LeRoi Moore (Dave Matthews Band saxophonist) has passed away.

Which one was he? The sax player?

Ah yep, that was him. Apparently he died from complications from an ATV accident he was in last month. Geez, that sucks.

[quote name='halvorsb']Wow, didn't see that coming. Curious to see how the band reacts, they've got a show tonight in LA.[/quote]

They did have a show in L.A. tonight.

[quote name='Regian']Yeesh. That's a bummer.

So wait, did they actually perform tonight? Any mention about LeRoi at all?[/QUOTE]

According to this, the show was supposed to go on with their substitute saxophonist. As for the second question, I'd assume yes, provided they knew before the show.

The band's been around since 1991, and LeRoi Moore was a part of it for the whole time. Rest in peace, man.

[quote name='Koggit']Isn't this a morbid time for such zany jokes?[/QUOTE]

I still had just a little shred of respect for you, which was taking a lot given your repeated history of totally fucking worthless posts here but that's totally out the window. Welcome to my ignore list you worthless piece of shit!

Getting on topic, this is awful news. I was at the last concert he played before the accident and he was brilliant as always. I was saddened to hear of the accident and that DMB would have to finish the tour without him, and I'm absolutely crestfallen that he's gone and I'll never get to see him rock the saxophone again. :( DMB has long been my 2nd favorite band behind Pearl Jam, and they'll just never be the same without him.

I've seen DMB 10 times from 1996-2008 and he was always steller. He will be missed. RIP Leroi!

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']According to this, the show was supposed to go on with their substitute saxophonist.
[/QUOTE]

They've had a substitue saxophonist since the accident on June 30th. There was no way he could play on this tour, but there was no thought that his life was still at risk--at least I guess until he was hospitalized.

And they did play the show tonight, still on going actually. Has to be a rough, emotional show for them. :(

Live set list updates here.

http://road.davematthewsband.com/SetlistsDir/setlist.asp

They opened with bartender, with apparently the whole band in tears throughout. Here's the lyrics for those not familiar with this amazing song.

If I go,
Before I'm old.
Oh, brother of mine,
Please don't forget me if I go.

Bartender, please,
Fill my glass for me.
With the wine you gave Jesus,
That set him free after three days in the ground.

Oh, and if I die,
Before my time.
Oh, sweet sister of mine,
Please don't regret me if I die.

Bartender, please,
Fill my glass for me.

Bartender, please,
Fill my glass for me.

I'm on bended knees,
I pray bartender please

When I was young,
I didn't think about it.
Now I can't get it out of my mind.

I'm on bended knees,
Father, please.

Oh, and if all this gold,
Should steal my soul away.
Oh, dear mother of mine,
Please redirect me if this gold...

Bartender, you see,
The wine that's drinking me,
Came from the vine that strung Judas,
From the Devil's tree.
His roots deep, deep in the ground.

Bartender, you see,
The wine that's drinking me,
Came from the vine that strung Judas,
From the Devil's tree,
It's roots deep, deep in the ground, ground.

I'm on bended knees,
Oh, Bartender, please.

I'm on bended knees
Father, please.

When I was young,
I didn't think about it.
Now I just want to run and hide.

I'm on bended knees, oh Bartender, please,
Bartender, please...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's really terrible news. I used to love DMB back in college but I haven't been following them much since. It seems like forever since they released a new CD. I probably saw them 10-12 times between 1994 and 2001ish. I imagine the band will carry on without him but it won't be the same.

[quote name='dmaul1114']They opened with bartender, with apparently the whole band in tears throughout. Here's the lyrics for those not familiar with this amazing song.[/quote]

Bartender is an awesome song. Hell, anything from The Lillywhite Sessions is a great song.

To hear they were in tears through the whole song pulls at the strings a little. That had to have been really tough.

Very sad. I am not really a fan of Dave Matthews Band, but my dad got free tickets to a concert and so I went. The major thing I remember about the concert was how the saxophonist was absolutely amazing. RIP.

:cry:

I love Dave Matthews Band. Saw them in concert in Saratoga, NY. One of the most amazing concerts I've been to. I believe his ATV accident he got in occurred a few days after.

R.I.P.

[quote name='Koggit']Isn't this a morbid time for such zany jokes?[/quote]
:nottalking:

bread's done
Back