LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='aunt beast']yahoo news says TRU is participating in "Free Shipping Day" tomorrow along with kmart, sears, etc. etc.

i'm wondering if that's with a minimum order of $$$$$ or on every order...[/QUOTE]

and .. it's a $49 minimum order at TRU to get free shipping today.

No point buying from TRU online, sometimes they got good prices, but not always. AND when they do have good prices, shipping is the killer. I hate those $49 minimum free shipping crap, it makes you buy crap you don't need (hence killing the deals).

There will be a B1G1 50% Lego sale starting Sunday 12/19 in TRU stores. I think it's only on Lego City sets... Then there's the 50% Bionicle stars sale, $5 a pop for those cool little buggers (not exactly little comparing to the mini figures :lol:).

from fbtb, target sale:

Battle of Endor $69.99
Y-Wing $41.29
Tie Defender $34.99
AAT $34.22
Darth Vader TIE $20.99
Separatist Shuttle $20.99
Tank Droid $17.49
Echo Base $17.49
General Grievous Starfighter $42.49

and code H6GUONV5 for an extra $5 off $50

edited to add: other non-SW sets are also on sale incl atlantis, power miners, and etc., some up to 30%

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aunt beast']from fbtb, target sale:

Battle of Endor $69.99
Y-Wing $41.29
Tie Defender $34.99
AAT $34.22
Darth Vader TIE $20.99
Separatist Shuttle $20.99
Tank Droid $17.49
Echo Base $17.49
General Grievous Starfighter $42.49

and code H6GUONV5 for an extra $5 off $50

edited to add: other non-SW sets are also on sale incl atlantis, power miners, and etc., some up to 30%[/QUOTE]

Way to copy my post! :)

There are some very nice non-SW deals - the Lunar Limo is almost 50% off (MSRP 39.99)

[quote name='bigdaddy']^ not completely true. They own 1/4 to 1/3 of us so we are only their bitches. Lol[/QUOTE]

Sigh. That's not even close either.

China accounts for under $1 Billion TRILLION of the national debt which is around $13 Billion TRILLION. So it's not even 1/13.

You also have to realize that over 3/4 of the US National debt is owned by... the US.

http://www.mint.com/blog/trends/who-owns-the-u-s-debt-07152010/?display=wide

Now go buy some LEGO and quit worrying about China :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear I heard on the news that China had close to 3 trillion of out debt. It's very important because it's where they make cheap legos. :p

[quote name='yakkotank']Way to copy my post! :)

There are some very nice non-SW deals - the Lunar Limo is almost 50% off (MSRP 39.99)[/QUOTE]

yak, if you aren't going to show CAG loyalty by cross-posting here, i will have to do it for you! ;)

i am running out of money and oomph for these deals. and of course i need to leave something for the post-xmas sales...

[quote name='FadeToOne']Sigh. That's not even close either.

China accounts for under $1 Billion of the national debt which is around $13 Billion. So it's not even 1/13.

You also have to realize that over 3/4 of the US National debt is owned by... the US.

http://www.mint.com/blog/trends/who-owns-the-u-s-debt-07152010/?display=wide

Now go buy some LEGO and quit worrying about China :)[/QUOTE]
I know this thread is for LEGOs, but... the total US Debt is over 13 TRILLION dollars. TRUE, The Treasury owns more debt than China with approximately $996 billion, but China is close at $906 billion.

http://business.globaltimes.cn/china-economy/2010-12/602325.html

Now, back to LEGOs. Battle of Endor is one of the greatest SW sets IMO. Couldn't help but pick up a few on the Target deal since I missed the deep discounts seen this past summer.

thanks, bigd, i was the one who wanted the kingdoms advent .. now i'm wondering if i can bring myself to pay 5 bucks over msrp when i never, ever pay msrp... ;)

jay, wish i had more $ in the lego budget to pick up another endor. i am considering another hoth; for 17 bucks it's hard to resist.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Amazon has the Kingdoms Advent Calendar for $40, and free shipping...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939031&pf_rd_i=507846

