Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up building the starter pack and 2 fun packs for my GF yesterday (I was bored, and wanted to see how the game worked).

I can see I already have a problem starting since we already own the Dr Who, Ghostbusters and Portal Level packs, and I am already looking to buy more, lol. I will say that the Cyberman pack is hilarious because you can have Batman ride a Dalek.

I wish with the level packs they put all the character parts in a separate bag so I don't feel I need to beat the level asap to build everything.

Just bought the starter... what's a good buy price on these? Assuming the "average sale" with GCU is like $6 fun packs, $12 team packs, $16 level packs.....is that close to the best deal?

Just bought the starter... what's a good buy price on these? Assuming the "average sale" with GCU is like $6 fun packs, $12 team packs, $16 level packs.....is that close to the best deal?
The fun packs have been 75% off a few times so that's my buy point personally. I haven't bought any of the other things because they haven't come near cheap enough yet and nothing seems like it's going suddenly rare so I'll wait for similar sales.

Which brings me to being torn over that BttF level pack. Hear it's pretty short and not super in to BttF or anything, maybe if it was $10 before GCU.

The fun packs have been 75% off a few times so that's my buy point personally. I haven't bought any of the other things because they haven't come near cheap enough yet and nothing seems like it's going suddenly rare so I'll wait for similar sales.

Which brings me to being torn over that BttF level pack. Hear it's pretty short and not super in to BttF or anything, maybe if it was $10 before GCU.
Honestly the only reason I am buying these packs are for the minifigs and vehicles. Not that the content isn't good but most blind bags of minifigs go for $5 around here so getting a fun pack for $8 on sale isn't bad. Still waiting on a few level/team packs to drop but overall been happy so far with what I got.

Went to work today (TRU) and the price of our Fun Packs has been lowered to $11.99.
Went to Target after work and same thing!

I wish with the level packs they put all the character parts in a separate bag so I don't feel I need to beat the level asap to build everything.
You can Youtube the instructions of any vehicle if you want to build it while not in-game. We've done 100% of the building including the gateway like that.

Seeing the BttF set on sale for so cheap irks me even more. I don't want the level at all, but they locked the Midway Arcade Level for 720 (the old crappy skateboarding game) in the BttF level...Double-DLC paywall :oldman: Only bright side is I've tried 720 on other Midway compilations, it's sooo hard and awful at the same time. It's zero fun without the wacky spinning joystick. The bees!!!! The beeeeeees!!!!

g3a5Z.gif

For the record, they've also hidden Klax in Portal 2 and Cyberball 2072 in Simpsons. All of the rest are either in base game level or the Midway pack.

Typically it's only the fun packs that have been super discounted. There are not as many Team Packs or Level Packs, so they have less of a worry about clearing those out to make room.

I'm considering getting a WiiU starter at Target this week (or PMing to BB for rewards points). Has the price of a starter gone much lower than $32.50 in the past?

I'm considering getting a WiiU start at Target this week (or PMing to BB for rewards points). Has the price of a starter gone much lower than $32.50 in the past?
not that ive ever seen, maybe in amazon warehouse deals for a used one when amazon had their new prices in the low $40s, but i never saw it lower than $38.

also, really? if there was ever a time for a price drop on the wii u it would be after E3 of this year, with NX reportedly coming out spring of 2017

not that ive ever seen, maybe in amazon warehouse deals for a used one when amazon had their new prices in the low $40s, but i never saw it lower than $38.

also, really? if there was ever a time for a price drop on the wii u it would be after E3 of this year, with NX reportedly coming out spring of 2017
Thanks for the tips. I meant just a starter pack on the WiiU--I already have the console. I may wait though. Any word whether a new Dimensions will come out this year yet?

Thanks for the tips. I meant just a starter pack on the WiiU--I already have the console. I may wait though. Any word whether a new Dimensions will come out this year yet?
oh, now i got it. i bit at this price. at the beginning, it was suppose to be one game that was supported with new packs, levels, etc. for a couple years. i dont know if it sold well enough for them to sustain that model.

