LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='xycury']
:lol: I really don't think you'll see that anywhere... maybe online at TRU for like a month.

I'm going to have to save up... see where I can get a chance to buy it.
[/QUOTE]

Definitely, that's why I hope to get my hands on two. Unfortunately, I don't know how likely I'll be able to pull that off. Especially since everyone and their grandmother want this set.

I like the City stuff myself, but 25% off TRU prices isn't worth it to me. There's a pic in the Sunday ad that shows a few of the new Toy Story and Star Wars sets, too.

fucking LEGO removed my TS3 pictures!

Dear The Green Giant LEGO,

We have received a Notice of Infringement from LEGO
Systems, Inc.
via the Yahoo! Copyright Team and have removed the
following photos from your photostream:

"7789 TS 3"
URL: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9824337@N06/4186494546/
"7596 TS3"
URL: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9824337@N06/4186494518/
"7597 Toy Story"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9824337@N06/4186403720/

Subsequent NOIs filed against your account will result in
further action that may include termination without
warning.

[quote name='xycury']Usually the "Limited Edition" set of City's are usually MSRP at TRU... so it might be worth it for that, but I think most of the "LE" sets are not worth it.

I bought the Pirates one, totally worth it, but the Space Police one? maybe ok.... but Power Miners? No. I don't know about City stuff... maybe the Delivery Plane that's yellow to match the truck would be nice if cheaper.[/QUOTE]
I checked out TRU again today and I can confirm that they've raised the prices on all their 2010 sets across all themes. So, as mentioned earlier, even with the 25% discount, you barely get to MSRP. Not worth it at all.

It's amazing how they think people will come in the masses to purchase LEGO from them.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']I checked out TRU again today and I can confirm that they've raised the prices on all their 2010 sets across all themes. So, as mentioned earlier, even with the 25% discount, you barely get to MSRP. Not worth it at all.

It's amazing how they think people will come in the masses to purchase LEGO from them.[/QUOTE]

It's totally lame. I went today and I can't believe that some sets are over 20% of the original price. Some of the city are so overpriced that even after 25% off the price is higher than the original msrp. what a crock.

They'd have to take 40% just to make me go back in there again. And even then I'm not sure I'd want to deal with trying to figure out if I actually got a deal.

Max

[quote name='bigdaddy']fucking LEGO removed my TS3 pictures![/QUOTE]

I always knew you were some kind of criminal.:lol:

Next Lego makes you dissappear just like those pictures.

No lightning deal today (or yesterday).

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are we still discussing the fact TRU sucks, this isn't news, that's been known for about 10 years no. :lol:

Anyone get in the new LEGO Magazine? Very cool! There are 3D Atlantis pages and will be an Atlantis "movie" on 1-15-10 on Cartoon Network.

Think it will be any better than that Bionicle movie...glad we caught it for free on Cartoon Network because it defintely wasn't worth $15.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']$19 for Separatist Shuttle isn't too bad. I think I'll pick up one. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up for my son.

Watch the video for some more 2010 sets...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Bu...e_Parents_Will_Pay_More_So_Kids_Dont_Miss_Out

When the woman talks near the end you can see the four new Train sets in the background.

[quote name='180husher']I always knew you were some kind of criminal.:lol:

Next Lego makes you dissappear just like those pictures.

No lightning deal today (or yesterday).[/QUOTE]

Interestingly enough I did fuck over LEGO the other day because they fucked over us Americans.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Watch the video for some more 2010 sets...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Bu...e_Parents_Will_Pay_More_So_Kids_Dont_Miss_Out

When the woman talks near the end you can see the four new Train sets in the background.

Interestingly enough I did fuck over LEGO the other day because they fucked over us Americans.[/QUOTE]

I was actually more psyched to see the Wampa cave at the very beginning of the video ... new trains feel a bit meh because I was so impressed by the Emerald Night ... give us more passenger trains LEGO, not all of us want to cart freight around ;-)

ANyone doing the City Advent calender with their kids? It was so nice to open it up last night and say, "Look, honey, you got a serial killer!". Okay, it was a guy with safety glasses and an ax to cut down a Christmas tree, but the safety glasses sure made it look like red psycho-killer eyes, and the ax was, well, an ax.

Overall though my daughter is loving the calender.

(Lumberjack, cty157)

After the first week of opening the Lego Advent calendar, my 8 yr. old daughter asked why we couldn't have gotten the calendar with the chocolates in it. Which is cool with my son as he now gets two of everything.