I remember some people here wanted it but it was sold out, it's a better deal than LEGO with the free shipping and no tax.[/QUOTE]
Wanted to get one and went for this. Cheaper than ebay, better than LEGO, though it is more than MSRP I think these are never going to be cheaper than this again.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']I know this thread is for LEGOs, but... the total US Debt is over 13 TRILLION dollars. TRUE, The Treasury owns more debt than China with approximately $996 billion, but China is close at $906 billion. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry, Trillion is what I meant (as evident by my linky). And the Federal Reserve is only a small piece of the 9 Trillion that the US (and US companies) owns.

I say we pay China back and teach them how to increase Lego quality!

[quote name='ackbar7']Wanted to get one and went for this. Cheaper than ebay, better than LEGO, though it is more than MSRP I think these are never going to be cheaper than this again.[/QUOTE]

dithered and dithered and then decided to go ahead and pull the trigger.

justifying it by planning to open it advent-style with my son after the holidays are over and we have post-lego letdown. :)

[quote name='ackbar7']Wanted to get one and went for this. Cheaper than ebay, better than LEGO, though it is more than MSRP I think these are never going to be cheaper than this again.[/QUOTE]

But being a SaH exclusive shipping would make the set $42 so it's almost under MSRP. :)

[quote name='mickeyp']I want this advent calendar but I have no money! Do you think it is worth the price?[/QUOTE]

I'm on day 17th and I've got 5 minifigs, an odd animal or two, and a bunch of weapons.

Pair it up with say the Kings Castle or maybe a Mideval Village and it will compliment nicely.

I'm glad I got it. I'm tempted to pick up another.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So, you're saying someone could get the new ATAT for $75...[/QUOTE]
It is stuff like this that is killing me these last couple of months. Hadn't really thought I would get an ATAT, but for that price I just may have to.

[quote name='ackbar7']It is stuff like this that is killing me these last couple of months. Hadn't really thought I would get an ATAT, but for that price I just may have to.[/QUOTE]

Same, I'm completely broke but a $75 ATAT is soooo tempting.

Found a Star Wars Twilight set at my local true for $79. With the $20 coupon + tax it comes out to roughly $67...is this set worth it? Damn shuttle looks kinda ugly.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Found a Star Wars Twilight set at my local true for $79. With the $20 coupon + tax it comes out to roughly $67...is this set worth it? Damn shuttle looks kinda ugly.[/QUOTE]

I'd say no unless you really want the mini-figs.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Found a Star Wars Twilight set at my local true for $79. With the $20 coupon + tax it comes out to roughly $67...is this set worth it? Damn shuttle looks kinda ugly.[/QUOTE]

We got one when the Lego stores had them for $50...my son has yet to ask me to open it. Looks like it has lots of gray plates if you need or want those.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'd say no unless you really want the mini-figs.[/QUOTE]

Not all that crazy about the minifigs, but in any case I'm not convinced even with the 800+ pieces at that price.

Personally I would have gone for the AT-At (which I'm going for right after this) and just waited on the twilight for some other sale or for it to go further down in clearance.

The set is big and looks cool but is very, very plain. If you want it just to have it for a collection or just have money to burn then by all means just keep it.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Not all that crazy about the minifigs, but in any case I'm not convinced even with the 800+ pieces at that price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, even if you're going to just part it out its not that great of a deal because there doesn't appear to be many unique elements in it. All around I was baffled as to why Lego even created this set. 10 years ago I could have seen it selling but by today's standards with Lego Star Wars it's just too plain.

Great deal at BN this weekend. B2G1 on all toys, plus 30% coupon, plus 10% member discount, plus 25% member coupon ---> White House, Grievous Ship & Apple Tree House for $68.XX. Also used to get 3 Hoth battle packs for ~$18. Very pleased with those purchases.

