LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='aunt beast']
did anyone find an ARC on clearance at their walmart?[/QUOTE]

Yup, found one at my local wal mart for $30. Only one I saw on the shelf, and almost missed it cause it was sitting on top of a row of shuttles (which were not clearanced at my store)

Freakin Lego store in Atlanta sold all 15 boxes of train tracks with in two hours of me calling. When my sister-in-law got there, they told her I should have asked to put them on hold...the person on the phone said I couldn't put them on hold.:bomb::bomb::bomb:

Yellow Lamborgini set at Walmart for $29.

A quick question not related to the sale madness (a sale which I am ignoring to keep my sanity... too many horror stories). I have recently come across a small cache of Series 2 minifigures at $2 each. Are people still interested in buying these? (i.e. worth selling on eBay now?) Or is somebody here still looking for some? (I would sell to fellow CAGs at cost.) Let me know... thanks!

[quote name='180husher']Freakin Lego store in Atlanta sold all 15 boxes of train tracks with in two hours of me calling. When my sister-in-law got there, they told her I should have asked to put them on hold...the person on the phone said I couldn't put them on hold.:bomb::bomb::bomb:.[/QUOTE]

Always... always.... ALWAYS.... ask to speak to a manager when you really want / need something. Don't even waste your time with the lower people, just as soon as someone answers the phone go "can I speak to the manager". If it's the LEGO Store, health care, car people, ALWAYS ask for a manager.

Does Borders' have any coupons now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just Grabbed 2 of the police boat bag sets for a dollar a piece at Target, now going to trek to the Lego Store after work tonight with the boys at King of Prussia. I dunno what we will find but I might have to hit up a few stores to try and find a Tie Fighter(Wish me luck on this one, I figure TRU and Walmart are my best bets).

Just got off the phone with the Lego Store and the clerk told me that some guy came in and purchased $15,000 worth of stuff on clearance. That is plain crazy. I understand flipping but goodness gracious

[quote name='180husher']Toy story train at Target for $40.[/QUOTE]

My son is missing this one from his collection, thanks!

[quote name='skiizim']You should have said something yesterday, =(. My parents left from LAX to New York last night.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll try to mention things a bit sooner and see who can help me out.

Received my S@H order from xmas day; I'm missing the two Jester sets I ordered. There's an asterisk next to their quantity on the packaging list, does that mean they're coming in different box or that they're unavailable? I didn't receive any notifications from Lego about them being OOS.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']
Just got off the phone with the Lego Store and the clerk told me that some guy came in and purchased $15,000 worth of stuff on clearance. That is plain crazy. I understand flipping but goodness gracious[/QUOTE]

Holy smokes, that's at least 200 clearance jumbo sets -- and assuming that the store had no more than a dozen Carousel/Taj Mahal/Green Grocer/Walker sets, more likely to have been 500+ medium/small sets. That buyer must have cleared out the sale stock more or less single-handedly -- yeah, that is pretty crazy.

I went to the lego store today and pivked up a jester and a farmer for $2 some magnet collections for $7.50 and the girl fig collection for $9. I'm going to check out walmart next. Sorry 180husher, no tracks...

Thanks to Aunt Beast for pointing Battle of Endor set at Wal-Mart, I found one for $50 today, also found a Tank Droid for $12.

Went to Lego Store and didn't find much there, I'll go again Monday and hopefully they get something good! I just realized I live fairly close to Lego Land should of made a trip there and see if they dumped a bunch of stuff there!

There is a Star Wars set in Target, regular price, and there were at least 13 rows of 6! Set was nothing special, but propably will be on sale next week.

[quote name='skiizim']Thanks to Aunt Beast for pointing Battle of Endor set at Wal-Mart, I found one for $50 today, also found a Tank Droid for $12.[/QUOTE]

awesome - glad you found one! :)

The rewards certificates from Toys R us -can you use more than one on one order? They just sent me 4 different ones.

Picked up Creator Family Home at Walmart today for 29.50. No other clearance sets of note, though lots of SW prequel watches. Thought about Darth Maul, but passed on it.

I was going to say something LEGO related but now all I can think of is...

fuck YOU MASS HEALTH!!! fuck YOU WITH A ROCK!!! FFUUUUCCCKKKKK YYOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

But that's completely off topic. :lol:

Oh I remember now... What's up with TRU Minfigure pricing? Just not selling at $4? They were $3 at mine until we got some, then they were $4 and they sat around for several days during Christmas when we couldn't keep LEGO on the shelves. For a $1 more I rather have the PQ bug thing or the little Atlantis set then a badly made minifigure whose special pieces are becoming more mainstream.

I htink this was the set that Target had 100 of...
http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=8128-1

[quote name='encendido5']I went to the lego store today and pivked up a jester and a farmer for $2 some magnet collections for $7.50 and the girl fig collection for $9. I'm going to check out walmart next. Sorry 180husher, no tracks...[/QUOTE]

A store that is much farther than what I would like got 13 cases of tracks in stock today...early morning trek should finally get me some.

