Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Sonic should have received an adventure pack.  It could have been a cautionary, behind-the-music style romp from a meteoric rise in the 90's to the battered wife syndrome of the Sonic cycle in the late 2000's-present.  On second thought, that might make a better Telltale game.

Comics have been pretty good throughout, though.

Why do you hate women so much? Is it just women or the female gender of all organisms?
FYI, all female things, people or otherwise. Also inanimate objects referred to as female, like boats.

In other news, they did a Ghostbusters level pack (it was mediocre), realistic cityscapes are boring and have less interesting available iconography and if the only thing left is a 2 hour movie to endlessly milk for callbacks and references I stand by my case. The reboot looks painfully manufactured.

And how you know it sucks how? It isn't out yet. It hasn't even premiered yet. Yet you are certain it is going to suck. Because women are in the roles? Because 60 second trailers make you certain? Did you ever see the trailers for the original Ghostbusters? I did back in the 80s, and it looked fucking stupid. People in the theater the first time I saw it laughed at the idea they would make such a dumb looking movie.

It might be fucking hilarious but you don't know, so why not trash it and say you would take "anything" over it as a Lego set? And regardless of the movie, the absolute best Adventure set for Disney Infinity the first year was the Lone Ranger. A set based on that movie. Maybe you should wait and see before making a judgement?
Oh ffs... let the man have an opinion, preferably one that is his own and not one that you've put your own gender equality spin on. The movie isn't out yet and until then people are allowed to make judgments based on what info is out and right now it looks like a mediocre take on a beloved childhood movie.

Instead you should put all this energy into making a time machine for me so I can go back and buy some of those cheap level sets from the MS sale.

lol get that shit out of here
No. I'm seriously wondering how someone can identify a movie as terrible that none of us have seen yet.

FYI, all female things, people or otherwise. Also inanimate objects referred to as female, like boats.

In other news, they did a Ghostbusters level pack (it was mediocre), realistic cityscapes are boring and have less interesting available iconography and if the only thing left is a 2 hour movie to endlessly milk for callbacks and references I stand by my case. The reboot looks painfully manufactured.
Nice fake quote alteration of my comments. Almost all of the still living cast members of the original have bit parts and have given their full support to the movie being made. And the stars are some of the funniest people out there right now. Complaints at this point sound more like Simpson's comic book guy (they really need a fun pack with him!) kind of stuff. It might not be that great, or it might be great.

I see though, it is the boring realistic cityscape. Like Lego Batman 2, and Lego Marvel and Lego City - a few examples of the absolute best Lego games that have been delivered. I doubt they would do "open world" in an story pack, but it does not guarantee failure. The first Ghostbusters from what I have heard (I don't have that one) was just sort of short and straightforward with badly sampled sound. That worries me far more than the theme or the potential quality of the movie.

Oh ffs... let the man have an opinion, preferably one that is his own and not one that you've put your own gender equality spin on. The movie isn't out yet and until then people are allowed to make judgments based on what info is out and right now it looks like a mediocre take on a beloved childhood movie.

Instead you should put all this energy into making a time machine for me so I can go back and buy some of those cheap level sets from the MS sale.
Really? I just asked if that was the problem - I did not apply my own spin.

And when you have an opinion on something you have not seen yet, you might say "I think it looks terrible". Not "the movie IS terrible".

I have a feeling we will get better than those prices in the near future, maybe from Best Buy so we can use GCU. I skipped on the Simpson's set because of that, and I waited too long to order Slimer. They will eventually want to unload last year's stock, and last time I went they had plenty of Story Packs left over.

The level pack may or may not be fun but the point being made is that he would much rather play a property that he has an interest in.

Let's face it... there's only so much variation to be had between Lego games before things just end up being reskins of reskins.

No. I'm seriously wondering how someone can identify a movie as terrible that none of us have seen yet.

Nice fake quote alteration of my comments. Almost all of the still living cast members of the original have bit parts and have given their full support to the movie being made. And the stars are some of the funniest people out there right now. Complaints at this point sound more like Simpson's comic book guy (they really need a fun pack with him!) kind of stuff. It might not be that great, or it might be great.

I see though, it is the boring realistic cityscape. Like Lego Batman 2, and Lego Marvel and Lego City - a few examples of the absolute best Lego games that have been delivered. I doubt they would do "open world" in an story pack, but it does not guarantee failure. The first Ghostbusters from what I have heard (I don't have that one) was just sort of short and straightforward with badly sampled sound. That worries me far more than the theme or the potential quality of the movie.
Citcyscapes with Stark Tower and Cafe Corner are not realistic in any way. Every game you just mentioned has 10X times the possible landmarks and more importantly they can actually use them because they are fictional places incorporated into the license.

