Lego harry pottter yrs 1-4 19.99 on amazon ps3 version included b2g1

I got it in a recent Amazon flash deal, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone that like Harry Potter or collectathons of old. I'm playing it right now and its great!

It's weird, LEGO games used to drop to this price once the next one released, but TT is putting out so many of them that it doesn't seem to apply anymore.

Can anyone provide feedback about how difficult this game would be for children? I'd love to play this (probably the Wii version) with my 4.5 year old little girl. She regularly plays Wii Sports and a little Endless Ocean: Blue World.

[quote name='dogfishfiend']Can anyone provide feedback about how difficult this game would be for children? I'd love to play this (probably the Wii version) with my 4.5 year old little girl. She regularly plays Wii Sports and a little Endless Ocean: Blue World.[/QUOTE]

I played the Lego SW games with my son when he was 4 and he loved it. Great co-op experience, easy to play, and the game is pretty forgiving in that you can't get a game over screen.

Yea its very forgiving. I'm sure you will have to help through some puzzles but if they like HP they will enjoy it

There is a demo for 360 available.

It looks like it might be a universal price drop, Gamestop lowered it too. They also lowered the price of the collectors edition to $19.99 but its not available online. Might have to stop at GS tomorrow. Site says that its still $29.99 in-store. Do they price match the site?

[quote name='dogfishfiend']Can anyone provide feedback about how difficult this game would be for children? I'd love to play this (probably the Wii version) with my 4.5 year old little girl. She regularly plays Wii Sports and a little Endless Ocean: Blue World.[/QUOTE]

Get it, she'll love it. Lego games are "all ages games" that don't punish the player for making a mistake--gameplay is specifically designed to be very child friendly. There are no lives per se--when you die you lose the Lego blocks you have collected, which are an in game currency for buying unlockables.

Past Lego games could get frustrating because both players needed to be in the same area at the same time, but this one let's you separate and wander the map independently (of course it is more fun to play together), eliminating the frustration that occurs when two people both want to do different things.

[quote name='Curlis']I got it in a recent Amazon flash deal, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone that like Harry Potter or collectathons of old. I'm playing it right now and its great![/QUOTE]

Same here. I bought it during the flash deal. I beat the game once, and then beat it again in free-play to find all the collectibles. Now I'm working my way around Hogwarts finding all the collectibles. It's a fun game if you're a harry potter fan and aren't sick of Lego games yet.

I want to get an HP game as I've been reading the books (on the last one now), but I think I want to go with one of the regular games.

How cool would it have been if they made an HP MMO? It's something I kept thinking about while reading the earlier books. They've created such a cool and fun world to explore that it'd fit perfectly as an MMO

It's suitable for a 4.5 year old. The game is made up of puzzles, so it requires some thinking and trial and error. It's very easy, but it's not super super incredibly easy. Also, the parts from the end of the Goblet of Fire that might be considered "scary" to children during the film, are extremely childish, goofy, and playful in the game. It's very kid friendly, more so than the harry potter films.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I want to get an HP game as I've been reading the books (on the last one now), but I think I want to go with one of the regular games.

How cool would it have been if they made an HP MMO? It's something I kept thinking about while reading the earlier books. They've created such a cool and fun world to explore that it'd fit perfectly as an MMO[/QUOTE]

I'd probably try it

Great game, I highly recommend it for anyone who's on the fence. I played through it with my girlfriend who's not really a gamer but a Harry Potter fanatic. It can be quite addicting at times.

The only thing that's a bit of a downer is that there are a lot of bugs/glitches which they never patched, and they also never added online co-op in a patch like they advertised on the box. My game froze a couple of times on my xbox and I recommend you install it to the hard drive if you have the space. Best look up the list of glitches to help avoid them as much as possible as if you want to get 100% competion and achievement. I encountered a game haulting glitch which left me stuck at 95% completion :/ still on of the best lego expereiences despite the bugs.

[quote name='Chemosh013']I wish the collectors edition was $19.99 in store. Any idea if a gamestop store will match their online price?[/QUOTE]

It's $19.99 in store at GS, or at least it was as of yesterday.

[quote name='derspiess']It's $19.99 in store at GS, or at least it was as of yesterday.[/QUOTE]

For the collectors? Oh sweet. The online stock says it's $29.99 in store.

Just confirming the other posts about gamestop. I picked up Lego HP collectors for the 360 yesterday in store. The game was marked $29.99 but dropped to $19.99 at the register. The weird thing is that the game actually rang up at $29.99 and the system auto applied a $10 coupon. Even the clerk was shocked and rang it through twice just to make sure he didn't do anything wrong. :)

does this game follow the book or the movies? i hate how book 3 and 4 were done in the films so i was hoping when it came to the game they did it right. do you actually get to do the tri wizzard cup as it is in the book?

[quote name='rant']Just confirming the other posts about gamestop. I picked up Lego HP collectors for the 360 yesterday in store. The game was marked $29.99 but dropped to $19.99 at the register. The weird thing is that the game actually rang up at $29.99 and the system auto applied a $10 coupon. Even the clerk was shocked and rang it through twice just to make sure he didn't do anything wrong. :)[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks for the tip! I'll swing by Gamestop tomorrow!!

[quote name='derspiess']Just FYI Gamestop has the 360 collectors edition on sale new for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

picked it up yesterday with my wife for that price! Sweet

[quote name='SPVietBoy']idk if u guys know, but some of those "sealed" copies might actually be resealed. i would like a CE version for 20 tho... *sighs*[/QUOTE]

Ya, I got shrink wrapped copies. I think gamestop will mostly just put a sticker over the front (further hurting the game's case) and a giant price tag on it if they open it. I don't think they go through the effort of re shrink wrapping.

Last edited by a moderator:
i just found some good flips also. RDR 30 flips for 25 tomorrow at bestbuy, and deadspace 2 for 360 for 27, flips for 27 tomorrow.

bread's done
Back