Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Any word yet on Teen Titans Go! world? Can I use my DC Cyborg without any other Go! figures to unlock the Go! open world? (not the level) I've heard he'll change into Go! Cyborg, but not sure if it's enough to unlock access.
Teen Titans Go! sets are supposed to be released this fall along with Beetlejuice & Powerpuff Girls sets.

DC Cyborg will change to TTG version when used in TTG Adventure World, but you won't be able to unlock the world using just Cyborg. It's same as how DC/Dimensions Batman is used in the way that he will change to Lego Batman Movie version when used in Lego Batman Adventure World/Level, but you can't unlock the level/world using him.

Robin that came with Lego Batman Movie set is going to be the same. He will change to TTG version of Robin when used in TTG Adventure World.

Any word yet on Teen Titans Go! world? Can I use my DC Cyborg without any other Go! figures to unlock the Go! open world? (not the level) I've heard he'll change into Go! Cyborg, but not sure if it's enough to unlock access.
I saw all the new stuff listed on BB about 3 or 4 days ago. Be nice if BB had another 50% sale.

Our dog recently chewed through the USB cord on the game pad.  Any idea on a godo way to get a replacement for Xbox One?  Of course they arent universal between consoles.

Our dog recently chewed through the USB cord on the game pad. Any idea on a godo way to get a replacement for Xbox One? Of course they arent universal between consoles.
Contact LEGO support - they're really good about replacing stuff. As a stopgap, you could cut off the chewed-up bits, strip back the wires, twist them back together and cover with electrical tape.

Best Buy Labor Day Weekend Sale on lots of figures. Many singles for $4.79 GCU, Team Packs $9.99 GCU, Level Packs $11.99 GCU, and Story Packs $19.99 GCU.

Decent selection still left including more recent ones like Goonies, Chase, and Hermione.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&st=lego%20dimensions&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&nrp=&sp=%2Bcurrentprice%20skuidsaas&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All%20Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

A reminder that Best Buy usually ships Lego Dimensions in unpadded envelopes, no matter how many you order. Keep that in mind if you need uncrushed boxes, and opt for store pick up. Last sale they had like this months ago, I ordered about 10 different figures and each came in either an individual envelope, or two or three stuffed in one envelope.

Ofc, the Ghostbusters pack with Peter is sold out.. It's probably the only one I'm willing to spend more than $5 on. I'll probably go ahead and snag the 2 new $5 ones though.

If anyone has an extra of that pack that wants one of the equivalently priced ones on sale I'll gladly buy it and have it shipped to you one for one.

Best Buy Labor Day Weekend Sale on lots of figures. Many singles for $4.79 GCU, Team Packs $9.99 GCU, Level Packs $11.99 GCU, and Story Packs $19.99 GCU.

Decent selection still left including more recent ones like Goonies, Chase, and Hermione.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&st=lego%20dimensions&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&nrp=&sp=%2Bcurrentprice%20skuidsaas&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All%20Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

A reminder that Best Buy usually ships Lego Dimensions in unpadded envelopes, no matter how many you order. Keep that in mind if you need uncrushed boxes, and opt for store pick up. Last sale they had like this months ago, I ordered about 10 different figures and each came in either an individual envelope, or two or three stuffed in one envelope.
Thanks . I bought Midway Arcade, Goonies, A-Team, Tina, Knight Rider, Hermione, Lego City Undercover, and Stay Puft. I think I have everything except the Adventure Time stuff and the Ghostbusters Level Pack that's out of stock right now. Would anyone say the Adventure Time level pack would be fun to play for someone who has never even seen 1 minute of Adventure Time? I'll probably be asking the same question at some point for the Teen Titans dlc as well.

Thanks, I was waiting for this sale to grab Goonies.. all caught up now until the next wave is released.. can't wait for Beetlejuice and Powerpuff Girls.

Thanks, been waiting for another sale. Picked up the Beasts and Batman story packs, along with the Goonies and Midway packs. Wanted a few more but the wallet didn't want to cooperate.

Got Goonies, though I can't pick it up until Friday. Couldn't get the others I wanted: Gremlins was shipping only, and the Adventure Time Team and Level packs were sold out. Shame preorders weren't included in the sale, but they never are, and I'm sure we'll see them on sale in the next few months.