[quote name='180husher']After the first week of opening the Lego Advent calendar, my 8 yr. old daughter asked why we couldn't have gotten the calendar with the chocolates in it. Which is cool with my son as he now gets two of everything.[/QUOTE]

During the first week I asked mine (4 years old) "Next year should we get another like this or one with chocolates?"

"CHOCOLATES!"

I think she's changed her mind since then, though.

The ones with chocolate are disgusting, even as a kid I couldn't eat it. :lol:

Am I the only one having issues with the Advent Calendar? It's like the cutout parts didn't get cut correctly or something. I'm having problems opening them without ripping the thing apart.

It is a little tough to get them started. It seems like the vertical perforation by the finger hole punch out is bad, but once you get that started the rest is okay. We get them started for her and then let her open it the rest of the way.

Our problem is she puts some of the pieces back in the opening ("That's his house!") and the small pieces fall behind the cardboard into the lower level of the box. A week after doing the Skate Rental Stand we opened a door and were able to retrieve the ice skates again.

I love the description:

This blocks set helps your kids to:
- Enhance practical skill
- Stimulate sense development
- Inspire creating potential
- Cultivate communicating skill

Sounds like this guy should play with his own toys.

[quote name='Halo05']I think I had the actual Lego version of the top little spaceship. It's old, mid 80's I think.[/QUOTE]

I think it's from 1990 to 19996 because it looks familiar to me. I like the fact that the guy is from Space Port, doesn't fit at all. :lol:

The space shuttle is from the ISS Discovery set. Got to "love" the Chinese. :cool:

There are now pictures of the new LEGO Kingdom sets, the new Train sets, and a new theme called World Racers, which is races (cars boats planes) that actually have minifigures. They kind of remind me of a racer theme from the late 90s.

I'm uploading them to Flickr now.

Interesting ... I have to say, the LEGO Castle sets look like a step back, from a historical point. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or not, but these are far more reminiscent of the sets that I grew up with as a kid, than the stuff LEGO put out last year with trolls and skeletons, etc.

Tangent ... Can't wait for the new Slave 1 ... that'll be a day one for me ..

[quote name='etcrane']Interesting ... I have to say, the LEGO Castle sets look like a step back, from a historical point. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or not, but these are far more reminiscent of the sets that I grew up with as a kid, than the stuff LEGO put out last year with trolls and skeletons, etc.

Tangent ... Can't wait for the new Slave 1 ... that'll be a day one for me ..[/QUOTE]
It's a good thing, imo. I've never been big into the castle theme (space ftw), but I absolutely hated the ridiculous armor and weapons all the figures had after the Knights Kingdom 1 line... the Dragon Masters, Lion Knights, and Woodsmen were always the best castle sets.

And the Slave 1 remake does look pretty slick; Boba Fett w/ cape, a new Han minifig, and a Bossk minifig? Very interesting... might have to get in on the new Hoth set myself; I've always dug the snowspeeder models, but the Wampa figure makes it for me.

Target started their christmas toy clearance TODAY. I visited 4 different stores and basically only got one set from each store as they are nearly wiped out. I got all for 30% off:

Brickbeard's Bounty 207-00-0026 for $69.98
Crystal Sweeper 207-00-0839 for $49.98
SW Republic Tank 207-00-0582 for $33.58
Crystal King 207-00-0234 for $13.98

Also saw but didn't buy...Troll Boat, SW Tank (with Yoda), SW V-Torrent, and some other smaller sets.

Merry Christmas everybody!

[quote name='bigdaddy']
Here you go, I'm loving the Castle sets....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9824337@N06/[/QUOTE]

Well, I like the new Castle sets, but I'm a little disappointed that we never got elves for the Fantasy Castle line (which I really liked). The new Castle sets are definitely a throwback to the 80s, which is cool, because that was a line that I loved back in the 80s.

If World Racers is the replacement for Agents, then it's a big fail for me. They don't look all that bad, but not on par with what Agents had to offer.

[quote name='180husher']Target started their christmas toy clearance TODAY. I visited 4 different stores and basically only got one set from each store as they are nearly wiped out. I got all for 30% off:

Also saw but didn't buy...Troll Boat, SW Tank (with Yoda), SW V-Torrent, and some other smaller sets.

Merry Christmas everybody![/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you missed out on Amazon's Clearence of the Crystal Sweeper for a lightning deal @ 35?

