LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lego key chains were not advertised. They are just an in store promotion to boost Lego sales. ALL stores are participating so just ask for it. A few stores will also have reps from Lego visiting and helping pass out key chains.

Also, my store started getting some Atlantis sets trickling in last week too. I don't remember which ones, the guy who works our Lego's off the trucks mentioned it.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Total BS. I called ALL 5 of my local TRU stores and none of them were giving out the supposed FREE keychain. I even randomly called other TRUs from other states just to check if this was a regional thing, but none of them knew nothing.[/QUOTE]

That would imply all of them knew something.

Picked up a Shanghai Chase from Target for $15. Was debating waiting for it to drop to $7.50, but figured since it was the last set and it wasn't a markdown day, it would be a good idea to get it now.

[quote name='encendido5']Picked up a Shanghai Chase from Target for $15. Was debating waiting for it to drop to $7.50, but figured since it was the last set and it wasn't a markdown day, it would be a good idea to get it now.[/QUOTE]

Was the first drop 15% or 30%...if it was 15% then $15 will be as low as it will get before dropping out of the system. Not to mention that anything with a clearance sticker will be sucked up my the Black Friday shoppers in a week or so.

I picked up 12 of the keychains, they had LOADS of boxes sitting around. I also bought several lego sets at 5$ off, but then realized that my local shop had jacked up the prices by about $5 across the board. They had the Agent helecopter set for $20.00 off! Until I realized it was priced 10$ ABOVE the lego.com price.

I saw the Atlantis red sub kit, and the atlantis black seamonster, and one other kit. Basically just the small ones.

[quote name='dharman07']I picked up 12 of the keychains, they had LOADS of boxes sitting around. [/QUOTE]

So you stole 12 keychains.

[quote name='180husher']Was the first drop 15% or 30%...if it was 15% then $15 will be as low as it will get before dropping out of the system. Not to mention that anything with a clearance sticker will be sucked up my the Black Friday shoppers in a week or so.[/QUOTE]

Ah, good point. I'm not sure since it didn't have a sticker on it. I only scanned it because I remembered you guys mentioned it was on clearance.

[quote name='bigdaddy']So you stole 12 keychains.[/QUOTE]

haha that's what I was wondering...

wonder how many will go up on ebay.

I wonder too, if I go anywhere, if TRU might still have some.

[quote name='elsnerma']TRU Black Friday "deals" :

8635 Agents Mobile Command Center - $53.99
7623 Indiana Jones Temple Escape - $42.59
7680 Star Wars: The Twilight - $59.99 (Friday until 1:00PM Only)

Other than 7680, prices good 12:00 AM Friday Morning to close Saturday.

The only thing that sticks out for me is 8635, if only because I don't think I've seen any store that carries it any longer, and the aftermarket price generally runs in the $100+ range.[/QUOTE]

Whoa. Thanks for the heads up. I saw the info about the Twilight on sale, but missed the Agents Mobile Command Center. I've really wanted that set for a while, but always hoped to find it on sale somewhere. $54 is fine by me, gonna have to pick that one up.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Whoa. Thanks for the heads up. I saw the info about the Twilight on sale, but missed the Agents Mobile Command Center. I've really wanted that set for a while, but always hoped to find it on sale somewhere. $54 is fine by me, gonna have to pick that one up.[/QUOTE]

I always heard the Agents Mobile Command Center was kind of a crummy set because it would constantly fall apart if moved. Any truth to this from folks who have it? I'd be curious to grab one simply because it doesn't appear that LEGO is producing them anymore, but I don't know if my money would be better spent going towards new Atlantis sets instead.

Agents Mobile Command Center was one of my favorite sets from last year. It's a solid looking semi-truck from the outside (lots of nice dark blue pieces) it holds an amazing amount of small vehicles inside. It stays together well, maybe the one weak link being the hook-up between trailer and truck. Still, a rock-solid set. I'd buy another in a heartbeat at $50.

Meijer Black Friday Deal:

All Lego Sets Buy 2 Get 1 Free

Also,

15% off coupon for any ONE general merchandise item (which would include Lego).

Since the buy 2 get 1 is a "doorbuster" you cannot combine the two offers.

Hi I have a Lexo NXT and the screen does not work and I changed the batteries , any ideas?

edit 12/21/09--Well if anyone cares I called Lego and they sent me a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm the Santa keychain at TRU, thanks prime4444. They have a lot of new seasonal workers, so keep asking people until you get someone who knows about it. My store had four boxes and the one that was opened was still mostly full. ALSO the $5 coupon on them expire this Sunday the 22nd.

