LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have to pick it up if it is still at the walmart next time I am there. It has been there for over a month now, I am willing to bet now that I am considering it, it will be gone :roll:.

[quote name='postureking']That was 6755-Sheriff's Lock-up. I still have that set and think it is in m top 3 favorite sets ever.[/QUOTE]
They should bring back the western sets. I like the bandits minifigs!

[quote name='JAYMATIK']They should bring back the western sets. I like the bandits minifigs![/QUOTE]

As much as I'd like to see them too, I don't think "western" themed toys are relavant to kids today. Best bet would be to hope the collectible minifig sets come out with something.

[quote name='elsnerma']My local Kmart added some sets to their clearance since they just now got 2010 sets in. The clearanced sets were Star Wars Rogue Shadow, Agents River Heist, some Bionicle, and City Minifigure collections, each for around 20% off retail.

Not the greatest deal, but KMart sometimes have their 20/50% off all clearance sets sale, so if your store has sets, you may want to check back every Sunday or so to run a price check.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen the Rogue Shadow set in a store in over a year and I'm willing to bet its closer to two years!

[quote name='gunm']I have no issues with the treads, but I use them on carpet.

Also, I stopped by our official lego store today and saw that they still had a lot of clearance items left. Most weren't particularly great deals or very desirable sets, but I ended up getting a IJ Kingdom of the Crystal Skull set 7625 for about $11 (50% of list, but yes things are priced higher over here in Hawaii). They had mostly IJ and Power Miners, but they also had Dwarf, Troll, and Pirate minifig packs for 25% off (still too high for me). Do they continue to mark down red tag items if they don't sell?[/QUOTE]

They can, but no promises. My store had a ton of the General Grievous sets last year that went from 30% off to 50% off. But when S@H marked them down even more the store didn't. The manager did price match the website though.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']They should bring back the western sets. I like the bandits minifigs![/QUOTE]

As much as I'd like to see them too, I don't think "western" themed toys are relavant to kids today. Best bet would be to hope the collectible minifig sets come out with something.

[quote name='180husher']
As much as I'd like to see them too, I don't think "western" themed toys are relavant to kids today. Best bet would be to hope the collectible minifig sets come out with something.[/QUOTE]

I agree, the first year of Western was awesome when it was Cowboys vs bad guys, they then added the Indians and the theme fell apart. It's a very American theme and I doubt it sells that well in other parts.

The best bet is to buy the Toy Story set, it's only $50. Sell the guys off and then buy some Western minifigures. Plus I think there is one Western guy in the first collectible series.

Some minifigures from Series 2...

http://www.spieletest.at/pics/bericht/775/lego32.JPG

New skis seem pointless to me. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank with for the pic bigdaddy. King Leonidas vs. Dracula...or American Idol Contestant vs. Mariachi Band Player. Which ones will everyone want?

Here are the rest of the pictures from the German Toy Fair.

http://spieletest.at/pics/bericht/775/lego28.JPG

Next weekend (I think) we will see the NYC Toy Fair, which will have the TRU poll winner from last year and I have a feeling something big for the summer City sets. I'm guessing LEGO City Zoo. We haven't seen any LEGO City sets for the summer, I think Trains is it's own thing, so it has to be something cool if they are saving it for the NYC fair.

http://spieletest.at/pics/bericht/775/lego28.JPG

The castle looks rather poor. It looks like an improved version of the last castle we got and msot bought for $50. :lol: The thing looks nice, but there isn't anythnig special about it. I can probably make something close to that using just the pieces from the last castle. Plus the red... it's too 80s, it should be dark red.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I might have to pick it up if it is still at the walmart next time I am there. It has been there for over a month now, I am willing to bet now that I am considering it, it will be gone :roll:.[/QUOTE]

Well I was right. I was at walmart today and looked. It was gone. I hesitated and I lost.

[quote name='encendido5']Do you guys do MOC's or just build the sets you buy? I want to start building MOC's, but I don't think I'm creative enough.[/QUOTE]

Wow, really? I just assumed all of the frequent posters here were big MOCers. No? To me as an adult without kids that is 95% of the fun of LEGO. Without creative building it seems like it would mostly just be costly toy collecting. Anyway, any of you who don't do MOCs owe it to yourselves to start. You're missing out on most of the fun!

I am late to the party and perhaps this is already being done or was tried in the past, but is there interest on this board in a monthly CAG MOC friendly competition? The idea would be that each month a particular set is chosen (one that is in circulation and readily available online and locally) and then each participant has one month to build the best possible MOC (as judged by the rest of the board) using only the pieces in that set? There wouldn't even need to be prizes; it would just be fun and a good way for non-MOCers to get their creative juices flowing. It could be fun if there were at least 5-10 people participating.

