LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
target has the S3 minifigures in their valentines section for $2.99. hey, i'd rather have minifigs than candy. well, i'd rather have both.

Of all the times my local Target has to be reasonable, it's now. They don't have a Valentine's section. Every other store had a Valentine's section before Christmas. Of course, I don't know what gives me the right to complain, since I had the opportunity to get Series 3 two months ago.
I missed the fisherman. I had him in my hands, before I knew he was rare and I sat him down on the shelf in my "buy" pile as I continued to feel up the other bags (this was literally hours before the dot code was revealed on FBTB). When I got home and opened my bags I sat staring at 3 Gorilla men and a sumo wrestler, wondering what happened to the fisherman and how I managed to grab the wrong bags. Oh well, it's not a big deal.

[quote name='aunt beast']target has the S3 minifigures in their valentines section for $2.99. hey, i'd rather have minifigs than candy. well, i'd rather have both.[/QUOTE]

That's exciting but I have to wonder if my two crappy ones will get them.

My box from EE shipped at $194

Which is like paying 2.99 plus tax.

TRU has been out for weeks and borders isn't getting any.

Maybe I'm lucky or people don't really care to look, but I've been to my LEGO store 3x this past week and every time I go in I've managed to get a few each of the ones I really like (Fisherman, Elf and Samurai).

For those who are in Texas, Brick Fiesta has opened public registration: http://brickfiesta.com/

For those who are in California, Bricks by the Bay has opened public registration: http://www.bricksbythebay.com/

I'm waiting for the Fan Attendee to open. Can't wait for the LEGO shopping event again. Who knows, I just might be able to get Green Grocer for $30 (assuming Crane doesn't grab the last one)! :)

Predicted 8 to MAYBE 16 inches of snow...

20 inches later....

"We were so right with this storm!"

fucking news scum.

Should be fun trying to get to a Target and a 'friend's" tomorrow.

I just bought 17 packets from my Target (yup, in the Valentine's section, two overflowing boxes.) The crib sheet is REALLY difficult to use. Honestly, feeling the packages is about as reliable, those little bumps are almost invisible. But I was able to score everything but the elf, fisherman, tennis and sumo. Heading back later today.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Maybe I'm lucky or people don't really care to look, but I've been to my LEGO store 3x this past week and every time I go in I've managed to get a few each of the ones I really like (Fisherman, Elf and Samurai).

For those who are in Texas, Brick Fiesta has opened public registration: http://brickfiesta.com/

For those who are in California, Bricks by the Bay has opened public registration: http://www.bricksbythebay.com/

I'm waiting for the Fan Attendee to open. Can't wait for the LEGO shopping event again. Who knows, I just might be able to get Green Grocer for $30 (assuming Crane doesn't grab the last one)! :)[/QUOTE]

I'm going for the Deathstar this year, Jay ;)

[quote name='bigdaddy']Predicted 8 to MAYBE 16 inches of snow...

20 inches later....

"We were so right with this storm!"

fucking news scum.

Should be fun trying to get to a Target and a 'friend's" tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Im with you there

Found a Lunar Limo at Target for $16. Couldn't resist even though I bought a couple from Walmart for $1.50 cheaper. Odd, though, since other sets (Atlantis) were still 15% off.

Also bought a couple Series 3 minifigs from the Valentine's Day section, thanks for the tip. Now to convince a Valentine to buy me minifigs ...

[quote name='salty tbone']Found a Lunar Limo at Target for $16. Couldn't resist even though I bought a couple from Walmart for $1.50 cheaper. Odd, though, since other sets (Atlantis) were still 15% off.

Also bought a couple Series 3 minifigs from the Valentine's Day section, thanks for the tip. Now to convince a Valentine to buy me minifigs ...[/QUOTE]

Where in PA are you, out of curiosity? Wondering if the Target you go to is anywhere near me.

