LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ad says all Legos on sale, but it doesn't specify how much. It then shows a bunch of sets like the Bulldozer, Pirate ship, Jungle Cutter, V-19 Torrent, and a bunch of Bionicle and says "30% off these hot Lego sets". It does not say 30% off of all Lego sets unfortunately. I bet these "hot sets" are just to get you in the store for the whopping 10% off the sets you probably really want.

[quote name='180husher']The ad says all Legos on sale, but it doesn't specify how much. It then shows a bunch of sets like the Bulldozer, Pirate ship, Jungle Cutter, V-19 Torrent, and a bunch of Bionicle and says "30% off these hot Lego sets". It does not say 30% off of all Lego sets unfortunately. I bet these "hot sets" are just to get you in the store for the whopping 10% off the sets you probably really want.[/QUOTE]

BAsed on the website prices today I would say you're right.
No Medieval Village for me this week.

[quote name='TWolf10']BAsed on the website prices today I would say you're right.
No Medieval Village for me this week.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I guessed right. The website has most sets just discounted 10%...which ironically makes them almost priced what they should be to begin with!

I'm pretty sure the bottom is made from big pieces, but is the $100 set just one large piece? I think it's the same as the new hugely expensive ship. No one really is against big pieces when needed, like on boats. The new gas tanker has big pieces for the tanker, but it works for the tanker. Big pieces suck when they are on the new fire helicopter and make the set look like it's done by Playmobile.

It wouldn't make sense for TRU to have most LEGO 30% off a week after they had a B2G1 free sale.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'm pretty sure the bottom is made from big pieces, but is the $100 set just one large piece? I think it's the same as the new hugely expensive ship. No one really is against big pieces when needed, like on boats. The new gas tanker has big pieces for the tanker, but it works for the tanker. Big pieces suck when they are on the new fire helicopter and make the set look like it's done by Playmobile.

It wouldn't make sense for TRU to have most LEGO 30% off a week after they had a B2G1 free sale.[/QUOTE]

*goes to look at mine* It has 4... bow, stern, and 2 span pieces.

And dear god at that new imperial ship... DO WANT. So much for no new pirates in 2010.

[quote name='FadeToOne']
And dear god at that new imperial ship... DO WANT. So much for no new pirates in 2010.[/QUOTE]

I think it further proves we will be getting shit PotC sets in 2011. LEGO said no new Pirates in 2010, then releases a set that is like the Castle Marketplace in pirate form. I htink LEGO was planning a second release for next summer and it was shelved when they got a bunch of license garbage.

I have the ad in hand now--it says "30% off These Hot Sets" with a few sets from each series represented, but doesn't say how much the rest of the Lego sets are. I'll try and stop by later this week and check it out. I'd get the City Bulldozer myself, if they have it in stock.

[quote name='gunm']I have the ad in hand now--it says "30% off These Hot Sets" with a few sets from each series represented, but doesn't say how much the rest of the Lego sets are. I'll try and stop by later this week and check it out. I'd get the City Bulldozer myself, if they have it in stock.[/QUOTE]

We already had this conversation, most of the sets are 10% off which might make them normal price.

However the online store has the Farm for 30% off, it's now $63 which is still more than what it should be.

[quote name='180husher']Kmart is running 50% off of toys on clearance! Hoping they still didn't sticker those Lego sets correctly![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Managed to picked up a second Tower Raid for $12.00 and the smaller Pink Brick bucket for $6.00

[quote name='bigdaddy']We already had this conversation, most of the sets are 10% off which might make them normal price.

However the online store has the Farm for 30% off, it's now $63 which is still more than what it should be.[/QUOTE]

Went to TRU yesterday, everything not shown as 30% off was 15% off. And none of the sets listed in the ad were signed 30%. Not to say they don't ring up that way, but there was no signage.

[quote name='180husher']Kmart is running 50% off of toys on clearance! Hoping they still didn't sticker those Lego sets correctly![/QUOTE]

Is that 50% off original price (I assume) or off clearance price?

The problem with the new pirate ship is, unlike the Medieval Market Village which was much cheaper than it seemed like it should be, the ship is more expensive at $180.

[quote name='xycury']What's Kmart's policy on returning clearance toys and seeing if I can get the additional % off???[/QUOTE]

Funny, I remember someone frowning upon me for doing this with Target clearance.;)

YMMV, some will do it but only within 7 or 14 days...it seems like they will make up whatever excuse so that you can't.

You could always return it flat out and then come back and buy it later after they restock it.

