LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='etcrane']Damn ... looks like the man got to your photos before I could take a look ... have any pictures of that lighthouse that was mentioned?[/QUOTE]

I was going to save the pictures except they were so bad I didn't bother.

It's a Creator set with the house on the left and the light on the right. The light looks squarish and therefor lame.

The website deals are live in the Lego store (at least the arundel mills one). They were sold out of a lot though...no brickbeard or community workers. picked up a farm and train tracks amongst other things.

[quote name='180husher']If anybody can pick up a couple of extra train tracks I'd cover your costs and throw in a little extra for the trouble.[/QUOTE]

Which track, not the flex track right? Also, how much do you want to the track pieces to be?

I'm guess straight and curved since that's what on sale at S@H and for $8?

[quote name='skiizim']Which track, not the flex track right? Also, how much do you want to the track pieces to be?

I'm guess straight and curved since that's what on sale at S@H and for $8?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those straight and curved sets that are $7.50. If they are more than that I'll pass and find them somewhere else. Two boxes if you can.

Good luck finding some deals!

Just got back from the LEGO store and after this I must say... this is the best year I've had as far as LEGO deals go. I knew there was a reason why I was saving my VIP points. Everything that was on S@H was available at my store and there was hardly anyone there. One of the employees told me they were honoring the S@H prices on Christmas Eve!

Went to 2 Targets as well and it seems they're starting with 15% off.

This morning at Walmart in Ann Arbor, MI. they were scanning every Lego manually and marking them down as they went. As far as I could tell it was pretty much every Space Police, and Atlantis set that they had. They were 50% off.

They also marked down the Star Wars midi scale Imperial Star Destroyer from 32 to 16. I grabbed one. Happy Hunting!

http://shop.lego.com/product/?p=8099&LangId=2057&ShipTo=US

Stopped by the Lego Store on Rockefeller Center and it was complete lunacy in there. Mostly tourists, of course, but they were cleaning house. Managed to get the Republic Attack Shuttle, Pirate Tank, Wizard, Jester and Manta Warrior.

I'm willing to help anyone get something they want, if available in my local store.

PM me.

I also saw Target Lego clearance start at 15%. Kind of annoying since other toys were 30%. The two polybags (Atlantis and World Racers) I found in the Christmas aisle were 1.99 (50% off after being marked up to 3.99).

I think this is old, but I found the $30 PoP set for $12 at Kmart. Sadly none of the other PoPs were on clearance.

Aaack! All these lego sales....I don't even have the heart to look at them....my mom flew over here US Airways with tons of new legos (out of boxes, but in the plastic bags), clothes, etc, had a layover in Philly, and BOTH LUGGAGES are missing! WTF?!! It's day 2, and there's no news of it. I'm so pissed.

They give her a 25.00 day allowance for a total of 75.00 max for necessities....she has 1 outfit, and what clothes can you buy for 25.00?!! Just socks at H&M were 8 euros alone, how can you possibly buy an outfit with this kind of money here?!

Ahh sales are killing me got the midi star destroyer $16 WM General Grievous' Starfighter $29
sams and a lot of the lego game sets at the game store in the mall %50 of retail $5 to $15 for the harry potter one

Same here, though I'm kinda in the it was for the best camp. I'd have spent like a grand on all that stuff that was on sale....

[quote name='aunt beast']gee, lego company, thanks so much for your 10 a.m. e-mail alerting me to your big sale that went live 19 hours ago and sold out of everything in the meantime. you're awesome!

having mild not-buyer's regret this morning wishing i'd went back for another city house, the horse trailer, the farm...[/QUOTE]

ah well, going to hit the post-xmas sales tomorrow and any deal i find is going to look like crap next to the deals i missed/let pass by on S@H.

if i would have caught city house back in stock i definitely would have snagged it along with a few little things. i checked in a few times today just in case something good became available again.