When you guys are trying to find certain figures for the LEGO mini figs you can use an iPhone app called red laser. In October I was at Target and wanted the vampire and witch mini figs. my wife suggested using the red laser app to scan the bar codes with my phone. worked like a charm. Sorry if someone posted this already buy I'm not searching through 389 pages.

[quote name='mmercer13']When you guys are trying to find certain figures for the LEGO mini figs you can use an iPhone app called red laser. In October I was at Target and wanted the vampire and witch mini figs. my wife suggested using the red laser app to scan the bar codes with my phone. worked like a charm. Sorry if someone posted this already buy I'm not searching through 389 pages.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, too bad they're not using the barcodes anymore...

[quote name='etcrane']I'm going for the Deathstar this year, Jay ;)[/QUOTE]
You, or another sympathetic soul, could grab the GG for me then... :pray:

[quote name='xycury']That's exciting but I have to wonder if my two crappy ones will get them.[/QUOTE]

My closest store didn't get the series 2 eventhough they had shelf space correctly tagged for them during halloween. But they had two full boxes of series 3 this morning. I don't have a DCPI # for you because they weren't ringing up correctly.

Felt out 2 fishermen to make sure I've got enough.

[quote name='Pirate331']You, or another sympathetic soul, could grab the GG for me then... :pray:[/QUOTE]

Haha, I'd try to grab a couple good sets for folks on this board, assuming of course the ass hat hoarders don't stay in the store and buy 10 of everything at the end of the night before I can get back in. I swear, this year there are a couple people I can clearly remember who may get a swift kick to the nuts if I see them doing that again.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']So what event is this? And did someone mention Legos on sale? :D[/QUOTE]

http://www.bricksbythebay.com/

Jay can tell you more, as he's directly involved. Hotel reservations just went up, this year it will be in Santa Clara, CA if I'm not mistaken. Last year they had a LEGO store shopping night with damaged box sets for 50% off ... sets like Cafe Corner, the Ferriswheel and Millennium Falcon. If you're interested, wait until they list the convention ticket pricing, which should be soon I imagine.

[quote name='etcrane']Haha, I'd try to grab a couple good sets for folks on this board, assuming of course the ass hat hoarders don't stay in the store and buy 10 of everything at the end of the night before I can get back in. I swear, this year there are a couple people I can clearly remember who may get a swift kick to the nuts if I see them doing that again.

http://www.bricksbythebay.com/

Jay can tell you more, as he's directly involved. Hotel reservations just went up, this year it will be in Santa Clara, CA if I'm not mistaken. Last year they had a LEGO store shopping night with damaged box sets for 50% off ... sets like Cafe Corner, the Ferriswheel and Millennium Falcon. If you're interested, wait until they list the convention ticket pricing, which should be soon I imagine.[/QUOTE]

Well, I can't make a trip out there (I'm East Coast :p), unfortunately. I'd be more than happy to buy some sets from people who can get out there, though :D.

[quote name='180husher']My closest store didn't get the series 2 eventhough they had shelf space correctly tagged for them during halloween. But they had two full boxes of series 3 this morning. I don't have a DCPI # for you because they weren't ringing up correctly.

Felt out 2 fishermen to make sure I've got enough.[/QUOTE]

Well seems like mine had the halloween ones, but only two boxes at each store... so I'm thinking again, only maybe 2 or 4 boxes.

I've got enough, but I could always use some more elves :cool:

Series 4 is going to be ridiculous though, can't wait for that. I'm hoping it's late enough where it might come out for some Easter thing....

And I'm still waiting to see that new Kingdoms baggies that are out there.

I also would like to find the Kingdom baggies. I check at Target every time I go but no luck, I look forward to the Easter Star Wars minis. AAT and Star Destroyer I believe?

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']I also would like to find the Kingdom baggies. I check at Target every time I go but no luck, I look forward to the Easter Star Wars minis. AAT and Star Destroyer I believe?[/QUOTE]

The sets come out at random times. Last year places had the mini SW sets and others didn't. Then they were widely released at XMas. I like the Kingdoms set with the Apple tree.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Maybe I'm lucky or people don't really care to look, but I've been to my LEGO store 3x this past week and every time I go in I've managed to get a few each of the ones I really like (Fisherman, Elf and Samurai).