As for getting started with MOCs, I recommend investing in a couple Creator sets as they have the most consistently creative uses for common pieces, and some of the most interesting constructions. Build them slowly and pay close attention to the design choices and construction order, and think about modifications (what you would do differently). Also download and look at manuals for Creator sets that you don't have. These are how I got started, anyway.

I was just going to post that!

It's not, it's $150, why wouldn't it be? It's for pre-order at S@H.

Interesting it seems LEGO "added" some more sale things and lowered the price of sold out ideas.

[quote name='illennium']I am late to the party and perhaps this is already being done or was tried in the past, but is there interest on this board in a monthly CAG MOC friendly competition? The idea would be that each month a particular set is chosen (one that is in circulation and readily available online and locally) and then each participant has one month to build the best possible MOC (as judged by the rest of the board) using only the pieces in that set? There wouldn't even need to be prizes; it would just be fun and a good way for non-MOCers to get their creative juices flowing. It could be fun if there were at least 5-10 people participating.

As for getting started with MOCs, I recommend investing in a couple Creator sets as they have the most consistently creative uses for common pieces, and some of the most interesting constructions. Build them slowly and pay close attention to the design choices and construction order, and think about modifications (what you would do differently). Also download and look at manuals for Creator sets that you don't have. These are how I got started, anyway.[/QUOTE]

I think having a contest would be an excellent idea. It would definitely give me a reason to set aside some time to start building different things.

Thanks for the tips. I have a few creator sets, both big and small, but haven't had time to build all the models out of them. I'll have to get on that :)

[quote name='illennium']Wow, really? I just assumed all of the frequent posters here were big MOCers. No? To me as an adult without kids that is 95% of the fun of LEGO. Without creative building it seems like it would mostly just be costly toy collecting. Anyway, any of you who don't do MOCs owe it to yourselves to start. You're missing out on most of the fun!

I am late to the party and perhaps this is already being done or was tried in the past, but is there interest on this board in a monthly CAG MOC friendly competition? The idea would be that each month a particular set is chosen (one that is in circulation and readily available online and locally) and then each participant has one month to build the best possible MOC (as judged by the rest of the board) using only the pieces in that set? There wouldn't even need to be prizes; it would just be fun and a good way for non-MOCers to get their creative juices flowing. It could be fun if there were at least 5-10 people participating.

As for getting started with MOCs, I recommend investing in a couple Creator sets as they have the most consistently creative uses for common pieces, and some of the most interesting constructions. Build them slowly and pay close attention to the design choices and construction order, and think about modifications (what you would do differently). Also download and look at manuals for Creator sets that you don't have. These are how I got started, anyway.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='encendido5']I think having a contest would be an excellent idea. It would definitely give me a reason to set aside some time to start building different things.

Thanks for the tips. I have a few creator sets, both big and small, but haven't had time to build all the models out of them. I'll have to get on that :)[/QUOTE]

I think we'd want a theme, not everyone has every set, so we couldn't say make a varient MOC out of Creator set #XXXX.

Themes usually work the best.

So I'll jump in... should we pick a theme?

[quote name='xycury']I think we'd want a theme, not everyone has every set, so we couldn't say make a varient MOC out of Creator set #XXXX.

Themes usually work the best.

So I'll jump in... should we pick a theme?[/QUOTE]

I am fine with whatever the majority of interested participants want to do. I don't have many full sets at all since I mostly buy part lots on eBay and build with those. So I'll likely have to end up buying whatever set/theme we go with anyway, which is fine. I currently have my eye on the Apple Tree House as an upcoming purchase:

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4567217-...e=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1265643475&sr=8-1

The reason I thought going with a particular set would be good in this context is that it would help people get better at MOC'ing. You spend a couple weeks thinking about how to use the pieces and building, and then you see what other people did with those exact pieces, and you learn from their techniques.

That said, I agree that the barrier to entry is lower if we just do themes. So, whatever works. :)

B058 5 off 20

I just picked up an Atlantis set I could not find and 2 blue baseplates for just MSRP.

No Tax because no store :( and the code gave me "free shipping"

Might be handy to anyone that doesn't have a lego store in their state.

I probably should have waited to pick up all my impulse sets at TRU... oh well.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I was just going to post that!

It's not, it's $150, why wouldn't it be? It's for pre-order at S@H.

Interesting it seems LEGO "added" some more sale things and lowered the price of sold out ideas.[/QUOTE]

That Beetle for $60 might be a nice find...if you like blue pieces.

There was 36 sale ideas two days ago, and 40 yesterday. LEGO adds things that are sold out and no one can buy, it's very odd. :lol:

Just got my 4 random Lego sets.

