LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Zepp-Head']LOL! Out of curiosity, I just called TRU.com to see if they could fix the website glitch and manually order the minifigs over the phone. They said if you wanted to do the BOGO50 deal for a whole box of 60, you would have to place 30 separate orders for 2 minifigures, with a shipping fee of $9.00 per order! Are they kidding me?! What a bunch of fucking idiots they have running that site! So idiotic its laughable![/QUOTE]

They should have stayed as part of Amazon.

code JUH5H3OD gets you an extra 10% off at target.com and they have some lego sets already on sale (passenger plane, tower rescue...) -- this evidently stacks with red card codes & discounts as well.

ha. so the other day when i jumped on that king's castle deal at target, i wanted to use my six 5-dolllar gift cards and it would only let me enter four. so i called as soon as i had placed my order to ask them to apply the other two. they said they couldn't do it. so i fired off a politely stated complaint e-mail to customer service and they apologized profusely and applied my other two gift cards as i had requested, thank you very much.

and now they just sent me another apology e-mail with a $10 gc .. squeaky wheel, my friends. squeaky wheel. :)

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']$25 Picked up a vader and stormtrooper yesterday.[/QUOTE]
Dammit! Where are you guys finding them? I went to 3 TRUs this week and checked all over the store for them and couldn't find them. Does it work with the BOGO?

[quote name='bigdaddy']Frankly I think there should be a limit, to stop exactly what you from doing what you were doing.[/QUOTE]

why should there be a limit on how many gift cards you can apply to a purchase?

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Dammit! Where are you guys finding them? I went to 3 TRUs this week and checked all over the store for them and couldn't find them. Does it work with the BOGO?[/QUOTE]

No on the BOGO.

[quote name='dyne22']Found 2 boxes of series3 at my local tru.

did anyone else see some bags that looked clear of any bumps?[/QUOTE]

Had some with no bumps as well. They were either gorilla or the fisherman.

I went searching for an Indian Chief again... and got rushed again. Doesn't help that those bumps are little bastards.

I ended up with another Samurai and another Elf. So if anyone happens to want to trade a Samurai or Old Timey Pilot for an Indian, let me know.

I have been looking at the Architecture sets at B&N with the 30% coupons that have been off. Tempted by the White House set which would come out to about $32 after the coupon and member discount. I guess I was curious if anyone has any of these and how they are. They seem pretty expensive for the number of pieces and it is annoying for a set like the White House that it is not to scale with the minifigs. As a I recently moved from Seattle the Space Needle calls to me too, but that set seems extra skimpy on the piece count.

We have the space needle....son wanted it after visiting relatives. I felt like it was a rip off, bc it's so small, but he likes looking at it.

So, do you have better deals where you moved, or was Seattle better?

[quote name='ackbar7']I have been looking at the Architecture sets at B&N with the 30% coupons that have been off. Tempted by the White House set which would come out to about $32 after the coupon and member discount. I guess I was curious if anyone has any of these and how they are. They seem pretty expensive for the number of pieces and it is annoying for a set like the White House that it is not to scale with the minifigs. As a I recently moved from Seattle the Space Needle calls to me too, but that set seems extra skimpy on the piece count.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cutiepatootie']We have the space needle....son wanted it after visiting relatives. I felt like it was a rip off, bc it's so small, but he likes looking at it.

So, do you have better deals where you moved, or was Seattle better?[/QUOTE]
Well I moved down to Oregon, so the lack of sales tax is nice. I also have discovered using B&N, which currently I can get 37% off of anything they carry in store, so deals have been better so far for sure, though I am not sure it will stay that way.
And I was not exactly say I wanted a minifig scale White House, just that it would be nice if it were functional at all with the minifigs, which is part of the appeal of the Space Needle. While it would be small I could still set it up with the rest of my sets and it would not look totally ridiculous.

I was unthrilled with the Space Needle. Scale seemed weird, but more importantly, the "support" tubes on the sides seemed like the wrong length and wouldn't bend right. I wouldn't recommend it. The series is a cool idea though.

Just got back from TRU, used the SW B1G1 half off, and all the Series 3 cases the store had earlier this week were gone. I hope they get more soon, I still need an elf and another samurai

I went to TRU earlier I found an untouched box of mini figures and picked up the whole thing! Only cost me $190 tax included with the b1g1 half off and a $5 TRU coupon.

[quote name='180husher']$190?? It should have been around $130-140...or did they jack the price up already?[/QUOTE]

They were $3.99 a piece, I was at the Lego Store today and they said they were going to sell them from $2.99 a piece when they get them.

I also picked up the UCS Obi Wan Starfighter which was 25% off there too along with the Atlantis Undersea Explorer, Anglar Attack, and Pharaoh's Quest Flying Mummy Attack.

Wow, guess it really does pay to shop at TRU during the first week of release, because those were $2.99 earlier in the week. Gotta love the TRU tax

Hot damn, you are lucky!!! No tax?!!! Man, I'm having a hard time adjusting to Seattle's 9.5% tax...RIDICULOUS!!! Since, we're in Paris, have to use the family's addy, and the 9.5%, plus tax on Amazon is killing me. Miss those tax free Amazon days.

