Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious to what price does LEGO sell the sets to retailers for. Working at Lowes they would have mulch 5 for $10 and everyone be like "This stuff is shit, you much be making a lot off of it" and in reality it cost Lowes $2.12 a bag.

The people who go and buy a few and stick them for $5-8 on eBay I'm fine with. That's still several hundred percent mark up, but there is no excuse for people taking them all when children want them. If I was there I would have taken what I wanted out of his cart. I've in Targets on Thursdays and seen rich asshole wives go up and down the aisles with 2-3 cart full of shit claiming it was theirs. Because what they do is they think they own it because they stuck it in a cart and then can decide what they want to buy. I end up shopping out of their carts.

I'm curious to what price does LEGO sell the sets to retailers for. Working at Lowes they would have mulch 5 for $10 and everyone be like "This stuff is shit, you much be making a lot off of it" and in reality it cost Lowes $2.12 a bag.

The people who go and buy a few and stick them for $5-8 on eBay I'm fine with. That's still several hundred percent mark up, but there is no excuse for people taking them all when children want them. If I was there I would have taken what I wanted out of his cart. I've in Targets on Thursdays and seen rich asshole wives go up and down the aisles with 2-3 cart full of shit claiming it was theirs. Because what they do is they think they own it because they stuck it in a cart and then can decide what they want to buy. I end up shopping out of their carts.
My guess was that it is just that 99 Cent Only stores are a small chain- for a large chain of store dealing with liquidation product, there probably would have been a lot less to go around.

There are only 394 99 Cent only stories.
Compare that to 1,493 Big Lots stores, or 13,600 Dollar Tree stores or 10,662 Family Dollar stores.

Additionally, they're rather localized- while the internet does make some of those 99 cent Dimensions sets make it to ebay, it doesn't completely destroy the price memory of the product to the majority of people... if you saw Lego Dimensions sets for 99 cents all around you, would you be all that quick to go pay close to full retail when the next wave of sets come out?

Those lighted cases are crap! Each one holds about the contents of a Fun Pack!
You can spend a LOT of money on display options for various collectibles. It doesnt matter if your talking about lego Dimensions, Sideshow statues, original Star Wars figures, or just having prints framed. To many collectors, displaying thier collectibles in a manner that makes them look as nice as possible is just as important as the collectibles themselves. Just head over to StatueForum and look at how much some people spend to display thier Sideshow/XM/Prime 1 etc., statues. Or head over to various print collecting forums and see how much some people spend getting $50-$100 prints framed. CLEARLY these Lego cases were NOT aimed at people who just want to store thier Lego Dimension figures in a box for as cheap as possible. They were CLEARLY made for people who want to DISPLAY thier Lego Dimensions figures and have them look as nice as possible and don't mind spending the money to do so. In other words, they were CLEARLY not designed with people like you in mind.

The entire topic of display solutions and the amount of money people spend on them is purely subjective so your personal opinion on Lego's display solution, or any other storage solution for collectibles, couldn't possibly be more irrelvant to me and I guarantee the people who take displaying thier collecibles just as serious as collecting them in the first place will feel the same way about your opinion. Go store your Lego Dimensions in a old dusty shoebox for all I care or line then all up on a windowsill that gets a crapload of sunlight, lol. I honestly couldn't care less one way or another.

You can spend a LOT of money on display options for various collectibles. It doesnt matter if your talking about lego Dimensions, Sideshow statues, original Star Wars figures, or just having prints framed. To many collectors, displaying thier collectibles in a manner that makes them look as nice as possible is just as important as the collectibles themselves. Just head over to StatueForum and look at how much some people spend to display thier Sideshow/XM/Prime 1 etc., statues. Or head over to various print collecting forums and see how much some people spend getting $50-$100 prints framed. CLEARLY these Lego cases were NOT aimed at people who just want to store thier Lego Dimension figures in a box for as cheap as possible. They were CLEARLY made for people who want to DISPLAY thier Lego Dimensions figures and have them look as nice as possible and don't mind spending the money to do so. In other words, they were CLEARLY not designed with people like you in mind.

The entire topic of display solutions and the amount of money people spend on them is purely subjective so your personal opinion on Lego's display solution, or any other storage solution for collectibles, couldn't possibly be more irrelvant to me and I guarantee the people who take displaying thier collecibles just as serious as collecting them in the first place will feel the same way about your opinion. Go store your Lego Dimensions in a old dusty shoebox for all I care or line then all up on a windowsill that gets a crapload of sunlight, lol. I honestly couldn't care less one way or another.
You've not posted here much, but you're CLEARLY not made to handle forum discussion with people who have different opinions than yours.

Trying to find Dr Who, Scooby and Jurassic World. (Would also take ninjago team pack and Benny, but not as excited about those). Does anyone have them to sell and ship (no boxes needed) to Atlanta for a reasonable price? Pm me if you do, thanks.