So, a sort of related question. I am guessing a lot of you guys like to display these after you build them. Any suggestions for a good display case? I got a few LEGO Star Wars sets this Christmas, as well as set of Ghostbuster figure. Would love a nice place to store them while showing them off.

[quote name='aunt beast']ah well, going to hit the post-xmas sales tomorrow and any deal i find is going to look like crap next to the deals i missed/let pass by on S@H.

if i would have caught city house back in stock i definitely would have snagged it along with a few little things. i checked in a few times today just in case something good became available again.[/QUOTE]

GL on that City House.

I would pick one up, but not in stock... I haven't really seen it in many stores.

I was just at a couple Targets and TRU... OMG wiped out. Target had EVERY lego product in just (2) 4 foot sections on one side of the aisle.

TRU had every City set gone.... All they had left was a Town car and the Pig Farmer.... shelves were bare. It was so weird.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']So, a sort of related question. I am guessing a lot of you guys like to display these after you build them. Any suggestions for a good display case? I got a few LEGO Star Wars sets this Christmas, as well as set of Ghostbuster figure. Would love a nice place to store them while showing them off.[/QUOTE]

You could find one here, but if it's any normal SW set, these might be too small for you.
http://www.containerstore.com/shop/collections/display/cubesCases

If you're handy, I would actually make a custom case for it. Get Acrylic sheets from a hardware store and just cut to size. Use a good sharp screws with pilot holes and done. The biggest worry is getting the cuts straight. If you've got someone that can do wood, or maybe a local hardware store could cut them to size you need.

Buying in sheets will be far cheaper than getting a complete box.

If you want to check Michaels and JoAnns if you have them, they could probably mail order something in too.

Wife had an idea... Check with some Airplane model sites, the models would be big enough to hold a set or two.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=SKG&P=FR

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aunt beast']ah well, going to hit the post-xmas sales tomorrow and any deal i find is going to look like crap next to the deals i missed/let pass by on S@H.

if i would have caught city house back in stock i definitely would have snagged it along with a few little things. i checked in a few times today just in case something good became available again.[/QUOTE]

The City House might come back. Was back for the hour I debated it then added it and two farmers to my cart and it was gone. I'm going to keep checking back.

[quote name='xycury']GL on that City House.

I would pick one up, but not in stock... I haven't really seen it in many stores.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddy']The City House might come back. Was back for the hour I debated it then added it and two farmers to my cart and it was gone. I'm going to keep checking back.[/QUOTE]

i bought one for my son for xmas - on sale, of course, but not 50% off, pfft - but now i wish i had one for myself. especially at that price!

has anyone found the archery kingdoms promo at target? if i can't find a good sale set tomorrow, i'd be happy to bring a couple of those home.

[quote name='aunt beast']i bought one for my son for xmas - on sale, of course, but not 50% off, pfft - but now i wish i had one for myself. especially at that price!

has anyone found the archery kingdoms promo at target? if i can't find a good sale set tomorrow, i'd be happy to bring a couple of those home.[/QUOTE]

I have checked both of my local targets... No go... I don't know if they'll even get them because the poly bags are all full at the registers, NO ONE sees them when they are at the bottom... duh Target... so if they don't sell, don't know if they'll get the bag or not.

Our Targets suck. They get half the sets of polys all others get... like no octopus but we get the lame scuba sub... We get the WR car but not the nice boat.

Supposedly there are two Kingdoms polys, Archer Target Practice and another one... I bet we only get one of those IF we even get one.

Seems like they get them around Holidays and place them there, that's the only way I've seen them and eventually any extras are shoved on that last bottom peg at the registers.

City House was a set I had been hoping to find on sale and hadn't, when it was available at S@H I picked up 2. I am trying to figure out when I can get to the LEGO store, but the work schedule just isn't working out for me. I am hoping tomorrow, but I am kind of doubtful.
My Targets have not had any of the Kingdoms polys, and those are the only ones I have really wanted.