Anyways, good for you with the better deals.

[quote name='ackbar7']Well I moved down to Oregon, so the lack of sales tax is nice. I also have discovered using B&N, which currently I can get 37% off of anything they carry in store, so deals have been better so far for sure, though I am not sure it will stay that way.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='skiizim']They were $3.99 a piece, I was at the Lego Store today and they said they were going to sell them from $2.99 a piece when they get them.
[/QUOTE]
That's interesting. I talked to the Store Manager at my local LEGO store last night and he said the price was going to remain @ $1.99. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if TLG did increase the price. LEGO will not release them until January.

[quote name='skiizim']I also picked up the UCS Obi Wan Starfighter which was 25% off there.[/QUOTE]IMHO, 10215 is a garbage set. It was just released last month and it's already discounted at 25% off?! LEGO says the 'sale' is until 12.31, but I rarely see a discounted set at a LEGO store go back to regular price. There's a crap load at my LEGO store and my guess is that it'll drop even more.

I was kinda bummed with the 10215 set too, sets without min-figs kinda suck. Has anyone seen if LEGO will be releasing new Ninja sets? I saw a link on the actual LEGO site and was not sure if it was just a game or if actual sets would be released.

Does anybody know if the upc # on box of minifigures rings up differently than the package itself would ring up? I know it is the same price but the barcode # looks different to me.

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']I was kinda bummed with the 10215 set too, sets without min-figs kinda suck. Has anyone seen if LEGO will be releasing new Ninja sets? I saw a link on the actual LEGO site and was not sure if it was just a game or if actual sets would be released.[/QUOTE]

NinjaGo is a new card game spinning top disaster of a theme LEGO will release in January. It's ninjas fighting skeletons. Yes skeletons. There are about 20 different "sets" but half are $10 for a minifigure, and that's insane. There are about three small sets that look good.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skiizim']They were $3.99 a piece, I was at the Lego Store today and they said they were going to sell them from $2.99 a piece when they get them.

I also picked up the UCS Obi Wan Starfighter which was 25% off there too along with the Atlantis Undersea Explorer, Anglar Attack, and Pharaoh's Quest Flying Mummy Attack.[/QUOTE]

Damn TRU, that didn't take long. I was thinking Monday would be the soonest they would jack up the prices. I was hoping the Lego stores would keep them at $1.99, but when Target raised series 2 to $2.99 I had a feeling that this would be the new MSRP.

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']Thx daddy! Just found this link and thought I would post it here for those of you who have not been able to see the new sets.http://[/QUOTE]

New forum rule #1: No calling bigdaddy "daddy"...it just sounds wrong. How about bigs, big d, bdaddy, or even Mr. Friendly.

New forum rule #2: In honor of his new job, bigdaddy should ask us if we need to purchase any batteries today at the end of each of his posts.

[quote name='mickeyp']Does anybody know if the upc # on box of minifigures rings up differently than the package itself would ring up? I know it is the same price but the barcode # looks different to me.[/QUOTE]

Different barcodes, but they do ring up for the same price.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']IMHO, 10215 is a garbage set. It was just released last month and it's already discounted at 25% off?! LEGO says the 'sale' is until 12.31, but I rarely see a discounted set at a LEGO store go back to regular price. There's a crap load at my LEGO store and my guess is that it'll drop even more.[/QUOTE]

I know in the future it will most likely receive a heavy discount just like most of the Star Wars UCS but I just wanted it already and for 25% off, I just took it.

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']Bigdaddy is that a def. thing at all TRU's? Any idea on times? Much appreciated for the great info!!![/QUOTE]

They always say at participating TRU, so it's always best to go and ask if they are going to have the event.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Hot damn, you are lucky!!! No tax?!!! Man, I'm having a hard time adjusting to Seattle's 9.5% tax...RIDICULOUS!!! Since, we're in Paris, have to use the family's addy, and the 9.5%, plus tax on Amazon is killing me. Miss those tax free Amazon days.

Anyways, good for you with the better deals.[/QUOTE]

I actually lived in Renton and tax was 10%. Seattle is nice compared to that.

seems that amazon is matching target's sale price on their lego - city house, tanker truck, etc.

many of the sets at target have free shipping, and you can use code JUH5H3OD to get an extra 10% off.

wampa cave and passenger plane are on sale for $27, free ship, and the extra 10% off .. works out to right about 40% off. many other sets are 15% off (but then you get the extra 10%...)

[quote name='aunt beast']seems that amazon is matching target's sale price on their lego - city house, tanker truck, etc.

many of the sets at target have free shipping, and you can use code JUH5H3OD to get an extra 10% off.

wampa cave and passenger plane are on sale for $27, free ship, and the extra 10% off .. works out to right about 40% off. many other sets are 15% off (but then you get the extra 10%...)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, just bought Wampa cave for ~$27 after tax from Target. That looks like a cool set.