I decided to go ahead and get Teen Titans/etc. (the new packs), ordered on Best Buy.  The store didn't have them out, the employee I asked went to look and never came back.  Target and Amazon don't have them in stock (they have pages, but unavailable despite it being the release date).  I've got a feeling the stores aren't all that interested in stocking them, pretty much all of their toys to life have been eliminated (except Amiibo).  I was going to wait for a sale, but I just went ahead as I really like these characters (especially Teen titans Go) so I did not want to miss out on the last ones.  The GCU discount is a little off, and maybe they will go on sale within the return period - but Lego Dimensions sales have been a little scarce lately.

Uh hi, I would like to lodge a complaint with Lego, because on the Beetlejuice fun pack it lists the character's name as Beetlejuice, when that is in fact just the name of the film. The character's name is Betelgeuse, like the star, as seen on his tombstone. Furthermore,

His post must've gotten cancelled like Dimensions.
It wasn't really cancelled though :)

Dimensions actually released all of the content they announced to release for Year 2, all of the Adventure World portals are now accounted for. That's more than you can say for Skylanders, which never released the final toys for Imaginators in the US.

Dimensions actually released all of the content they announced to release for Year 2, all of the Adventure World portals are now accounted for. That's more than you can say for Skylanders, which never released the final toys for Imaginators in the US.
Except they were supposed to support it for three years. And they barely made it to 2 by dragging out the last wave.

Except they were supposed to support it for three years. And they barely made it to 2 by dragging out the last wave.
That was a goal a long time back. They also had planned a Dimensions 2.0. But neither was officially announced, just internal plans.

It was more of a dig at Skylanders than anything. The last Adventure pack/figure and remaining crystals for Imaginators remain (and will likely continue to remain) unreleased in the US. The last figure for Superchargers went unreleased except for a short, online only order at TRU. Trap Team had a whole wave of traps remain unreleased in the US. Even Giants held their last figure and used it as a pre-order bonus for Swap Force. Add in they never gave out release dates (beyond the initial release of a game). Collecting Skylanders was a mix of luck and constant store checking, and it sucked. Dimensions was a model release compared to that shit. Only Supergirl was even kind of shitty, but the price drops on the PS4 version made that not completely ridiculous.

Yeah the way Activision has handled Skylanders has been horrible. I refuse to pay double MSRP for Lost Imaginite Mines. After deciding it wasn't worth the cost spent on Trap Team to unlock everything (and that was with paying half price or less for the Trap Masters), I only bought Superchargers items when they were 75% off or more and will wait for deep discounts on the rest of the Imaginators items I still need if they are available once stores get rid of Imaginators.

I'm glad it hasn't been like that with Lego Dimensions, I waited until Best Buy had the Supergirl starter pack for under $30 with GCU a few months ago and sold the starter pack on EBay without Supergirl and got most of my money back.

'Twas a joke.

That was a goal a long time back. They also had planned a Dimensions 2.0. But neither was officially announced, just internal plans.

Only Supergirl was even kind of shitty, but the price drops on the PS4 version made that not completely ridiculous.
Actually, the 3 year plan was officially announced and advertised. It was their selling point, unlike yearly Skylanders.

And you forgot Green Arrow.

I also guess you forgot that there was a patch that added more gates for year two. They weren't all there at release. It happened around the Adventure Time pack, when they made them each license a download module. It was originally one big pack.

Actually, the 3 year plan was officially announced and advertised. It was their selling point, unlike yearly Skylanders.

And you forgot Green Arrow.

I also guess you forgot that there was a patch that added more gates for year two. They weren't all there at release. It happened around the Adventure Time pack, when they made them each license a download module. It was originally one big pack.
I didn't forget Green Arrow, he was crazy easy to get even with a minimum of effort. You just had to buy one on sale Dimensions product last Black Friday weekend. Anything. The Gamestops around here had a ton of them to give away.

And the "3 year plan" wasn't a selling point. I think you are confusing devs talking about internal "plans" with actual announced features.

No I did not forget that they added those. But Bettlejuice/Teen Titans/etc. have been there for months. What's your point? They added portals, then released the content to support those portals. Unlike Skylanders where they added level portals, then didn't release the toys in the US to access all of those levels. That's my point.

I didn't forget Green Arrow, he was crazy easy to get even with a minimum of effort. You just had to buy one on sale Dimensions product last Black Friday weekend. Anything. The Gamestops around here had a ton of them to give away.
Sure he was. Still harder to get than Super Girl. Just because he was easier to get for you doesn't make it easier for everyone.