Every minifig unlocks the corresponding adventure world just like in wave 1. The Ghostbuster levels and adventure world were boring (Ghostbusters a top 10 comedy for me) but maybe not the worst (I think it was Jurassic World) yet still it was PS3 quality rendering of a bland city that utilized very little of the lego brick style. If I really think about it I imagine A-Team or Mission Impossible could have been worse despite the fact that they have substantially more content to call back to. And in a game series that has been shamelessly regurgitating the same mechanics for a decade, license quality is pretty much the only distinguishing factor of a lego game.

Before you jump back into the ad hominem attacks of "misogynist!" I have to ask if you were this protective of all the other shitty 80's reboots that came from Bay (TMNT and Transformers) or even the shitty comic movies over the years as Hollywood continues to over saturate the market. I have a wall of masterpiece figures and can still draw a Eastman/Laird style turtle but I could call a spade a spade with those trailers too.

Because most comedies of this caliber have most of the best moments in the teasers. Because they defaulted the black character into a very stereotypical black female character, when the original did not. Because it feels like they're trying to make Ghostbusters: Bridesmaids edition, instead of Ghostbusters: Female edition.

I didn't label you a "mysoginist", I just asked if that was why you didn't like it before seeing it. A legitimate question. If you have other reasons, then cool. As I mentioned, no one thought the first Ghostbusters would be great, the first trailer looked really dumb. And the second Ghostbusters had all the original cast and we all know how that turned out.

And yeah, I actually enjoyed some of the 80s reboots. The first Transformers (and to a lesser extent the third and fourth) were enjoyable popcorn summer movies if you didn't think too hard about it. Sure the robots were overly complicated, but it kind of worked to give a somewhat more realistic appearance to them - either you do that or make them very awkward with "stretchy metal" and such in order for them to fight. And the first TMNT my kids actually loved, and I hear the second one wasn't bad either since they brought in some of the more interesting characters like Bebop and Rocksteady. I go to movies to be entertained, not to simply retread my childhood perfectly. You can't do a truly comic accurate Turtles, it would have to be rated R and losing the kid market would destroy it.

Other "reboots" like Speed Racer fared less well, in my opinion due to their attempt to not stray too far from the source. Others, like Clash of the Titans, Robocop and Total Recall went TOO far from the source. The new Vacation movie was funny, but not really in the same way as the original, which far eclipses it. I do really like the new Voltron series on Netflix and they changed ALOT in that.

I'm just willing to give the new Ghostbusters a chance, it has some funny scenes in the trailer. The four leads are very funny people given the right material - Spy was downright hilarious. I'm hoping the Lego version of them takes the formula and is able to do much more with it than retread the previous level pack. Maybe they take the complaints and do better - it won't be a Day 1 purchase for us, so we will see. They did some great stuff with the Ant Man expansion for Avengers, who would have thought that would have turned out great?

Because most comedies of this caliber have most of the best moments in the teasers. Because they defaulted the black character into a very stereotypical black female character, when the original did not. Because it feels like they're trying to make Ghostbusters: Bridesmaids edition, instead of Ghostbusters: Female edition.
Winston Zedimore was a very stereotypical character. He was supposed to be much more ingrained and invested in the team than someone they just hired on for a paycheck, they altered the original script. Especially since the part was written for Eddie Murphy. Do some looking into the history of the movie.

Fair enough. I hated all those things so I suppose someone who liked them might get confused about criticism of Ghostbusters and think it's because they're misogynists or blinded by nostalgia.

Watch James rolfe's video on YouTube about him not wanting to see the new ghostbusters. He hits all the keypoints. And it has nothing to do with a female cast.

So you mean to tell me that some of the nostalgia loving Lego Dimensions consumer base is not a huge fan of a radial reboot of one of their beloved franchises? What a shocker.

According to the posted target ad, the starter pack for ps4 is going to be $53.99 starting sunday. Is this the lowest it's been?

And how you know it sucks how? It isn't out yet. It hasn't even premiered yet. Yet you are certain it is going to suck. Because women are in the roles? Because 60 second trailers make you certain? Did you ever see the trailers for the original Ghostbusters? I did back in the 80s, and it looked fucking stupid. People in the theater the first time I saw it laughed at the idea they would make such a dumb looking movie.
Don't know how you came up with the idea "Because women are in the roles?". My wife saw the trailer and said it was not funny and not interesting at all and she's too young to know anything about the old Ghostbusters. So, I bet her opinion is not biased either by gender or old movie.