And I should clarify that the Toy Story Train set is on clearance at Target and not some sale price or TPR. My local store had them at $40 (50% off) while another I visited had them at $55 (30% off). Good news is they may eventually hit $20 like that Hogwart's Express I missed.

Happy New Year all!

[quote name='180husher']And I should clarify that the Toy Story Train set is on clearance at Target and not some sale price or TPR. My local store had them at $40 (50% off) while another I visited had them at $55 (30% off). [/QUOTE]

Good to know. Only one Target out of three I checked has the train on the shelf and it's still full price. Will keep an eye on it. All clearance Lego is still 15% at my Targets, but I did find a Battle of Alamut at 39.99 (50%). No other PoP has turned up on clearance yet, though.

Just wanted to thank everyone who posts here. I haven't found a Lego deals thread this helpful since before FBTB was redesigned a couple years ago. I had given up on Walmart after last year, but thanks to you guys I managed to find some decent sets at 50% off. Hoping things get to 75% and then I'll go crazy.

According to the newest Lego Magazine, all through January you can get a free exclusive Ninjago card and album with an $30 purchase at TRU. Not that that's really exciting or anything, just though I'd let you guys know.

Speaking of Ninjago, the Dojo set that is listed at $50 on S@H is only $40 at Target. I picked one up, mainly for the minifigures and the windows. The spinner is actually surprisingly fast and has some real weight to it. Not worth $10 as Lego would want you to believe, but better than expected.

Also got my S@H order today...nice haul of stuff for 50% off (not including shipping). The new bank set doesn't dissapoint...though the interior is really small. It has a new printed computer screen and a keyboard print on a 1x2 dark bley tile....also has some interesting pieces that are either new or haven't been used widely...such as a 1x4 plate with studs on each end but tiled in the middle....like [o _ _ o]...it's used on the cop car, for example, to have a place in the middle for the license plate sticker, yet studs on each end for 1x1 wedge pieces. I'll post some pics if I get time.

[quote name='mickeyp']The rewards certificates from Toys R us -can you use more than one on one order? They just sent me 4 different ones.[/QUOTE]

I also got a bunch of rewards. Mine said in store only. I think you usually can use more than 1 in store or online. Bunch of clearance sets at my Target. Powerminers, Battle of Alamut, Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle were the big ones. The last few Targets i stopped at this week had the Target Dog Lego GC. Picked up another midi SD at Walmart as a gift. They had about a dozen different sets left in the whole store at the most. TRU had most of the new Lego Star Wars sets, as did walmart and target.

[quote name='mickeyp']The rewards certificates from Toys R us -can you use more than one on one order? They just sent me 4 different ones.[/QUOTE]

Just pay attention to the dates. You can use all of them at one transaction. I think I have one 5 and two 6 but can only use the one six now because it expires in two frigging weeks.

More will be emailed out on the 14th

My wm had 3 attack for the dagger pop sets for 14

Otherwise it was portal of Atlantis for fifty and SP3 HQ for 40

If I had a spare 100 and my wife wouldn't kill me I'd pick them up

I'm going to check out the Glendale Galleria Lego Store today, but I'm sure it's been wiped out already, then maybe the ghetto WalMart at MLK/Crenshaw plaza.

BTW, my mom got my daughter a bunch of the larger Toy Story Lego sets for Christmas (Trash Compactor Escape, Woody's Roundup, Train), and she claimed she bought them from Big Lots a couple weeks ago for RIDICULOUS discounts. Allegedly, they have/had the Trash Compactor escape for $10, and the Train set and Woody's roundup for $15 each, and a few other Lego sets at absurd discounts. So basically selling at 75% off MSRP.

I was HIGHLY incredulous and skeptical (and quite a bit upset she didn't wipe out the entire Lego stock at those kinds of discounts), and even sent her out the day after Christmas to that same store and of course there were no more Legos to be found. So take it with a grain of salt, because unfortunately I couldn't verify this nor claim beyond a shadow of a doubt that my mom wasn't just wrong/delusional/exaggerating, but if you have a Big Lots nearby you might want to take a look.

I don't believe your mother... she is a liar! :lol:

Big Lots had has LEGO from time to time, it's very VERY hit or miss. I was at one yesterday and they had none.

However they aren't stupid. A $50 set for $10 is 80% off, I have never seen that. Last sets I saw were Exo-Force and they were around 50% off I think, maybe 40%.

She bought them, and then lied to you so you don't think she is spoiling your child like she obviously is. :lol:

Do I have to go to a website or something to get TRU rewards? I don't know that I've ever actually gotten one and I've used my reward account quite a bit.

Edit: Odd... I see from the website that I earned like $18 for the 10% back promo. And before that I had spent like $200 since May and didn't earn jack squat.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Do I have to go to a website or something to get TRU rewards? I don't know that I've ever actually gotten one and I've used my reward account quite a bit.