[quote name='ackbar7']Great deal at BN this weekend. B2G1 on all toys, plus 30% coupon, plus 10% member discount, plus 25% member coupon ---> White House, Grievous Ship & Apple Tree House for $68.XX. Also used to get 3 Hoth battle packs for ~$18. Very pleased with those purchases.[/QUOTE]

Are boardgames included in this sale?

[quote name='mickeyp']Are boardgames included in this sale?[/QUOTE]
All games and toys. And both coupons should apply either. The 25% members coupon is for any item, and the 30% coupon is for any toy, game or kid's book.

walked into tj maxx today and saw a wall of lego, stacked on a table right in front of the doors. prices weren't that incredible and unfortunately i didn't record them, sorry. some clone wars sets, power miners, space police, and tons of bionicle. price decreases were something along the tune of $39 msrp marked down to $29. if you have a tj maxx in your area you may check it out, but of course ymmv.

there are *two* borders 33% coupons floating around, one that expires tomorrow and one that expires on the 20th; if you're heading there, make sure you have both coupons. they are both for any item. and my local borders with the normally anemic lego section had once again restocked with a lot of extras for xmas, including big toy story and other sets.

i got a target gift card today as an early present and headed to target to get a slave I, armed with my GC and $10-off coupon. unfortunately, after i looked for 15 min and finally found the last one they had, ugh, it was back at full price and no longer on sale. wah wah wahhh.

I was at a TJ Maxx too today in Sturbridge Mass, had some Bionicle Hero Factory, no clue on prices.

Jester, Green Wizard, and Farmer with pig were $3. I'm getting the Wizard in my stocking. :lol: Was thinknig about the others, but I have a Fantasy Castle Jester and $3 for a pig is too much to me.

They had some Star Wars set I ignored, and the $20 Power Miner set from this year for 25% off ($15 for people who can't do math.) Nothing really special, I think everything must have been 25% off, no biggie.

I was at Marshall's and they had the same selection as the TJ Max stuff above. They are owned by the same company, I think, so that makes sense. Pretty much everything was 25% off. I am hoping it goes on clearance after Christmas. I did pick up the Traveler and Manta Warrior figs for 2.99. I would have gotten another green Wizard if they had one.

[quote name='ackbar7']I was at Marshall's and they had the same selection as the TJ Max stuff above. They are owned by the same company, I think, so that makes sense. Pretty much everything was 25% off. I am hoping it goes on clearance after Christmas. I did pick up the Traveler and Manta Warrior figs for 2.99. I would have gotten another green Wizard if they had one.[/QUOTE]

They are owned by the same company, and the one I was at had those too, I forgot to mention them.

Well the Lego Bug has hit me again after all these years Thanks to my my Wonderful Twin boys. With that being said they have inherited a small set of old Lego at least 800 pieces from mine and my brother's childhood, plus I have been steadily getting them smaller sets for the past year here and there. I just have a few questions for everyone here.

1. Are there any places that offer free online instructions for cars, houses, etc. etc.? (I am a cheapass remember lol)
2. I got a few Lego Star Wars Sets for myself :) Should I get the Battle of Endor set? and Darth Vader's Tie Fighter? and which Lego City Sets do you recommend?
3. Finally, when I go to the Lego store at King of Prussia Mall would you suggest I get a few pick a brick sets or simply buy the pre arranged general sets? and what deals do they have at the Lego Stores?

Thanks everyone for your help, I have been looking in here and there on this thread and I have found a few deals because of you guys. Thanks :)

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']Well the Lego Bug has hit me again after all these years Thanks to my my Wonderful Twin boys. With that being said they have inherited a small set of old Lego at least 800 pieces from mine and my brother's childhood, plus I have been steadily getting them smaller sets for the past year here and there. I just have a few questions for everyone here.

1. Are there any places that offer free online instructions for cars, houses, etc. etc.? (I am a cheapass remember lol)
2. I got a few Lego Star Wars Sets for myself :) Should I get the Battle of Endor set? and Darth Vader's Tie Fighter? and which Lego City Sets do you recommend?
3. Finally, when I go to the Lego store at King of Prussia Mall would you suggest I get a few pick a brick sets or simply buy the pre arranged general sets? and what deals do they have at the Lego Stores?