And the "3 year plan" wasn't a selling point. I think you are confusing devs talking about internal "plans" with actual announced features.
No I wasn't. They announced it. Multiple times. Google search it. They were literally advertising three years of support to counter Skylanders.

No I did not forget that they added those. But Bettlejuice/Teen Titans/etc. have been there for months. What's your point? They added portals, then released the content to support those portals. Unlike Skylanders where they added level portals, then didn't release the toys in the US to access all of those levels. That's my point.
You're arguing that they released everything they planned since day 1 because all the portals are now filled. I'm saying that's BS because they added portals for year 2. Because they released all of year 2 doesn't mean there wasn't supposed to be a year 3.

Not to mention, PPG and Teen Titans were both supposed to be levels.

Sure he was. Still harder to get than Super Girl. Just because he was easier to get for you doesn't make it easier for everyone.

No I wasn't. They announced it. Multiple times. Google search it. They were literally advertising three years of support to counter Skylanders.

You're arguing that they released everything they planned since day 1 because all the portals are now filled. I'm saying that's BS because they added portals for year 2. Because they released all of year 2 doesn't mean there wasn't supposed to be a year 3.

Not to mention, PPG and Teen Titans were both supposed to be levels.
Oh ok, you are hanging that on something in interviews before the game even released two years ago. Whatever, fine. Still doesn't compare to Skylanders not even releasing multiple end of game toys in the US that have unfillable slots and impossible to enter portals. If you think not getting things that never left the drawing board is worse than that you are being unreasonable.

There are more than 7,000 Gamestop s in the US, if you couldn't get by one on Black Friday weekend (or much further after for many of them) to get yourself a free Green Arrow then that's on you. You could find Supergirl just fine, you just had to buy a Starter to get her.

And I'm NOT arguing that they released everything they planned from Day 1. Pay attention, you seem really eager to argue over stupid shit. I said:

Dimensions actually released all of the content they announced to release for Year 2

That's a pretty straight-forward sentence. There is a big difference between what they announce and what they plan. And I never said they didn't plan to add more for Year 3.

Dimensions actually released all of the content they announced to release for Year 2
I missed your point on Skylanders because I stopped after Superchargers. But you're still missing the point on Lego Dimensions year 2. They originally had wave 9 as something like wave 6. They delayed and split waves so they would be releasing stuff by the end of year 2. They filled up the void by stretching it, not because that's all that was ever planned for year 2.

And they did advertise support and releases into 2018. I've been following them since 6 months before release. It was their selling point for all of 2015.

Wave 9 or whatever we got was originally slated for Spring 2017.

Uh hi, I would like to lodge a complaint with Lego, because on the Beetlejuice fun pack it lists the character's name as Beetlejuice, when that is in fact just the name of the film. The character's name is Betelgeuse, like the star, as seen on his tombstone. Furthermore,
Except it's Betelgeuse in the actual game, so... Yeah.

Good! At least the people who worked on the game knew what they were doing, unlike those CLOWNS in charge of the packaging!
That always confused me about Beetlejuice. I thought his name was Beetlejuice and the name on the tombstone has something to do with him not being able to say or show his own name as doing so three times would banish himself. Remember rather than say it or write it, he showed Lydia a giant beetle and a glass of orange juice. Especially given the name of the movie. But that's cool to know, it does make sense as well. I remember taking a girl to the movie in the theater as my first real date and it was the movie we saw. I've always liked that movie, and my sons loved it when I showed it to them.

That always confused me about Beetlejuice. I thought his name was Beetlejuice and the name on the tombstone has something to do with him not being able to say or show his own name as doing so three times would banish himself. Remember rather than say it or write it, he showed Lydia a giant beetle and a glass of orange juice. Especially given the name of the movie. But that's cool to know, it does make sense as well. I remember taking a girl to the movie in the theater as my first real date and it was the movie we saw. I've always liked that movie, and my sons loved it when I showed it to them.
Well, it would be pretty hard for him to get someone to say it without just miming the sounds like that. He can't say "it's the name of a star that's kinda close to Earth, and pretty bright, but not the brightest," etc, because that would take forever. He does mention that he could write it down though, because it's also on a sign in the graveyard and shown on the TV commercial he made. Plus at that point Lydia is in a hurry to summon him because Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis are rotting.

