LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate you all...

well I stopped by today, without seeing the coupon either :(

No Command Center and could have saved $5.

oh well...

Picked up the the 2 new power miner sets.

Aren't we due for a week-long Buy 1 Get at 50% sale at Toys R Us? My store was pretty wiped out today, what with it being the day after Black Friday and all. I'll be really bummed if this is it...

Went and picked up 2 Mobile Command Centers, ended up being $43.12 a piece after tax. Then I returned the one I bought yesterday.

Yet again, they had none on the shelf, but still had boxes up above (though not nearly as many as yesterday).

[quote name='bigdaddy']But as my grandpa says, if they deny you just make sure to get really loud in the middle of the store, the louder you get the more they care. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I know this is a joke, I hate this mindset of being an asshole to get your way. I say be an adult and prove why you deserve what you want, or you don't deserve it.

Anyone that's been on the other side of the counter I'm sure can agree.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I know this is a joke, I hate this mindset of being an asshole to get your way. I say be an adult and prove why you deserve what you want, or you don't deserve it.

Anyone that's been on the other side of the counter I'm sure can agree.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but sometimes, hell most of the time, the people on the other side of the counter have an IQ less than ketchup. You even get the manager who has an IQ of a Texan, who is more useless than the gum on the bottom of your shoe. So your only choice is to get loud. :lol:

It's also good on all SW sets. I just pulled the trigger on the Millenium Falcon. Maybe I can sell one on Craigslist, to make part of my 811.00 back. I need to bc I feel so dirty right now.....spending so much on Legos....augh.

But I couldn't resist...free shipping, 5% cashback on FW, and the look on my son's face when he sees it on Christmas. The one set I told him to give his hopes up on, since it was WAY too expensive! :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']I thought the MF was $350 last year during a real Black Friday sale at S@H. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Really?!!
Oh man....don't tell me anymore deals about the MF, bc I already feel dirty enough. :) But if I can get rid of one of them for close to retail....it will be a good deal. I just don't know if that's possible on craiglist.

You are a dirty boy...

:lol:

After shipping and tax it evens out... besides the fact that there was free shipping last year too.... anyways..... :D

[quote name='bigdaddy']You are a dirty boy...

:lol:

After shipping and tax it evens out... besides the fact that there was free shipping last year too.... anyways..... :D[/QUOTE]

Ok, that makes me feel better. :) Btw, I'm a dirty GIRL. :p Probably one of the very few on here. But now, don't hate me!!

That's OK my glasses are so weak now even in person I'd probably think you are a guy. :lol:

And I'm sorry, I'm built biologically to hate girls. :lol:

Buying 2 of the Millenium Falcon is probably a fair investment if you have the funds, and the patience for the aftermarket value to increase.

Also, oddly enough, Agent Mobile Command Center shows as in stock online for the BF price of $53.99, and is eligible for B1G1 1/2 off. However, if you try to add it to your cart, it tells you there are none in stock.

[quote name='encendido5'] You might've pulled the trigger a bit too early on that cutie :)[/QUOTE]

Now, instead of feeling dirty....i feel SICK!!! I feel like I need to go to Lego Rehab.

Yes...I saw that earlier, and I was NOT HAPPY!!!!!! @#$#@$@!!!!!

I bought both the MF, and 4 Death Stars (2 to keep, and 2 to resell on ebay to make it a better deal - just found out that they let you list 5 free listings per month).....

I was NOT HAPPY!!! Tried to call and cancel, but they already had them located in the warehouse, and I couldn't. @#$#@$@!!

I wonder though....if Bing cashback and the 10% coupon will stack.

Oh well...lesson learned.

[quote name='elsnerma']Buying 2 of the Millenium Falcon is probably a fair investment if you have the funds, and the patience for the aftermarket value to increase.
[/QUOTE]

True...if only my son felt the same way. :) Unfortunately, he wants to open, build it, and keep it as his play thing....once opened...it loses so much value.

Btw, you guys should still check your TRU stores for those Santa keychains. When they didn't have that free Cars backpack in stock, the guy offered me a bunch of free stuff....gave me a few of the lego keychains, some xbox dvd, and some gaming magazine. He said they had all that free stuff, and now are just trying to get rid of them. This was in the video game checkout though, and ymmv, since TRU is all over the wall.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']True...if only my son felt the same way. :) Unfortunately, he wants to open, build it, and keep it as his play thing....once opened...it loses so much value.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have to side with your son on this :) One is for building, looking at, pointing to and saying "it's minifig scale!... and the other you put away for selling later.

