Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy has 60% off Lego Dimensions packs for GCU members. Preorders not included but literally everything else is.

Level Packs $11.99
Team Packs $9.99
Fun Packs $4.99
Starter packs $31.99-$36.99
Ghostbusters Story Pack $19.99

Best Buy has 60% off Lego Dimensions packs for GCU members. Preorders not included but literally everything else is.

Level Packs $11.99
Team Packs $9.99
Fun Packs $4.99
Starter packs $31.99-$36.99
Ghostbusters Story Pack $19.99
I've been thinking about jumping in. How is this sale compared to others that have happened? It seems really good.

I've been thinking about jumping in. How is this sale compared to others that have happened? It seems really good.
This is the best overall sale to date. Previously there have been some Target sales combined with Cartwheel offers that got the fun packs for $4ish, but even that was for select characters. I have never seen the other stuff any cheaper.

I had my game save corrupted for the second time in the Ghostbusters story pack. Between that and the fact that movie was pretty bad (and by extension a lot of the game) I'm throwing in the towel on those 3 trophies. I'm hoping the fact that my PS4 being glitchy is the culprit but wanted to warn anyone who just starting on it.

I keep waiting for a patch between that issue and the stuff I've heard about the Adventure Time level. My kids got me the Ghostbusters Story Pack and are really excited to play it... hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Sorry to hear about glitches with those two levels--they're the ones I'm about to buy during this sale. But let's be honest--I'm mostly in it for the Adventure Time minifigs and models.

This is the best overall sale to date. Previously there have been some Target sales combined with Cartwheel offers that got the fun packs for $4ish, but even that was for select characters. I have never seen the other stuff any cheaper.
Amazon had a bunch of the fun packs for $1-2 dollars just after Christmas last year combining one of their price match deals with a promo they were running themselves.

I didn't buy the Adventure Time Team pack yet, but anyone that has it do you recommend it? I'm considering that one or the Lego Ghost Busters story set.

I also passed on the Midway Arcade play set. Doesn't seem that interesting.

Jumped on the Ghostbusters and Portal packs as well as the A team one with Mr. T. I pity the fool who don't buy these at these prices!

I didn't buy the Adventure Time Team pack yet, but anyone that has it do you recommend it? I'm considering that one or the Lego Ghost Busters story set.

If you like Adventure Time the world is a treasure trove. It's kind of the perfect scenario where it's the same old stuff but everything has that awesome Adventure Time style and polish. Plus all original voicework. Ghostbusters oddly appears to have mostly soundalikes that are aping the movie lines verbatim which makes the whole experience even worse. There are some decent jokes though.

I keep waiting for a patch between that issue and the stuff I've heard about the Adventure Time level. My kids got me the Ghostbusters Story Pack and are really excited to play it... hopefully this gets fixed soon.
I was on the fence about getting those after putting in an order for the original Ghostbusters level pack, A Team fun pack, and Simpsons level pack.

I figured with the way a lot of year 1 stuff has been quietly discontinued (or just not being restocked), this might be my last chance to pick up those at a decent price. I'm already annoyed at myself for passing on Back to the Future level pack after the price was glitches on Best Buy and now it's disappeared from pretty much everywhere.

I think I'll wait on Adventure Time and Ghostbusters story pack cause they've been out a relatively short period of time and there's still opportunities for them to have another future sale.

I was on the fence about getting those after putting in an order for the original Ghostbusters level pack, A Team fun pack, and Simpsons level pack.

I figured with the way a lot of year 1 stuff has been quietly discontinued (or just not being restocked), this might be my last chance to pick up those at a decent price. I'm already annoyed at myself for passing on Back to the Future level pack after the price was glitches on Best Buy and now it's disappeared from pretty much everywhere.

I think I'll wait on Adventure Time and Ghostbusters story pack cause they've been out a relatively short period of time and there's still opportunities for them to have another future sale.
I really don't see the new ghostbusters getting any cheaper than this. It's a whole new portal not jut a level pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you guys think it's even worth getting the PS4 starter pack to obtain super girl? Isn't it supposed to be a timed exclusive? It's a decent price at Best Buy right now.

Do you guys think it's even worth getting the PS4 starter pack to obtain super girl? Isn't it supposed to be a timed exclusive? It's a decent price at Best Buy right now.
I personally don't think it's worth it. I've always assumed the figure would be available on its own later, even if it's next year or beyond. Not much use for a second starter set so I don't see the value.

If you play the PS4 version, you literally can't finish the Adventure Time level.