And of course they just titled the movie Beetlejuice because it's easier to spell.

To make you feel old, it was one of my favourite movies as a childe, and I still love it. Younger me was waaaaay into Winona Ryder in that movie.

I am playing on xbox one that is not in the preview dash. Lego dimensions attempted to update recently and it hung up with 'installation stopped' popping up every time I turned on the system I deleted the game and attempted a reinstall. Now it won't load it at all. I've tried to install fron disc, tried installing from store with disc in.
Tried installing offline, online... Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks!

I am playing on xbox one that is not in the preview dash. Lego dimensions attempted to update recently and it hung up with 'installation stopped' popping up every time I turned on the system I deleted the game and attempted a reinstall. Now it won't load it at all. I've tried to install fron disc, tried installing from store with disc in.
Tried installing offline, online... Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks!
Hard restart your XB1. You probably have it set when you turn it off it goes to suspend mode. The XB1 sometimes gets in a weird place where certain games won't start up if you use suspend.

I've been out of the loop, mainly since my GCU expired and I hadn't needed to renew it yet, but I haven't seen this thread bumped in a long time. Did Best Buy stop their regular fire sales of the Lego Dimensions sets?

I've been out of the loop, mainly since my GCU expired and I hadn't needed to renew it yet, but I haven't seen this thread bumped in a long time. Did Best Buy stop their regular fire sales of the Lego Dimensions sets?
They just had a sale at the beginning of September. I imagine we'll see some holiday sales coming up.

They've had enough sales that I have been able to get everything 50+20% off except the september releases.  One more should do it.

I went into a store the other day and their section had been drastically pared back. One four foot section, sparsely stocked. I expect inventory is dwindling.

The other thing I was considering was that now that Skylanders and Disney Infinity were killed off, that shelf space, reserved way back when for Guitar Hero and Rock Band is still there, so now that it's just one game, it's less of a fight for that room, so there's less of a need to dump it all.

The other thing I was considering was that now that Skylanders and Disney Infinity were killed off, that shelf space, reserved way back when for Guitar Hero and Rock Band is still there, so now that it's just one game, it's less of a fight for that room, so there's less of a need to dump it all.
Target and Walmart still have tons of Lego Dimensions year 1 and 2 in store. That's not a good sign. Retailers are not going to order or greatly reduce order of another year even if it would come out.

Once a while I will check 99c store to see if there is another surprise. I guess many of us do or waiting for next big sale to fill the slots. If the toys can't be moved in retail price, don't think there is a future of it.

Target and Walmart still have tons of Lego Dimensions year 1 and 2 in store. That's not a good sign. Retailers are not going to order or greatly reduce order of another year even if it would come out.

Once a while I will check 99c store to see if there is another surprise. I guess many of us do or waiting for next big sale to fill the slots. If the toys can't be moved in retail price, don't think there is a future of it.
Target only *just* got the latest wave and they got very, very few per store. amazon never got it in (first party seller) at all. Best Buy was similarly light on stocking it as was TRU. Dimensions is done, now is the time to start filling out your collection. Hopefully some sales pop up like in the past, but I don't think the new wave has ever been on sale (beyond GCU). And stores aren't really stocking enough of them to need to clearance out.

I'm sure I'll feel stupid when every store has a stockpile on Black Friday but I actually bought the recent wave at full price because they were seeming to be hard to find.  Gamestop seems to pretty solid about having them both online and in store but my Walmarts and Targets haven't stocked with them yet, and the lack of inventory at Amazon is really surprising.  

All I need now are the story packs and I've got everything (except Green Arrow and Supergirl but I've given up on those at a reasonable price).  I'm waiting for at least a half off sale on the story packs.

I'm sure I'll feel stupid when every store has a stockpile on Black Friday but I actually bought the recent wave at full price because they were seeming to be hard to find. Gamestop seems to pretty solid about having them both online and in store but my Walmarts and Targets haven't stocked with them yet, and the lack of inventory at Amazon is really surprising.

All I need now are the story packs and I've got everything (except Green Arrow and Supergirl but I've given up on those at a reasonable price). I'm waiting for at least a half off sale on the story packs.
Eh, I had picked up the most recent series at release just to be done with it. But then I already had all the story sets, Supergirl and Green Arrow.

bread's done
Back