I used the $5 coupon to buy a new Atlantis set #8060 Typhoon Turbo Sub which was $24.99. This will probably be $19.99 everywhere else. It comes with the "shark man" minifig. They only had three sets out...an impulse for $6.99 of a crab? and one human diver minifig, and a $14.99 set of a black shark? and one human diver minifig. None of those other cool minifigs were in any of the sets they had except for the shark guy which is why I bought that one.

I think the best bet for these sets would be to wait for Border's to get them in stock and then use those 30%-40% off coupons to nab them cheap.

[quote name='180husher']I can confirm the Santa keychain at TRU, thanks prime4444. They have a lot of new seasonal workers, so keep asking people until you get someone who knows about it. My store had four boxes and the one that was opened was still mostly full. ALSO the $5 coupon on them expire this Sunday the 22nd.

I used the $5 coupon to buy a new Atlantis set #8060 Typhoon Turbo Sub which was $24.99. This will probably be $19.99 everywhere else. It comes with the "shark man" minifig. They only had three sets out...an impulse for $6.99 of a crab? and one human diver minifig, and a $14.99 set of a black shark? and one human diver minifig. None of those other cool minifigs were in any of the sets they had except for the shark guy which is why I bought that one.

I think the best bet for these sets would be to wait for Border's to get them in stock and then use those 30%-40% off coupons to nab them cheap.[/QUOTE]

LAME wish the coupon's exp was just a day more, was thinking of stopping up on Monday.

damn.

well thanks for the sets, something to look for when I go.

[quote name='180husher']They only had three sets out...an impulse for $6.99 of a crab? and one human diver minifig[/QUOTE]

That's not an impulse set, it's a regular set.

Also Border's coupons might be ending, who knows. I forgot the damn coupon last time I was at Borders and "this week's" (17th-19th) is only 20% off.

RIP LEGO Indiana Jones ... it appears the line is done guys, at least according to a few recent sites I've visited. But hey, at least the new Prince of Persia stuff might go well with the IJ sets

Bigdaddy has a date?:applause::applause::applause:

I was hoping to get more Indiana Jones vehicles...why wouldn't they make that tank from the Last Crusade? That would have been bada$$. Has Lego ever made a tank of any kind? Or is that too war oriented for them? I just need that fighter plane set and I'm done with Indy.

I took a look at the WM BF ad (listed on a website), and didn't see the big Lego set that they usually have. Are they not really going to have a big set on sale this year?? Weird. I'm a little disappointed with TRU, and Target's sets....I'll get the police, and maybe pick up a few more IJ, but we already have all the Indy's.

[quote name='bigdaddy']There is some "Lego Kidsfest" this weekend in Hartford. It's $14. I have no clue what it is, but I have a date and we are going there. :lol:

http://www.legokidsfest.com/[/QUOTE]

Hmm... Maybe I'll take a ride down this Saturday or Sunday and check it out.

I think the mediocre reviews for Lego Indiana Jones 2 combined with the weak reception for Crystal Skull kind of sealed the fate of the line. I agree a tank would be awesome, maybe a few more sets from Last Crusade like some sort of Grail Temple set or maybe a young Indiana Jones train set or something, but alas I can understand that LEGO isn't finding the line profitable enough to continue for a next wave. It was good while it lasted I guess.

Do any of you guys track the amazon fluctuating prices? I had my eye on a couple of sets, but they just jumped back to MSRP. Wondering if anyone thought there was a chance they would go back down again...

Medieval Market Village 10193 $89.99 -> $99.99
Green Grocer 10185 $135->$149.97

I should have grabbed them when they were low, hesitated and now regret it. :bomb:

[quote name='180husher']Bigdaddy has a date?:applause::applause::applause:
[/QUOTE]

Jealous bitch? :booty:

It's actually our second date, the only issue is he lives near the south shore (of Boston) and only goes to school in the area.

Found some of the new power miner sets at the local TRU ... pretty sweet ... nice mech model with the new uh ... power armor? and rock monster builds. Not too blown away by Atlantis ... love the little shark dude but couldn't buy the set because the vehicle sucks. Bought the little crab instead because it was 5.99 or 6.99.

lol at Borders

If you buy $25 worth of Kid's toys, you get a $6 Bioncle through the 23rd.

They do give you a 20% off coupon, but it ends the 19th.

Maybe they'll hand out a new higher coupon later?...

[quote name='xycury']haha that's what I was wondering...

wonder how many will go up on ebay.

I wonder too, if I go anywhere, if TRU might still have some.[/QUOTE]

No,

The lady gave me two, then I asked for one more.

Then she went on break, so I went up to her assistant.

He gave me two, and I asked for one more.