Movie trailer is supposed to show part of the best scenes in the movie to get people's interest. If the trailer failed to show that or that's already the best part, the movie is more likely to flop.

According to the posted target ad, the starter pack for ps4 is going to be $53.99 starting sunday. Is this the lowest it's been?
Target had done at least 2 times 40% cartwheel off starter pack, so $53.99 is just a re-run.

Don't know how you came up with the idea "Because women are in the roles?". My wife saw the trailer and said it was not funny and not interesting at all and she's too young to know anything about the old Ghostbusters. So, I bet her opinion is not biased either by gender or old movie.

Movie trailer is supposed to show part of the best scenes in the movie to get people's interest. If the trailer failed to show that or that's already the best part, the movie is more likely to flop.
Because it has been a very common complaint since it was first announced. A lot of them are the GamerGate crowd. If you think this is out of the blue to think that, your head has been in the sand. Try Googling it.

And trailers are not always perfect predictors. But not all movies are for everyone. My wife cannot stand the original Ghostbusters, Goonies or Back to the Future, so does that mean they suck based on her opinion? Of course not. She loves Leslie Jones and actually wants to see this one.

It may flop, it may suck. But it is sad that people are so ready to throw it under the bus before the first audience member has even walked into the theater. Bill Murray refuses to go back to the role. Harold Ramis died, so he cannot write or act in another one. Rick Moranis is retired from acting for good. We aren't getting a Ghostbusters like we all remember, and even if we did it might have just ended up another Ghostbusters 2.

Because it has been a very common complaint since it was first announced. A lot of them are the GamerGate crowd. If you think this is out of the blue to think that, your head has been in the sand. Try Googling it.
Agree 100%. This might not apply to anyone here, but there absolutely are a ton of people who hated the movie just from hearing the roles would be played by women. There are a ton of negative comments all over full of misogynistic slurs and complaints about feminism.

That aside, there are legitimate gripes to be had with how the movie looks in trailers, and my opinion has drifted back and forth (first trailer: ugh, this looks bad — second trailer: hey, maybe this will be ok — third trailer: ok no, this looks fucking terrible), but in the end, I'll wait until I've seen the final product before saying the movie IS terrible.

Who knows, maybe it will be good. How To Train Your Dragon looked terrible from the trailers, and I actually enjoyed it quite a lot.

I don't thing one person that's complaining about the new ghostbusters movie complained that the roles are being played by women.

One huge complaint is some of the original ghostbusters are starring in cameo roles but they aren't playing themselves. Why even put them in the movie? Take 21 jumpstreet for instance, atleast Johnny depp cameoed as his character. It was a passing of the torch.

Agree 100%. This might not apply to anyone here, but there absolutely are a ton of people who hated the movie just from hearing the roles would be played by women. There are a ton of negative comments all over full of misogynistic slurs and complaints about feminism.

That aside, there are legitimate gripes to be had with how the movie looks in trailers, and my opinion has drifted back and forth (first trailer: ugh, this looks bad — second trailer: hey, maybe this will be ok — third trailer: ok no, this looks fucking terrible), but in the end, I'll wait until I've seen the final product before saying the movie IS terrible.

Who knows, maybe it will be good. How To Train Your Dragon looked terrible from the trailers, and I actually enjoyed it quite a lot.
I'm more of the "these women they chose for the roles are bad" than the roles being filled by women in general. Honestly i'm beginning to think the whole anti-female lead cast complaints are being propped up by the studio to generate press for the bomb they know they have.. Will bet money that if opening weekend the movie is not #1 and made a bunch of money, you will be seeing a bunch of articles claiming it's people refusing to support a female cast :bs:

Reboots of good movies are rarely even close to being as good as the original, most fall between horrible and meh. The new Ghostbusters looks to be falling closer to horrible. The first Ghostbusters wasn't pure comedy, it had comedy... The new Ghostbusters seems to be trying to hard to be funny, which ends up not being funny.

The BIGGEST problem reboots have is they try to damn hard to be better than the original. I'd like to see the list of remakes that were universally considered BETTER than the originals. (not remade after 5-10 years... remakes of classic movies 20+ years later)

That list will be small compared to the HUGE list of remake failures.

Go back a few years, when True Grit was being remade. You remember the backlash they got before even 1 trailer was shown? Nobody wanted to see a remake of a John Wayne classic, it didn't matter who was cast. Personally the movie was pretty good and followed the book closer than the original did.

