LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sbender21']Just stopped at local WalMart and they had Series 3 minifigs in the LEGO section, $2.97. Bought the remaining 12 packs. Has anyone else seen them at WalMart?

I have been having my father-in-law buy them for my son and I at Mejier's in Michigan since we don't have that store in Washington.[/QUOTE]

Were they in the normal green boxes, or hanging near the endcaps in blue boxes?

[quote name='aunt beast']someone posted on SD that they found the freeco speeder at aldi for $12.99

magma mech is $9.99 on amazon (half off msrp)[/QUOTE]

The Speeder is an awesome Star Wars set and I hate Star Wars. Amazon has it for $15.

Might have to buy the mech, I love mechs.

I don't know if anyone posted this, but LEGO.com has a Creator section that helps you build things, not just sets, but random things like bay windows.

http://creator.lego.com/en-us/designers/buildingtips/default.aspx

I kind of regret not buying two of the $50 sets from Amazon for $36. 1000 pieces and about 8 minifigures, two light up bricks, for $36. However LEGO... it's a really ugly set! No wonder no one wanted it! :lol:

The $10 Atlantis set is $6, come with the shark guy. It's why I couldn't buy that warrior fish Impulse set for $6. It's just too much when I can get him, a diver and the trike for $10.
http://www.amazon.com/Lego-4567335-...L7WDS/ref=pd_ts_t_60?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

The Space Police Freeze Ray Frenzy is $7.50, that's at least 25% off.
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Space-Po...M7YYU/ref=pd_ts_t_72?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

The TS3 Dump Truck is $13...
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Story-Lo...=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1292780839&sr=1-4

Most of Atlantis and Space Police are on sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't enough of a deal to make me bite, but I saw a sealed Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle over at Goodwill for $30 which should make some local Lego-ite have a Merry Christmas.

[quote name='180husher']Were they in the normal green boxes, or hanging near the endcaps in blue boxes?[/QUOTE]

In the normal green boxes just sitting on shelf in LEGO section.

[quote name='sbender21']In the normal green boxes just sitting on shelf in LEGO section.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. My Walmart still hasn't put out the Potter sets so I'm betting series 3 won't show up til Jan. Guess we can accept the fact that these are $3 now too.

[quote name='180husher'] Guess we can accept the fact that these are $3 now too.[/QUOTE]

I refuse to accept that jacked up price tag. I'll only be buying them through lego.

[quote name='ChairmanMaow']I refuse to accept that jacked up price tag. I'll only be buying them through lego.[/QUOTE]

Several sources have confirmed Lego will be selling them for $3 too.

[quote name='aunt beast']someone posted on SD that they found the freeco speeder at aldi for $12.99

echo base is $16.99 on amazon right now

magma mech is $9.99 on amazon (half off msrp)[/QUOTE]
Echo Base for $16.99?! I just checked and must have missed it. You can never have enough Tauntauns. Target.com still has them for $17.49. S@H shows them SOLD OUT.

[quote name='ChairmanMaow']I refuse to accept that jacked up price tag. I'll only be buying them through lego.[/QUOTE]
You can forget that idea. Like I mentioned many pages ago, TLG will be selling the Minifigs for $2.99 confirmed by the Store Manager who was notified through a memo from TLG. $2.99 is the new MSRP.

Big news!

NinjaGo is out at TRU.

Just a few, the castle thing is $70 for 518 pieces, the purple touches are nice and the woman ninja is awesome. The skellie trike / bike this is $15 and has 157 pieces, the dragon actually doesn't look bad, 158 pieces for $20 and the tank has 298 pieces for $30. Not bad in the prices at all, probably no TRU mark up yet.

I saw 3 castles, 3-4 tanks, 4-5dragons and 12-14 trikes/bikes/wahtever.

Also got 4 Series 3 minifigures and they were $4 now. I'm waiting until series 4 because I like them all so much I won't care which ones I get.

The traveler Impulse might only be $1.69 soon....

http://toysnbricks.com/blog/usa-toysrus-select-lego-50-off/

I bit on the Venator Cruiser sale from Target this weekend w/free shipping and $5 off coupon (offsets tax) it came out to roughly $92. Glad I did since it shot back up to $120.

Really saddens me that a lot of the older models I'm interested in are ridiculously priced from Amazon's third-party sellers. They seem to be just as bad, if not worse, than most eBay sellers. I want an Imperial Star Destroyer sooo badly!

Freeco Speeder is back down to $14.99 on Amazon for anyone who missed it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']
Really saddens me that a lot of the older models I'm interested in are ridiculously priced from Amazon's third-party sellers. They seem to be just as bad, if not worse, than most eBay sellers. I want an Imperial Star Destroyer sooo badly!