Then, I was happy with my loot. But I went back that evening to do an exchange and the lego person was gone, but there was a big box of keychains sitting open at the service desk. (they had about 4 boxes, each with about 100 keychains per box, There are so many, I doubt they would go on Ebay for much.).

So, anyway, I walked over to the box and I asked if I could have a handfull, and they shrugged and said "sure".

I got 6 more.

So now I gots me a SANTA ARMY!

I gonna split the ring off the top, take the heads off and put on robot heads.

Robot Death Santas for the win!

[quote name='etcrane']I always heard the Agents Mobile Command Center was kind of a crummy set because it would constantly fall apart if moved. Any truth to this from folks who have it? I'd be curious to grab one simply because it doesn't appear that LEGO is producing them anymore, but I don't know if my money would be better spent going towards new Atlantis sets instead.[/QUOTE]

Agents Mobile command center is one of my single most favorite sets EVER.

The only issue I have had is the roof is easy to pop off the swing up hinges, but thats the only build problem.

From a playability point of view, its everything a big box lego should be. It has a MASSIVE number of pieces, MAJOR playability with multiple small ships for the agents to use. ALL 3 major bad guys, all 4 Agents. A jail, a headquarters, all kinds of stuff.

And then it all packs into that neat little Truck.

its really REALLY REALY awsome, at 100$, I got mine at 80$ and its a F-ing steal at 50$.

[quote name='dharman07']

its really REALLY REALY awsome, at 100$, I got mine at 80$ and its a F-ing steal at 50$.[/QUOTE]

It's a good thing it's a fucking steal at $54 because you will literally need to steal it out of someone's cart and then wait in line for hours if you actually want it. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']It's a good thing it's a fucking steal at $54 because you will literally need to steal it out of someone's cart and then wait in line for hours if you actually want it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Indeed, Black Friday is not worth it.

I'm hoping amazon will do it's magic.

I wanted the Aqua Zone base last year from TRU. I went 10am to 1pm, there was nothing left anywhere, and the line literally went around the store. For what? I don't think the prices were worth that much.

Last week TRU had Candy Land and some other games for $4, plus a $2 mail in rebate. Not a line around and I think that is a steal at that price. Almost bought Candy Land. :lol:

[quote name='xycury']Indeed, Black Friday is not worth it.

I'm hoping amazon will do it's magic.[/QUOTE]

Does Amazon have surprize Black Friday specials? What magic are you hoping for?

[quote name='dharman07']Does Amazon have surprize Black Friday specials? What magic are you hoping for?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Amazon also price match DVD prices from BB, Target, Walmart, ect, maybe the same with LEGO???

Magma Mech is a pretty sweet set for $20, I had fun building it even if it went a bit fast. It's a nice compliment to the Agents Robo Attack set, as that mech is a bit bigger but still within the size range.

Decided to take back the Atlantis set I picked up. I'll wait until the good sets (imo) come out in January. The new armor for the Powerminer sets is pretty slick btw, it looks about 1000 times better than the original blue stuff in my opinion.

I think Border's realized everyone was using the coupons for LEGOs, it's now 2-%, and I just got an email, 30% off a book.

When I first signed up for the Border's Rewards account the first coupons were for 20% and 40% off a book or something like that. I didn't get a good 30 or 40% off coupon for almost a month. They just go through a cycle it seems. Figures though, since I earned a 5$ reward certificate that expires in 2 weeks that I don't have a good coupon to pair it with.

DO NOT GO TO LEGO KIDSFEST!

It was PACKED, if you didn't buy online tickets you didn't get in. It was OK, maybe not worth $10. You could have bought one online ticket and printed it 5 times because they didn't check, it was a mess.

They had to close the showroom floor for 30 minutes and to buy tickets had a 2 hour line. If people had online tickets you could use them on Sunday.

They had a mini store there with discontinued sets, they had Mars Mission crawler for $17, the skeleton carriage for $16, some creator sets and some exo-force set. Really it was so badly set up I didn't bother.

However the date went well and I'll have pictures up later. :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']DO NOT GO TO LEGO KIDSFEST!

However the date went well and I'll have pictures up later. :)[/QUOTE]

God I hope the pictures he's talking about are from Lego Kidsfest and not the end of the date.:pray:

On a much different note, Target put a few more Lego sets on clearance this week. The three I saw at my local store are:

#7197 Venice Canal Chase $39.99 down 30% to $27.98 DCPI=204-00-0264

#6241 Loot Island $19.99 down 30% to $13.98 DCPI=204-00-0828

#6743 Street Speeder $12.99 down 30% to $9.xx

I can't verify these at any other stores as I just visited my local one today. I was really surprised to see additional sets clearanced as the previous three just hit 50% off this week too. Good to see these sets start at 30% off whichs means they'll hit 75% off in the system eventually. Let us know if you guys see anything different at your stores.