Was it as good as the John Wayne classic? NO.

Was it a good movie? YES.

The attacks DID have a valid point, but the movie did stand on it's own. I'd still place the original above the remake every time, but the remake wasn't bad. The remake was the exception to the rule.

The 21 Jump street remakes, (well it was a DRAMA TV show remade into a comedy movie..) I still find the TV show to be better, but the movies were pretty funny. (First one, 2nd one wasn't as good)

I don't thing one person that's complaining about the new ghostbusters movie complained that the roles are being played by women.

One huge complaint is some of the original ghostbusters are starring in cameo roles but they aren't playing themselves. Why even put them in the movie? Take 21 jumpstreet for instance, atleast Johnny depp cameoed as his character. It was a passing of the torch.
Bill Murray specifically stated he did it because he felt people would use that against the movie if he didn't appear in some capacity. They would say "Bill Murray hates this movie so it must be bad". He has actually had some very complimentary things to say about the leads. It is a long time since the John Belushi days where he famously stated he "didn't think women could be funny".

True Grit was good because Jeff Bridges didn't try to be John Wayne. He made the role his own and gave it a personal spin. It was a risk that worked out well. If the new Ghostbusters tries to be the same movie with the actors trying to play their roles as if they are the same people it will fail. Leslie Jones has some very funny parts in the trailers, she is obviously not trying to play it like Winston. As much love as we have for Ghostbusters, we all need to keep in mind that even with all the same pieces in place we got the bad Ghostbusters 2. It wasn't the characters that made the movie alone, it was the script and what they did with it. The script for the new one is an unknown, that is the one piece no one knows yet. And that is what will make or break it.

I think they chose well for the actors, original Ghostbusters was essentially an SNL movie. Three of the four were supposed to be SNL alums, with the fourth being Ramis with a long history of SNL/Lampoons movies. It is the obvious place to mine for the parts. They are the brightest parts of SNL in recent memory.

Am I the only one that liked Ghostbusters 2?
I didn't like it nearly as much. But my kids actually liked it. The first one had humor for the adults and the kids, the second veered too sharply towards "cheap" humor. It, like the new one, suffers because of reverence for the original.

I CAN say that the new GB film is not very good or funny. It's not the worst thing ever but tries for nostalgia pandering when the jokes don't land, which is often, and is just wholly unnecessary. And I liked all of Feigs other movies but he can't do the R rated material in this that him and McCarthy rely on for their other films. I'm sure some people will like this but it's not going to set the box office afire and is surrounded by other big releases so it will quickly fade and word of mouth will be middling at best. Sony is just lucky as Feig and the media have a built in stories and excuses written and have been posturing for months if it fails

I CAN say that the new GB film is not very good or funny. It's not the worst thing ever but tries for nostalgia pandering when the jokes don't land, which is often, and is just wholly unnecessary. And I liked all of Feigs other movies but he can't do the R rated material in this that him and McCarthy rely on for their other films. I'm sure some people will like this but it's not going to set the box office afire and is surrounded by other big releases so it will quickly fade and word of mouth will be middling at best. Sony is just lucky as Feig and the media have a built in stories and excuses written and have been posturing for months if it fails
I thought Spy was bad despite McCarthy carrying it the entire time. I thought she was fantastic in Gilmore Girls (yeah, that's right, Gilmore Girls) but would have guessed this to be the case. Feig can write good jokes given enough freedom and runway but he can't write good stories. There might be some restitution for him and the cast based on their ability to blame poor sales on misogyny but Hollywood don't care. Ghostbusters isn't about social change to them.

Incidentally, I'm buying the story pack day 1 unless it's horribly priced or gets a terrible review.

Maybe no one HERE has said that, but there are absolutely people who have complained about that. I don't even know why you would bother to type and post that sentence because it's just flat out wrong, and I honestly don't know why you're trying to mount some kind of defense to say that not one person has had that complaint.

Maybe no one HERE has said that, but there are absolutely people who have complained about that. I don't even know why you would bother to type and post that sentence because it's just flat out wrong, and I honestly don't know why you're trying to mount some kind of defense to say that not one person has had that complaint.
I meant in this topic sorry if I wasn't descriptive enough

I don't want a story pack with 6 of the same levels of ANYTHING for $50. The only thing that makes Dimensions uniquely appealing is knowing that each level will be completely different from the last (which I had to keep reminding myself during the Ninjago level, ugh).

It finally dawned on me which dead franchises are left that can be brought to LEGO/Dimensions!