[/QUOTE]

We just had that talk last week on how Amazon buyers and sellers are nuts. :lol:

What sets are you looking for? The big Cafe Corner type of sets or smaller ones?

[quote name='bigdaddy']We just had that talk last week on how Amazon buyers and sellers are nuts. :lol:

What sets are you looking for? The big Cafe Corner type of sets or smaller ones?[/QUOTE]

Really? Oh man don't mind me then, I've just jumped on the band wagon so I'd hate to bring back old topics.

I'm really interested in the big sets, 1000+ pieces, but for now I'm sticking to the SW series. Hehe, I remember you mentioned you don't like those, but either way the older sets seem to go for $200+. I'm looking for the Millennium Falcon and Imperial Star Destroyer, but at this point I'd be paying a pretty big premium for these sets.

On the meantime I'll wait for a deal/sale on the Tantive IV and Republic Attack Shuttle.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Really? Oh man don't mind me then, I've just jumped on the band wagon so I'd hate to bring back old topics.
[/QUOTE]

It's perfectly fine, I bring up how much I hate Eurobricks all the time. :lol: Just funny that you go on to look for LEGO and realize the same thing. I'd stick to eBay for buying, and Amazon for selling things. Those Amazon people are nutty.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']I'm looking for the Millennium Falcon and Imperial Star Destroyer, but at this point I'd be paying a pretty big premium for these sets.[/QUOTE]

well supposedly we are getting a new MF this year (2011) .. the only OT set, it seems.

of course if you are pining for the UCS MF, then i am right there with you. proves that if you think a set is unaffordable, just wait till it goes OOS, then it'll show you what unaffordable really looks like.

Yeah if you have the money buy two of every Star Wars set, more so if it has different minifigures, and then just sell the second one after it's retired and it will easily pay for both. Same with the Cafe Corner style and the Medieval Market (Still $100 on Amazon) type of sets.

If you are looknig for city building has anyone suggested to you the Creator houses? They are almost city scale, the Beach House is a tad small, but they are mainly in minifigure scale and are cheaper.

Some updates from Amazon...

LEGO Power Miners Magma Mech (8189) is $10 still, but it's free shipping, no minimum.

LEGO® Racers Brick Street Getaway 8211 is $25 instead of $40.

In the last three months I have gone crazy on LEGOs since my son is old enough to play with them. I have gotten some really good deals though. Here is my list of purchases, and thanks to all the regular contributors for helping me find these great deals.

At-At Walker $110, double points at LEGO.com
Kingdom Advent Calendar $35, double points at LEGO.com
Hogwarts Castle $100, various coupons at Target
The Burrow $35, 50% coupon at Borders
Hagrid's Hut $22, 50% coupon at Borders
King's Castle $70, sale at Target
Troll Fortress $100, full retail, last minute birthday present
Medieval Market $100, MSRP
405 piece bricks $15, WalMart Black Friday

I have also purchased varying smaller Star Wars, Harry Potter and Kingdoms sets, usually around MSRP. And way too many minfigs.

I am looking forward to the Diagon Alley set most.

Thanks guys for your help. I found the instructions that we lost for the plane and the sports cars and I was able to put both of them back together. Now I just have to search the rest of the house for the few parts we are missing. Now I just have to replenish the Lego fund and get ready for the bonanza the boys will get over the next few years. lmbo.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yeah if you have the money buy two of every Star Wars set, more so if it has different minifigures, and then just sell the second one after it's retired and it will easily pay for both.[/QUOTE]

Where is a good place to sell Lego Star Wars sets besides E-Bay? I have the original AT-AT set still sealed that I would like to sell or even trade. They are now on the third (or fourth) release of the set.

After having my Medieval Market Village for almost 6 months I finally decided today to put it together. After spending almost 4 hours on it I finished the stable/blacksmith house. I decided to finish the rest tomorrow but good lord is that a big set with lots of small intricate pieces. I really am enjoying the build though, one of my favorite sets to put together.

Called the local Lego store after seeing reports that people have been getting the new SW sets today and they have them in stock...not worth the drive for the Mandalorian guys though.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Really? Oh man don't mind me then, I've just jumped on the band wagon so I'd hate to bring back old topics.

I'm really interested in the big sets, 1000+ pieces, but for now I'm sticking to the SW series. Hehe, I remember you mentioned you don't like those, but either way the older sets seem to go for $200+. I'm looking for the Millennium Falcon and Imperial Star Destroyer, but at this point I'd be paying a pretty big premium for these sets.

On the meantime I'll wait for a deal/sale on the Tantive IV and Republic Attack Shuttle.[/QUOTE]

Keep an eye out at yard sales during the summer. I bought 40 pounds for $50 and it included the first version of the MF, the first version of the Imperial Shuttle, the first Republic Gunship along with various other stuff. They're not complete, but they only need about $20-$30 each to complete, which is a bargain compared to the selling prices.