The City House is ugly, so I didn't buy one. However I then saw it was fully furnished and wanted one but it was sold out. I'm trying to cut way back on LEGO.

i love that classic town look.

i can't imagine having a lego store within driving distance. i don't know how my family would have felt about me leaving to go lego shopping on christmas day. :D

[quote name='180husher']Yeah, those straight and curved sets that are $7.50. If they are more than that I'll pass and find them somewhere else. Two boxes if you can.

Good luck finding some deals![/QUOTE]

The good news is they did have them there for $7.50, bad news is they were oos when I got there. They might get more in stock if you want to call the store and get them held for me to pick up but I'm going back there for sure Thursday morning.

I picked up 3 Space Police Sets at 50% off including Space Police Central which I really wanted, I was also hoping for the Pirates Soldiers Fort that has been OOS from the store for a while. I also picked up Anakins Y-wing, I think that makes my 4th or 5th one for nice little squadron. =D

I was at Target too, which is the reason why I didn't get to the Lego Store earlier (thanks to the misses). They had Space Police, Prince of Persia, Duplo Toy Story, Ben 10 and Power Miners on Clearance. So expect more price drops coming soon. I picked up some of the Holiday Poly Bags at 50% off. The Kingdoms and Toy Story had to be manually overridden, the guy just did it without me saying anything but the Atlantis Octopus and City sets automatically get discounted.

EDIT: I'm just wining here, I'm tired... lol... been shopping all day since a bit after my post.

[quote name='aunt beast']i love that classic town look.
[/QUOTE]

I think it's hideous, and it's not really a classic look. It's a bunch of big wall pieces with some windows.

This is the only set I own that is really classic...

http://brickset.com/detail/?set=10041-1

The red building has a bunch of little details with the different slops and such. City House is just a bunch of big white pieces and red windows to me.

Look at next years LEGO Games...

Money, leaves and bananas everywhere.
http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=3853-1

And frogs! Tons of frogs!
http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=3854-1

[quote name='skiizim']The good news is they did have them there for $7.50, bad news is they were oos when I got there. They might get more in stock if you want to call the store and get them held for me to pick up but I'm going back there for sure Thursday morning.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for looking, I appreciate it. It didn't snow as bad as they were calling for so I might get out to the Lego store tomorrow and see what's left. I did stop at 2 local Walmarts today and got a couple of good deals.

SW Mid-scale Star Destroyer = $16
PM Lavatraz = $20
SP Lunar Limo = $16
Portal of Atlantis = $50
SW Seperatists Shuttle = $14
SW Hyena Droid Bomber = $9
TS Construct-a-Zurg = $12
Airport = $69

I also got one of those Darth Vader Minifig alarm clocks that TRU has for $25 for $9...I wish it was not battery powered.

One store had everything correctly tagged while the other had nothing tagged at all but the prices were the same in both stores.

[quote name='180husher']

PM Lavatraz = $20
SP Lunar Limo = $16
Portal of Atlantis = $50

I also got one of those Darth Vader Minifig alarm clocks that TRU has for $25 for $9...I wish it was not battery powered.
[/QUOTE]

I hate you. :booty:

Can anyone recommend a good site that sells individual figures? I'm looking for a Starkiller figure for my son, among a few other Star Wars characters.

[quote name='fuerza']Can anyone recommend a good site that sells individual figures? I'm looking for a Starkiller figure for my son, among a few other Star Wars characters.[/QUOTE]

Bricklink.com would be the cheapest.

[quote name='xycury']Bricklink.com would be the cheapest.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link! My wallet will hate you for it :lol:

[quote name='xycury']Ugly and about $10 too much.[/QUOTE]

I agree it's a bit overpriced, disagree on it being ugly.
I think the design is pretty cool, some may say it uses too many large windows like a lot of LEGO designs, but that actually makes sense for a bank. I ordered one on Xmas eve, so hopefully it will be here soon and I can post some impressions then.