I'm using a three tiered wire spice shelf that I was using for Infinity figures previously, it's sitting on my game room coffee table.   However, once my eBay order arrives (it's been stuck in that "seller printed a label but we don't have it yet" status for nearly a week), I'll have to find something bigger.    

I was actually thinking a tiered cupcake stand or something similar would look pretty neat holding them on the table.

What the hell was the point of all this?

I don't display my lego dimensions figurines. I do like to have them on hand and take the necessary character as comfortable as possible when I'm gaming. I had this container from Costco left over (comes in a 4 or 5 pack for $20) and works great. I can fit everything I own (18 packs, still waiting for my $6 et pack from amazon to ship lol)) in just one and pull each character w base out easily and cars are a little bit tighter now w this fire sale but still easy to choose the one I want.[attachment=25438:IMG_0347.JPG]

Since people are posting display/storage option recommendations now that their collections are growing, I'll repost the below that I mentioned last month. I've been super happy with them. I've got everything except for only having one each of the Ninjago and Chima sets and it just barely fits in three of these. Stacked on a shelf, they provide a nice view of the outer row of figures and vehicles. When I'm playing, they're super easy to move to where I'm sitting and offer easy access to the entire collection. I'd say functionally, they're as friendly as what Carlanga posted, but with the benefit of displaying a good chunk of the collection in a way that looks pretty good. If anyone's interested, I can try to remember to snap and post a pic of what they look like when I get home.

http://www.target.com/p/interdesign-8-fridge-organization-bin-clear/-/A-14917351?clkid=32f43861Nc38a7bc692a9652a063407f0&lnm=81938&afid=VigLink2&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002. 

So I have every set so far...exxcept for the freaking Doctor Who level pack. 

And it appears to be impossible to find everywhere.

Just sold out? Or were they recalled or something? Around Thanksgiving they were abundant...now, nowhere.

So I have every set so far...exxcept for the freaking Doctor Who level pack.
And it appears to be impossible to find everywhere.
Just sold out? Or were they recalled or something? Around Thanksgiving they were abundant...now, nowhere.
99.9¢ at 99¢ Only Stores. They are/(were?) in abundance for a buck apiece, at least through last week.

The store in Lynwood, CA had tons of Nya today. They also had some on end caps around the middle of the store. I'm still missing Jurassic World, unfortunately. 

My local store just got a restock today and its fill to the brim with Bart, bad cop and all 3 LOTR.  It looks like this store never got any of the newer stuff or level packs besides Homer.   :whistle2:(

Trying to offload these if anyone needs them. Not really trying to make a profit, picked up a couple of each for trades and now just trying to clear space since I was able to get everything I was missing through trade/ebay.

Shoot me a PM. Not really looking for anything unless someone has a spare Green Arrow from Gamestop laying around. 

Emmet

Bad Cop

Unikitty

Portal 2

Ninjago Zane

Ninjago Sensei Wu

Homer

Bart

Wicked Witch (1 left)

Chima Cragger

Chima Eris

LOTR Legolas

LOTR Gimli

LOTR Gollum

Trying to offload these if anyone needs them. Not really trying to make a profit, picked up a couple of each for trades and now just trying to clear space since I was able to get everything I was missing through trade/ebay.

Shoot me a PM. Not really looking for anything unless someone has a spare Green Arrow from Gamestop laying around.

Emmet
Bad Cop
Unikitty
Portal 2
Ninjago Zane
Ninjago Sensei Wu
Homer
Bart
Wicked Witch (1 left)
Chima Cragger
Chima Eris
LOTR Legolas
LOTR Gimli
LOTR Gollum
Pmed you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we have any idea how long the Gamestop pricing is lasting this time?  I was thinking about doing a few trades this weekend and grabbing the Ghostbuster story pack.

Hell, if anyone has spare Green Arrows or any packs not found at 99¢ Only Stores for trade, I've got extras of each and every one of the 25 or so that were found at 99¢ Store. Again looking to only trade for packs not at the 99¢ Only Stores. Not selling these at this time.

Tomorrow Knight Rider, Excalibur Batman, and Batman the Movie Story Pack are supposed to be released, as well as Marceline losing her TRU exclusive status.