0000175.jpg

Set numbers and retail price, left to right, top then bottom:
4869 $4
8641 $4
4337 $3.5
4338 $3.5

What really surprised me is that the total adds up to exactly $15. I knew the $60 value was a blatant lie, but I honestly didn't expect them to charge what the retail for them was. The little hot rod is pretty cool if only for the grille and the blower.

On a slightly more positive note, I was finally able to grab the 7733 set for only 3 dollars above retail, unfortunately the 8 dollar shipping brought the total to nearly $37 dollars. Still a good bit cheaper than what they're going for on eBay.

The 8092 Luke's Landspeeder set seems to be hard to find in certain parts. I bought the last two at my Walmart and sold Obi Wan, Luke, R2, and 3PO for $30(!) on Amazon. So basically I get to keep the parts and the Sand Trooper for free :D

Anybody want the manual? :lol:

[quote name='encendido5']The 8092 Luke's Landspeeder set seems to be hard to find in certain parts. I bought the last two at my Walmart and sold Obi Wan, Luke, R2, and 3PO for $30(!) on Amazon. So basically I get to keep the parts and the Sand Trooper for free :D

Anybody want the manual? :lol:[/QUOTE]

God bless stupid Star Wars fans! :lol:

[quote name='DillDough']snip[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post, that was some pretty quick shipping. Wonder if mine will be coming today.

I'll post back on what I get. those xpods are neat, I don't have those two, but the bioncle oh well... Racers is nice, few good pieces.

I'm hoping for the same! :bouncy:

[quote name='DillDough']Just got my 4 random Lego sets.

Set numbers and retail price, left to right, top then bottom:
4869 $4
8641 $4
4337 $3.5
4338 $3.5

What really surprised me is that the total adds up to exactly $15. I knew the $60 value was a blatant lie, but I honestly didn't expect them to charge what the retail for them was. The little hot rod is pretty cool if only for the grille and the blower.[/QUOTE]

Geez, they really pinched you, huh? Oh, well.

[quote name='encendido5']The 8092 Luke's Landspeeder set seems to be hard to find in certain parts. I bought the last two at my Walmart and sold Obi Wan, Luke, R2, and 3PO for $30(!) on Amazon. So basically I get to keep the parts and the Sand Trooper for free :D[/QUOTE]

I buy LEGO lots on eBay. Most sellers are pretty sophisticated and know how to list their lots to maximize profits (e.g., show all of the minifigs, split the really rare items into separate auctions, etc.). However, I lucked out with one of my lots that I bought late last year. The seller essentially advertised it as a big box of LEGO with a couple Star Wars sets. I won the auction, and the lot turned out to have 60+ Star Wars minifigs, several complete OOP sets, etc. I have been planning to sell off the Star Wars stuff and keep the rest of the lot, although I haven't yet gotten around to it. I estimate I can make around $500, and the whole lot only cost me $70.

[quote name='illennium']I buy LEGO lots on eBay. Most sellers are pretty sophisticated and know how to list their lots to maximize profits (e.g., show all of the minifigs, split the really rare items into separate auctions, etc.). However, I lucked out with one of my lots that I bought late last year. The seller essentially advertised it as a big box of LEGO with a couple Star Wars sets. I won the auction, and the lot turned out to have 60+ Star Wars minifigs, several complete OOP sets, etc. I have been planning to sell off the Star Wars stuff and keep the rest of the lot, although I haven't yet gotten around to it. I estimate I can make around $500, and the whole lot only cost me $70.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty awesome. I've done some searching here and there, but haven't made a purchase yet. It's amazing how crazy people go over these little bricks.

I missed out on a huge lot of 200 pounds for $100 on craigslist. The lady emailed me back to tell me it was gone only a couple of hours later.

Now if only the money I made selling outweighed the money I spent... :lol:

My order fron Shnoop already came as well, but I had it delivered to a different address and can't pick it up till this weekend at the earliest.

From what I've seen, I'll be pretty happy with my order as long as it only has one Bionicle in it...the Xpods and Racers are pretty good, and I wasn't into Lego when they were available.

Also picked up Troll's Mountain Fortress at Target for 30% off...$69.99. I felt guilty buying it knowing I'm going to be buying Grand Emporium here soon...I'll just have to pack my lunch to work for a few weeks, and I won't feel as bad :whistle2:D

[quote name='encendido5']The 8092 Luke's Landspeeder set seems to be hard to find in certain parts. I bought the last two at my Walmart and sold Obi Wan, Luke, R2, and 3PO for $30(!) on Amazon. So basically I get to keep the parts and the Sand Trooper for free :D

Anybody want the manual? :lol:[/QUOTE]
I've only found 1 at a local Walmart. LEGO has it backordered until April and my local LEGO store has a call list of at least 10 people waiting on one.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']I've only found 1 at a local Walmart. LEGO has it backordered until April and my local LEGO store has a call list of at least 10 people waiting on one.[/QUOTE]

My local Walmart sells through and restocks regularly...just can't pull the trigger for $25 myself though.