Not to mention, as we only get 1 or 2 civilian type sets a year it seems, I'll take what I can get.

I don't get why Duplo gets really cool civilian stuff like schoolbuses, grocery stores, zoos, and stuff which is less likely to appeal to a 4 year old, and the regular LEGO City theme is fire, police, repeat.

That said, the Marina set next year looks decent...though I wonder what happened to the rumor of there being a new Paradisa theme.
Also, I'm surprised we've heard nothing of a new modular building.

The Lego watches at Walmart are also on clearance for $7.

Went to the Woodbridge, VA Lego store today. With the exception of the bigger, expensive sets they had a lot of stuff on the shelves. All the SW, PM, SP, and Atlantis clearance sets were in the store. I asked if they had any of the train track clearance sets and I got the only Lego store employee who doesn't know jack about trains and said they don't make them that way. While she was checking me out I saw one box on the floor behind her and asked her if I could buy it. It was then that she realized what it was and started apologizing. I told her not to apologize, just find me some more.:D But that was the last one.:bomb:

I'll take more track sets if anybody finds some. I really hate that over-priced flexitrack.

The only set I wanted but didn't see was the RC car one. I would have liked the RC and motor parts for $20.

[quote name='elsnerma']
Also, I'm surprised we've heard nothing of a new modular building.[/QUOTE]

That's because it's an exclusive. We only have these pictures because of a whole sale store catalog from Europe that LEGO gives out so stores know what to make room for. The modular set isn't at most stores so no need to show it off yet.

[quote name='elsnerma']I agree it's a bit overpriced, disagree on it being ugly.
I think the design is pretty cool, some may say it uses too many large windows like a lot of LEGO designs, but that actually makes sense for a bank. I ordered one on Xmas eve, so hopefully it will be here soon and I can post some impressions then.

[/QUOTE]
Co-sign! I like the bank, especially because of the windows. Almost bought one at the LEGO store yesterday. If and when this set goes on clearance, I'll make sure to grab a few just for the parts. A $39.99 price point would be perfect. Aside from the vehicles, I don't really see why it's $49.99.

[quote name='elsnerma']I don't get why Duplo gets really cool civilian stuff like schoolbuses, grocery stores, zoos, and stuff which is less likely to appeal to a 4 year old, and the regular LEGO City theme is fire, police, repeat.
[/QUOTE]
I have a 4-year old and although he's already moved on the the smaller LEGOs, he still loves to bring out his Duplo vehicles (he likes crashing them into each other, which you can't do with the smaller LEGOs, obviously). As a matter of fact, I know of kids that are as old as 7 who like playing with Duplos.

I was at WM earlier this morning and man... their pretty much wiped out. Found the Limo set #3222 in the pet section. Great find for me considering that was the only discounted set not available at the LEGO store.

I was at the Mall of America Lego store today and the clearance sets were flying out the door. I picked up SW AAT tank ($25), SW Anakin's Y Wing ($30), and the droid tank (can't remember the specific name but it was only $12.50). Thought about some clone battle packs at $6 and Home One at $55 but ultimately decided not to go too nuts in my spending.

While I was there I saw a stack of a bunch of different sets in the corner and walked up to it. As I started to look at what sets there were I was rudely told by an employee that they were all on hold for another customer. There was probably 10-15 Home One sets, about a dozen farms, and probably 30-40 other assorted sets. Pretty obvious he was a reseller. Later they were putting out more sets and the same employee walks over with a list and tells some kid that someone's buying all the sets so if he wants anything he should get it now (same attitude tone she gave me).

i'm more than a little upset that the store was so accomodating to an obvious reseller. As I was leaving the mall I saw him loading his pickup and the sets standing up filled the entire bed of the truck.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']

I have a 4-year old and although he's already moved on the the smaller LEGOs, he still loves to bring out his Duplo vehicles (he likes crashing them into each other, which you can't do with the smaller LEGOs, obviously). As a matter of fact, I know of kids that are as old as 7 who like playing with Duplos.