I'm waiting for the Fan Attendee to open. Can't wait for the LEGO shopping event again. Who knows, I just might be able to get Green Grocer for $30 (assuming Crane doesn't grab the last one)! :)[/QUOTE]

Do any of these events ever make it to NY?! I'm so tempted to plan a trip to CA, but my boss would kill me if I took another mini vacation. Ugh.

Well, I too would be interested in some Creator sets as well if anyone who's attending would like to help out.

I try to always extend myself to fellow CAGs so I'll post certain clearance items I find at my local Target and Legostore and if anyone is interested I'll be more then happy to pick it up for them. I only accept paypal and don't need an gratuities. Just pay for the set and shipping. :)

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Do any of these events ever make it to NY?! I'm so tempted to plan a trip to CA, but my boss would kill me if I took another mini vacation. Ugh.

Well, I too would be interested in some Creator sets as well if anyone who's attending would like to help out.

I try to always extend myself to fellow CAGs so I'll post certain clearance items I find at my local Target and Legostore and if anyone is interested I'll be more then happy to pick it up for them. I only accept paypal and don't need an gratuities. Just pay for the set and shipping. :)[/QUOTE]

The East Coast never gets the good events. When PAX finally made it out to Boston, I was unable to attend. Oh well. I can live vicariously through other people's Lego event pictures :D

Lego Star Wars Battle of Endor set is now $49.98 at various Targets. I got mine price adjusted via a return/rebuy to that price. Advent Calendar is $17.50 at a couple of Targets.

there are still advent calendars out there? naked santa FTW.

reportedly, the DCPI for the S3 minifigs at target is 204-00-0426. i checked and my local target has none (of course) and i'll have to drive an hour if i want to see any. pfft. i need a fisherman.

[quote name='skiizim']So who's house can I crash at (along with my wife and daughter) if I decide to go.[/QUOTE]
I would, but all 4 rooms are occupied, unless you and your family want to stay in my backyard shed with the LEGOs.

Really though, where in CA do you reside? If you haven't been to a LEGO convention, then you should make it out to BBTB. Bring that it's in March, that should give you enough time to plan. It's the only one in California.

I checked out 2 Targets by me and none of them had S3 Minifigs. As a matter of fact, 1 store wasn't even set up for Valentine's!

ripped from fbtb:

"[SW sale at TRU:] The 8129-At-At is going for $83.99, Slave I is going for $62.99 and the extremely long-in-the-tooth 6212 X-Wing is marked down to $41.99. And if you are fortunate enough to have a TRU that sells the Death Star, it's $40 off. Plus shipping is free on all orders over $100."

Does Lego stuff go to 75% at Target, I picked up some Power Miner sets today at 50%, but my store was picked over by the time I got there at 2pm. I thought the big drop would happen on the 20th.

[quote name='aunt beast']ripped from fbtb:

"[SW sale at TRU:] The 8129-At-At is going for $83.99"[/QUOTE]If that price is in-store, I'll pick it up and use my $25 rewards!

Has anyone else seen a new drop on Target today? The 2 near me are still at 30%-50% and one of them has a bunch of the SP Galactic Enforcers sitting in the clearance area at $60-something. I'd like to pick this one up, but only if it drops even further.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']If that price is in-store, I'll pick it up and use my $25 rewards!

Has anyone else seen a new drop on Target today? The 2 near me are still at 30%-50% and one of them has a bunch of the SP Galactic Enforcers sitting in the clearance area at $60-something. I'd like to pick this one up, but only if it drops even further.[/QUOTE]

I saw a bunch of the Galactic Enforcers at $50 something, but not at every store.

The Troll Mountain Fortress was marked down to half off.

