Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Renting a character

This is minor info about hire a hero.

• Not every obstacle leads directly to a reward - multiple abilities may be required to reach the reward, and the 2nd ability isn't always available for hire. Example: Chell may be hired and used to create a portal to reach a new area, but getting to the actual reward may then require the Companion Cube, which is not available for hire. Result: 50,000 studs wasted.
  • In some instances, it may be necessary to collect the reward (i.e. stud brick or minikit piece) before the timer is up, otherwise the obstacle will reset.
  • First use of a character: 50,000 studs
  • Second use of same character: 75,000 studs
  • Third use of same character: 125,000 studs
  • Fourth & subsequent uses of same character: 250,000 studs

I believe that items require the companion cub (only in portal level pack) , some can require the tardis(only dr. who pack) you can't rent a vehicle but I'm not sure if some things only require vehicles but the list i posted tells you that you only need 18 packs out of 39 which is a bit of money saved and if you watch for sales.
Thank you for the detailed explanation & the list. I'll keep an eye out so next time deals hit I know what to get and what I really don't need (unless I like the figure)

Already had all of the Lego Movie/Chima Fun Packs from the last Cartwheel deal for 'em... Went out and bought Gimli & Legolas today, but all of the Targets in my area are sold out of Gollum!

Always fun to see the associates reaction when you break out the 70% off cartwheels. $65 down to $18!

Chima Laval was on clearance for 5.98 and and Eris was on clearance for 8.98 making them 1.79 and 2.51 respectively. Benny was 10.59 making him 3.17. store was out of all LOTR figures.

Might have to head to target...

Got my CEX orders in. Shipping was slow but they arrived. All in good shape. Some of the starter sets have missing pieces of the box art from sticker removal or something. They still have lots of x360 for $12. All the level and team packs came in better condition than what Best Buy mailed out.

I'm starting to develop an unhealthy fixation on LEGO minifigures; three weeks ago, I bought a cheesy LEGO Batman DVD just for the Nightwing figure that came with it. This would be slightly easier to justify if I had any human offspring, but I am pretty sure that having a LEGO problem isn't a good reason to have kids.

Is there a deal on that did anywhere? I would like to pick up a night wing minifig.
Not really. This is the best one I've seen.

Yea, I have that blue Nightwing too. Cause the recent Nightwings have been the New 52 red version.
Hm. The funny thing is that I hadn't even heard about the new costume until this movie came out; I haven't really been keeping up with New 52 stuff and now I've read something vague somewhere that they're completely rebooting the continuity again--classic DC wackiness.

Just an FYI for any of you who picked up the PS4 starter pack recently, if you tweet at the Lego Dimensions twitter account about the new Supergirl starter pack, they might ask you to DM them. They'll then direct you to fill out a support ticket explaining the problem. If you can prove you bought it recently with a receipt, they'll send you a Supergirl minfig for free some time next month.

I am a Disney Infinity refugee (have all figures/playsets)...looking at getting into Dimensions. I have GCU and realize there was just an up to 70% off sale at best buy...but does anyone have any idea when the next big sale on the starter pack will be? I think it was like $35 plus tax during that sale. I can bite for that, I will try to keep my purchasing limited to just the stuff my daughter and I am actually in to, but I feel similar to infinity I will end up try to get it all if the price is right. My daughter and I enjoyed infinity (still do) but prior to that we had fun playing the other Lego games. I also have several of those games that we have yet to start. So yes, I have a problem. :) 

Any info on the deals would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Just an FYI for any of you who picked up the PS4 starter pack recently, if you tweet at the Lego Dimensions twitter account about the new Supergirl starter pack, they might ask you to DM them. They'll then direct you to fill out a support ticket explaining the problem. If you can prove you bought it recently with a receipt, they'll send you a Supergirl minfig for free some time next month.
Tried this a few days ago, but haven't heard anything.

Have wanted Lego Dimensions forever, so I got myself an early birthday present during the BB sale. Bought the starter set, Portal, and Doctor Who!

The PS3 and 360 versions say in stock for me, so I don't think they're the version with Super Girl.
The Super Girl is an exclusive for that PS4 starter pack. Although, I thought I saw someone mention it will be available for purchase without the starter pack at a later time. The Xbox 360 and PS3 mentions, were just to let people know about the sale prices for the regular starter packs. :)

The Super Girl is an exclusive for that PS4 starter pack. Although, I thought I saw someone mention it will be available for purchase without the starter pack at a later time. The Xbox 360 and PS3 mentions, were just to let people know about the sale prices for the regular starter packs. :)
Oh right, duh. I forgot about that detail. As for available, it'll be at least March 2017 or something before it'll be available, if it'll even be available.

I am a Disney Infinity refugee (have all figures/playsets)...looking at getting into Dimensions. I have GCU and realize there was just an up to 70% off sale at best buy...but does anyone have any idea when the next big sale on the starter pack will be? I think it was like $35 plus tax during that sale. I can bite for that, I will try to keep my purchasing limited to just the stuff my daughter and I am actually in to, but I feel similar to infinity I will end up try to get it all if the price is right. My daughter and I enjoyed infinity (still do) but prior to that we had fun playing the other Lego games. I also have several of those games that we have yet to start. So yes, I have a problem. :)

Any info on the deals would be appreciated.

Thanks
Check out this awesome tracker if you don't buy anything you don't need unless you like the figures.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Legodimensions/wiki/tracker

You only need 18 packs for season 1 on dimensions.