I posted this in the other forum but will post here as well:

I just bought a set off of eBay so I will have the following for trade or sale:

$3 each plus shipping (loose will get you a better rate, and I am pretty much selling these for what it cost me to get them)

71202 HOMER SIMPSON
71203 PORTAL 2  SOLD
71221 WIZARD OF OZ WICKED WITCH
71205 JURASSIC WORLD (Asking $5)
71211 BART SIMPSON
71213 BAD COP LEGO MOVIE
71214 BENNY
71216 NYA
71218 GOLLUM LORD OF RINGS (SOLD)
71219 LEGOLAS LORD OF RINGS (SOLD)
71223 CRAGGER CHIMA
71231 UNIKITTY LEGO MOVIE (SOLD)
71232 ERIS CHIMA
71234 NINJAGO SENSEI WU

Want:
MUST TRADE MULTIPLES OTHERWISE SHIPPING MAKES IT NOT WORTH IT
Back to the Future
Doctor Who
Zane
Emmit
Scooby Doo
Ghostbusters sets
DC SuperHero sets
Supergirl
Green Arrow
Arcade Set
Adventure Time
Grimlins pretty much any of the sets that aren't from $0.99 store

I have Green Arrows from Gamestop but I'm not sure if it's the only version released and is what you CAGs are looking for.

I'm not permitted to post an image of what I have until my fourth post, apparently. I'll try in my next post as that'll be my fourth.

[attachment=25450:IMG_1502.JPG]

As you can see, I have multiples but don't have much else to offer for trade.

Edit: I just checked eBay. I had no idea these guys were going for so much. I've honestly been sticking them in little goody bags and hiding them in Gamestop dumpsters. I may have to put an end to that. :whistle2:?

Looks like he's got a ton of some of the simpsons sets too, selling 50 krustys for $100.  At least he'll make profit there, but wonder why so cheap and so eager to move them.  He bought hundreds of these just to make $50 total profit?

Looks like he's got a ton of some of the simpsons sets too, selling 50 krustys for $100. At least he'll make profit there, but wonder why so cheap and so eager to move them. He bought hundreds of these just to make $50 total profit?
Dollar stores typically buy large lots of unsold stock by the pallet from other stores for pennies on the dollar. I know at least some ebay and Amazon sellers do the same, so it's feasible that some of these folks are selling stock they got from the same place as the stores as opposed to stuff they hoarded from the stores.

Looks like Amazon isn't shipping out the Lego Batman story back that was supposed to be out today?  I've had mine preordered for months. Glad they didn't however, because Best Buy seems to be price matching and it obviously stacks with GCU, so even cheaper!!!  

Just a heads up all.

I would assume a fair amount of the cheap, less profitable offloading in bulk for Fun Packs is also the result of misunderstanding demand and pricing of Dimensions.  Seeing a Lego kit selling for $1 that has MSRP of $12ish seems like a pretty quick way to make some decent money.  However, in reality stores already have so many b1g1 or 50% sales that most of us only pay $5 or $6 for Fun Packs regularly so the profit potential drops for the Fun Packs.  The Team and Level packs are a much easier flip online but I'm not sure if the re-seller community really knew to differentiate between the types at first.

Dollar stores typically buy large lots of unsold stock by the pallet from other stores for pennies on the dollar. I know at least some ebay and Amazon sellers do the same, so it's feasible that some of these folks are selling stock they got from the same place as the stores as opposed to stuff they hoarded from the stores.
I'd say this is highly likely all of these are coming from clearance wholesalers. Someone a bit back corrected me to say Jay (the TRU exclusive) was actually appearing at the 99 cent stores, which definitely means they aren't getting them from the primary distributor. Last time I went in TRU, their Lego Dimensions section was pretty empty, wondering if TRU if clearancing out their old stock to second tier retailers. Those places don't care who orders from them as long as they buy it in sufficient volume.

Looks like Amazon isn't shipping out the Lego Batman story back that was supposed to be out today? I've had mine preordered for months. Glad they didn't however, because Best Buy seems to be price matching and it obviously stacks with GCU, so even cheaper!!!

Just a heads up all.
Best Buy actually sent their out early, I got mine yesterday. Good deal and got it early!

Had been trying to order the Knight Rider set on sale for pre-order at GameStop for $7.19 all week with a couple used games for free shipping.  Kept getting an order error.  I had assumed it was the free shipping in split orders due to pre-order.  Tried re-ordering after the Knight Rider went to being released and order worked just fine, though now Gamestop is not selling that for the sale price anymore.  Looks like everything is still on sale but today's releases (Knight Rider and the no longer exclusive Marceline).

Looks like Amazon isn't shipping out the Lego Batman story back that was supposed to be out today? I've had mine preordered for months. Glad they didn't however, because Best Buy seems to be price matching and it obviously stacks with GCU, so even cheaper!!!

