LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up. One thing that's lame is that it seems to only work for a 2 item order. Trying to order 4 items, I only get 50% off 1 item. Anybody able to get the promo working for every other item on a cart with more than 2 items?

Edit: Also, it's free shipping over $100 (up to $25)--that's nice since it works to me in Hawaii (a rarity).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SpoDaddy']I could order two Millennium Falcons for $750, ebay one and end up with the other one for around $250![/QUOTE]

Oh devil why do you tempt me so?

Except the Millennium Falcon is currently out of stock ... hmmmm .... too bad there isn't a nice set that compliments the Fire Brigade set and is around the same price. I guess I could order 2 and sell one ... hmmmm ... not sure ... not entirely feeling the Fire Brigade set 100% anyway. Anyone have thoughts on it?

[quote name='gunm']Thanks for the heads up. One that's lame is that it seems to only work for a 2 item order. Trying to order 4 items, I only get 50% off 1 item. Anybody able to get the promo working for every other item on a cart with more than 2 items?

Edit: Also, it's free shipping over $100 (up to $25)--that's nice since it works to me in Hawaii (a rarity).[/QUOTE]

Just order two and then put in another order for another two. That's what I did with the Green Grocers, ordered four in total, and just got confirmation for both the orders, so everything should be fine.

[quote name='DillDough']Just order two and then put in another order for another two. That's what I did with the Green Grocers, ordered four in total, and just got confirmation for both the orders, so everything should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Because everyone needs 4 Green Grocers ... :roll:

Yes, that's what I did. How was shipping for each? It'd be nice to do Green Grocer and Fire Brigade, but I'm afraid the shipping will be way more than $25 (for me at least).

Ectrane, he wasn't saying to buy 4, that's just what he did--he was basically saying to make multiple orders of two. I'm sure he has his reasons for that, however crazy it seems to us.

[quote name='etcrane']Because everyone needs 4 Green Grocers ... :roll:[/QUOTE]
I don't see why it wouldn't work any other way. Two most expensive sets in first order, and two cheaper sets in second order.

[quote name='gunm']Yes, that's what I did. How was shipping for each? It'd be nice to do Green Grocer and Fire Brigade, but I'm afraid the shipping will be way more than $25 (for me at least). [/QUOTE]

Shipping was estimated at roughly $13 for each order, but I live in the contiguous US.

[quote name='gunm']
Ectrane, he wasn't saying to buy 4, that's just what he did--he was basically saying to make multiple orders of two. I'm sure he has his reasons for that, however crazy it seems to us. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, two for keeps and two for sale once the set is discontinued. Although, in all honestly, I would not mind keeping all four, but two will suffice.

Dang, everybody bought Green Grocer (unless there were only 4 in stock and DillDough bought 'em all)--it's sold out already.

Yeah ... it's sold out and it's because of people like DillDough ... that was my point ... not in regards to how to get the deal twice.

Not calling out DillDough as the only one who does this, but anything more than 2 seems a bit excessive/greedy in my eyes ... I can understand wanting to sell one back to make a profit or break even, but it's folks that buy out stock on these sets during deals and deprive others of the deal that just piss me off in general. Sure it's first come, first serve ... but I like to think that most LEGO users will leave something for their fellow community members, and you know people are out there who buy 6 or 10 of these sets, all for the purpose of resale and scalping after they are discontinued.

Emerald Night is already sold out, too. I would imagine the Grand Carousel and Taj Mahal are next to go.

I'm glad I stayed up, though.

I was about to go to sleep, but just realized the TRU sale. You know what's interesting. When I checked TRU last night, the Green Grocer was already out of stock, so did it become available again within 24 hours in time for this sale? Hm. Weird.

I bought 2 Fire Brigades since there wasn't anything else that I was interested in to match that price.
I would have added the blue base plates, but it's stupid how TRU doesn't let you stack all the items under one transaction. I'm not even going to bother doing multiple transactions. I guess TRU tomorrow morning!

Yeah, I wish TRU would limit the number of sets per household to give everyone as best a shot as possible at getting what they want.

Green Grocer was in stock when I checked last, but who knows how many they had available? It would've been nice to get Green Grocer and Fire Brigade for $100 each (more or less), but I always hesitate when dealing with that kind of money on just "entertainment" items. I put myself on email alert for it, so if it does happen to come back, I'll try and grab it if both that and Fire Brigade are available during this sale (doubtful).

