LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boo, my farm order was canceled, which I figured it would be once they told me it was on backorder. Guess their online inventory isn't 100% accurate. Now its time to play the "can I have such and such set at a similar discount due to my trouble" card and hope for the best.

[quote name='elsnerma']Boo, my farm order was canceled, which I figured it would be once they told me it was on backorder. Guess their online inventory isn't 100% accurate. Now its time to play the "can I have such and such set at a similar discount due to my trouble" card and hope for the best.[/QUOTE]

fuck I was hoping it would come back in stock.

I'm also waiting for the PoP sets to go on clearance online.

It's why I'm glad my pig farm shipped, I never trust the online database until the product ships out.

Does anyone have the Target DPCI # for the Troll Mountain Fortress? I'm curious if any of the targets in my area have it in stock, but a search of the Target website turns up nothing. :( Thanks!

[quote name='Panther Cat']Does anyone have the Target DPCI # for the Troll Mountain Fortress? I'm curious if any of the targets in my area have it in stock, but a search of the Target website turns up nothing. :( Thanks![/QUOTE]

I can give it to you when I get home and look at my receipt, I'm pretty sure it's listed on there.

This was one of my favorite sets as a kid because it had magnets in it:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6989-1
Plus it had bunches of neon green bits :D.

I also had this police set with a 9V battery for lights and siren:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6450-1

And my Police Boat, that I played with endlessly in the tub:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=4010-1

And finally, I had this awesome town set:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6394-1

Ah, memories.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Panther Cat']Does anyone have the Target DPCI # for the Troll Mountain Fortress? I'm curious if any of the targets in my area have it in stock, but a search of the Target website turns up nothing. :( Thanks![/QUOTE]

I found the ASIN# via amazon and used the Target ASIN# tracker, but it doesn't show a Target DPCI. Here's the page for it via the Target ASIN# store inventory tracker:

http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?asin=B001US29BO

EDIT: I got the DPCI at the store by my office:

Troll Mountain Fortress 204-00-0013

So far I've found a store that has/had the Endor set for $69.98 and one that has/had the King's Castle for $49.98, so I'm going to attempt return/rebuys at those locations. Also Troll Mountain Fortress cheapest I've found at Target is $69.98...anyone find any of those sets cheaper?

[quote name='GoingIncognito']
And finally, I had this awesome town set:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6394-1

Ah, memories.[/QUOTE]

I found my set a while ago when my parents were moving. Unfortunately it was missing most of the pieces for the parking ramp but I was able to find another incomplete set on bricklink for less than $20. Combined the two and bingo, had most of the set back together again.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']And my Police Boat, that I played with endlessly in the tub:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=4010-1
[/QUOTE]

I put together that set a couple months ago when I bought a random lot. It was 99% complete too. I'm sure I would have loved it as a kid, but I only got a couple sets a year and that was until I got into video games.

bigdaddy, if you can't get to the Natick Mall, I have the Alamut set I bought at Walmart for $50. I was planning on returning it, but if you want me to hold it for you, let me know.

Anybody think it's time to start a new thread? I think it would be cool to have one where the first post is updated with the latest deals, coupons, etc. I had a hard time looking for the latest $5 S@H coupon the other day.

[quote name='encendido5']

bigdaddy, if you can't get to the Natick Mall, I have the Alamut set I bought at Walmart for $50. I was planning on returning it, but if you want me to hold it for you, let me know.
[/QUOTE]

Nahh... shipping is such a bitch it would cost almost as much as the set would normally. :lol:

I don't really play video games anymore, so I can just make my sig into the latest LEGO deals. :)

Plus use toysandbricks.com, they post the deals and always post the $5 of $20 coupon.

bit random, but if any of you live in the sticks, farm & fleet has their christmas toyland stuff on clearance. my mom, bless her, snagged us a brick bucket (5549) 40% off.

[quote name='karkyco']

So far I've found a store that has/had the Endor set for $69.98 and one that has/had the King's Castle for $49.98, so I'm going to attempt return/rebuys at those locations. Also Troll Mountain Fortress cheapest I've found at Target is $69.98...anyone find any of those sets cheaper?[/QUOTE]

I was just going to post that DPCI now. I ran back to that Target after work to check on those clearance $.39 packets. They had no more, and there was not a single helpful Target employee who wanted to look in the back for me. I would love to find that Kings Castle for $50, as my kid loves Castle stuff.

