Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were you, I'd get Aquaman and the Simpsons level pack, and skip Gollum/Krusty. I'd wait for the Simpsons pack to be like half off, of course.

I... am actually wondering about buying more Cyberman packs for an army of Cyberman. I already pre-ordered 3... though 1-2 or them will probably end up being $2.50 each.
Hahaha, I can't imagine buying that many cyberman packs. Although, if they're only $2.50, that's a whole different story.

Went ahead and canceled Gollum and Krusty. Now I'm wondering if I should do the same with Doc Brown. Stupid Lego.

I definitely regret not getting 10 or so Cybermen packs when they were 2.50. I ended up with 2, but having several Daleks and Cybermen would be nice.

I definitely regret not getting 10 or so Cybermen packs when they were 2.50. I ended up with 2, but having several Daleks and Cybermen would be nice.
Oh my gosh, it would have been worth it to have an angry of Dalek and Cybermen fighting each other.

Oh my gosh, it would have been worth it to have an angry of Dalek and Cybermen fighting each other.
Well, in DW canon, it takes like 3 Daleks to take on thousands of Cybermen, so...

Also, the Doctor Who ideas set has better Daleks.

Dalek vs Weeping Angels OTOH...

I forgot to post this from the GS ad.

21.jpg

Good to know that we have that long on it.

Is the 50% off fun packs at GameStop in store as well, or is it YMMV? When I try to order a Fun Pack for in-store pickup, it tells me the in-store price is $14.99.

I believe they are ringing up 50% in store. I know when I was there Tuesday they were.

Is the 50% off fun packs at GameStop in store as well, or is it YMMV? When I try to order a Fun Pack for in-store pickup, it tells me the in-store price is $14.99.
Only the fun packs were 50% off at my local GameStop. Better getting them from Best Buy for $6 if you have Gamer's Club Unlocked.

Best Buy's pre-order ones aren't $7.50 ($6 w/ GCU) though. I guess we'll have to wait.

I've been wondering if these will be like regular LEGO sets that eventually retire and become hard to find.

They need a price drop on the level packs.

Well, in DW canon, it takes like 3 Daleks to take on thousands of Cybermen, so...

Also, the Doctor Who ideas set has better Daleks.

Dalek vs Weeping Angels OTOH...
Well yeah, but still it would have been fun to have an army of both in LEGO form littering the house. :rofl:

Weeping angels are creepy as fuck, don't think I would want a bunch of plastic ones though.

The last thing anyone needs is mini Weeping Angels. Anything that takes on the image of an angel becomes an angel itself xD

Same date for Best Buy with GCU.
Where was the end date for the BBY sale stated? I was gonna buy them all today, but if the sale is extended until the end of the month I might hold off since I don't have a copy of the game yet >.>

It's not in the weekly ad, and the sale page on the site doesn't mention end date as far as I can tell.

Where was the end date for the BBY sale stated? I was gonna buy them all today, but if the sale is extended until the end of the month I might hold off since I don't have a copy of the game yet >.>

It's not in the weekly ad, and the sale page on the site doesn't mention end date as far as I can tell.
The sign in the store says so. There's a picture of the sign floating around somewhere. I'll post it when I find it.

EDIT: Here it is. Goes through 1/30

http://imgur.com/RLd2VPX

Only the fun packs were 50% off at my local GameStop. Better getting them from Best Buy for $6 if you have Gamer's Club Unlocked.
Yeah, I've got a couple of fun packs from BB. My local BB cancelled my in-store pickup order of Bad Cop because they don't have it anymore though, so I was just going to pick it up at GS. I'll just give them a call to make sure it's not YMMV. :)

So before the new level packs come out all I need now it the BTTF one. I hope it drops in soon.

Here is the list of fun packs I have.

Unikitty

Emmet

Cragger

Legolas

Zane

Wicked Witch

And then the Scooby Team pack. Are there any other fun packs I need besides maybe Aquaman and or Krusty?

And besides the JP Team pack.

Thanks

So before the new level packs come out all I need now it the BTTF one. I hope it drops in soon.

Here is the list of fun packs I have.

Unikitty

Emmet

Cragger

Legolas

Zane

Wicked Witch

And then the Scooby Team pack. Are there any other fun packs I need besides maybe Aquaman and or Krusty?