I picked up Bounty at Tru for 73 after tax that one time...

The Crystal King would be nice for 14, I wouldn't mind picking up another.

I can't beleive they still have the Troll Boat, isn't that from 2007?

[quote name='xycury']I'm guessing you missed out on Amazon's Clearence of the Crystal Sweeper for a lightning deal @ 35?

I picked up Bounty at Tru for 73 after tax that one time...

The Crystal King would be nice for 14, I wouldn't mind picking up another.

I can't beleive they still have the Troll Boat, isn't that from 2007?[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I'll be getting them at 75% off.;)

[quote name='voidedx']Yeah, LEGO needs to bring in the elves and/or forestmen to current in sets.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I don't understand the need for a completely new castle line. They couldn't just add new human fraction to the current line along with elves?

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yeah he fucks over Target almost to the point that it's almost illegal.[/QUOTE]

So says the guy who has Lego lawyers chomping at his heels.:applause:

[quote name='180husher']So says the guy who has Lego lawyers chomping at his heels.:applause:[/QUOTE]

Now, now kids. It's Christmas Day. Peace on Earth and all that jazz.
:D

[quote name='180husher']So says the guy who has Lego lawyers chomping at his heels.:applause:[/QUOTE]

Oh yes because I posted three pictures LEGO didn't want released, that I will be re-posting soon. fuck them. You are literally screwing over LEGO and Target, LEGO just is paraniod.

fuck Christmas and peace and all that shit, Jesus wasn't born today!

I just got the Star Wars Lego Visual Dictionary. Very sexy book if you like the SW legos. I can't afford all of the sets but at least I can properly ogle them.

Merry Xmas everyone....we went to legoland yesterday. Deals on tickets worked out well. Used a coupon from the mag (buy an adult, get child free), and bought another adult tic for me (used 5.00 coupon). Then, they have a promo, where you show your ticket, and they give u another tic for your next visit, plus free tic to that aquarium....we'll just use our free brickmaster to get the kid in next time too. So, it wasn't bad....like 130 for everything and parking, plus tax, 2 days of legoland and aquarium.

The lego store at legoland had a lot of the new Star Wars sets. They are also giving away a Chrome Darth vader (1 in every 9 boxes) with that new Tie Defender thing that's 49.99 or 59.99.

Nothing else I saw remarkable, but we all had a lot of fun!

[quote name='180husher']Target started their christmas toy clearance TODAY. I visited 4 different stores and basically only got one set from each store as they are nearly wiped out. I got all for 30% off:

Merry Christmas everybody![/QUOTE]
I cam confirm that some LEGOs are on clearance at my local Targets. Went yesterday and saw some of the smaller City sets left (poilice car, police helicopter, small town car and some small Power Miners sets.

I checked out 3 Targets yesterday and their shelves are pretty much empty.

Yeah, I hadn't intended to go to that many Targets yesterday, but after I saw that the first one had started their toy clearance I made the trip a little longer. Actually, putting them on clearance on xmas eve was a smart way to move out the last of the lego sets since there weren't that many left to begin with.

[quote name='Halo05']I just got the Star Wars Lego Visual Dictionary. Very sexy book if you like the SW legos. I can't afford all of the sets but at least I can properly ogle them.[/QUOTE]

Yep, got that, too. Very nice. I haven't been into Legos in quite some time, but I do like Star Wars, so it looked like a nice addition. That being said, I helped my nephew put together some SpongeBob set together today, and damn, now I wanna run out and buy a shit load of Legos lol.

Merry Christmas to me!

52342163.jpg
4216943632_bdfc619bec.jpg

My wife busted her ass to get me Cafe Corner. She knew it had been discontinued, and by the time she had the money to get it, it was sold out everywhere online. But she found out the Atlanta LEGO outlet had a couple, and was able to nab one there without paying jacked up eBay and Amazon Marketplace prices. They also gave her a free pick-a-brick box that I get to use next time we're there PLUS she got us LEGO Store VIP memberships. I love that gal of mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tybee']Merry Christmas to me!

52342163.jpg

My wife They also gave her a free pick-a-brick box that I get to use next time we're there PLUS she got us LEGO Store VIP memberships. I love that gal of mine.[/QUOTE]

Well good for you on the Cafe Corner, but The free PAB box was given to anyone who made a $75 purchase at the LEGO store for the months of November and December while supplies last. The VIP memberships were free and anyone can join.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back