Just a heads up all.
I picked up Lego Batman today. This is the first Story Pack I've bought at launch since it was close enough to my buy price of $20 with the price match + GCU. :D

Had been trying to order the Knight Rider set on sale for pre-order at GameStop for $7.19 all week with a couple used games for free shipping. Kept getting an order error. I had assumed it was the free shipping in split orders due to pre-order. Tried re-ordering after the Knight Rider went to being released and order worked just fine, though now Gamestop is not selling that for the sale price anymore. Looks like everything is still on sale but today's releases (Knight Rider and the no longer exclusive Marceline).
Just came out of GameStop and it is ringing up $7.19 in store, part of the current 40% off sale that goes through tomorrow I believe. The price tag on the KR set shows $11.99 but when it's scanned at the register it drops down to the sale price

Yep Knight Rider is stilling ringing up at $7.19 As much as I loath GameStop they rarely have these on sale and with all of the money I saved with the 99¢ store fiesta I sucked it up and bought it. The store I went to only had about 3 left so it seems they didn't get that many.

Ugh. I guess I'm headed over to gamestop.

Picked up the Lego Batman movie set and we've already seen the movie this weekend. The movie was cute. The game is a pretty drawn out re-telling of the movie. So far, spoilers abound in the game (not as if that's a surprise to anyone).

I need to stop playing Lego Gotham 3, and Lego Avengers with my son. All these stand alone Lego titles really make the dimensions content feel really sub par.

Ugh. I guess I'm headed over to gamestop.

Picked up the Lego Batman movie set and we've already seen the movie this weekend. The movie was cute. The game is a pretty drawn out re-telling of the movie. So far, spoilers abound in the game (not as if that's a surprise to anyone).

I need to stop playing Lego Gotham 3, and Lego Avengers with my son. All these stand alone Lego titles really make the dimensions content feel really sub par.
I've found it allows me to appreciate Dimensions more. The ability to mix and match franchises is mainly what sets it apart from the standalones. Every standalone I've ever played has been confined to that one universe, though there are instances such as the Rebels being in The Force Awakens, despite existing in another era. Also, the Adventure Worlds, with their myriad Gold Bricks and other items to be found, and (sometimes) interesting landscapes to explore, filled with secrets, are something only some standalones have, and usually just one per game. Standalones also allow you to "preview" characters, as they often play similar, if not identical to, how they play in Dimensions. Finally, we'll never see some of these franchises, like A-Team, Knight Rider, Gremlins, or any other property that isn't brand new and/or massively popular.

I can't argue with the cross license fun that comes from dimensions. I will argue with the fact that the knight rider Michael Knight character is voiced by someone who doesn't sound even remotely like the Hoff. Kitt sounds pretty good.

Is $28 shipped for a PS4 starter pack a good deal? It includes everything except Supergirl.
Last gen = you can easily get it at this price at a retail store
Current gen= you can get with a rare deal at a retail store

If you have a PS4 I recommend you picking up Supergirl, as she is the rarest figure out there. You can get it until the end of today for $40 at Best Buy with GCU.

Oh, and average price of Supergirl on eBay is $35 sold.

You've not posted here much, but you're CLEARLY not made to handle forum discussion with people who have different opinions than yours.
Actually, I can handle different opinions just fine, but when people ask for help with various storage/display options for collectibles, or help regarding anything else for that matter, and people respond to posts doing just that with the kind of disdain that Saphoon did....well, such responses are 100% adaquate especially when such ignorance is shown in regards to the entire topic at hand. If I couldn't handle forum discussions I wouldn't be a 14 year member of IMDB and have accounts with at least 15 different forums related websites with topics that range from everything from movies, music, photography, astronomy, and various collecting sites deaing with things like statues, comics, limited edition prints, precious metals/coins, video games, etc.

And I actually post here on a pretty regular basis and have done so since 2011. I just don't come here daily, spends hours at a time on here, or post very often during my working months (April-Sept).

Last gen = you can easily get it at this price at a retail store
Current gen= you can get with a rare deal at a retail store

If you have a PS4 I recommend you picking up Supergirl, as she is the rarest figure out there. You can get it until the end of today for $40 at Best Buy with GCU.

Oh, and average price of Supergirl on eBay is $35 sold.
I decided to just get a copy with the current Amazon lightning deal for about $40 shipped :)

Actually, I can handle different opinions just fine, but when people ask for help with various storage/display options for collectibles, or help regarding anything else for that matter, and people respond to posts doing just that with the kind of disdain that Saphoon did....well, such responses are 100% adaquate especially when such ignorance is shown in regards to the entire topic at hand. If I couldn't handle forum discussions I wouldn't be a 14 year member of IMDB and have accounts with at least 15 different forums related websites with topics that range from everything from movies, music, photography, astronomy, and various collecting sites deaing with things like statues, comics, limited edition prints, precious metals/coins, video games, etc.

And I actually post here on a pretty regular basis and have done so since 2011. I just don't come here daily, spends hours at a time on here, or post very often during my working months (April-Sept).
I'm not sure what to say.

One can be fully informed of the topic at hand and still have a negative opinion of a particular option. Negativity != ignorance.

bread's done
Back