And besides the JP Team pack.

Thanks
I'm kind of surprised- you don't have Cyborg, Benny or plans to buy Cyberman. Those three are pretty amazing swiss army knives with more skills than average.

^^^

I was able to score the Cyberman for $2.50 from AMZ. Didn't know that he shares the same abilities as Cyborg and Benny. I was going to those two but if I don't have to I'll wait for Cyberman. And it is hard to find a site that really explains all the characters abilities and or what they don't do. lol

Thanks for the info as well. Do you think I should get Cyborg or just wait it out?

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere ..

I have the base game and all of the level packs. Which other characters from the fun packs are important to 100% platinum trophy the game or to access locked areas?

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere ..

I have the base game and all of the level packs. Which other characters from the fun packs are important to 100% platinum trophy the game or to access locked areas?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Legodimensions/wiki/tracker

Try that. You'll need to open it up, but on the right hand side, it gives a list of the cheapest way to hit 100%. Some of the packs (Aquaman, slimer) aren't out yet, and it obviously doesn't account for any packs currently unannounced.

Try that. You'll need to open it up, but on the right hand side, it gives a list of the cheapest way to hit 100%. Some of the packs (Aquaman, slimer) aren't out yet, and it obviously doesn't account for any packs currently unannounced.
Is this the correct page by chance?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Legodimensions/wiki/abilities

When I look on the right there isn't anything there telling which packs I need, sorry. :(

*nvm* looks like this is the one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Legodimensions/comments/3rn2r9/revised_minimum_sets_need_to_get_everything_now/?ref=search_posts

Wow, that spreadsheet is EXTREMELY helpful!! Thanks for sharing!

Based on this, I just ordered Cyberman and Sensei Wu, which should unlock everything for me now (once I get all of the unreleased stuff and other level packs). Question on Sensei Wu. Before checking him off, I had all of the abilities and levels checked other than the 100% Completion section. I have Zane ordered for the Ninjago World, and I have Legolas for the Pole Vault ability. Is there anything else Sensei Wu would be good for, or do I have everything he offers covered with my other characters?

Wow, that spreadsheet is EXTREMELY helpful!! Thanks for sharing!

Based on this, I just ordered Cyberman and Sensei Wu, which should unlock everything for me now (once I get all of the unreleased stuff and other level packs). Question on Sensei Wu. Before checking him off, I had all of the abilities and levels checked other than the 100% Completion section. I have Zane ordered for the Ninjago World, and I have Legolas for the Pole Vault ability. Is there anything else Sensei Wu would be good for, or do I have everything he offers covered with my other characters?
The 100% part is just that guy's way to get to 100% the cheapest. You can get there in many other ways.

Noob question from someone who bought their first fun pack.

Is it suppose to include instructions to build the vehicle? All I got were instructions to build the minifigure (which I would have figured out if you gave me enough time >_>)

Is it suppose to include instructions to build the vehicle? All I got were instructions to build the minifigure (which I would have figured out if you gave me enough time >_>)
The instructions are in the game. When you get to certain parts in the game there will be an instruction booklet that will appear on the screen to start building.

As soon as you put the Fun Pack character on the base, the instructions will pop up

Ohhh ok thank you guys. Damn I wasn't planning on buying the game anytime soon but i wanted to collect some figures in the meantime.

Looks like online it is

I just watch youtube videos when I want to build the vehicles before playing

You actually have to switch to the character, build it, the save it on the tag.

I used Youtube videos too, but they're pretty annoying with the length they spend on each page. Sometimes, they'll spend 30 seconds on something simple, then like 5 seconds on a page with 20 pieces.

Thanks again guys all this info was very helpful.

I'd really love to play this game but I have such a huge backlog i feel like it will just sit there in the background and the price it demands (along with all the figures and whatnot) is just too much right now for it to just sit there.

Perhaps when it hits $50 ($40 GCU) I'll be tempted to pick it up.

Bought the Starter (360) when was at $55.70. With the $10 discount, I figured I was getting a good deal. Of course, the price dropped all the way to $37 and change. No more discount, but still, damn.

Figured I'd try and get my ~$8, no harm in asking.

Amazon gave me ~$18. Yay.

bread's done
Back