The others on here might have better ideas about where to sell that other falcon, after waiting until they are no longer available anywhere else and the price rockets into the stratosphere, but have you checked out bricklink?

There are better ways to invest your money.

Cutie, did you seriously drop $2000 on Lego sets??? If you've got 2 G's to spend on Legos, why would you care if you got a deal or not?

You might be able to return those at a TRU store if you need too...I know I saw a Flacon at a TRU once that somebody returned from an online purchase. If you can't you could always use it as a coffee table 'cause that's about how big that Falcon is!

[quote name='180husher']There are better ways to invest your money.

Cutie, did you seriously drop $2000 on Lego sets??? If you've got 2 G's to spend on Legos, why would you care if you got a deal or not?

[/QUOTE]

Sob! I really did. It must be my natural female shopping instinct.

I took it out of an account that was just sitting there, but rem, I'm planning on selling 1 of each of what I got, to get back some of the money....was the only way I could do the bogo 50% off.

I'm not worried, but very irritated that there was a better deal....since I'm so cheap. :) I should have ask for opinions first.

I didn't know I could return an online purchase at the TRU b&m store...will keep that in mind.

Btw, Walmart has the Coast Guard Patrol for 30.00 (reg 59.99), plus 15% bing cashback. I think I am just going to say no, and walk away from the computer now. :)

http://www.walmart.com/Lego-City-Patrol-Boat-Tower/ip/10196662

free ship to store.

For those of you with daughters, which Lego sets do little girls like? I'm thinking I should collect good City sets for my daughter for when she gets older. I'm just buying sets when I get them on sale (i.e. Patrol Boat @ Walmart), but I'm thinking she will prefer City to other Lego themes. Personally, I like Castle, Agents, and Star Wars, but I'm not sure she'll feel the same way.

Bingo, when I was a kid, I loved the city sets, and I'm a guy. But you're the parent here, why not give her whatever you want her to have? Maybe she'll fall in love with Star Wars, or Castle, etc. What's wrong with that? Really, nothing. Might be pretty neat!

I've got a four year old daughter who LOVES the new $16 Camper and the $24 4WD with Horse Trailer. Both are nice little sets. LEGO has never been able to crack the girl market, they try from time to time with pink sparkly bricks and oversized figures, but they still haven't done it right. (Paradisa from the mid 90's was probably their best attempt.)

The star wars dropship is also on sale for $200 at target, $50 off.

The lego sets are a better investment at this point, in my opinion. The best I've seen is a 2% interest rate for a 1 year cd. I can almost guarantee you'll make more if you sell the death star in a year.

[quote name='cassidyarch']I've got a four year old daughter who LOVES the new $16 Camper and the $24 4WD with Horse Trailer. Both are nice little sets. LEGO has never been able to crack the girl market, they try from time to time with pink sparkly bricks and oversized figures, but they still haven't done it right. (Paradisa from the mid 90's was probably their best attempt.)[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I just picked up the 4WD Horse Trailer set at TRU with the B1G50% off and $20 in rewards certificates. The other set I got was the Truck & Forklift, which I thought looked really cool and looked like a good value.

I liked and collected City as a kid, but I think I liked it more for the cool airplanes and police units than anything else.

My daughter just turned 8 and she loves the "family" type sets. She likes the camper, the horse trailer, and any and all creator houses. She also can't get enough of those pink buckets as they have lots of pink pieces and such. She also likes the Medieval Market and female Star Wars characters. I think we have 3 Ahsoka minifigs!

That $10 off a $20 toy purchase at Border's this weekend was legit...I picked up the SW Droid Fighter ($20) for $5 after the discount and a $5 reward certificate. Also grabbed Loot Island for $10 by doing a seperate purchase. Cashier had to scan a coupon barcode to activate the sale. I believe it ended today though.

Coast Guard Patrol Boat and Tower is $30 at Walmart in store as I picked one up tonight. Was this an unadvertised Black Friday deal? My store didn't have any of these sets last week and tonite I saw 5 or 6... I scanned it to see if it would come up $30 and it did. They weren't tagged, so hopefully they will get marked down again.