Edit: Yes, this thread is loooong.
I wish I still had all my old sets. I mean, the new sets today are really awesome, but some of those sets I had were great in their simplicity. The M-Tron stuff (had magnets) were really cool, and some of those old baseplates were nice.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']
Edit: Yes, this thread is loooong.
I wish I still had all my old sets. I mean, the new sets today are really awesome, but some of those sets I had were great in their simplicity. The M-Tron stuff (had magnets) were really cool, and some of those old baseplates were nice.[/QUOTE]

Lego can't make sets with small magnets anymore, new EU laws.

I think Aqua Raiders from 2009 were the last time we will see them.

Yeah, baseplates now are insanely priced. I remember when I was a kid, there were packs of 2 or more baseplates for about a buck each. I still have a huge stack of different ones including who knows how many with the grey craters. I just saw the price on a large grey one, I think it was $16.99!:hot: Sure it's huge but wow, almost $20 just for the baseplate. Sure that's a lot of plastic, but wow.

I checked the Toy Story jeep + army man frontline packets at Target, still $3.99. 90% off on those would be amazing.

[quote name='aunt beast']bit random, but if any of you live in the sticks, farm & fleet has their christmas toyland stuff on clearance. my mom, bless her, snagged us a brick bucket (5549) 40% off.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll have to stop by ours and see.... I know they were completely wiped out well before xmas. One even had minifigs S2.

I think all that was left was mainly bioncle... ugh.

[quote name='karkyco']I found the ASIN# via amazon and used the Target ASIN# tracker, but it doesn't show a Target DPCI. Here's the page for it via the Target ASIN# store inventory tracker:

So far I've found a store that has/had the Endor set for $69.98 and one that has/had the King's Castle for $49.98, so I'm going to attempt return/rebuys at those locations. Also Troll Mountain Fortress cheapest I've found at Target is $69.98...anyone find any of those sets cheaper?[/QUOTE]

Thanks much for that link! I didn't think to check the ASIN; I'll do that next time.

Unfortunately, the DPCI for the Target Inventory Checker (http://trgt.me) doesn't come up with anything, and right now Target's ASIN search is unavailable. *sigh* I'll try your link again tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Anyone think we'll see any of the LEGO sets at Target drop lower than 30% off this week? Guess I'll be checking on Thursday but I suppose they could hang at 30% for a few weeks?

[quote name='Panther Cat']Thanks much for that link! I didn't think to check the ASIN; I'll do that next time.

Unfortunately, the DPCI for the Target Inventory Checker (http://trgt.me) doesn't come up with anything, and right now Target's ASIN search is unavailable. *sigh* I'll try your link again tomorrow.

Thanks again![/QUOTE]

For me at least, the ASIN search never works for certain items. For example, I have been regularly checking the stock of the Space Police station fine but with the Troll Fortress and Alamut sets it has yet to work.

[quote name='etcrane']Anyone think we'll see any of the LEGO sets at Target drop lower than 30% off this week? Guess I'll be checking on Thursday but I suppose they could hang at 30% for a few weeks?[/QUOTE]

My Targets tend to drop toys a lot faster than video games. I'm guessing it's because of how much space clearance toys take up. One recent summer the toys went from 30% straight to 75% at my nearest store. Not betting on that again, though, since Lego started at 15% off.

[quote name='etcrane']Anyone think we'll see any of the LEGO sets at Target drop lower than 30% off this week? Guess I'll be checking on Thursday but I suppose they could hang at 30% for a few weeks?[/QUOTE]

Well at least two people here say it's 50% off at there stores... so it's hit and miss.

[quote name='Panther Cat']Thanks much for that link! I didn't think to check the ASIN; I'll do that next time.

Thanks again![/QUOTE]

That's an awesome site. Are the numbers of the items on the scanner info?

I love that ASIN inventory tracker because it throws up the 10 closest stores with phone numbers so you can easily track inventory and price variations. However, the ASIN inventory tracker doesn't work if the Target DPCI number doesn't show up. That's why Troll Fortress returns "inventory tracker not working right now".