I bought the Super Girl pack for $40+tax and sold everything else, and still ended up paying more than $15 for Super Girl. Up to you whether she's worth it. She would be the only one I'm missing, so I had to.

Dammit. I preordered wave 6 from Amazon back when it was 40% off and haven't even played any of the new content yet, and now it's 60% off at Best Buy. Definitely gonna have to wait for 50% off or better from now on.

If you play the PS4 version, you literally can't finish the Adventure Time level.

I bought the Super Girl pack for $40+tax and sold everything else, and still ended up paying more than $15 for Super Girl. Up to you whether she's worth it. She would be the only one I'm missing, so I had to.
Wow that bad? I thought people were able to at least play it to some extent.

I found the Back to the Future level a while back, but I heard the level was pretty lame so I didn't buy it and just went with the Dr. Brown.

This seems to imply other versions don't have this problem? I have been considering jumping into this game for a long time now and now seems to be a good time with the price. I was trying to decide between PS4 and XB1 versions and was considering getting the Adventure Time level pack.

What level packs do you all recommend? I was thinking of getting one or two and the Portal 2, Simpsons and Adventure Time packs seem cool. Do any of these, or others, stand out as being really good to anyone?

Portal 2 is very fun - good change of pace from the standard smashing and collecting.

Ghostbusters is a lot of fun also and the hub world is great. Lots of nostalgia.

Back to the Future wasn't so hot in my opinion. Campaign was super short and the hub world isn't that big compared to others.

Portal 2 is very fun - good change of pace from the standard smashing and collecting.

Ghostbusters is a lot of fun also and the hub world is great. Lots of nostalgia.

Back to the Future wasn't so hot in my opinion. Campaign was super short and the hub world isn't that big compared to others.
I wonder if that's why BTTF is so hard to find in stores.

That's incorrect. I renewed my GCU online about a week ago.
Yes, that's what I discovered. After buying the card in store but not yet giving me a discount online. If I add the digital GCU to my cart, I can see the 60% off prices. But I don't want to spend another 30 obviously. Been a frustrating ordeal. Hopefully it really will clear up in 24 hours so I can place some online preorders.

Maybe because it was mispriced for so long at best buy that it actually sold more.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Likely this. It's been on sale so many times. It was one of the first sets I bought. I even got it before I got a starter set. I love BTTF movies. Huge fan. I really hope they'll make an actual full LEGO BTTF game.

Wow that bad? I thought people were able to at least play it to some extent.
This seems to imply other versions don't have this problem?

What level packs do you all recommend? I was thinking of getting one or two and the Portal 2, Simpsons and Adventure Time packs seem cool. Do any of these, or others, stand out as being really good to anyone?
It's a problem only on PS4, AFAIK. There are more than likely other bugs with other consoles, cause every LEGO game has tons of bugs. In the Adventure Time level, in the second section, you either crash or get stuck after jumping on the second set of trampolines required to progress. You can't get past it at all, so you can't finish it. There hasn't been a patch for it either, AFAIK.

As for packs... Portal 2 is worth every penny. Doctor Who was ok. Classic Ghostbuster and Simpsons are both letdowns, though the Simpsons world is nice. Mission Impossible one was ok, but I didn't expect much going in. Adventure Time is probably great, not that I can finish it.

If you are in to retro gaming the Midway Arcade pack is well worth it. On top of the level itself you get a whole bunch of classic arcade games as well

It's a problem only on PS4, AFAIK. There are more than likely other bugs with other consoles, cause every LEGO game has tons of bugs. In the Adventure Time level, in the second section, you either crash or get stuck after jumping on the second set of trampolines required to progress. You can't get past it at all, so you can't finish it. There hasn't been a patch for it either, AFAIK.

As for packs... Portal 2 is worth every penny. Doctor Who was ok. Classic Ghostbuster and Simpsons are both letdowns, though the Simpsons world is nice. Mission Impossible one was ok, but I didn't expect much going in. Adventure Time is probably great, not that I can finish it.
Ugh, I can't believe what a debacle season 2 has been. In Ghostbusters I made it level 4 and my kids had made it to level 5 before a crash bug hit at the start of the next level, effectively erasing all story progress. These sales make it impossible for me not to recommend but I don't remember anything like this from the original.

Thanks. That is very informative. As much as I like Adventure Time, I think I am going to pass. I decided that I want to get the PS4 version, since there is the Supergirl minifig. I think I'll get Portal 2 and Simpsons level packs, as well as the Doc Brown and Wicked Witch fun packs. Maybe if they ever get around to fixing the Adventure Time level, I will pick that one up.

