only - $10 off any $30 purchase online only for TRU:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218822

Shipping on tru online is almost always outrageous to say the least but maybe useful to somebody.[/quote]

I tried to find some way to use this and then get the free tub but TRU prices suck. They really gouge you. The only thing I found
at normal price was the Front End Loader for $12.99.

[quote name='180husher']If a set is in stock on the website but not the Lego store you are at, you order online at the store and they override the shipping charges. Since Medevil Market was backordered, it wasn't considered out of stock and I got free shipping from the website while at the Lego store last month.[/quote]

Ah ha, another lego store perk... sigh...

Picked up the City Forklift & Truck set (only 26.99 which is $2 over the lego store) and a random power miners set to hit $31 on TRU online. Used the $10 off coupon from twitter and hopefully I'll get the free tub to boot as well.

Edit - No dice on the tub, ToysRUs can suck it ... I might even return this order to the store once it comes in. I love how their promotions basically eliminate one another ... the $10 off drops the price below 30 before tax and shipping, so they calculate it as not being 30 on Legos even though my total was 31 and change ... fuckers

[quote name='etcrane']Picked up the City Forklift & Truck set (only 26.99 which is $2 over the lego store) and a random power miners set to hit $31 on TRU online. Used the $10 off coupon from twitter and hopefully I'll get the free tub to boot as well.

Edit - No dice on the tub, ToysRUs can suck it ... I might even return this order to the store once it comes in. I love how their promotions basically eliminate one another ... the $10 off drops the price below 30 before tax and shipping, so they calculate it as not being 30 on Legos even though my total was 31 and change ... fuckers[/quote]

Well, in fairness, I don't know of any store that counts shipping and tax as part of the purchase price, for promotions or otherwise.

True, but unfortunately with their shipping fees, TRU online negates almost all of the savings from any of their discounts, so an added bonus is the only thing that makes purchasing from them worthwhile. I didn't feel like spending $75 via paypal to save a second $10, and their website was very vague regarding the $30 purchase. Had it noted "before tax and shipping" that would have been more clear, but the tub is a bit meh anyway. I was just hoping to sell the tub and powerminers set so I could get the truck and forklift set at a better price ... now I'm not sure it's worth the small savings to keep either one.

The only good thing about TRU are the B2G1 or B1G1 50% off deals. Hopefully another of those is coming... don't they usually have an Easter one?

[quote name='FadeToOne']The only good thing about TRU are the B2G1 or B1G1 50% off deals. Hopefully another of those is coming... don't they usually have an Easter one?[/quote]

Yep. They should have at least a BOGO50% off sale coming up sometime soon.

A Walmart I was at had the new Impulse sets for the everyday low price of $3.96.

Hmm I'm not sure a $1 worth of savings is going to get me out to Target on a Friday night, but the effort is, as always, appreciated in posting the discount.

[quote name='postureking']Does anyone know if Lego still has the Harry Potter license? If so, any plans for sets being released with the new movie?[/quote]

I think they have the license because they have the game coming out sometime.

However no new sets, they sell horribly bad.

And yes $1 is nothing, but it's been so slow I figured I'd post it anyways.

Just another heads up if you live near a LEGO store, starting April 1st with the current coupon on the April LEGO calendar if you spend $50 you'll received a free Fireman minifig and accessories (I think it's the impulse set).

Deals have been kind of slow lately, fingers crossed that something interesting pops up regarding TRU in April or we start seeing some clearance items (come on Target, drop those older Clone Wars sets)

[quote name='bigdaddy']I think they have the license because they have the game coming out sometime.

However no new sets, they sell horribly bad.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting because the older sets now fetch a premium in the secondary market. I wish I had bought some back when they were pumping out more sets.

Couple sales in today's ads:

Target - $10 Pirate and Power Miners sets on sale for $8

Toys 'R Us - 25% off several Star Wars and Spongebob sets

Nothing all that impressive, but might be worth something to a person who needs to get a kid an Easter gift this week.

