LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an Advent Calendar with the 40% off and then a $4.50 gift card, so less than $15 with all the lame taxes.

They had the city people, red city car, a couple pirate related things, the IJ set I want, and the horrible castle chariot which some 5 year old took. :)

All Bionicle, Space Police, and Power Miner sets are buy one get one 50% off this week at K-Mart. I wish it were on all Lego - those are the lines that least interest me. Target also has the City Dump Truck at 12.99, plus other sets on sale. Not sure what those sets are at this point.

[quote name='postureking']Target also has the City Dump Truck at 12.99, plus other sets on sale.[/QUOTE]

Says $15.99 in my ad. Might be regional pricing?

[quote name='bigdaddy']http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/lego/images/e/e1/IMG_3980.JPG[/QUOTE]

This must be showcasing the new monsters... would be a nice battle pack though..

I think we seen the yellow on in the water blaster, and the big big fire guy in probably the base that was in that pic a while back.

so probably two more sets then. There was a robot type one too.

[quote name='postureking']All Bionicle, Space Police, and Power Miner sets are buy one get one 50% off this week at K-Mart. I wish it were on all Lego - those are the lines that least interest me. Target also has the City Dump Truck at 12.99, plus other sets on sale. Not sure what those sets are at this point.[/QUOTE]

would be an ok score on Kmart but they raised their prices too on sets. too bad they restrict it to just those lines. I'd jump for more pirates or castles.

Yeah dump truck at Target is $15.99 here too, and all other city sets are 10% off this week at Target. 10%??? I think those Border's coupons have spoiled me. I couldn't find any of those halloween Power Miner sets at Target this morning as I was hoping to score a couple each for 50% off...plus the candy was only 30% off too so I didn't even score any cheap candy.

No TRU ad this week as the Big Book ad came out. The prices are effective from Nov. 1 thru 26. Home One is $10 off and the big book has a $10 off $100 coupon so $20 off total for that set.

[quote name='180husher'] I couldn't find any of those halloween Power Miner sets at Target this morning as I was hoping to score a couple each for 50% off...
[/QUOTE]

I managed to find ONE of the rock monster ones, and it was thrown in the regular Lego aisle. This was only 30 minutes after the store opened too, so I'm guessing someone acted fast in picking the rest up.

You guys are right - the Dump Truck is 15.99 here, too. I don't think I was quite awake when I made the post. Sorry about that. And I'm jealous of you all with Border's around.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddy'] and the horrible castle chariot which some 5 year old took. :)[/QUOTE]

Hey! That's what picked up with my 40% off coupon...it's not a "horrible" set at $12.00, but it's ridiculously priced at $20.00 for 108 pieces. In its defense, it does contain quite a few large pieces, not to mention the horse and minifigs. That said, I would never buy it at $20.00.

The main reason I got it was for the King, as I don't plan on buying any of the really expensive sets that contain the King anytime soon.

I totally regret getting rid of my Lego sets. Hold onto this stuff guys.
smile

[quote name='elsnerma']Hey! That's what picked up with my 40% off coupon...it's not a "horrible" set at $12.00, but it's ridiculously priced at $20.00 for 108 pieces. In its defense, it does contain quite a few large pieces, not to mention the horse and minifigs. That said, I would never buy it at $20.00.

The main reason I got it was for the King, as I don't plan on buying any of the really expensive sets that contain the King anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

That was the first set I bought a few months ago...I dig it. My daughter likes to play with it, too.

Damnit, I was just at Target yesterday.

Yeah and at $16 I don't care, that's only 20% off. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elsnerma']Hey! That's what picked up with my 40% off coupon...it's not a "horrible" set at $12.00, but it's ridiculously priced at $20.00 for 108 pieces. In its defense, it does contain quite a few large pieces, not to mention the horse and minifigs. That said, I would never buy it at $20.00.

The main reason I got it was for the King, as I don't plan on buying any of the really expensive sets that contain the King anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

I considered getting that chariot, as Castle is one of the few lines I try to collect most of. But they also had the IJ Ambush in Cairo set, so I got that instead for $6.60 before tax. Also had the SW Separatist Shuttle that looked pretty decent for only $18 after coupon. No Advent Calenders though, which is what I would've picked up if they had it.

The Castle set I still think is very poorly designed, LEGO could have made a much much better set, more so for $20. $12 isn't too bad, but the only reason I would get it is the bad guy shields, two in one set is the most ever. :lol:

I'm hoping next time to get the IJ Cairo set, even if it's only 30% off that has some awesome minifigures, and rumour has it that there is no IJ sets planned for 2010.

[quote name='gunm']Crap, the City Dump Truck is $19.99 here on my state's Target ad. :([/QUOTE]

Weird.... can you PM another store? Like at TRU if you got another state's ad?

[quote name='xycury']why are we allowing this tragedy to happen?!?!?!?

http://shop.lego.com/product/Default.aspx?p=6299

:sad:

If anyone hears otherwise, online or by phone... please post here... more than likely spot it here than anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

We aren't getting it.

But in 3-4 weeks when the USA gets Atlantis all the Eurobrick fuckers will be crying. AT LEAST THEY GET ALL THE fuckING SETS!

[quote name='xycury']why are we allowing this tragedy to happen?!?!?!?

http://shop.lego.com/product/Default.aspx?p=6299

:sad:

If anyone hears otherwise, online or by phone... please post here... more than likely spot it here than anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

I know, my daughter and I love the Pirate sets, but no Pirate advent calender for her. You can buy them online here and there, but they end up at around $60.

[quote name='n64ra']Is Atlantis just the next round of Aqua Raiders? I mean Aquazone?[/QUOTE]

If it is, they are going far right field for it.... hardly any of the old raiders/zone connection here.

new minifigs, large aqua pieces and a base.