[quote name='encendido5']The star wars dropship is also on sale for $200 at target, $50 off.

The lego sets are a better investment at this point, in my opinion. The best I've seen is a 2% interest rate for a 1 year cd. I can almost guarantee you'll make more if you sell the death star in a year.[/QUOTE]

Not if its still being made. Not if the economy stays slow and Lego over-produces them. I'm not saying you can't make a buck or two flipping Lego sets, just don't kid yourself into thinking they are a viable investment. Usually when someone talks like this they are simply trying to rationalize compulsive overspending. I've got over 8,000 comic books, boxes of sealed Star Wars figures, and other collectible toys...but none of that sh!t is going to put my kids through college!

LoL... Husher man of reason!!!

I ended up buying the Lego Death Star 1 of 2 sets that I still don't have. I'm sure I will find a better deal later on down the road but its the best I've seen.

I'm tempted in buying another dropship, I bought one at the lego store with 30% off, might wait for that again to get the vip points.

FW was talking about the Patrol Boat and someone chimed "Lego's are expensive because they aren't made in China".

Wtf. Doesn't the box state in plain english that China is one of the manufacturers?

And why does all my pick-a-bricks have chinese written all over them???

I hope to find one in stores... hopefully the local one won't be wiped out.

[quote name='encendido5']The star wars dropship is also on sale for $200 at target, $50 off.

The lego sets are a better investment at this point, in my opinion. The best I've seen is a 2% interest rate for a 1 year cd. I can almost guarantee you'll make more if you sell the death star in a year.[/QUOTE]

Back in the 1990s people had the same outlook toward sports cards and comic books, look where those 2 industries are now and how much most of the stuff produced in the 90s has dropped in price...

Yes but Star Wars fans are freaks, so never underestimate how much they will spend on useless garbage.

Yes i'm calling a $500 box of LEGO bricks useless garbage, come and get me! :lol:

Me too, the robot is kick ass.

Sadly brickset.com has news about it, it sounds horribly lame. Plus it will be $3 to $3.50 and that is too much.

Yeah, there's another 4pm deal that has a clue of trax and jet or something like that.

I hope the wife gets home from work early enough to get in on that!!!

[quote name='BingoBrown']For those of you with daughters, which Lego sets do little girls like? I'm thinking I should collect good City sets for my daughter for when she gets older. I'm just buying sets when I get them on sale (i.e. Patrol Boat @ Walmart), but I'm thinking she will prefer City to other Lego themes. Personally, I like Castle, Agents, and Star Wars, but I'm not sure she'll feel the same way.[/QUOTE]

I have a four year old daughter and she really plays with any of them. I started buying them for myself really, so first I got the Castle CHariot, which she played with quite a lot, so then I started buying sets to assemble and play with together. We've done Castles, Pirates, and City and she likes them all. We've asked her grandparents to get her the City farm set for Christmas and I think she'll really like that.
They do have the Belleville sets specifically for little girsl, but she never seemed really thrilled with those when I showed them to her in the store. Then again when she turned four she wanted a pirate party, so she's not just into the 'Princess' stuff.

Also for picking sets to assemble together (depending on age) look for minifigs. When we firts open a box her job is to assemble the minifigs while I start the building, and then I look for pieces that are the same on both sides. I give her one, then say "I'm putting mine right here on this side, you do the other side." Though sometimes she surprises me and works right from the diagram.

Have fun!

[quote name='bigdaddy']HUGE NEWS!

So it seems that next year LEGO will be releasing "booster" packs of minifigure parts and you have to trade and collect them and such.

What's interestign is these seem to be the minifigures...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirdano/4143998411/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddy']Me too, the robot is kick ass.

Sadly brickset.com has news about it, it sounds horribly lame. Plus it will be $3 to $3.50 and that is too much.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's like those capsule japan toys. They will be like crack if they come stateside.

I think 2.50 would be a good price, random amount of pieces though.... I would say 2 even would be the best.

can't wait!

I already know I need at least a few dozen zombies....

[quote name='ackbar7']Looks like the IJ Jungle Cutter and some SW set will be Amazon Lightning Deals today. Will be curious what the prices are.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='skiizim']Yeah, there's another 4pm deal that has a clue of trax and jet or something like that.