The original wasn't modular like season 2. I'm sure it has something to do with it.

Damn, I got the PS4 version for Super Girl, but now I feel like I screwed up if the game is unplayable on the PS4. Hopefully the patch coming out will fix things up, but it seems TT doesn't have a great rep when it comes around to fixing bugs.

So I ordered and picked up the Mission: Impossible and Harry Potter packs. I had wanted to get more, but I figured I'd buy them in the next day or two. Then I just checked and it seems like some of them are store only availability, so I ordered the Doc Brown, Ghostbusters (Male and Female) and Homer Simpson packs.

You can renew online, it took me about 6 hours from when I paid for it to reactivate
As long as it activates before the sale ends and I can find the rest sets I need it'll work itself out. The store employee was very dedicated and was able to get me the proper prices even though the system wasn't cooperating.

Ugh, I can't believe what a debacle season 2 has been. In Ghostbusters I made it level 4 and my kids had made it to level 5 before a crash bug hit at the start of the next level, effectively erasing all story progress. These sales make it impossible for me not to recommend but I don't remember anything like this from the original.
While I was exploring Portals 2 world a few months ago after finishing the level in perfect (everything acquired in 1 run), it crashed when I got a gold brick... (first time seeing BSOD on PS4) and corrupted the save file.

Luckily I had an older back up, though still lost all progress of Ghostbuster and Portals 2.

Lesson learnt, I now back up the save games more often (or use auto upload to the cloud for PSN+)

Thanks. That is very informative. As much as I like Adventure Time, I think I am going to pass. I decided that I want to get the PS4 version, since there is the Supergirl minifig. I think I'll get Portal 2 and Simpsons level packs, as well as the Doc Brown and Wicked Witch fun packs. Maybe if they ever get around to fixing the Adventure Time level, I will pick that one up.
I read that not every one had the problem, some worked fine after reload and some got around that by using a flying character.

You'd better to pick that up when it's cheap, unless there is a sale on Black Friday (GCU discount not available), it won't hit lower price any sooner (as I remember the lowest of Year 1 level pack is also at the same 50% off + 20% GCU)

Too bad the sale doesn't apply to pre-order. Still have the ET and others preordered at TRU at $25 for 3.

I read that not every one had the problem, some worked fine after reload and some got around that by using a flying character.

You'd better to pick that up when it's cheap, unless there is a sale on Black Friday (GCU discount not available), it won't hit lower price any sooner (as I remember the lowest of Year 1 level pack is also at the same 50% off + 20% GCU)

Too bad the sale doesn't apply to pre-order. Still have the ET and others preordered at TRU at $25 for 3.
Well that's good to know. I tried googling for the bug but only found a few reports, and none said anything about being able to get around it. So, I'm glad you have a bit of insight on it. Maybe I will still snag the Adventure Time one, as well. I told myself when I saw the sale that I would just get the starter pack and maybe one expansion, after reading that you need characters to unlock all of the content in the base game, I decided to get a few more for hub levels and characters I wanted. Thanks for the info.

Honestly, I would get the Adventure Time set even if it's broken, if you're at all interested. I did try flying characters too, and it didn't work for me. Basically tried 4 times. Three co-op (once with only 2 Adventure Time characters, once with flying), and once solo (with either Finn or Jake).

Honestly, I would get the Adventure Time set even if it's broken, if you're at all interested. I did try flying characters too, and it didn't work for me. Basically tried 4 times. Three co-op (once with only 2 Adventure Time characters, once with flying), and once solo (with either Finn or Jake).
I haven't started the Adventure Time yet, just got all the red bricks (for stud magnet, half-cost vehicle upgrade and etc) going to re-do Portals 2 first (because of corrupted save)

I'm referring to the info I found here

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/144665-lego-dimensions/74348905

So IDK the issue but what I did was started from the autosave point at the beginning of the balcony area then flew over to the final pancake with a flying character, then swapped to finn and removed EVERYTHING except for finn from the pad... he was then able to continue...

IDK if it was simply switching to finn and continuing that way, or if I simply got lucky that try, but if anyone else has that issue we now know it's passable...
I had the exact same thing happen to me. Crash after jumping on the pancake. I restarted the game, it loaded me into the last checkpoint, and then everything went ok from there.
I was surprised the game could get passed the QA before releasing if it always happened (QA must have been able to complete the level or they couldn't finish the QA process) or it was caused some other issues that wasn't there when they QA it.

bread's done
Back