I am enjoying the minifigs the most.... and the lego shark might be a nice build...

But I don't think we can say it's another notch in the series.

[quote name='n64ra']Is Atlantis just the next round of Aqua Raiders? I mean Aquazone?[/QUOTE]

No, each theme is different. LEGO makes City, Castle, and Space sets every year (so they say) and then LEGO makes "action themes" those themes will last 1-3 years and rotate through. Agents last 2 years, Power Miners at least two, Aqua Raiders last 1, Aqua Zone last several with different fractions.

Aquazone was futuristic and fun, Aqua Raiders was more realistic and I loved it. It turned out that Aqua Raiders sold much better than LEGO thought so they developed a new theme Atlantis. Atlantis is... I don't know yet... :lol:

However the minifigures are awesome so the cheap sets are must buys to me.

[quote name='bigdaddy']^ If you want it you better buy it now. It's already gone from LEGO.com, Amazon has some left.[/QUOTE]

I can add it to my cart at Lego.com and it will let me start the checkout process.

I usually wait until the Christmas discount for Cast Members at WDW to buy the $100+ sets. Hope one sticks around until then.

[quote name='bigdaddy']

However the minifigures are awesome so the cheap sets are must buys to me.[/QUOTE]

+1 here, I'll be definately getting quite a few nice minigifs here.

[quote name='kojubat']I can add it to my cart at Lego.com and it will let me start the checkout process.
[/QUOTE]

It was gone the other day. I think they stopped making the set months and months ago, and now they are just using up their stock. It has been around 3 years and that's been the max for a set to be produced.

[quote name='bigdaddy']It was gone the other day. I think they stopped making the set months and months ago, and now they are just using up their stock. It has been around 3 years and that's been the max for a set to be produced.[/QUOTE]

It's still available at Amazon, TRU, and Target, all at or near the $139.99 MSRP. I had a couple of the new SW sets (Hoth -- want that tauntaun -- and the Endor one) on my Christmas list, but I may yank those and inform my wife (aka Santa) of this dire situation. She got me the Green Grocer for Christmas last year or the year before.

Last year GG came out, CC came out in 2007, and the shit... I mean Fire Station came out this year.

It's not shocking. LEGO makes sets for several weeks, than makes other sets for several weeks, and so forth, depending on the demand.

Some "LEGO Ambassador" seemed to say awhile go that CC was not in the production cycle anymore, a lot of stores still have it, but if it seems to disappear from a few that's it forever! :p

I figured I would post in here before I go to ebay. My uncle has a bunch of old school star wars lego sets he asked me to sell. I guess they are kind of rare and I sold about half of them already. If anyone is interested in them feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll let you know which ones I have left.

[quote name='encendido5']Dang, I hope CC is still around for when I hopefully get another 25% coupon from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Sorry man, Circuit City is long gone ...

jk ;-)

where is this 25% amazon coupon?

Anyways, ordered some xmas ornimental sets, the snowman and the christmas tree for the wife, they should be here any day now.

I'm hoping for the blue plate to be in stock before xmas so that someone can wrap it for xmas :D

Cafe Corner last X-mas was $108, Green Grocer was $111, and Town Plan was $95. I didn't buy any, but I have a good memory.

Target has their Christmas stuff up including $3 impulse sets (not in the LEGO section; with all the mini Christmas gifts). They have two different Racer cars: one black and one red. I was hoping for any thing that had minifigs or Star Wars mini-ships. The V-19 Torrent last year was epic.

[quote name='voidedx']Target has their Christmas stuff up including $3 impulse sets (not in the LEGO section; with all the mini Christmas gifts). They have two different Racer cars: one black and one red. I was hoping for any thing that had minifigs or Star Wars mini-ships. The V-19 Torrent last year was epic.[/QUOTE]

That's news to me about the racer cars...my Target doesn't have the complete Christmas selection up yet, but supposedly http://www.brickset.com/bricklists/?508 is the list of what has been spotted so far at Target. Definitely want to pick up a mini-Tie Fighter or 3.

Also, TRU has 30008 Creator Snowman and 30009 Creator Tree available for $3.49...yes, you read that right, TRU offering a Lego impulse at the actual retail price! I picked both up tonight. Snowman is awesome, and contains quite a few interesting pieces.

In other Lego news, if you missed out on the Borders deals for the advent calendar, Target has a $5.00 off coupon in their free toy coupon book (located in/near the toys) that is good for the Advent Calendar, making it $25.00. It can also be used on the SW Pirate Tank, PM Cave Crusher, and SP Max Security Transport, and one of the large Duplo sets.

Lastly, Lego Rock Band is tons of fun. I was extremely surprised to have my band replaced by the Power Miners crew, singing "Dig" to a crowd consisting only of rock monsters.

[quote name='elsnerma']
Also, TRU has 30008 Creator Snowman and 30009 Creator Tree available for $3.49...yes, you read that right, TRU offering a Lego impulse at the actual retail price! I picked both up tonight. Snowman is awesome, and contains quite a few interesting pieces.
[/QUOTE]

I love that snowman, I didn't even know about those sets. I'll need to check TRU out sometime. I need more snowmen and trees. Can't ever have too many.

Old Navy is giving away Lego Rockband to the first 50 customers on Black Friday. I think PenguinoMF works for Old Navy so he may be able to provide more info at some point.

[quote name='180husher']Old Navy is giving away Lego Rockband to the first 50 customers on Black Friday. I think PenguinoMF works for Old Navy so he may be able to provide more info at some point.[/QUOTE]

someone had posted that 50 wristbands of colored/systems will be handed out. Some might not get the system they wanted..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back