Ren & Stimpy

Futurama

Invader Zim

Billy West would surely reprise his roles, and Richard Horvitz has been dying to go full Zim ever since Skylanders 1.

And speaking of trailers that made an awful movie seem good (TMNT2) and completely surprisingly good movies (Spongebob: Sponge out of Water): if Mega Bloks didn't have TMNT and Spongebob, those would have been gold.

And speaking of trailers that made an awful movie seem good (TMNT2) and completely surprisingly good movies (Spongebob: Sponge out of Water): if Mega Bloks didn't have TMNT and Spongebob, those would have been gold.
Did TMNT and Spongebob properties change hands to Mega Bloks recently? Because my kids have TMNT and Spongebob Lego sets from not too long ago.

I don't want a story pack with 6 of the same levels of ANYTHING for $50. The only thing that makes Dimensions uniquely appealing is knowing that each level will be completely different from the last (which I had to keep reminding myself during the Ninjago level, ugh).

It finally dawned on me which dead franchises are left that can be brought to LEGO/Dimensions!

Ren & Stimpy
Futurama
Invader Zim

Billy West would surely reprise his roles, and Richard Horvitz has been dying to go full Zim ever since Skylanders 1.

Would love ren and Stimpy and invader zim....but since megablocks has spongebob and turtles...two other nick shows, I highly doubt it'll happen.

Some more Hanna Barbara stuff would be nice though.

Finally picked up the PS4 Starter Pack for my son at Target today for $53.99. I'm going to wait for his birthday in a few weeks so if there's any other sales between now and then I'll just return it.

My local Microsoft store doesn't carry anymore 360 games...anyone get that while looking for the starter pack there?

I thought Spy was bad despite McCarthy carrying it the entire time. I thought she was fantastic in Gilmore Girls (yeah, that's right, Gilmore Girls) but would have guessed this to be the case.
I haven't liked anything McCarthy's done since Gilmore Girls either. I hated Mike and Molly, Bridesmaid, and I fell asleep watching Spy.

I also enjoyed Ghostbusters 2, but it suffers some weird pacing issues. The liked the overall story, even if most of it felt really slow, and jumped around a bit.

My local Microsoft store doesn't carry anymore 360 games...anyone get that while looking for the starter pack there?
Yep. Heard the same. I would have loved to pick up a second Lego dimensions set but the one for 360 at that price and then traded the game into GameStop and kept the Legos for my kid. There's a lot of unique pieces in the portal build. I've never seen those "bear claw" (robot finger?) pieces in translucent blue before.

Anyone in here that bought the Jurassic World team pack... do you remember how many bags were in the box?  Just got my order in from MS and the box was open.  I'm not giving this to my son until later down the road so it wasn't going to be put together anytime soon.  Was just trying to make sure I have everything I need and nothing's missing... it's hard to be sure that I have all the pieces just by looking from outside the bags.

Anyone in here that bought the Jurassic World team pack... do you remember how many bags were in the box? Just got my order in from MS and the box was open. I'm not giving this to my son until later down the road so it wasn't going to be put together anytime soon. Was just trying to make sure I have everything I need and nothing's missing... it's hard to be sure that I have all the pieces just by looking from outside the bags.
Don't have it mysrlf, but I'm sure there's an unboxing video on youtube.

Anyone in here that bought the Jurassic World team pack... do you remember how many bags were in the box? Just got my order in from MS and the box was open. I'm not giving this to my son until later down the road so it wasn't going to be put together anytime soon. Was just trying to make sure I have everything I need and nothing's missing... it's hard to be sure that I have all the pieces just by looking from outside the bags.
That would be two bags, sir.

I am guessing no way to stack price match and GCU at Best Buy for the Target sale this week on the starter?
No. What I noticed from a price matched receipt is their system first get the price with GCU, if applicable, and adjust that price against Target's (or other store's) lower price. IMO, it's pretty smart for them using after GCU price to adjust, though not the way we want them to.

Very unlikely. You need manager override to apply the GCU discount on price match.
And they have to make a manual calculation to apply it. Which means they have to know exactly what they are doing, and they are almost always aware GCU and price match do not stack. Their system is actually set up pretty good to disallow that.

Over at Target the system doesn't disallow price match and Cartwheel stack, which also isn't supposed to be allowed. But nothing in the system prevents it from happening, which is how people can get it through if the employee//manager doesn't specifically tell them no. Some people buy things along with the item to try and "bury" the Cartwheel and appear it is on something else and sneak it by, which is typically how that works.

bread's done
Back