[quote name='etcrane']Yeah ... it's sold out and it's because of people like DillDough ... that was my point ... not in regards to how to get the deal twice.

Not calling out DillDough as the only one who does this, but anything more than 2 seems a bit excessive/greedy in my eyes ... I can understand wanting to sell one back to make a profit or break even, but it's folks that buy out stock on these sets during deals and deprive others of the deal that just piss me off in general. Sure it's first come, first serve ... but I like to think that most LEGO users will leave something for their fellow community members, and you know people are out there who buy 6 or 10 of these sets, all for the purpose of resale and scalping after they are discontinued.[/QUOTE]

If it means anything, this is the first time I've done this. The only thing that came remotely close to this is when I ordered three Emerald Nights before Christmas. I sold the one I got from Amazon as it was more expensive, and came in first, and kept the two I got from Target.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']I was about to go to sleep, but just realized the TRU sale. You know what's interesting. When I checked TRU last night, the Green Grocer was already out of stock, so did it become available again within 24 hours in time for this sale? Hm. Weird. [/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the set came back in stock around the 20th. I remember originally checking out the TRU website when this sale was posted here and it was sold out, but then a couple days later I checked again and it was back in stock. I was actually afraid it might be sold out again before the sale starts since no one but S@H had it in stock.

I just wish this sale was in mid to late March, as I'd love to grab Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium in one shot. I've got some Lego Store credit saved up though, so I'll probably just go that route and skip Fire Brigade for now as I'm not 100% sold on it.

[quote name='DillDough']If it means anything, this is the first time I've done this. The only thing that came remotely close to this is when I ordered three Emerald Nights before Christmas. I sold the one I got from Amazon as it was more expensive, and came in first, and kept the two I got from Target.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I didn't mean for it to seem like I was calling you out ... I've done some stuff like that on certain sales here on CAG. You've got to take advantage of a deal when you see it, I just get out my crate and start preaching from it whenever stuff sells out really fast and it has to be from a small number of people buying it out (I mean, sure it's possible these LEGO sets could all be selling out because a thousand people each immediately ordered one ... but I have a feeling with no limits on the TRU site, that hoarders probably moved in immediately). I guess limits on the TRU site would help, of course I say that now and then if they ever implement it and it's suddenly 1 per customer, I'll probably bitch about that too. ;)

I don't think it's as much hoarding as a small amount of sets available. In early January, Target and S@H were the only places that still had the sets available. By late January, Target was sold out and pulled the set from its website completely.

It seems that TRU just found a few, less than 50 I would wager, Green Grocers they had laying around and decided to pawn them off before and during the sale. S@H will probably pull the set either right before, or shortly after the Grand Emporium is released.

[quote name='gunm']Hm, if Green Grocer does go bye bye next month, maybe I can catch it on clearance in the Lego store or S@H.[/QUOTE]

Somewhat doubtful, I haven't seen Green Grocer at the 2 local LEGO stores for a few months ... though I haven't gone as often lately so it may come in and then sell out. As far as I can tell, it's been replaced by the Fire Brigade and Carousel sets ... oh and the large ship too ... kinda doubt it will see a clearance, but then nothing is certain I suppose.

Doesn't TRU usually have another lego sale around Easter? I can't find anything to get with the Fire Brigade, but would love to get the Emporium with it.

Speaking of Emporium, I just read LEGO is actually releasing it on Monday...I don't know when TRU is supposed to get it, though...

[quote name='180husher']You guys and your Lego doll houses...just crazy.[/QUOTE]

Now you sound like bigdaddy talking about Star Wars

[quote name='gunm']Speaking of Emporium, I just read LEGO is actually releasing it on Monday...I don't know when TRU is supposed to get it, though...[/QUOTE]
Confirmed. The LEGO stores by me already had them in for a week or so. but I'm going to wait to earn more credit.

[quote name='encendido5']Now you sound like bigdaddy talking about Star Wars[/QUOTE]
:lol:

On a side note. I was at the LEGO store at they released 2 new SW magnet sets. One has Paploo Ewok, Scout Trooper and Han Solo. The other one had Chancellor Palpatine, Nute Gunray & Onaconda Farr. There were also 2 SW magnet sets clearanced to $9.98 - One with Darth Maul and the othe with the Snow Trooper, which now shows on S@H clearance.

[quote name='JokerCard']Im super excited because I found out that the Roosevelt Fields Mall is getting a Lego store![/QUOTE]

wow that is very exciting! Where did you hear this and do you know when?