I went ahead and bit on it. Now I regret not picking up those packs that were $3.74 at Target a few weeks ago, but I'm sure the sale will come by again some time!

I didn't see it mentioned, but gamestop will be doing 40% every kind of lego dimensions packs on May 14th.  Level packs will be 17.99 and fun packs will be 7-8$ including the newest releases. 

I didn't see it mentioned, but gamestop will be doing 40% every kind of lego dimensions packs on May 14th. Level packs will be 17.99 and fun packs will be 7-8$ including the newest releases.
That seems like a great price for the fun packs. I'm totally going to pick up Lloyd for my son. It's his favorite Ninjago person, so he'll be happy to get him. For the level packs, I'll continue stalking my local CEX store for when they hit $10.

That seems like a great price for the fun packs. I'm totally going to pick up Lloyd for my son. It's his favorite Ninjago person, so he'll be happy to get him. For the level packs, I'll continue stalking my local CEX store for when they hit $10.
BestBuy and Amazon had better sale on fun packs in March for a few weeks, 50% off at $7.49 and $5.99 w/ GCU. I wouldn't be surprised they will do that again.

Level pack seems better price than BestBuy's previous sales, Best Buy only had them at $19.99 before GCU last time.

Hey guys, they just canceled DISNEY INFINITY altogether.

WE WELCOME YOU TO DIMENSIONS WITH OPEN ARMS, sweet Disney properties.
I just saw the article and my first thought was that hopefully this will clear any roadblocks currently keeping Star Wars and/or Marvel out of Dimensions. Also, impending clearance on Disney Infinity, Y'all.

Yes, welcome to the game that's not getting a new starter this year, where you can expect a $30 MSRP on a short level packed with filler, a single playable character, and some lego bricks, when full Lego games start at $60 MSRP and go on sale quickly. I guess there's no reason for them not to keep doing packs if people are paying these prices... only all the sales would seem to imply that they're not.

Yes, welcome to the game that's not getting a new starter this year, where you can expect a $30 MSRP on a short level packed with filler, a single playable character, and some lego bricks, when full Lego games start at $60 MSRP and go on sale quickly. I guess there's no reason for them not to keep doing packs if people are paying these prices... only all the sales would seem to imply that they're not.
He's talking about the characters, not the gamers.

You must have misread the signs and taken a wrong turn, this is the Lego Dimensions deals thread, not the I'm Bitter About A Children's Game thread.

Infinity isn't dead because it's a "children's game", it's dead because Disney had $100 million in unsold inventory and sales were down 2% despite launching arguably the biggest IP in the world last fall. Dimensions fun packs remain widely in stock despite being marked down to 50% off (before GCU and other discounts) for the majority of 2016, sometimes including brand new releases on the week they come out.  Infinity would get discounts that size maybe once a quarter for one week at one retailer. 

If you are looking at Lego Force Awakens for $60, and the season pass DLC for $10 that will probably contain more playable characters than the entire hundreds of dollars of Dimensions packs combined, and you're thinking that what you really want is a $30 level pack, Dimensions may have you covered this year.  Unkar the Junk vendor looks like exactly what they like to pick for a $15 fun pack, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME. 

If you're signing on this morning thinking that you're going to get Lego Dimensions 2 starring Rey, Harry Potter, and David Hasselhof as a free DLC - remember that they've promised no new starter - now that the pesky children's game isn't hogging the Disney IP, I think you're going to be disappointed. 

I prefer those nicely made posing figures than a mini figure of a few plastic blocks with a face drawn on it.

And yet using nanoblocks can make better figure than that at the size of Infinity figures.

However, I do like the vehicles come in the packs.

Infinity isn't dead because it's a "children's game", it's dead because Disney had $100 million in unsold inventory and sales were down 2% despite launching arguably the biggest IP in the world last fall. Dimensions fun packs remain widely in stock despite being marked down to 50% off (before GCU and other discounts) for the majority of 2016, sometimes including brand new releases on the week they come out. Infinity would get discounts that size maybe once a quarter for one week at one retailer.