For those items (Echo Base is another one), you have to use the DPCI inventory tracker. I'll link to it tomorrow, but it's in the first post on the official Target clearance thread.

[quote name='karkyco']I found the ASIN# via amazon and used the Target ASIN# tracker, but it doesn't show a Target DPCI. Here's the page for it via the Target ASIN# store inventory tracker:

[quote name='karkyco']I love that ASIN inventory tracker because it throws up the 10 closest stores with phone numbers so you can easily track inventory and price variations. However, the ASIN inventory tracker doesn't work if the Target DPCI number doesn't show up. That's why Troll Fortress returns "inventory tracker not working right now".

For those items (Echo Base is another one), you have to use the DPCI inventory tracker. I'll link to it tomorrow, but it's in the first post on the official Target clearance thread.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for explaining the difference. I've had good luck with the ASIN tracker but never knew why it didn't always work.

Here's the link the DCPI tracker using the Troll Mountain DCPI # you provided.

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?title=fiats&dpci=204-00-0013

This may be YYMV but i got the turbo tank for $59.98 it scanned at $119 but has a clearance sticker that matched the set for $59.98 also saw it at another target for $83(i think) but that scanned/rang up for $83

[quote name='ig88vsbobafett']This may be YYMV but i got the turbo tank for $59.98 it scanned at $119 but has a clearance sticker that matched the set for $59.98 also saw it at another target for $83(i think) but that scanned/rang up for $83[/QUOTE]

I saw a Clone Turbo Tank at the Target I was at yesterday but it didn't have a clearance sticker. Would have been a good find for me. I'm still checking their website daily to see if the Venator goes on a good sale (it's down to $101 now) since I missed out on it from S@H.

I finally saw my first 50% off at Target. The Space Police ship is down to $50.98 and they have tons of them at the one in Saugus.

The Troll Fortress is still $85.

[quote name='encendido5']I finally saw my first 50% off at Target. The Space Police ship is down to $50.98 and they have tons of them at the one in Saugus..[/QUOTE]

Odd price but whatever. I'll be heading to one on Thursday, I hope they last that long.

LEGO.com does indeed have great customer service. I asked if I could have Garmadons Dark Fortress 2505 for half off due to them cancelling my farm, and they agreed. Also still allowed me to use my $15.00 in VIP rewards points, which helped take care of the shipping and tax. Was unable to use the brickmaster coupon code however, which was a long shot since I'm not a brickmaster member....but I'm very happy.

[quote name='elsnerma']LEGO.com does indeed have great customer service. I asked if I could have Garmadons Dark Fortress 2505 for half off due to them cancelling my farm, and they agreed. Also still allowed me to use my $15.00 in VIP rewards points, which helped take care of the shipping and tax. Was unable to use the brickmaster coupon code however, which was a long shot since I'm not a brickmaster member....but I'm very happy.[/QUOTE]

Whoa! Damn, maybe I should have asked for something like this when I called to see what happened to the Venator I had in my cart. Oh well, glad to know their service is good quality.

You had it in your cart, he bought it and was on backordered and then canceled.

I would have picked a better set than NinjaGo. :lol: However I can't remember what is inside it, so if you are opening it now I'm curious to what's in it.

[quote name='bigdaddy']You had it in your cart, he bought it and was on backordered and then canceled.

I would have picked a better set than NinjaGo. :lol: However I can't remember what is inside it, so if you are opening it now I'm curious to what's in it.[/QUOTE]

True, but you never know ;)

I looked at that set, and it has skeleton missiles. Yes, Skeleton Missiles. What is Lego's current fascination with flick-firing stuff? Even the Build-A-Buzz has a flick-firing laser missile thing. Some of the NinjaGo stuff looks alright, but I've never been a massive fan of the whole Ninja thing. Personally I prefer Castle/Knights stuff if we're talking the genre, but this NinjaGo theme seems to incorporate the high fantasy stuff that is being phased out with the Kingdoms line (in favor of humans only in those sets, that is). It'll probably be the only place to get skeletons, etc. My most favorite is space themed stuff, though :)

Edit: FYI, the Venator is now considered "clearance" on Target's website (but still not available in stores). I'll be keeping an eye on it to see how low it goes and post here if it gets to a decent price.

