Less Spam?

VioletArrows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Maybe it's just email services getting on top of things or somebody went to jail, but I'm definitely seeing a lot less spam in my inbox recently. I used to get 100-200 messages a day in my spam bin with 5 a day getting through to my inbox, now I get about 20 in the bin, and 1 or 2 willl slip past the filter a week. And no Nigerian spam, eBay threats, bank account scares, or friend quiz baiting. XP

Anyone else seeing a decrease or is it just me?

I think ISPs/e-mail providers have just gotten better filters and kill a lot of stuff before it gets far enough to make it to users Spam Folders or inboxes.

I generally get 2-4 a day with Gmail, but that's how it has always been for me. My mom still gets a lot on hers. She uses Thunderbird

I've noticed the same, I think, like dmaul, they are just getting better. Before, it was still new to them, but they have gotten their act together.

It has gone down in my aol account (over 10 years old) and up in my gmail account (just about 18 months old). I dunno.

I have had an aol account for about 5 years. For the past 3 years (since I got Gmail) I have rarely checked my aol account. It is always funny when I do sign on and I have 800 new emails. 98% of which are spam.

I'm still trying to figure out where all the spam's been coming from on my gmail account. I never used that for anything except for my school assignments to classmates and professors, and maybe about 3 weeks of using it, there was spam coming in from everywhere. Now that I don't use it anymore, it's back down again. The absolute worst used to be Yahoo, but they've curbed the spam so much I feel like I can take all the ridiculous filters I used to use out.

Now if only they'd stop mistaking my newsletters for spam.

[quote name='VioletArrows']I'm still trying to figure out where all the spam's been coming from on my gmail account. I never used that for anything except for my school assignments to classmates and professors, and maybe about 3 weeks of using it, there was spam coming in from everywhere. Now that I don't use it anymore, it's back down again. The absolute worst used to be Yahoo, but they've curbed the spam so much I feel like I can take all the ridiculous filters I used to use out.

Now if only they'd stop mistaking my newsletters for spam.[/quote]

Mines the same way. I usually get 2 from H0tMilfs or some nonsense like that. You know what I never get though? Those emails from the guys in Nigeria asking me to help them store $5 million for them.

[quote name='slickkill77']Mines the same way. I usually get 2 from H0tMilfs or some nonsense like that. You know what I never get though? Those emails from the guys in Nigeria asking me to help them store $5 million for them.[/quote]

Because they finally got their money, duh. :p

[quote name='slickkill77']I generally get 2-4 a day with Gmail, but that's how it has always been for me. My mom still gets a lot on hers. She uses Thunderbird[/quote]

I have a gmail account... *on* thunderbird... and I don't get too much since gmails filters are over-protective.

bread's done
Back