If you are looking at Lego Force Awakens for $60, and the season pass DLC for $10 that will probably contain more playable characters than the entire hundreds of dollars of Dimensions packs combined, and you're thinking that what you really want is a $30 level pack, Dimensions may have you covered this year. Unkar the Junk vendor looks like exactly what they like to pick for a $15 fun pack, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME.

If you're signing on this morning thinking that you're going to get Lego Dimensions 2 starring Rey, Harry Potter, and David Hasselhof as a free DLC - remember that they've promised no new starter - now that the pesky children's game isn't hogging the Disney IP, I think you're going to be disappointed.
As a Lego collector that does not care much about Lego dimensions, I'm happy to pay the 6-7 bucks for a character pack on sale that comes with a unique minifigure and a small build. The fact that it works with the game is just kind of an add on for me. Also, you may have confused David Hasselhoff with Nicholas Cage. Lego is making a Ghost Rider set, not Knight Rider set. That would be cool too though.

GameStop will have 40% off fun, level and team packs this Saturday and the starter pack is $30 off I believe
I'm sure the fun packs will be lower at some point down the line but I may bite on Slimer and Bane now rather than wait

Yup, pointed it out a bit ago but most posts i saw thought it was jusr a sale
Hopefully the Level Packs and Team Packs drop in MSRP as well. I think it would greatly help the second new wave of new figures.

The original MSRP was too high to begin with. $30 DLC packs, $25 team packs, and $15 fun packs are a bit much. I think they saw people buying these the most when sales were in place and have started to adjust prices accordingly.

I prefer those nicely made posing figures than a mini figure of a few plastic blocks with a face drawn on it.

And yet using nanoblocks can make better figure than that at the size of Infinity figures.

However, I do like the vehicles come in the packs.
Funny enough, I always thought the Disney Infinity figures looked the cheapest of all toys to life with Mii's being a close second. Skylanders are by far the top shelf, and Lego are their own form of awesome. Just my opinion though.

Funny enough, I always thought the Disney Infinity figures looked the cheapest of all toys to life with Mii's being a close second. Skylanders are by far the top shelf, and Lego are their own form of awesome. Just my opinion though.
Whaaaat? Skylanders have always had the least paint detail, and the apps are generally sloppier than every other brand, to boot.

Whaaaat? Skylanders have always had the least paint detail, and the apps are generally sloppier than every other brand, to boot.
While I agree that sometimes the paint is a little stoppy, all the little intricacies in the characters themselves are nice. Also they have a heft to them that feels more premium. Disney Infinity look and feel like they came out of a cereal box. Again opinions..

While I agree that sometimes the paint is a little stoppy, all the little intricacies in the characters themselves are nice. Also they have a heft to them that feels more premium. Disney Infinity look and feel like they came out of a cereal box. Again opinions..
Depends on which figures you're comparing

Hulkbuster weighs 6.6oz, the Tree Rex weight 4.9oz, any skylanders figure is bigger?

The figure design are different, Disney's figure are more cartoon like and more simplistic in colors but IMO it's more refined than Skylanders which look more like other toy figures in the market.

On the other hand, the Playmation's paint job is terrible.

I bought the Dr. Who and Midway Arcade level packs at GS today. Anything else I should've grabbed for 40% off? I feel like a better sale must be somewhere down the pipeline...

You need to pick up Rocky Roll or S2 Sprocket and compare it to something like Hulk if you think Skylanders have more "heft". Skylanders are well known for having iffy paint jobs, particularly late in the cycle, I collect them and have at times had to dig deep on a new shipment to find one I would consider "acceptable".

Infinity has an intentional style that they maintain consistently. Skylanders is all over the place, you have "realistic" looking ones and "goofy" ones, and everything in between. Infinity are meant to be toys, with a "simplistic" style. The style may not be your thing, but I like the consistency - and the quality is very, very good, especially the paint - not to mention the figures are very solid.

bread's done
Back