Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Over at Target the system doesn't disallow price match and Cartwheel stack, which also isn't supposed to be allowed. But nothing in the system prevents it from happening, which is how people can get it through if the employee//manager doesn't specifically tell them no. Some people buy things along with the item to try and "bury" the Cartwheel and appear it is on something else and sneak it by, which is typically how that works.
Yeah and it's very YMMV, because most of the Target employees who have sufficient training to do a PM also have sufficient training to know that it's not supposed to stack.

I was setting out all the new Dimensions preorder cards (A-Team, Adventure Time, Fakebusters, Harry Potter, M:I) and didn't have room for all of them because of all the other games like Gears of War and Ghost Recon having like five facings. Had to shred and throw away the Fakebusters one and immediately throw the garbage in the bin outside. Shame.

I was setting out all the new Dimensions preorder cards (A-Team, Adventure Time, Fakebusters, Harry Potter, M:I) and didn't have room for all of them because of all the other games like Gears of War and Ghost Recon having like five facings. Had to shred and throw away the Fakebusters one and immediately throw the garbage in the bin outside. Shame.
Our pre-order cards are one card, with barcodes for each different one on the back :p

Picked up a PS4 starter yesterday,Target online was showing none in store anywhere around. GF had to go there for some stuff so I want and checked had 3-4 of each platform yet app was still saying none in store.

Am I the only one that liked Ghostbusters 2?
I enjoyed it!

Because most comedies of this caliber have most of the best moments in the teasers. Because they defaulted the black character into a very stereotypical black female character, when the original did not. Because it feels like they're trying to make Ghostbusters: Bridesmaids edition, instead of Ghostbusters: Female edition.
Let's not forget the fact the newest trailer has the girls literally melting the balls off the Stay Puffed Marshmallow man, then cheering each other on afterwards.

According to camelcamelcamel.com the lowest on Amazon as been $39.82 for an Xbox One version.

http://camelcamelcamel.com/LEGO-Dimensions-Starter-Pack-Xbox-One/product/B00VMB5RDQ

I think people have gotten cheap ones from Target when they price matched a sale for another store and combined it with a Cartwheel promo. YMMV.
Thanks. I've been wavering on keeping it at this price. I assume the lowest is probably not including shipping by 3rd party so $50 may be worth it at this point.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

While I was at work I saw that an upcoming promotion where Gamestop will have the Starter sets for $30 bucks off and all the ghostbusters sets for 30% off the weekend of july 15-17. Figured you all should know.

Are there any rumors of new starter sets for this year? I was wondering if there might be a discount coming up for the originals.
I believe it has been said that there will be a new starter set this year but it will be 100% optional. Kind of like how Rock Band 4 will be rereleased with new instruments. It will be the same game with new stuff because the original skus will be going EOL at some point and a lot of stores will automatically put the game on clearance.

I believe it has been said that there will be a new starter set this year but it will be 100% optional. Kind of like how Rock Band 4 will be rereleased with new instruments. It will be the same game with new stuff because the original skus will be going EOL at some point and a lot of stores will automatically put the game on clearance.
Ok good. I was just hoping they wouldn't churn out the same starter sets. At worst I figured they would bundle it with a pack or level set. I'm still debating on keeping my $50 xbone starter. Are there any exclusive DLC for PS4?

Ok good. I was just hoping they wouldn't churn out the same starter sets. At worst I figured they would bundle it with a pack or level set. I'm still debating on keeping my $50 xbone starter. Are there any exclusive DLC for PS4?
There will be no new starter set. Everything coming out is an addition to the current starter, they have a two year plan set up.
There are 2 Story packs which are larger additions than what has been released, and at first glance they look like a new starter pack, but they are just a large expansion.

Also there is no DLC whatsoever for the game, everything is gotten from buying the physical packs

One of my nearby Walmarts has Wonder Woman, Stay Puft, Wicked Witch, Gollum Fun Pack for $5, Portal and Simpsons level pack for $15.  YMMV, the other Walmart has everything at regular price though.

One of my nearby Walmarts has Wonder Woman, Stay Puft, Wicked Witch, Gollum Fun Pack for $5, Portal and Simpsons level pack for $15. YMMV, the other Walmart has everything at regular price though.
More or less everything at Wal-Mart is YMMV. As far as I can tell, they never have uniform clearances on anything; it seems to be largely or entirely at the discretion of each store manager.

Very ymmv.
Online the Wonder Woman is $10, in store normal price (around here)

Finding out emmet is harder to find locally. Ended up just ordering it from BB for $9.59

When Disney was putting out Infinity, it wouldn't have been an option. Disney would have never given the go-ahead for a competing product line to use their licenses.

Now that Disney Infinity is just a memory, well that opens up a lot of possibilities. It wouldn't surprise me if Dimensions started seeing level packs from all sorts of Disney-owned properties. Star Wars is the obvious choice, but Marvel wouldn't be out of the question. Even Disney and Pixar characters could start showing up in Lego Dimensions. We'll see.

Well, USPS never delivered my package, so I got a refund from Amazon. I ended up going to Best Buy and price matching the Doc Brown fun pack to Amazon, and the Jurassic World Team Pack to Wal-Mart. I had a $25 gift card, and I still have $3.25 left over.

I wonder if Lego can license Marvel for Dimensions since the DC characters are already in it. I cannot think of any other game that has characters from both the DC and Marvel universe....

I wonder if Lego can license Marvel for Dimensions since the DC characters are already in it. I cannot think of any other game that has characters from both the DC and Marvel universe....
Disney was very protective of their character interactions in Infinity story mode - toy box was fair game but I remember reading some comments that they didn't want characters crossing between play sets. It almost seems too good to be true that DC and Marvel could interact in the same game.