I picked up the Flying Wing for $21 (returning the one I bought for $33, so maybe I can buy it again), Spider Creator for $5.50, and Tower Raid for $12. The Magnaguard Fighter is $17 and there are some Bionicles on clearance too but I didn't check the prices on those.

Stopped by TRU too...the sets pictured in the ad were 30% off, but everything else was 15% like someone posted earlier. Actually, Lego Pirates Building Set #6192 rang up normal price eventhough it should have been 30% off. I guess I'll have to bring in the ad tomorrow to get the right price when I pick up Snow White on Blu-ray.

Off topic heads up...TRU has Snow White combo (Blu-ray and DVD in same package) tomorrow for $20, and there is a coupon in the DVD forum for $10 off of that, and if you pre-order it today you get a $5 gift card tomorrow when you pick it up. So $10 for Snow White on Blu-ray+DVD and you get a $5 giftcard.

[quote name='elsnerma']Thanks for the heads up. Managed to picked up a second Tower Raid for $12.00 and the smaller Pink Brick bucket for $6.00[/QUOTE]

Dang, I didn't know any of the buckets were on clearance...I'll have to check those next time.

I have to give props to the Kmart video game clearance thread as someone mentioned the additional 50% off clearance toys there.

[quote name='180husher']Funny, I remember someone frowning upon me for doing this with Target clearance.;)

YMMV, some will do it but only within 7 or 14 days...it seems like they will make up whatever excuse so that you can't.

You could always return it flat out and then come back and buy it later after they restock it.

[/QUOTE]

Well I did JUST buy it on last Sunday. And it's not even a set I wanted. The Bulldozer City set 7685.

I only grabbed it for 20%, so an additional 30% more would be nice. Closest Kmart is at least 45 minutes away so getting that additional 30% wouldn't just be the only reason for going.

Plus I'm not doing it to all my sets I want to buy :p

I still continue to buy the Pirates Cannon Battle @ MSRP, because one cannot have enough cannons.

Would you be willing to ship me a Tower Raid if they still have some??? Glad to pay shipping + extra... shouldn't be no more than $20 or so.

I wish my Kmart would actually have stock to put stuff on clearance.... :(

[quote name='TWolf10']Is that 50% off original price (I assume) or off clearance price?[/QUOTE]

Hit up a couple KMarts at lunch, it is and additional 50% off the clearance price. All I found was the SW Droid Battle Pack for $3.00 which I have no interest in. So I only bought 1.

Yeah it's off the clearance price which is great if anything is left.

It's OK to return one set that you bought the week before. I think it's assholeish to pretty much buy ALL the LEGO in a Target and then return it when it's on clearance.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yeah it's off the clearance price which is great if anything is left.

It's OK to return one set that you bought the week before. I think it's assholeish to pretty much buy ALL the LEGO in a Target and then return it when it's on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Guess that makes me king of the a$$holes.

[quote name='xycury']Well I did JUST buy it on last Sunday. And it's not even a set I wanted. The Bulldozer City set 7685.

I only grabbed it for 20%, so an additional 30% more would be nice. Closest Kmart is at least 45 minutes away so getting that additional 30% wouldn't just be the only reason for going.

Plus I'm not doing it to all my sets I want to buy :p

I still continue to buy the Pirates Cannon Battle @ MSRP, because one cannot have enough cannons.

Would you be willing to ship me a Tower Raid if they still have some??? Glad to pay shipping + extra... shouldn't be no more than $20 or so.

I wish my Kmart would actually have stock to put stuff on clearance.... :([/QUOTE]

They only had one, the one I got. Might check another Kmart this week and if I see one I'll grab it for you.

[quote name='180husher']Guess that makes me king of the a$$holes.

They only had one, the one I got. Might check another Kmart this week and if I see one I'll grab it for you.[/QUOTE]

/bow

Thanks, let me know! (Jealous of all the people that have Lego stores, and now multiple Kmarts [head explodes])

I won't be going back to that Kmart for at least a week two, so it'll be two weeks out... Probably not worth the effort, but could easily be enough to get another cannon battle set if they did.

Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Got an extra Tower today xycury, but it was $13 instead of $12. This store had 5 of them. PM me your zip code and I'll get some shipping estimates. Also do you need it packed nicely or can I just wrap it in brown paper?

Also found #8162 Race Rig for $4 (was $8)...its a Racer, but too cheap to pass up.