Shnoop order came today... kinda bummed.

got 2 alien xpods
1 lame racers, the Monster Crusher, kinda like a monster truck but car shaped.
and a brown bionicle.

well at least I did get a set I wanted, just two of them. I would have liked any other xpod.

[quote name='gunm'][/QUOTE]

Yes, they are stupid and it seems not able to be happy.

$40 for the cave thing is an amazing deal! There is a land speeder for $25, the other creature set for $25 that only has 175 pieces. Now there is a snow speeder and a a little playset for $40!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']$40 for the Wampa Cave?! That's sick. It was something I was definitely interested in, but that's crazy.[/QUOTE]

I dont think thats that bad a price. Considering the amount of figures it comes with, the cave itself, and a Snowspeeder (which was initially $20 when it was released way back when) it seems about average.

[quote name='mediviper']Snowspeeder (which was initially $20 when it was released way back when) it seems about average.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. With the new price increases the Snow Speeder by itself would probably be $25, the new guy is $5 and the cave is $10, not bad at all.

If anyone is awake the IJ minifigure magnet set is $4 at S@H. If they wereN'T cheap China minifigures and shipping wasn't more than the cost of the "set" I'd buy one.

[quote name='bigdaddy']If anyone is awake the IJ minifigure magnet set is $4 at S@H. If they were cheap China minifigures and shipping wasn't more than the cost of the "set" I'd buy one.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad deal. But yeah shipping tends to kills these deals.

[quote name='mediviper']Not a bad deal. But yeah shipping tends to kills these deals.[/QUOTE]
Good deal to me... especially when I get easily get it at my local LEGO store that's less than 2 miles away from me. :D

Noticed the new Emporium set is showing up at LEGO stores in the back room, I guess the sell date is set for late February or early March, anyone know a more specific release date for the set?

March 3 last I heard.

I saw a beaten up Agents 2.0 $50 Godzilla like robot mech thing at K-Mart for $28. I didn't buy it because I didn't feel like carrying it, long story.

Lego Store@Ontario,CA is having another one of there big 30% off sales for presidents day.

Scored a few Duplo sets for my daughter, Tantive IV, Republic Dropship wiht At-Ot, Venator and a Typhoon Turbo Sub all 30% off.

TRU has a couple of sets at 20% off this week, you can check the weekly ad online at their website to see which ones. I remember some fire sets, a couple of SW, and some Toy Story ones.

[quote name='180husher']TRU has a couple of sets at 20% off this week, you can check the weekly ad online at their website to see which ones. I remember some fire sets, a couple of SW, and some Toy Story ones.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping the army men set would be included, unfortunately it isn't.

The army mean are about 25%-29% overprices anyways, it's $15 for a $11 set. 20% off is still $1 too much.

Pics...

http://toyfair2010.figures.com/showgallery.php/cat/534

Nothing special, some Harry Potter and World Racers, both are horribly designed to me.

Still no special TRU City set, maybe that will be shown tomorrow. The Toy Story 3 sets aren't up yet and some great news... for TRU....

The Impulse sets are now $4! $4 for 16 fucknig pieces!!!!!!!
http://toyfair2010.figures.com/showphoto.php/photo/733

A new collectible concept delivers 32 never-before-seen LEGO Minifigures in blind packaging so LEGO fans can build their populations ($1.99 each).

$2? Yeah right! They must be the shity Chinese LEGOs.

I haven't had any problems with any of the Chinese figs I have, other than my Toy Story alien that has a loose head.

I'd wait until we actually have these in our hands to judge quality. I'm not gonna write these off just because they are from China, especially at only $2.00.

As for the Farmer impulse being $3.99, it could be a TRU & Lego Store exclusive like the other Farm sets, and those tend to have a higher price as it is.

well it seems that by the pics they look fine. colors look good.

I don't know if I'd say to hell with them.

If they stay at $2, it'll sell like hotcakes... I'd be more worried that they are so cheap that hoarders willl buy them alllll up.

I guess the $30 for the Landspeeder minifigs was too good to be true. The lady is claiming she did not receive what she ordered even though it was clearly specified in the listing. She filed an A-Z claim on me. Hopefully, Amazon doesn't take money out of my account and let her keep the minifigs :bomb:

[quote name='encendido5']I guess the $30 for the Landspeeder minifigs was too good to be true. The lady is claiming she did not receive what she ordered even though it was clearly specified in the listing. She filed an A-Z claim on me. Hopefully, Amazon doesn't take money out of my account and let her keep the minifigs :bomb:[/QUOTE]

did she think she ordered the entire set?

And amazon will most likely side with her :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back