[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, I definitely see the appeal of DUPLO as a line, I just don't see why they would release something like a grocery store in the Duplo line, since it isn't likely to be exciting to little kids. It seems much more suited for the regular City line (granted we have green grocer, though that is more of an adult collector type set, and it doesn't fit with the City open back sets )

[quote name='180husher']How much was the Limo set? $15? I looked for it at all the Walmarts I visited but none had any left.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. $15!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']While I was there I saw a stack of a bunch of different sets in the corner and walked up to it. As I started to look at what sets there were I was rudely told by an employee that they were all on hold for another customer. There was probably 10-15 Home One sets, about a dozen farms, and probably 30-40 other assorted sets. Pretty obvious he was a reseller. Later they were putting out more sets and the same employee walks over with a list and tells some kid that someone's buying all the sets so if he wants anything he should get it now (same attitude tone she gave me).

i'm more than a little upset that the store was so accomodating to an obvious reseller. As I was leaving the mall I saw him loading his pickup and the sets standing up filled the entire bed of the truck.[/QUOTE]
You can't label every buyer that buys a bulk amount a reseller. I know a good amount of people (myself included) who buy lots of sets to stock up on parts. Granted, I've resold some here and there, but the majority is solely for my collection. We all know buying clearance sets is one of the best ways to get bulk parts.

But in your case, that may hold true. ;)

Clearance sets should have a limit to them. I would have taken what I wanted from the pile when no one was looking.

The bank isn't ugly because of the windows, it's just overall an ugly set that makes very little sense to the eyes. It's a box, because LEGO can't make any other shape anymore, with some crazy building things added on.

Target is too funny...

http://www.target.com/Lego-LEGO-Mar...Lego LEGO Mars Exploration Rover&node=1038576

The last time I have seen that set at a Target was 2004-2005. The best part is they say it's in stock at all the ones near me but one... yeah right Target! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost went to the lego store today but i didn't want to drive over and hour both ways to be disappointed. already spent a few hundred these last few months so i will save my money for the new sets that are coming out.

stopped at 2 walmarts today and picked up the midi destroyer for 16 bucks. they had one limo left - left it on the shelf for a space police fan. also one portal to atlantis. nothing was marked.

watches and clocks were all clone wars - not interested.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Look at the neat sets everyone bu US get....

http://shop.lego.com/product/Default.aspx?p=9348&LangId=2057

They are about 100 Aussie Dollars, which seems to be $60US.

I was going to buy the City house that came back in stock... and it sold back out! Oh well[/QUOTE]
Just came back from the LEGO store again and saw #9348. Price is $49.99. Makes sense since the store had the older Community Set on clearance for $24.99.

Also, my LEGO store put out 6 boxes of Series 3. As noted in an earlier post, price is $2.99. Managed to grab a few of each (Fisherman, Samurai and Elf). They also had Ninjago in the back, but TLG won't let the stores release them until Jan. 1.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']While I was there I saw a stack of a bunch of different sets in the corner and walked up to it. As I started to look at what sets there were I was rudely told by an employee that they were all on hold for another customer. There was probably 10-15 Home One sets, about a dozen farms, and probably 30-40 other assorted sets. Pretty obvious he was a reseller. Later they were putting out more sets and the same employee walks over with a list and tells some kid that someone's buying all the sets so if he wants anything he should get it now (same attitude tone she gave me).

i'm more than a little upset that the store was so accomodating to an obvious reseller. As I was leaving the mall I saw him loading his pickup and the sets standing up filled the entire bed of the truck.[/QUOTE]

I was at my Lego Store not long after they opened Sunday morning and saw almost exactly the same thing. Some guy was loading at least four of the motorized AT-AT's into bags and a customer at the other register asked how much some of the Star Wars sets on the end of the counter were. The employee ringing her up laughingly told her that the same guy was getting them and had four more hand-trucks worth in the back still to load into his van. I don't remember the exact wording, but it seemed like there had already been a few trips made to his truck, and was apparently granted a store employee to help him haul his haul. The only things left clearance-wise were some of the MIDI-Star Destroyers (which I skipped cause I'm still trying to build up my mini-figure collection) and The Battle Of Alamut (which I already have).