[quote name='bigdaddy']DO NOT GO TO LEGO KIDSFEST!

It was PACKED, if you didn't buy online tickets you didn't get in. It was OK, maybe not worth $10. You could have bought one online ticket and printed it 5 times because they didn't check, it was a mess.

They had to close the showroom floor for 30 minutes and to buy tickets had a 2 hour line. If people had online tickets you could use them on Sunday.

They had a mini store there with discontinued sets, they had Mars Mission crawler for $17, the skeleton carriage for $16, some creator sets and some exo-force set. Really it was so badly set up I didn't bother.

However the date went well and I'll have pictures up later. :)[/QUOTE]

I'd kill for another skeleton carriage :D

always loves me some exo-force! I pray for a revival, though the PM & Agents give them a nod.

[quote name='180husher']God I hope the pictures he's talking about are from Lego Kidsfest and not the end of the date.:pray:

On a much different note, Target put a few more Lego sets on clearance this week. The three I saw at my local store are:

#7197 Venice Canal Chase $39.99 down 30% to $27.98 DCPI=204-00-0264

#6241 Loot Island $19.99 down 30% to $13.98 DCPI=204-00-0828

#6743 Street Speeder $12.99 down 30% to $9.xx

I can't verify these at any other stores as I just visited my local one today. I was really surprised to see additional sets clearanced as the previous three just hit 50% off this week too. Good to see these sets start at 30% off whichs means they'll hit 75% off in the system eventually. Let us know if you guys see anything different at your stores.[/QUOTE]

I hate you, and your freaking retarded Target. ;)

You would need to kill at least 15 children and 5 asshole parents to get to it. :lol: The room is actually rather small, and the store was located in a dumb spot. Also he didn't eat anything, and he eats a lot, so I could tell he needed food badly. We had a great time, dinner afterward was very nice, and we made fun of the fact Design on a Dime doesn't know what "cottage" is. Yeah the last part is very gay. :lol:

Pictures... I might be in one wearing blue... or nothing at all... ;) :lol:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9824337@N06/

Also there was a 8x8 closet that had the 2010 sets in it. You needed to be a LEGO Magazine member and wait in a line. I glanced in an all I saw was Atlantis and Star Wars, neither I needed to wait to see. The battle packs were in there, I saw the white speeder bike. Looked great and I think it will be $13 instead of $10.

[quote name='xycury']I'd kill for another skeleton carriage :D

always loves me some exo-force! I pray for a revival, though the PM & Agents give them a nod.

I hate you, and your freaking retarded Target. ;)[/QUOTE]
I checked one of my local Targets this morning and unfortunately didn't see LEGO on sale. Darth Vader's TIE Fighter is on sale this week for $20, which is about 30% its original price. I passed.

[quote name='bigdaddy']You would need to kill at least 15 children and 5 asshole parents to get to it. :lol:

Pictures... I might be in one wearing blue... or nothing at all... ;) :lol:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9824337@N06/

[/QUOTE]

I know you said it was hell, but I looked at ur pics, and wow...my son would have LOOOVED going there! Hot damn....I wish they had something like that over here.

[quote name='n64ra']pics were pretty cool. think i would have enjoyed seeing that (esp by printing off 1 ticket 5 times :) )[/QUOTE]

They probably went back after and checked the tickets, it was just not planned to have a 10th of the amount of people that showed up. The room also wasn't large enough. if they do more of these I hope they plan them better, and have a list of cities with dates. Like Portland Maine one weekend, Boston the next, Hartford the next, and so on.

Anyone ever go to the Big E? It's in West Springfield MA and should have been there.

A new site I like...

http://mostlybricks.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm ging to restart collecting Lego sets, mostly Knight, City, and Pirate themed. Any sites you guys recommend for buying vintage/past sets, or am I stuck with good'ole Ebay ;p.

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']So I'm going to restart collecting Lego sets, mostly Knight, City, and Pirate themed. Any sites you guys recommend for buying vintage/past sets, or am I stuck with good'ole Ebay ;p.[/QUOTE]

Garage Sales and CraigsList but those need a lot of time invested in them. If you want complete sets your more than likely have to go through Ebay.

[quote name='elsnerma']TRU Black Friday "deals" :

8635 Agents Mobile Command Center - $53.99
7623 Indiana Jones Temple Escape - $42.59
7680 Star Wars: The Twilight - $59.99 (Friday until 1:00PM Only)

[/QUOTE]

Hey guys, I just looked at the TRU BF ad, and all I saw was the Twilight. I didn't see the other 2 in the ad. Am I missing something here? Are those a last minute, secret release type deal?? Already planning my BF nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back