I'm seriously thinking of getting GE, yes. I'm kind of hoping it'll show up on TRU.com for the B1G150%, although all the big stuff is pretty much OOS right now. :p

They added the new Lego games to the TRU website and they show up as in stock. But when you add them to your cart, it says they've adjusted the quantity of your order due to high demand...the quantity is adjusted to ZERO. So they are in stock, but also not in stock.

Nice ... anyone know if the new Lego games going to be in the LEGO Store tomorrow as well? (Sorry, asking a random LEGO question to take my mind off the fact that someone in the main game deals forum just ruined the ending to Heavy Rain ... asshat)

The new lego board games are already available through S@H so they could very well be in stores this week, if they haven't been released already. I'd just call the individual store.

If you do a search in the S@H part of the site, some of them will come up at the end...Minotaurus, Pirate Code, and Lava Dragon are the available ones at the moment.

Cool thanks ... some of those games look pretty sweet. I'm guessing they released last year in some other countries given the reviews. Anyone play any of them? Which ones are the most fun or worth the price ... I'm leaning towards LEGO Creationary ... but that's just me.

I just got an email saying TRU has free shipping on everything *except video game consoles. Might be good to combine that with the b1g50% off.

[quote name='encendido5']I just got an email saying TRU has free shipping on everything *except video game consoles. Might be good to combine that with the b1g50% off.[/QUOTE]

CORRECTION! Anything more than $25 per item.... I tried ording something for 26 + another 26, and the lego set dropped to 13 and it won't have free shipping, they are charging 3.47 for it.

Plus tax.. it'll almost be not worth it.

piece of shit TRU.

After all taxes and shipping, I'll get a savings of $2 per set... fuck.

I wouldn't be pist at all if they would have something more, but all the newer sets aren't out yet.

If I could find something $20 it would be fine, but I don't want to of the same set yet.

[quote name='encendido5']Now you sound like bigdaddy talking about Star Wars[/QUOTE]

However Star Wars sets are insanely overpriced pieces of shit. If they made a Star Wars set like CC it would cost twice as much.

[quote name='bigdaddy']However Star Wars sets are insanely overpriced pieces of shit. If they made a Star Wars set like CC it would cost twice as much.[/QUOTE]

*cough*deathstar*cough*

To be fair, some of the models are quite well done. Obviously, the SW license does not come cheap.

Edit: I'm wondering if I should just bite the bullet on Green Grocer now via S@H or if I should wait for a further price reduction. There's a very small chance it could show up before the end of the TRU sale this week, but highly doubtful. I should've just gotten GG and Fire Brigade immediately the first hours of the sale. :/

[quote name='gunm']To be fair, some of the models are quite well done. Obviously, the SW license does not come cheap.

Edit: I'm wondering if I should just bite the bullet on Green Grocer now via S@H or if I should wait for a further price reduction. There's a very small chance it could show up before the end of the TRU sale this week, but highly doubtful. I should've just gotten GG and Fire Brigade immediately the first hours of the sale. :/[/QUOTE]

GG is probably my favorite LEGO set to date, it's the best of the Modular units (well, as far as I can say until I've built GE). There are some sets that are worth the risk of waiting for a drop, simply because they aren't worth the full price ... I personally don't feel GG is one of those sets. It exceeded my expectations and it's one of the few sets that I've built and haven't put away, even after months of having it up and out on display.

If you're into the more "adult" LEGO sets, it's definitely a must have imo ... so not trying to tell you what to do, as it may go on sale for less at some point ... but it could also disappear, and frankly it's one hell of a set to miss out on if you have the means to pick it up. Just my 2 cents ...

Thanks for the feedback etcrane. I agree, I don't want to miss out on this set as once it's gone, it'll be really expensive in the grey market I think.

Well, stopped by the LEGO store this evening and the displays are all up for the new Board Game sets ... looks like that's going to be LEGO's big push this month. Sadly, they only had 4 of the new sets in stock (as I understand it, that's all they received) and have not had the Creationary set come in yet. The other sets looked kind of fun, but they all seems a bit overpriced and lacking cool unique parts (except for the Monster 4, which has a ton of somewhat rare minifigure heads).

Grand Emporium was of course, also in stock and on display, seeing it side by side with the Fire Brigade, there was no question which one looked like a better value. I decided to pick up GE, as I had some credit built up and it just looked too good to pass up. They had around 2 or 3 more on the floor, so I doubt it will sell out but I wanted to grab it now just in case another Emerald Night situation arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back