[quote name='aunt beast']well supposedly we are getting a new MF this year (2011) .. the only OT set, it seems.

of course if you are pining for the UCS MF, then i am right there with you. proves that if you think a set is unaffordable, just wait till it goes OOS, then it'll show you what unaffordable really looks like.[/QUOTE]

I hope I can get away with sneaking in a new MF to the house :lol:

[quote name='nakanenui']Where is a good place to sell Lego Star Wars sets besides E-Bay? I have the original AT-AT set still sealed that I would like to sell or even trade. They are now on the third (or fourth) release of the set.[/QUOTE]

Amazon to get the most money. Sealed will definitely get you a premium there. You can also try bricklink.com but you probably won't be seeing the same amounts, though they only take 3% fees and the buyer pays for all shipping charges.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']After having my Medieval Market Village for almost 6 months I finally decided today to put it together. After spending almost 4 hours on it I finished the stable/blacksmith house. I decided to finish the rest tomorrow but good lord is that a big set with lots of small intricate pieces. I really am enjoying the build though, one of my favorite sets to put together.[/QUOTE]

yay - i am saving mine for after christmas. :D

[quote name='encendido5']I hope I can get away with sneaking in a new MF to the house :lol:[/QUOTE]

me too! :D

if there's anything a lego spouse doesn't understand, it's the need to buy other versions of the same set.

[quote name='etcrane']Wow ... Star Wars Advent Calendar for 2011 ... anyone else psyched for that? And I'm not even a big Lego Star Wars guy[/QUOTE]
Link?

[quote name='180husher']Just finished listening to the cagcast...questions from encendido5 and Tybee in the same show, and neither had anything to do with Legos![/QUOTE]

:lol: that was the second question I've asked since I started listening. The first was a couple of years ago when I made fun of Cheapy for his 720p tv.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']I used to check here because I was excited for possible deals, but there's been too many lately...now I'm nervous to click on here in the morning, knowing I'm going to be tempted....

Anyways, Freeing Dobby is also 5.99 on Amazon right now......
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Harry-Po...e=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1292923454&sr=1-1[/QUOTE]

Seriously, the deals have been on overload the past few weeks.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yeah if you have the money buy two of every Star Wars set, more so if it has different minifigures, and then just sell the second one after it's retired and it will easily pay for both. Same with the Cafe Corner style and the Medieval Market (Still $100 on Amazon) type of sets.

If you are looknig for city building has anyone suggested to you the Creator houses? They are almost city scale, the Beach House is a tad small, but they are mainly in minifigure scale and are cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I wish buying two of every set was an option, but I couldn't splurge like that. I'm usually too lazy to put stuff up for sale and impatient on it actually selling.

Those Creator houses are interesting! Have...to.....resist...ugh!

[quote name='aunt beast']well supposedly we are getting a new MF this year (2011) .. the only OT set, it seems.

of course if you are pining for the UCS MF, then i am right there with you. proves that if you think a set is unaffordable, just wait till it goes OOS, then it'll show you what unaffordable really looks like.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I'm not sure what the MSRP was for the MF, but I'm sure it wasn't anything near the $900+ sellers are asking. If a new one is due then I think I'll hold off until then.

[quote name='encendido5']Keep an eye out at yard sales during the summer. I bought 40 pounds for $50 and it included the first version of the MF, the first version of the Imperial Shuttle, the first Republic Gunship along with various other stuff. They're not complete, but they only need about $20-$30 each to complete, which is a bargain compared to the selling prices.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice bro. Yard sales are hard to come around, especially in my area in NY. By the way, awesome user name. Haha, I wish I was encendido right now at work!

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Tell me about it. I'm not sure what the MSRP was for the MF, but I'm sure it wasn't anything near the $900+ sellers are asking. If a new one is due then I think I'll hold off until then.
[/QUOTE]

The price was $500 for the huge giant MF, if it were made today it most likely would be $700ish with the price increases.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Thanks for the advice bro. Yard sales are hard to come around, especially in my area in NY. By the way, awesome user name. Haha, I wish I was encendido right now at work![/QUOTE]

Lol, same here. What part of NY? I used to live in the Bronx and went up to the White Plains area for yard sales.

At TRU, ALL sets are Buy 1 Get 1 50% off.

It's really only 25% off if you find 2 sets of exactly the same price, but I still used the opportunity to grab an Endor and AT-AT, that I apparently keep missing on clearances.

[quote name='Darthjer']At TRU, ALL sets are Buy 1 Get 1 50% off.

It's really only 25% off if you find 2 sets of exactly the same price, but I still used the opportunity to grab an Endor and AT-AT, that I apparently keep missing on clearances.[/QUOTE]

For the love of god please don't go to TRU.... ever..... :lol:

[quote name='Darthjer']At TRU, ALL sets are Buy 1 Get 1 50% off.