[quote name='prayformojo']Does Lego stuff go to 75% at Target, I picked up some Power Miner sets today at 50%, but my store was picked over by the time I got there at 2pm. I thought the big drop would happen on the 20th.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Has anyone else seen a new drop on Target today? The 2 near me are still at 30%-50% and one of them has a bunch of the SP Galactic Enforcers sitting in the clearance area at $60-something. I'd like to pick this one up, but only if it drops even further.[/QUOTE]

My stores had their (presumably) final drop today. Most toys to 75%, Lego to 50%. Whether Lego would drop past 50% is a moot point for me, at least, since every store was ransacked. I knew I shouldn't have slept in. :lol: Did find a Lavatraz (DCPI 204 00 0854) and Gator Swamp (204 00 0841) each for $20.

Not sure if the Gator Swamp just had faulty packaging or there's something really desirable, because I saw four boxes with the back open.

The wife picked up Power miners Lavatraz, Claw Catcher, and World Racers Gater set each for around $20...

She also found a Lego table on clearance for $20.

Haven't checked every store for it, but the one closest to me has the Galactic Enforcer for $60.99, and it seems to be a "sale price" not a clearance as it ends in .x9 instead of .x4, .x0, or .x8

I'm going to wait on the Battle of Alamut (seen 6+ at various locations for $50.xx, all either mismarked at $70.xx or not labeled for clearance), Troll Fortress (still holding at $70 at best, not 50% off yet GD it :bomb:), and space police, racers, mining, and atlantis sets. I shouldn't have lagged on the Echo base sets that were still left at $17.50, looks like those are gone. I'm hoping the few Darth Vader TIE fighters that are left locally will drop below 20.xx as they aren't marked and not in the clearance section.

Those Toys R Us discounts (I know they had a bunch more discounted but mostly sold already) just aren't enough for me to pull the trigger, but boy do I want those Star Wars sets. Maybe I'll pick them up. Is that sale for a limited time or until they are gone?

[quote name='ig88vsbobafett']I Just got the Pop fight for the danger set for $3 at Kmart[/QUOTE]

90% off? Didn't realize that was even possible any more. Sweet find.

Found two Echo Bases for $17, Bunch of Racers & PoP at 50% and about 8+ Troll Fortress marked at $70 @ my Target... Hoping the Galactic Enforcer hits $50 around here....

Troll Fortress scans for $50 at my Target, but I recently bought it for $70 like 5 days ago. They refused to make a price adjustment for me even though I had the receipt. Now I have to physically go BACK to my Target tomorrow with the Troll Fortress itself plus the receipt and hope they don't give me trouble when I try to return and rebuy it. Picked up some stuff for 50% off. I'll list it later, though...I'm perusing Target's return policy trying to find the place where it says they won't price adjust a clearance item, and won't allow me to rebuy it if I return it.

Edit: Got 2x 8057 Wreck Raider $5/ea, 8191 Lavatraz $20, 8188 Fire Blaster $5, 5868 Ferocious Creatures $15. Saw a 8190 Claw Catcher for $15, but was already spending too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JAYMATIK']If that price is in-store, I'll pick it up and use my $25 rewards!

Has anyone else seen a new drop on Target today? The 2 near me are still at 30%-50% and one of them has a bunch of the SP Galactic Enforcers sitting in the clearance area at $60-something. I'd like to pick this one up, but only if it drops even further.[/QUOTE]

I'm really considering going, the wife is off for spring break, I just have to talk to her see if she wants to make the trip. I'll say we'll visit her brother in Santa Cruz.

I live in Riverside though, so making the trip means making a vacation out of it. I have family up there but they live in San Fransisco or further up north, I do have a friend that has family in San Jose and his brothers are cops in Santa Clara, but I know his girl won't let him make the trip. Decisions, Decision, Decisions!!!!

Wal-Mart @ Mountain View, CA (off of El Camino Real) had 3 Portal of Atlantis marked down to $24. I would have picked one of them up, except it wouldn't have fit in my suitcase. Hope someone else can grab them.