While I was at work I saw that an upcoming promotion where Gamestop will have the Starter sets for $30 bucks off and all the ghostbusters sets for 30% off the weekend of july 15-17. Figured you all should know.
Has anyone else heard of this coming up this weekend? I asked a GameStop manager friend and he didn't have any information.

Microsoftstore prices were cheaper, but that's over unfortunately... I wish I'd picked up the GB level then. Ever since we went through the GB level in story mode all my kid talks about is how cool the GB Legos are. Ugh.

More or less everything at Wal-Mart is YMMV. As far as I can tell, they never have uniform clearances on anything; it seems to be largely or entirely at the discretion of each store manager.
That's kinda true. My friend is an assisted store manager, she said one day her store manager asked her to walked around to find things to put on clearance. I told her next time bring me to help her job.

If you have a 5 below near you, they have certain fun packs for $5. This is YMMV what they have in stock. The ad says tomorrow, but some stores have put them out already today. Hope this helps someone. 

Disney was very protective of their character interactions in Infinity story mode - toy box was fair game but I remember reading some comments that they didn't want characters crossing between play sets. It almost seems too good to be true that DC and Marvel could interact in the same game.
The devs got away with it by having to tell the execs that in the story mode, they're playing as Iron Man, but in the Toy Box mode, it's a toy version of Iron Man.

YES. I am 100% dead serious that was enough to sway the colossally rock-headed executives at Disney.

We couldn't even use some Toy Story assets in the Up game when we were working on it.

If you have a 5 below near you, they have certain fun packs for $5. This is YMMV what they have in stock. The ad says tomorrow, but some stores have put them out already today. Hope this helps someone.
Found also Bart Simpson, Krusty and Cyborg for $5 today at the same Walmart (either new markdown or restocked, might also be Chimas but didn't scan the price, I already got them cheaper from Target months ago)

where is the ad btw?

When Disney was putting out Infinity, it wouldn't have been an option. Disney would have never given the go-ahead for a competing product line to use their licenses.

Now that Disney Infinity is just a memory, well that opens up a lot of possibilities. It wouldn't surprise me if Dimensions started seeing level packs from all sorts of Disney-owned properties. Star Wars is the obvious choice, but Marvel wouldn't be out of the question. Even Disney and Pixar characters could start showing up in Lego Dimensions. We'll see.
I seriously doubt so considering one of the big obstacles for Infinity Dev is to mix different Disney franchises together.

In Dimensions, you can use figure in different franchise level, so think about Iron Man in Gotham City? Will Disney allow that?

Might be WB can pay enough money to do that?

Then I will feel very pity to the Infinity Dev. They couldn't do so because of internal policy while others can do that by means of money.

I seriously doubt so considering one of the big obstacles for Infinity Dev is to mix different Disney franchises together.
In Dimensions, you can use figure in different franchise level, so think about Iron Man in Gotham City? Will Disney allow that?
Might be WB can pay enough money to do that?
Then I will feel very pity to the Infinity Dev. They couldn't do so because of internal policy while others can do that by means of money.
Marvel and DC did have a lot of crossover events in the 90's and early 00's, maybe WB and TT can convince both parties to do it again

The 5 Below in Crestwood IL has $5 fun packs.

Benny

Bad Cop

Gimli

Cragger

Eris

Lavel

and Nya

Grabbed myself a Benny.
I was able to snag these myself along with Zane. The stock seems pretty consistent for all the Five Below stores. Talking with the store manager, he told me today that the stores have more stock coming. This could include different fun packs then they already have. He said they started putting back to school inventory out so some of their shipments have been delayed.

No, it was Marvel and Lucasfilm that blocked everything. Toybox Takeover is a good example of a crossover that Disney/Pixar properties had in the game.

They had to go to Marvel to approve every playset and character. They also had to do the same with Lucasfilm. I believe I even read that Marvel forced Yondu onto the Infinity team to promote Guadiands of the Galaxy.

The 5 Below in Crestwood IL has $5 fun packs.

Benny

Bad Cop

Gimli

Cragger

Eris

Lavel

and Nya

Grabbed myself a Benny.
I saw some of these at some Five Belows near Pittsburgh yesterday.

So nobody has seen Unikitty at Five Below? It seems like I'll need to get that pack down the road since only she has the rainbow block ability.

No, it was Marvel and Lucasfilm that blocked everything. Toybox Takeover is a good example of a crossover that Disney/Pixar properties had in the game.

They had to go to Marvel to approve every playset and character. They also had to do the same with Lucasfilm. I believe I even read that Marvel forced Yondu onto the Infinity team to promote Guadiands of the Galaxy.
Yeah. Even though Disney owns Marvel and Lucasfilm, the companies still act somewhat independently when it comes to their projects

I saw some of these at some Five Belows near Pittsburgh yesterday.

So nobody has seen Unikitty at Five Below? It seems like I'll need to get that pack down the road since only she has the rainbow block ability.
The ones listed were the exact ones in the wheelbarrow at my store. I bought 5 of those 7. Someone in the other thread said they heard they may receive different ones at some later point, but I doubt it.

This is probably the nicest product to ever be sold unsullied at a Five Below. I'm surprised they didn't open the packages and sell them as random blocks in sandwich bags....

Another YMMV, Walmart has select packs on sale/clearance for $8.72. Jurassic world pack for $19

Wonder Woman
Emmet
Bart
Laval
And 2 others I forget.

Starter packs for $49/59

bread's done
Back