I've not been keeping up with this thread much, because I just don't have the money and Lego *deals* are always still fairly expensive, so this might have been answered a million times. I didn't know Series 3 had been released; is it true they stopped using barcodes we can scan to check which minifig is in the package? I know it's cheating but it's just too damn much to buy them randomly. They need to release the series' at a slower pace - I would pick up a couple minifigs each paycheck, but then they are gone too fast!

[quote name='180husher']
New forum rule #2: In honor of his new job, bigdaddy should ask us if we need to purchase any batteries today at the end of each of his posts.
[/QUOTE]

I was told they stopped doing this (the asking if you need batteries) At my local TRU, there were signs up for the longest time that informed customers they were entitled to a $5 GC if the cashier failed to ask if they needed batteries. I always waited to catch a cashier forgetting, and last week I did. She handed me the reciept, transaction over, and I said 'you forgot to ask if I needed batteries' She sent me to talk to customer service. The young woman at customer service acted like I was the biggest jerk for calling her on it and said they weren't honoring that anymore. Now admittedly, the signs are not up at the regualr check outs anymore, but there is still one at the customer service desk. she made a disgusted 'hmph' when I pointed out the sign still at customer service. She radioed for someone higher up to come over. This new lady rushes in, pulls the sign down at customer service and bluntly says 'we're not honoring that any more' At this point I'm feeling like I should get the $5 just for the way the 'customer service' rep treated me, but let it go cause I still had to pick up the games I was buying at the security desk.

The Hoth Wampa Cave on Amazon isn't an Amazon price match--it's just Target on Amazon. Target.com has free Shipping, Target via Amazon it's $5.99. I just bit, with the code and free shipping, it was $25. Been wanting this one.

And sweet holy Lego Moses, those Series 4 figs are hands down THE best line-up so far. I may skip Series 3 all together. I need a crew of Hazmat guys, a full hockey team, at least three Musketeers...

[quote name='cassidyarch']

And sweet holy Lego Moses, those Series 4 figs are hands down THE best line-up so far. I may skip Series 3 all together. I need a crew of Hazmat guys, a full hockey team, at least three Musketeers...[/QUOTE]

I agree. I liked a few from series 1, and some from series two, like the damn skier, Mexican surfer and lifeguard, however series 4 is amazing. An ice skater! I mean I think I would be happy with any of those just picking them randomly. The Asian priness is beautiful, and the hockey player (skates) and the hazmat guy should be easy enough to feel with their huge pieces. The worst ones to me are the sailor and soccer player, but still not horrible. Really nice series. I can't wait for the comment when a series 5-6 has a male figure skater. The online LEGO community is childish. :lol:

I'm not supposed to talk about my three week job on message boards according to the rules. First amendment I guess doesn't apply. :lol: It's a three-four week job, and I was amazed at what we had to go through paperwork wise. One woman worked there last year and said that everyone was fired the day after Christmas, that they kept no one on, you think the paperwork would be less for very short term. I work in the back and overnight (I don't like coffee) so I don't need to deal with costumers, but I will need to find a way to stay awake. That will be an issue this week because I only work one day. If I worked 4-5 days I would be much better off sleeping wise. I just plan on eating pasta for break. :)

[quote name='cassidyarch']The Hoth Wampa Cave on Amazon isn't an Amazon price match--it's just Target on Amazon. Target.com has free Shipping, Target via Amazon it's $5.99. I just bit, with the code and free shipping, it was $25. Been wanting this one.[/QUOTE]

ha! didn't even notice, sorry. ;)

for $25, i was really tempted to get a second copy of this set, but i managed to resist. just barely. great deal, though.

Meijer has come to the rescue for me, as a few weeks back I saw the series 2 figs in the stocking stuffer area, and when I went back today, I saw two almost full boxes of series 3 figs. And the best part is that they were only $1.99 a piece! I didn't bother checking the dots in store, they are extremely hard to see and unreliable. I bought a bunch and sorted through them at home, managed to get 2 complete sets, and I'm taking the rest back for others to grab. I highly recommend just feeling the bag and only using the dots for verification. Most of the bags I had had extra dots or were missing dots. This method takes a while though. I like this series a lot better now that I see then up close, but it's still not on par with the first 2, i feel.

And series 4 looks incredible...probably my favorite so far. Why does the gnome have a fishing pole though? And what does the soccer guy have?

meijer is where we've been getting our figs for $1.99 .. now i'll be checking this week for series 3, thanks!

i had to pull the trigger on the $25 wampa cave .. with free shipping, i can always return or exchange if i change my mind later. too many good deals lately .. i can't maintain my vow to stop buying lego till after christmas.

[quote name='aunt beast']meijer is where we've been getting our figs for $1.99 .. now i'll be checking this week for series 3, thanks!

i had to pull the trigger on the $25 wampa cave .. with free shipping, i can always return or exchange if i change my mind later. too many good deals lately .. i can't maintain my vow to stop buying lego till after christmas.[/QUOTE]

Where in Meijer are you guys finding these? I was at my local Meijer today but didn't see anything in the Lego aisle. Are they located in the Christmas section - Meijer is so big sometimes things are hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back