I hope the wife gets home from work early enough to get in on that!!![/QUOTE]

I'm a bit lost... I don't see anything like that in the lightning deals, links?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Back in the 1990s people had the same outlook toward sports cards and comic books, look where those 2 industries are now and how much most of the stuff produced in the 90s has dropped in price...[/QUOTE]

Obviously there's risk, just like any other investment, but might as well make the most of it while it's still good.

Anyway, back on topic, I finally picked up the Cafe Corner at the Lego Store and managed to get 2 of the holiday boxes since I was so close to $150. It's not the greatest deal, but figured I should buy it before it sells out.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Are there any stores that still carry the King's Castle Siege?[/QUOTE]

My lego store (Woodbridge, VA) still carries them. TRU is probably your best bet if you don't have one of those stores close to you, or then you just have to use the interweb.

I haven't seen any at either of the two Lego stores I've been to recently and they're sold out online. I haven't seen them at any other B&M stores in a while either since they went on clearance at Walmart.

[quote name='encendido5']I haven't seen any at either of the two Lego stores I've been to recently and they're sold out online. I haven't seen them at any other B&M stores in a while either since they went on clearance at Walmart.[/QUOTE]

I think I seen some at Target, but not recently. I think TRU still had some too.

Other than that, WM hasn't carried them since last Dec.

I don't see any LEGOs listed as deals this afternoon, maybe I'm blind.

And the collectible minifigures will be $3 it seems, that's too much for me. I would want about 14 of the 16 of them and I would need to spend at least $50 to get things I don't know what they are?

The current Castle line is also ending this year to be replaced with "Kingdoms" and a line that seems to be more human vs human.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I don't see any LEGOs listed as deals this afternoon, maybe I'm blind.

And the collectible minifigures will be $3 it seems, that's too much for me. I would want about 14 of the 16 of them and I would need to spend at least $50 to get things I don't know what they are?[/QUOTE]

Change the category to "toys and games"

4pm PST:
Upcoming Deal
Cut into a jungle of savings with this amazing LEGO set. Building this set will be a fun adventure for the whole family.

Upcoming Deal
Make "Trax" and "Jet" into savings with this awesome LEGO set!

5pm PST:
Upcoming Deal
Your Star Wars fans will love this amazing LEGO set.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I don't see any LEGOs listed as deals this afternoon, maybe I'm blind.

And the collectible minifigures will be $3 it seems, that's too much for me. I would want about 14 of the 16 of them and I would need to spend at least $50 to get things I don't know what they are?

The current Castle line is also ending this year to be replaced with "Kingdoms" and a line that seems to be more human vs human.[/QUOTE]

Use skiism's link above and then use the left and right arrows to see upcoming deals.

This forum is the perfect thing for those new collectible minifigs. We can all list what figs we get, which ones we need, and which ones we are willing to trade away. Some of us have already traded/bought/sold with each other;), and the Itrader ratings can help also. I think these things are really going to take off, especially if they are readily available at stores like Target, TRU, and Walmart. Parents won't think twice about throwing a $3 Lego in their kids hands to make them happy...and kids love the freakin' minifigs. And not knowing which minifig you're buying...gambling + Legos = $$$$$$$$$$$.

[quote name='180husher']Use skiism's link above and then use the left and right arrows to see upcoming deals.

This forum is the perfect thing for those new collectible minifigs. We can all list what figs we get, which ones we need, and which ones we are willing to trade away. Some of us have already traded/bought/sold with each other;), and the Itrader ratings can help also. I think these things are really going to take off, especially if they are readily available at stores like Target, TRU, and Walmart. Parents won't think twice about throwing a $3 Lego in their kids hands to make them happy...and kids love the freakin' minifigs. And not knowing which minifig you're buying...gambling + Legos = $$$$$$$$$$$.[/QUOTE]

hmmm Lego could as well screw this up.

we need to have a direct line to whoever they are pitching this too, because giving it to only TRU, which I could see happening, is failure.

Impulse sets never took off and I've only found them at TRU. I just noticed some CITY and S.Police sets at the bigger walmart... just NOW.

I can't pray enough that I hope it is sent to every channel possible, because I don't want to pay a TRU tax and I don't want buy online only.... I really doubt Target will carry them by the buckets if they will. At least not my targets.

I'd gladly put up a lego trade list for ones I'd want though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back