Edit: Odd... I see from the website that I earned like $18 for the 10% back promo. And before that I had spent like $200 since May and didn't earn jack squat.[/QUOTE]

The Toys R Us Rewards has like 3 month periods where you have to spend $150 to get a $5 reward. It resets after 3 months. THe 10% back is split into 2 time periods which kind of stinks, but its still free money, so I'm not complaining. THere is no rewards during January, it starts again in February.

I found 2 of the Star Wars Arc 170 for $29.50 each. The shelf price was $59.xx, so I was happy and bought them both.

Oh, my TRU rewards were evenly split. I got $25 (5x$5) that expire on 1/14 and $25 (5x$5) good from 1/15 to 1/31.

Found several clearance games and used my first $25 already!

the walmart on beach street and 121 in ft. worth has tons, and I mean tons of stuff 30-50% off. They have almost every atlantis and space police set in the clearance aisles. They also had the Toy Story western set for $35 and a bunch of the Defender for $25 as well the yoda clocks and mini watches. Hope somebody in the area can clean up :)

[quote name='aunt beast']b2g1 free at TRU excludes SW and PQ[/QUOTE]

I don't get that. NinjaGo is probably out and will be on sale, PQ, which is selling poorly, isn't?

I have to go get my check, I might pick up three series 3 minifigures just for the hell of it.

Hit up a Lego store today. Got 2 Home One's at half off, a road plate set, some train tracks, the rail crossing, and some minifigs. Ended up spending about $220. Ouch.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I don't get that. NinjaGo is probably out and will be on sale, PQ, which is selling poorly, isn't?

I have to go get my check, I might pick up three series 3 minifigures just for the hell of it.[/QUOTE]

PQ was sold out at the lego store and 2 Targets I went to. It seems to be selling well.

[quote name='ackbar7']PQ was sold out at the lego store and 2 Targets I went to. It seems to be selling well.[/QUOTE]

My TRU had dozens of the smaller sets, a couple dozen of the $50 and 10 if the biggest set. They never seem to move, we rarely got any in. Christmas Eve everyone want LEGOs, no one wanted PQ. :lol:

[quote name='ackbar7']PQ was sold out at the lego store and 2 Targets I went to. It seems to be selling well.[/QUOTE]
PQ seems to be selling well in my area. As a matter of fact, both of my LEGO stores say that they've been selling well. I might check TRU for the B2G1. Hopefully, there's some Ninjago sets available!

Also stopped by Target. TS Train was 50% off.

What's up with the Wind Turbine Transport? Do people really dislike this set? I'm surprised it hasn't sold out yet at half price. Personally, I think its a really nice town set, and now priced right at $30. Maybe I'm the only one, who knows? :lol:

EDIT: Thanks Aunt...maybe time to make a run for the Borders (not Taco Bell). ;)

[quote name='Zepp-Head']What's up with the Wind Turbine Transport? Do people really dislike this set? I'm surprised it hasn't sold out yet at half price. Personally, I think its a really nice town set, and now priced right at $30. Maybe I'm the only one, who knows? :lol:

EDIT: Thanks Aunt...maybe time to make a run for the Borders (not Taco Bell). ;)[/QUOTE]

you're welcome! i have to get up early in the morning to beat husher .. literally. ;)

lol run for the borders .. that's exactly what i'll be doing.

i like the wind turbine, and for the 50%-off price it's a good value. my thinking is, it's awkward to place in a city layout, since it's not an in-town thing. maybe next to the pig farmer .. although in my neck of the woods, that always results in a protest. :)

i should get it and put it next to my giant crane that doesn't really go with anything else.

[quote name='encendido5']the walmart on beach street and 121 in ft. worth has tons, and I mean tons of stuff 30-50% off. They have almost every atlantis and space police set in the clearance aisles. They also had the Toy Story western set for $35 and a bunch of the Defender for $25 as well the yoda clocks and mini watches. Hope somebody in the area can clean up :)[/QUOTE]

Meanwhile, the one up the road at Beach St and North Tarrant has JACK SQUAT. And what are you doing in Ft Worth when your location says New England?

I might check out the one you mentioned today since you say there's a lot... Is there a good amount of other stuff too, or just what you mentioned?

[quote name='Zepp-Head']What's up with the Wind Turbine Transport? Do people really dislike this set? I'm surprised it hasn't sold out yet at half price. Personally, I think its a really nice town set, and now priced right at $30. Maybe I'm the only one, who knows? :lol:
[/QUOTE]

I always wanted the set, but then I looked at it. It's a 5 piece wind mill and a truck and pick up truck that I don't really need.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Meanwhile, the one up the road at Beach St and North Tarrant has JACK SQUAT. And what are you doing in Ft Worth when your location says New England?

I might check out the one you mentioned today since you say there's a lot... Is there a good amount of other stuff too, or just what you mentioned?[/QUOTE]

Im in your state, stealing your deals...

lol, Im visiting family. I think thats the right address. It's the super walmart if that helps. they had about 6 aisles of toys and xmas stuff on clearance. Hope you find something.

I know which one you are referring to. I think they are all Super Walmarts around here though. They do everything Super sized in Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back