[quote name='donniedroc']Wal-Mart @ Mountain View, CA (off of El Camino Real) had 3 Portal of Atlantis marked down to $24. I would have picked one of them up, except it wouldn't have fit in my suitcase. Hope someone else can grab them.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap ...

S@H shipping just sucks.

Packages delivered by the postman can be left at my door. Packages delivered by Fedex can be left at my door. But if you use both, like S@H does with their Fedex Smartpost, somebody has to physically be here to receive the package??? And the 2 PAB pieces I ordered to get the coupon to work are coming from Poland by DHL...that alone has to be more than the $4.95 shipping they charged for the total order.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']If that price is in-store, I'll pick it up and use my $25 rewards![/QUOTE]

TRU 4-day super sale, friday through monday, "30% off select SW lego sets" and pics show the x-wing, AT-AT, slave I, and something that looks like hoth wampa set (corner of box has a snow speeder). this is in-store.

same ad says "30% off an assortment of PoP lego" and shows ostrich race and, i think, desert attack.

here's a scan of the ad:

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/med...&camp=CME:20110113_Em_TRUBRU_MLK%20TRU%204Day

edited to add: evidently some toy story is also 30% off; i missed that one...

ripped from SD:

Showing on-line 30% off:

LEGO Star Wars:
Slave 1 (8097) List Price: $89.99 Our Price: $62.99
At-At Walker (8129) List Price: $119.99 Our Price: $83.99
Limited Edition X-wing Fighter (6212) List Price: $59.99 Our Price: $41.99
Hoth Wampa Set List Price: $44.99 Our Price: $31.49

Prince of Persia sets:
Hassassin Hideout (7569) List Price: $11.99 Our Price: $8.39
The Ostrich Race (7570) List Price: $21.99 Our Price: $15.39

LEGO Toy Story sets:
Construct a Buzz Lightyear (7592) List Price: $27.99 Our Price: $19.59
Garbage Truck Getaway (7599) List Price: $44.99 Our Price: $31.49

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aunt beast']TRU 4-day super sale, friday through monday, "30% off select SW lego sets" and pics show the x-wing, AT-AT, slave I, and something that looks like echo base (corner of box has a snow speeder). this is in-store.

same ad says "30% off an assortment of PoP lego" and shows ostrich race and, i think, desert attack.

here's a scan of the ad:

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/med...&camp=CME:20110113_Em_TRUBRU_MLK%20TRU%204Day

edited to add: evidently some toy story is also 30% off; i missed that one...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. The "unknown SW set" is the Wampa/Hoth ambush, not Echo base. That one is obviously the lowest sale price listed, $31.49. AT-AT being $83.99 as reported. X-Wing someone said was $41.99, any idea on the price of Slave I? "All other SW sets on sale". If I had some coupons or rewards bucks I'd be all over it.

The PoP is the Ostrich Race and the Desert Attack.

[quote name='karkyco']Thanks for that. The "unknown SW set" is the Wampa/Hoth ambush, not Echo base. That one is obviously the lowest sale price listed, $31.49. AT-AT being $83.99 as reported. X-Wing someone said was $41.99, any idea on the price of Slave I? "All other SW sets on sale". If I had some coupons or rewards bucks I'd be all over it.

The PoP is the Ostrich Race and the Desert Attack.[/QUOTE]

Well, you could look at the price for slave 1 on TRU.com and find out that it's $62.99... or you know, the post above yours.

[quote name='karkyco']Thanks for that. The "unknown SW set" is the Wampa/Hoth ambush, not Echo base. That one is obviously the lowest sale price listed, $31.49. AT-AT being $83.99 as reported. X-Wing someone said was $41.99, any idea on the price of Slave I? "All other SW sets on sale". If I had some coupons or rewards bucks I'd be all over it.

The PoP is the Ostrich Race and the Desert Attack.[/QUOTE]

I want one of those 6212 X-Wings, but it's $45.99 w/BR120 from S@H, so it's not like $42 is an actual massive discount. I guess I'm on the fence about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back