Got greedy hoping for 50% off the Space Police base, which was gone today at 30%.

[quote name='GoingIncognito'] Personally I prefer Castle/Knights stuff if we're talking the genre, but this NinjaGo theme seems to incorporate the high fantasy stuff that is being phased out with the Kingdoms line (in favor of humans only in those sets, that is).[/QUOTE]

NinjaGo has skeletons driving super-charged hot rods of death fighting Ninjas. Plus some of the skeletons have lionitis and extra arms. Definitely high fantasy. :D What bothers me is that any D&D geek like me knows you never try fighting skeletons with blade weapons. Still, I'll definitely be getting some of the sets, if for no other reason than the bones are awesome.

[quote name='encendido5']I finally saw my first 50% off at Target. The Space Police ship is down to $50.98 and they have tons of them at the one in Saugus.

The Troll Fortress is still $85.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, the Target around my way has these at a "temporary price cut" of $69.99! That ship is pretty bad ass and I would definitely bite at $50. Some of those Space Police Villain figures are awesome, too bad the police figures are meh.

The Troll Fortress set is stocked heavily at two of my local Targets and priced at $70 clearance. I've seen some boxes with up to 3 clearance stickers stacked on. Anyone think this will drop lower?

[quote name='salty tbone']Got greedy hoping for 50% off the Space Police base, which was gone today at 30%.

NinjaGo has skeletons driving super-charged hot rods of death fighting Ninjas. Plus some of the skeletons have lionitis and extra arms. Definitely high fantasy. :D What bothers me is that any D&D geek like me knows you never try fighting skeletons with blade weapons. Still, I'll definitely be getting some of the sets, if for no other reason than the bones are awesome.[/QUOTE]

Haha! I went and looked at the sets on S@H. You're right, skeletons and hot-rods! I think it's all just too much for me, plus the fact that it's like some sort of actual game thingie..or something. The minifigs and accessories look cool, though. I might try to pick up some of them, but not the actual sets.

Edit: FYI, Barnes and Noble has the Stormtrooper clock in stock online. I think someone was asking about it (http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Toy...ifigure-clock/e/830659002137/?itm=8&USRI=lego)

I think Ninjago is great, mostly because I was big fan of the 90's Ninja sets. It had the best elements of the Castle line, but with Samurai and Ninjas instead of knights, which I loved as a kid. This line isn't quite as cool as the 90's line, but I think ninjas versus skeletons is pretty sweet. Especially when you consider LEGO could have just recycled the Castle Skellies, but instead went and made brand new body and head sculpts, and several new face prints. The gold colored weapons are kinda silly since gold would never be used to make a sword or axe due to how soft the metal is. The shurikens are supposed to be ice elemental, so why arent they blue/white? They look cool enough I suppose , and I guess that's what LEGO is going for.

Regarding my set choice, I've mostly had my eye on Garmadon's Fortress for the figures, though the building looks to be decent too. If I ever get a Dr. Wily minifig, he would feel at home here. I could have asked for the Death Star for half off, but I would have probably been laughed at. Wanted to pick something close in price to the farm, as I felt that was more reasonable.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Haha! I went and looked at the sets on S@H. You're right, skeletons and hot-rods! I think it's all just too much for me, plus the fact that it's like some sort of actual game thingie..or something. The minifigs and accessories look cool, though. I might try to pick up some of them, but not the actual sets.[/QUOTE]

The game thing looks incredibly stupid, however the hot rod set is really funny.

The two smallest sets are really good, the $7 has a ninja and a weird footed skellie, so it might be worth a look.

I'm hoping for a TRU B2G1 and pick up the $5 NinjaGo, Atlantis and PQ sets.

fecking hell. that stormtrooper clock at B&N is kids' club eligible - practically the only lego thing on the site that is. but the H4W9V7M coupon expired yesterday. FML

Just to weigh in on NinjaGo ... Not feeling it, but then I realize it's not for me, it's more for kids who would think it's awesome and I'm fine with that. I do really like PQ though, even though I have yet to buy anything.