It's really only 25% off if you find 2 sets of exactly the same price, but I still used the opportunity to grab an Endor and AT-AT, that I apparently keep missing on clearances.[/QUOTE]

:drool:

[quote name='bigdaddy']For the love of god please don't go to TRU.... ever..... :lol:[/QUOTE]

Booooo!!!! Still can't figure out why you guys hate TRU. Other than price markups, I can't think of a reason to hate on them. Tons of sales, free giveaways, huge selection, easy returns and price adjustments when stuff goes on sale. TRUs in Michigan must be different from where you guys live.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Booooo!!!! Still can't figure out why you guys hate TRU. Other than price markups, I can't think of a reason to hate on them. Tons of sales, free giveaways, huge selection, easy returns and price adjustments when stuff goes on sale. TRUs in Michigan must be different from where you guys live.[/QUOTE]
I think a 10% markup versus anyone else if a pretty good reason to hate TRU

[quote name='ackbar7']I think a 10% markup versus anyone else if a pretty good reason to hate TRU[/QUOTE]

10%!?! Hahaha

Try 25%. Plus when things go on sale the price goes up.

[quote name='bigdaddy']10%!?! Hahaha

Try 25%. Plus when things go on sale the price goes up.[/QUOTE]
Well, there are a few items that are 10%. The log cabin is "only" 32.99.

Well the 51 minifigure order came in, shipped from like 6 different places/boxes. 9 figures where in a box that could fit your carry on luggage... it was silly, they had soo much airbags....

Breakdown so far....

Cyborg - 4
Chief - 3
Baseballer - 5
Pilot - 3
Mummy - 4
Gorilla - 5
Alien - 2
Hulu - 2
Rapper - 4
Samurai - 2
Elf - 2
Tennis - 2
Snowboarder - 2
Racer - 2

And the kicker...

Fisherman - 1
Sumo - 8

I may keep 15... ugh.

I think I have another shipment tomorrow.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Booooo!!!! Still can't figure out why you guys hate TRU. [/QUOTE]

Besides the the infamous 25% markup, Hawaii get additional 10%. We pay the highest prices. Local TRU was charging $3.49 - $3.99 for the minifig series 1 and 2 when everywhere else is $1.99. Series 3 is now $4.49. Sets are typically $5 to $20 more.

TRU sale ads are the vaguest out there. "ALL Lego construction sets" = just the pictured ones. Not just Lego... Last weekend we visited the local TRU becuause of their ad with "$10 OFF on ALL Thomas and Friends accessories, (fine print) excludes sets, tables, and engines." Pictured next to it was the windmill, bridge, and something else. So I grabbed 2 of the Up and Away expansion pack and waited in line to pay for about 30 minutes. I got denied of the $10 OFF by the cashier and later at the customer service counter because it is not one of the pictured in the ad. I argued about the fine print that the one I am buying is not a set, is not a table, and is not an engine. So technically it should be on sale. The cashier had no clue and was really confused. The service clerk reasoned that since it is meant to be played on a table it is excluded from the sale. :wall:

And the customer service people have no clue most of the time (see above).

[quote name='encendido5']Lol, same here. What part of NY? I used to live in the Bronx and went up to the White Plains area for yard sales.[/QUOTE]

Astoria, Queens. Only good thing is that we have a Lego store in the Queens Center Mall. All their merchandise is MSRP, of course, but with convenience it seems to also beat most online prices.

I picked up the Family House and Beach House today, from the Lego store, while I did some xmas shopping and my total was cheaper there than the BOGO 50% TRU promo.

Family House - Lego Store - $59.99
TRU - $69.99

Beach House - LegoStore - $34.99
TRU - $51.99!!

Something is wrong there. Picked up a VIP card while there.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Astoria, Queens. Only good thing is that we have a Lego store in the Queens Center Mall. All their merchandise is MSRP, of course, but with convenience it seems to also beat most online prices.

I picked up the Family House and Beach House today, from the Lego store, while I did some xmas shopping and my total was cheaper there than the BOGO 50% TRU promo.

Family House - Lego Store - $59.99
TRU - $69.99

Beach House - LegoStore - $34.99
TRU - $51.99!!

Something is wrong there. Picked up a VIP card while there.[/QUOTE]

I think you may be becoming an addict. Not that I am one to talk. I have picked up so many sets since Thanksgiving it is not funny. Between Target, Amazon and B&N my LEGO collection is getting out of control. Oddly, my old stand by for LEGO deals, Fred Meyer, has had virtually no LEGO deals this holiday season. Usually they are good for stacking B2G1, 10% off and $10 off $50 sales about this time of year, but no luck with that this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back