Thanks everyone for your help, I have been looking in here and there on this thread and I have found a few deals because of you guys. Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

The only site I know that has instructions is brickset.com, when you see a set you like just click on it and there will be a tab for instructions on that set if available.

The Endor set is cool but small and for the price your not really getting much but mini figures. It's a real cool playset but way overpriced. If you can find a Home One set I would recommend that one, I"m pretty sure they put them/had them on clearance at TRU and the Lego Store. I know Amazon has had the set for $90ish it's gone as low as $85ish but Target put them on clearance earlier this year. I never found one but some users here bought them for $25.

Lego City, Big Daddy is your man. I stay away from them because of the infinite possibilities you can do with them and don't want to get hooked on that.

I'm sure a lot of people would agree here if you just want random pieces just try craigslist or yard sales.

Lego stores have very random sales, right now they have a few Atlantis sets, Obi Wans Jedi Starfighter UCS on sale along with some other things. They also offer percentage off discounts on damaged sets between 10%, 20% and 30% off, very random of course of price and selection.

If you want deals the Lego Store isn't the place to go. Is the Amazon bogo50% still going on? That's a good place to start, online.

I like the camper, the little yellow seaplane and I just saw the passenger plane at TRU and it's really nice even through I don't own it. Which I could have gotten it for $25 at Target a few weeks back.

I recommend the Barnes & Noble sale I mentioned a few posts back, but you have to take advantage of that tomorrow. Amazon's sale is over, but there are some sets pretty cheap there still. If there is a Fred Meyer by you it is a great place to keep an eye on sales, often with stacking coupons.

Just stopped at local WalMart and they had Series 3 minifigs in the LEGO section, $2.97. Bought the remaining 12 packs. Has anyone else seen them at WalMart?

I have been having my father-in-law buy them for my son and I at Mejier's in Michigan since we don't have that store in Washington.

[quote name='mickeyp']What $10 off coupon are you referring to?[/QUOTE]

$10-off coupon for the fire station or the Slave I at target, from their green holiday catalog (probably available at customer service) - same catalog has a "$15 GC if you spend $150" coupon/card on the back.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']2. I got a few Lego Star Wars Sets for myself :) Should I get the Battle of Endor set? and Darth Vader's Tie Fighter? and which Lego City Sets do you recommend?

collecting for yourself is one thing, and buying for children is another.

kids will remove minifig heads with their teeth (no matter how many times you tell them to twist them off instead) and other bricks and pieces will take their abuse. since you had lego as a kid, i'm sure you know what i'm talking about. :)

since you already have your childhood collection to get them started, you may not need to pick up a few basic brick boxes (on sale, of course). i always buy whatever i find on *deep* sale and just dump in the big bin. my boys use the pieces to make their own ships, buildings, layouts. they can tear apart "real" SW sets to make new ships, but they can also use space police, atlantis, exo-force, whatever. kids dig quantity .. the more pieces they have, and the greater variety, the more creative they'll be. and they can play with their friends because there's enough to go around.

we bought the wheels & axles kit so there would be less fighting over wheels. ;)

re: city sets, small cars and planes and plenty of minifigs are great, but you need buildings too. the baseplate bldg sets (fire station, police station, etc.) are very playable. the kids can use basic bricks to build other buildings and props. we have the old airport set (7894) and it's perfect -- very generic, so it can be an airport, police station, mall, jedi temple, anything they want it to be.

so, in summary, for kids (you don't mention how old your twins are), i would recommend a big bin of random lego, at least one major building (which usually come with several minifigs and vehicle(s)), and then add wheels, minifigs, and sale sets as you go.

someone posted on SD that they found the freeco speeder at aldi for $12.99

echo base is $16.99 on amazon right now

magma mech is $9.99 on amazon (half off msrp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back