I believe they said Supergirl will be an in-game purchase, however, not a physical one.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/16/supergirl-lands-in-lego-dimensions-on-ps4/

"For those of you that are already playing the adrenaline thrill ride that is LEGO Dimensions, Supergirl will be available next year with the “Hire-a-Hero” feature in the game."
Well that sucks. I just finished binge watching season 1 of Supergirl and would happily buy that figure. fuck me for being an "early" adopter. I'll keep this in mind when or if there's ever a Lego Dimensions 2 starter years from now. Patience is key.

Well that sucks. I just finished binge watching season 1 of Supergirl and would happily buy that figure. fuck me for being an "early" adopter. I'll keep this in mind when or if there's ever a Lego Dimensions 2 starter years from now. Patience is key.
Early adopters usually get the shaft anyway, but putting a new, exclusive minifig in an old starter set is a dick move.

Early adopters usually get the shaft anyway, but putting a new, exclusive minifig in an old starter set is a dick move.
What's going to be funny is if they come out with a Supergirl Fun Pack next April that will contain a mini-build that you cannot get without it. Or if they make it so Green Arrow and her come in a pack. Then every collector that bought a new Starter just for her, will then have to buy her again to get the other item.

I'd say the thing to do unless you actually need a Starter for the PS4 is to wait and see what happens when the exclusive runs out next March.

Starter sets have been staying low. Think this is a new regular street price or maybe just dumping stock for a new starter?
I bet they go back to $60 or so with the new figure. If MSRP for the level packs with the new bases is $50, surely the actual game will be priced higher. I doubt it ever goes back to $100 though.

Looking to buy some older Lego games before the Xbox live sales end tomorrow. We've been playing through Lego Marvel Superheros and loving it but apparently that's the best one. Can someone recommend:

Lego Batman: 2 (x360 $5) or 3 (xb1 $8)?
Harry Potter (xb360 $5)?

Thanks

Harry potter 1-4 is one of my favorites. 5-7 is pretty good as well. Batman 2 is decent but not as expansive as batman 3 or marvel.
Awesome. Thanks. I'll grab beyond Gotham and Harry Potter 1. I'll wait on the beyond Gotham dlc, cheap as it is, I'm assuming it's just a bunch of "fetch" free roam missions?

I'm tempted by the DLC for Marvel Superheroes but I think it's just more characters and no missions at all...

Harry potter 1-4 is one of my favorites. 5-7 is pretty good as well. Batman 2 is decent but not as expansive as batman 3 or marvel.
I found Batman 2 and Marvel way more fun than Batman 3

I feel B3 was one of the low points in the series, and one of the worst Lego Super Heroes (Lego Avengers was pretty bad too)

I found Batman 2 and Marvel way more fun than Batman 3

I feel B3 was one of the low points in the series, and one of the worst Lego Super Heroes (Lego Avengers was pretty bad too)
Agreed, Batman 2 is one of my favorites. The giant Gotham City hub was really fun.

Agreed, Batman 2 is one of my favorites. The giant Gotham City hub was really fun.
They really did lose something by making the hub so limited in the Watchtower instead of an open world. It really felt like a step backwards on long term replay. The levels though were really decent, and the season pass content (particularly the Arrow content if you are a fan) was great.

Lego Batman 2 is awesome. A lot like Lego Marvel. I'll probably wait until Lego games are on sale again (another 6 months?) before picking up some of the others that were recommended. Besides we're all getting new Lego dimensions stuff soon, right?

Nice! I've been waiting for a BB sale. Right now, I've got a $40 cert. Can I use it to buy GCU and get a discount on this sale?

If not, I think I'll use it get the last 3 team packs I need.

Which sale are you guys talking about? I thought only new sets were in the ad this week? At normal price?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edit : oh I see deal of the day. Older fun packs $7.19 gcu and team and level packs $15.99 gcu

Damn I should have bought the ones I wanted last time around. I believe Portal and Dr. Who were going at 11.xx if I recall correctly :wall:

Anyone else have their Target order for Season 2 stuff delayed? New ship date is middle of October which is ridiculous. These are at the 50% preorder prices so I don't want to cancel but it seems absurd for them to have plenty of instore stock and delay shipping for two weeks. Am I able to switch items to pick up at store and keep the price?

Anyone else have their Target order for Season 2 stuff delayed? New ship date is middle of October which is ridiculous. These are at the 50% preorder prices so I don't want to cancel but it seems absurd for them to have plenty of instore stock and delay shipping for two weeks. Am I able to switch items to pick up at store and keep the price?
Mine too, very strange

Yeah these are not bad prices if you still need some but not all time lows.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yes I'd wait even with GCU added on the BB prices. These will drop again before BF for anyone who doesn't need them ASAP. I feel like the new rule for Dimensions should be wait until 50% off or better, given the sales we've seen in the first year.

Only part of my order was delayed (the Mr. T one claims to be on backorder), the Ghostbusters and M:I sets didn't change. It says you have to approve the delay or they will cancel your order but in my experience in the past, it doesn't get cancelled if you ignore it. I had originally gotten in on the buy 2 get 1 mistake when Fire Emblem pre-orders were mistakenly part of the deal and figured I'd just let my order cancel itself since I ended up getting a special edition later. After I received the delay message, I never approved it and the two games still ended up shipping to me. Still it doesn't hurt to go in to your order to approve the delay, it only takes a moment.

bread's done
Back