If it was for a local Lego building club, then I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it, but then, if it was for a local Lego club, they could have done it outside of store hours. I guess the whole thing's my own fault for not e-mailing my purchase or order directly to the store. Props to the guy for thinking ahead.

I just got back into the buying and building of Lego and the whole thing really, really soured me on the Lego Store specifically, and Lego in general.

Re-reading this, it seems a little whiny, but I just felt like after my last post brought out the TRU Boo-Birds, it's a little ironic that my crappy Lego experience was at the company owned store. And that I wasn't the only one who got a taste.

Whinning is fine because it is wrong. Lego used to be fun and in recent years it has become a sport. Just look at the minifigures, you have money for 12 boxes you make tons of money when normal people or chrild who want 5 minifigures get screwed.

Lego online used to set limits on sale ideas and special things. Now as long as something sells they don't care. It's why I love Lego, love following it, looking at what they are doing, but it's now more the whimsy of it, it bringing back my childhood. Looking at what I bought in the last month I go "I spent $70 on these sets?" and I rather have gone out and bought a pizza, try to meet new people, new teas, and stay away from new Lego and the asshole AFOL (adult fans of Lego) because they ALWAYS wreck the fun for the rest of us.

[quote name='Darthjer']I was at my Lego Store not long after they opened Sunday morning and saw almost exactly the same thing. Some guy was loading at least four of the motorized AT-AT's into bags and a customer at the other register asked how much some of the Star Wars sets on the end of the counter were. The employee ringing her up laughingly told her that the same guy was getting them and had four more hand-trucks worth in the back still to load into his van. I don't remember the exact wording, but it seemed like there had already been a few trips made to his truck, and was apparently granted a store employee to help him haul his haul. The only things left clearance-wise were some of the MIDI-Star Destroyers (which I skipped cause I'm still trying to build up my mini-figure collection) and The Battle Of Alamut (which I already have).

If it was for a local Lego building club, then I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it, but then, if it was for a local Lego club, they could have done it outside of store hours. I guess the whole thing's my own fault for not e-mailing my purchase or order directly to the store. Props to the guy for thinking ahead.

I just got back into the buying and building of Lego and the whole thing really, really soured me on the Lego Store specifically, and Lego in general.

Re-reading this, it seems a little whiny, but I just felt like after my last post brought out the TRU Boo-Birds, it's a little ironic that my crappy Lego experience was at the company owned store. And that I wasn't the only one who got a taste.[/QUOTE]

They should just limit peoples purchases to 2 or 3 of a single clearance item. They are going to be sold out in a few days anyways. Im sure a ton of people would bitch seeing some asshat load up a whole vehicle with a half dozen or more of each set. You guys on here should complain to the managers when you see that crap. I love great deals but screwing everyone else over is not cool.

Thats the way it is with clearance at every store. If it was hair care products the Old Blue haired lady would have beaten you to them as well. Most of these asshats have contacts in the stores they hit. You have zero chance.

I'm not even sure they need to limit the purchases but at the very least don't appoint them their own personal lego store employee who shops for them while they stand around. I didn't see if they had someone helping bring his purchases to the truck as well but it really wouldn't surprise me given the level of help he was already getting. At the very least he should have had to gather up the purchases he wanted on his own, waited in line, and took care of getting it to the car himself.

Yeah, really. The LEGO stores should limit clearance purchases to what you can carry in your hands only (they don't have carts in the store, right?). That would make it more fair for everyone. And if they drop something, its up for grabs! (I'm kidding about that last part).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back