Anyone else notice in the latest Lego catalog that the Anubis Guards are shown in the 2nd smallest PQ set in the picture of included minifigs. Obviously they were replaced by mummies in the final release but I wonder if Lego was considering releasing the set with anubis guys at one point instead. Kind of pisses me off that there's no cost effective way to get Anubis guards without buying a bunch of the $100 sets. Even the magnets are worthless since everything is glued now.

I used my TRU rewards to get some ninja go spinners, and the kids had a blast playing with them. They didn't use the cards at all, and my 5 yr. old had a bit of trouble getting them to spin as well as he wanted. They haven't shown any interest in regular sets though.

Picked up the Creator Sonic Boom at Walmart for $30... very happy with this find.

[quote name='etcrane']I do really like PQ though, even though I have yet to buy anything.
.[/QUOTE]

I think the sets look cool. I think they were trying for a "The Mummy" movie feel, without the licensing costs :). The Anubis Guards look great. Hopefully they expand on this series.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Lego can't make sets with small magnets anymore, new EU laws.

I think Aqua Raiders from 2009 were the last time we will see them.[/QUOTE]

why not!?!

[quote name='n64ra']why not!?![/QUOTE]

EU and I think the USA made new laws about small magnets in toys. LEGO redid the magnet sets and the train buffers because of that. So there is really no way to redo the old magnet arms with the new laws. The small magnets are huge choking hazards.

I thought there were pictures of three new summer PQ sets, but maybe it was just a blurry version of the current sets. We will find out in a few weeks when the toy fairs happen.

[quote name='bigdaddy']EU and I think the USA made new laws about small magnets in toys. LEGO redid the magnet sets and the train buffers because of that. So there is really no way to redo the old magnet arms with the new laws. The small magnets are huge choking hazards.

I thought there were pictures of three new summer PQ sets, but maybe it was just a blurry version of the current sets. We will find out in a few weeks when the toy fairs happen.[/QUOTE]

I believe the bigger concern with magnets isn't choking but rather if a child swallow 2 magnets at different times they can link up across their intestines and cause lots of damage. The choking wouldn't be that much different because the size of the magnets were roughly the same size as lego pieces to begin with.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']I think the sets look cool. I think they were trying for a "The Mummy" movie feel, without the licensing costs :). The Anubis Guards look great. Hopefully they expand on this series.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that has to be exactly what they were going for, because the first time I came across any of those sets, the very first thing that popped into my head was "The Mummy."

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I believe the bigger concern with magnets isn't choking but rather if a child swallow 2 magnets at different times they can link up across their intestines and cause lots of damage. The choking wouldn't be that much different because the size of the magnets were roughly the same size as lego pieces to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I meant, magnets in the human body does a lot of damnage. The LEGO magnets were incredibly strong.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, that has to be exactly what they were going for, because the first time I came across any of those sets, the very first thing that popped into my head was "The Mummy."[/QUOTE]

Actually I was thinking of Age of Mythology when I first saw that, but yeah the Mummy movie came to mind too.

Yeah, I can see AoM in the theme, too, but I guess it had to do with the sets I saw. The Flying Mummy Attack caught my eye first, and that definitely reminds you of the scene in The Mummy.

[quote name='ackbar7']I am really tempted by this. Sort of decided I wanted the Green Grocer soon after it pretty much disappeared. I don't have anything that really goes with it though...
http://cgi.ebay.com/LEGO-Creator-Gr...951?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb2947377[/QUOTE]

It's a great set, probably my favorite and still the best of the modular units imo. I have an unopened Grand Emporium I'm debating on whether to keep or not, but my Green Grocer (which I just disassembled to move) will never be put up for sale, simply because I love the look of it. If you can grab one for anywhere near $150 or even $200, then I say do it. If you look at Cafe Corner as an indicator, it will inevitably cost you much more in the future and even as a standalone set, it still looks simply spectacular. Best architecture on a modular thus far and it's right after they started messing around with interiors, so it has more detail than Cafe Corner but perhaps not quite as much as the newer sets. Also goes great with Indiana Jones sets and City sets.

I missed out on the Space Police Central set (5985) and would love to have it. If anyone wants to trade, here's what I have to offer:

7573 Battle of Alamut
7637 Farm
7597 Western Train Chase
7754 Home One

I don't need the box, either, to simplify shipping. All of my sets are new and I would like to have the set in unopened bags to ensure that it's complete. Please pm me if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back