I've also noticed that the stores have some clearance sitting on the toy shelves mixed in with the regularly priced toys, but they also have seperate sections with just toy clearance. I had to ask at the store today as they put all their toy clearance in the lawn and garden section. I hope it stays there unnoticed until the next price drop and 50% off sale!

Stopped at a Lego store too so I could use up my stamps and get my $30 gift card before they switch over to VIP. I was going to pick up the Emerald Night train until I realized it doesn't come with any tracks! A train set with no tracks? And you would need to buy two track packs just to make an oval costing another $30+. Next will they sell car sets that don't come with wheels so you have to buy that $40 nothing-but-wheels/axles set to complete it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to a K-Mart and they had LEGOs, like tons of sets! It was amazing!

None of the sets were on clearance besides the lame Star Wars battle pack for $3.50. However they had all the summer clearance clothing for $3! Score! :)

For all you Star Wars Legos fans out there:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

Saw this at the kids' school book fair for $20. Comes with a minifig of Luke wearing ceremony medal. Looks like Amazon is the cheapest if you can get your total up to $25 for free shipping. Borders.com has it for $20 also but the latest coupon expires before the books release.

I got stuck in line today behind people buying all those clothes bigdaddy...and everyone needed a manager override because the clearance prices weren't in the computer correctly. Of course they only had one line open. It's okay though...bought back that flying wing for $21.

This K-Mart is good, I scanned everything before buying it and everythnig came up correctly.

I saw The LEGO Star Wars book and the new LEGO Book (which is actually two books in a box thing) on display at B&N today.

Borders emailed me a 40% off of one book coupon, so I think I'll use it to buy the SW Lego book...I bet my son will sleep with it for months.

Anybody know if these coupons are one use only? If not, I'll post the link if anyone is interested in the coupon.

[quote name='180husher']Borders emailed me a 40% off of one book coupon, so I think I'll use it to buy the SW Lego book...I bet my son will sleep with it for months.

Anybody know if these coupons are one use only? If not, I'll post the link if anyone is interested in the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Borders coupons are tracked with your rewards card. If you use it once, you can't use it again. Also, no need to post the coupon: anyone that has a rewards card should also have gotten that same email.

Edit: Conceivably, you should be able use a coupon multiple times if you use someone else's rewards card.

Here's a hint, don't use your Borders card. They might be able to track if you used it through the useless Border's card, but you can sign up for the emails and just not use the card (like I do).

Eurobricks has the new VIP thing explained for people with LEGO Stores near by....

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34178&st=0

I just looked up the old LEGO book from 1999 on Amazon, used the thing costs $20! I think my mom bought be a copy for $5! Wish I had a new one, those go for $80!

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Lego...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255017247&sr=8-2

If you want to LEGO Star Wars book, with exclusive minifigure, it's cheaper on Amazon. Almost the same with the other new LEGO book. It will be $24 at Borders with the coupon, then plus tax, and on Amazon it's $26.40.

What do you guys think about this deal?

4722 House of Gryffindor
4731 Harry Potter 4731 Dobby's Release
4756 Shrieking Shack
4735 Harry Potter Lego Slytherin
4752 Harry Potter Professor Lupin's Classroom
4706 Forbidden Corridor
4701 Harry Potter Sorting Hat
4723 Diagon Alley
4708 Hogwarts Express

All for $190, no boxes though. Seems a bit much for me, I was thinking of offering $160.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Here's a hint, don't use your Borders card. They might be able to track if you used it through the useless Border's card, but you can sign up for the emails and just not use the card (like I do).

Eurobricks has the new VIP thing explained for people with LEGO Stores near by....

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34178&st=0

http://[/QUOTE]

Cool, looks like they won't penalize you points for your second set of stamps as they give 50 points for each stamp on the second set. I filled mine up this weekend just to make sure. Plus I'd rather have a $30 giftcard with no expiration date than a bunch of $5 certificates that I'd have to use by their deadline.

Amazon is cheaper for the SW Lego Visual Dictionary, but I can't come up with anything else to get free shipping so I think I'll use the coupon and visit Borders.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I went to a K-Mart and they had LEGOs, like tons of sets! It was amazing!

None of the sets were on clearance besides the lame Star Wars battle pack for $3.50. However they had all the summer clearance clothing for $3! Score! :)[/QUOTE]

Same with my local K-Mart--nice selection, but zero zip nada on clearance, let alone any kind of sale.

I was annoyed that TRU's ad mislead me into thinking all sets would be 30% off.

I did pick up a City Airplane "exclusive" set for 15% off, though. >_< It's for my son.