[quote name='life.exe']April 5-11th at Toys R Us its Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off on all Lego Sets.[/quote]

It seems that the B2G1 free is done for the most part. However I rather have this because I don't have a lot of money to spend anyways. :)

[quote name='180husher']I'd rather have the B2G1 as it comes out to 33% off rather than the B1G1 50% off as it comes out to 25% off.[/quote]

exactly.

I thought business was slow overall so shouldn't B2G1 free type incentives be needed? :)

[quote name='180husher']I'd rather have the B2G1 as it comes out to 33% off rather than the B1G1 50% off as it comes out to 25% off.[/QUOTE]

But B2G1 is most effective when you get 3 of the same prices. Getting 3 is obviously harder than getting 2.

This will be pretty tempting.

[quote name='180husher']I'd rather have the B2G1 as it comes out to 33% off rather than the B1G1 50% off as it comes out to 25% off.[/quote]

But then you have to spend more and find more sets that are the same price, which is impossible at TRU.

I rather have BOGO because all I want is the $6 Pirate set.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Couple sales in today's ads:

Target - $10 Pirate and Power Miners sets on sale for $8[/quote]

I don't know...reading the ad, it says that the Power Miners and Pirates series is what's on sale, not just the two small sets pictured...I'm sure that they mean just the small ones, but it is very easily interpreted as any set in those two series. Any else read it that way?

[quote name='brazilian812']I don't know...reading the ad, it says that the Power Miners and Pirates series is what's on sale, not just the two small sets pictured...I'm sure that they mean just the small ones, but it is very easily interpreted as any set in those two series. Any else read it that way?[/quote]

I was at Target today. It's not the series, it looked like all $10 sets are now $8. Aside from the pirates/power miners sets, I saw the new city minifigure collection, the coast guard truck and boat, and the agents boat thing. The sale items were on an endcap several rows down from the Lego section.

I'm going to finally get the Pirate's Soldier Fort in the B1G1 50% off... wonder what else they will have that I want.

[quote name='brazilian812']I don't know...reading the ad, it says that the Power Miners and Pirates series is what's on sale, not just the two small sets pictured...I'm sure that they mean just the small ones, but it is very easily interpreted as any set in those two series. Any else read it that way?[/QUOTE]

You'd have to find a dumber-than-ordinary Wal-Mart employee to buy that argument.

To be fair not all Walmart workers are dumb, the work and company just drains the life out of you to the point you rather be dead.

I worked at McDonald's, it had the same effect. None of us were stupid, we just didn't give a fuck if the food was old dirty burnt shit. :lol:

LEGO has added the new Train stuff, comes out now or soon...

Let's just say LEGO Trains are dead!

IT COST $220 FOR A 1,000 PIECE TRAIN TO RUN!!!

IT DOESN'T EVEN INCLUDE TRACK TO RUN IT ON!!!

Would I rather have a 550 piece train, that comes with track, for $80-$90, or a $220 1,000 piece train that isn't even complete? Hard choice LEGO. When LEGO came out with RC and ditched 9v the point was because 9v was expensive, but this new system is worst than anything!

[quote name='bigdaddy']

IT COST $220 FOR A 1,000 PIECE TRAIN TO RUN!!!

IT DOESN'T EVEN INCLUDE TRACK TO RUN IT ON!!![/quote]

Yes it does. 64 pieces of flexible track, according to the catalog.

Dunno, I might have to save up for that $220 set ... I've never had a functional Lego train so this would be a first, but I'm really digging the look ... if not the cost. I can justify a functional train over a Death Star, Millenium Falcon or Clone Trooper Drop ship.

You could have bought a 9V engine or 10, a ton of track, and the speed controller for less than $200. I got my first train for $63 shipped, and then last year spent $100 to get another engine, and a lot of track along with several half price sets. This is just insane of LEGO.

64 flex tracks would do NOTHING. Each one is about an 8th of a track so you don't get enough to do anything at all. The now $90 RC train gives you a full oval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back