Interesting...

Amazon now has the City sets...

$10 for a 43 piece car!!!!
$13 for the power line truck thing
$15 for the plane
$40 for the fire helicopter (342)
$50 for the fire boat boat (306 piece)
$80 for the Fire Station

Everything seems about what I thought the overprices sets would cost, but that car (with the awesome minifigure hoodie) is just way too much. If that is the correct price I will be sending the LEGO company an email asking if they have lost their mind.

Dark blue roof!
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4567217-...e=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1255072652&sr=1-1

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up the Lego Star Wars Visual Dictionary at Border's today for $13 and some change. Nice book, nice pictures.

Also if you pre-order Lego Rockband at Best Buy you get a "rocker" minifig keychain in the pre-order box. There is a way to get this free. First you have to get the pre-order box for Uncharted 2 for the PS3...you must have this as this is what makes everything come out to be free. Then pick up a pre-order box for Lego Rockband (this will also work for any other pre-order). When the cashier rings up both preorders the register will prompt them to allow a discount and when they press ok the total will come out to $0.00 for everything. Keep your pre-order box as it has the minifig keychain in it. It's been reported that this deal will end Saturday (10/10/09), so that is your last day to get it. I've done it at two stores with no problem.

If you pre-order Uncharted 2 you get $5 off any other video game...they have it advertised in the stores. Some computer glitch gives you the Uncharted 2 pre-order free. And a pre-order is simply a hold on a game, they lose nothing...and as soon as the game is released they throw away the pre-order boxes.

[quote name='zephie']Borders coupons are tracked with your rewards card. If you use it once, you can't use it again. Also, no need to post the coupon: anyone that has a rewards card should also have gotten that same email.[/QUOTE]
That's not always the case. On some instances, Borders will email different coupons based on past purchases. For example: If you spend a decent amount at Borders you might get a 30% off coupon, whereas the person who spent a bit less might just get a 20% coupon or none at all. I've seen this happen a few times this year where I get the higher coupon and my friends get the lower one or none at all.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Here's a hint, don't use your Borders card. They might be able to track if you used it through the useless Border's card, but you can sign up for the emails and just not use the card (like I do).

I just looked up the old LEGO book from 1999 on Amazon, used the thing costs $20! I think my mom bought be a copy for $5! Wish I had a new one, those go for $80!

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Lego...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255017247&sr=8-2

If you want to LEGO Star Wars book, with exclusive minifigure, it's cheaper on Amazon. Almost the same with the other new LEGO book. It will be $24 at Borders with the coupon, then plus tax, and on Amazon it's $26.40.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Every time I use the coupon at any of my local Borders they always ask for my rewards card. And... Last time I checked the LEGO Star Wars book is $12.86 on Amazon. You might as buy 2 and get free shipping.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Not TRU's fault you can't read.... [/QUOTE]

Well it's not that I can't read, but I admit I should've known better. The ad does specifically say "These sets 30% off", but for the other part of the copy, all it says is "All Legos on Sale" which clearly isn't the same thing. As TRU probably intended, I ignorantly put the two together. Anyway, I hate marketing. >_< :p

Would any other store PM to this TRU ad?

Normally they price match the PRICE.... but would they PM a percent off?

I would love to do so......

I don't think any of the bigger retailers do: Wal-mart, Target, K-mart nope.

Wal-mart in particular, their corp policy is not to match percent off discounts.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']

Interesting. Every time I use the coupon at any of my local Borders they always ask for my rewards card.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

They ask you for the lame-ass card EVERY time you shop there. I see no need for it, I never get any coupons in the regular mail.

[quote name='xycury']Would any other store PM to this TRU ad?

Normally they price match the PRICE.... but would they PM a percent off?

I would love to do so......[/QUOTE]

I PM'ed TRU ad at Walmart once for either 20 or 25% off the Pirate sets but I think that was luck. Saved a couple extra bucks that way.

I read the last three pages of this thread and didn't see any mention of the LEGO Fall Impulse sets at Target. Target has two little bagged Miners sets for $2.99 each. One is a green rock/lava monster with crystal and simple catapult. The other is a simple wheeled vehicle with an orange spike drill and minifig in blue overalls. I don't even like Miners sets, but for $2.99 each, I picked up two of each. These sets are found next to the halloween candy/toys and not in the LEGO section.

The last impulse sets I found where last Winter (Star Wars microships). Were their any Spring impulse sets that I missed? I checked the Easter section several times and never saw any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back