Let's Hear it For Disagreeing Without Being Disagreeable

PittsburghAfterDark

CAGiversary!
Sign Honoring Slain Soldier Defaced With Anti-War Graffiti

Brother Of Honored Green Beret Says He Felt 'Pure Rage' Over Vandalism

POSTED: 6:15 am PST March 25, 2006
UPDATED: 6:20 am PST March 25, 2006

CHESHIRE, Mass. -- The family of a Green Beret who was one of the nation's first casualties in the war on terror in Afghanistan was outraged after discovering vandals had defaced a sign honoring the soldier with anti-war graffiti.

"I felt like I was going to vomit," said Michael Petithory, the brother of Army Sgt. 1st Class Daniel Petithory.

"It was just pure rage," he told the North Adams Transcript.

Daniel Petithory was killed Dec. 5, 2001, along with two other soldiers when a U.S. bomb landed about 100 yards from their position north of Kandahar.

Michael Petithory discovered the vandalism on Thursday as he biked along the Ashuwillticook Trail.

The words "oil," "Bush" and "Christian Crusade" and other phrases were written in black marker on the brown metal sign.

Family and friends cleaned the sign, which is one of three along a stretch of the trail that honors the Cheshire, Mass., native. The other two signs were not vandalized.

Daniel Petithory was a recipient of the Silver Star and Purple Heart. He joined the Army shortly after graduating from Hoosac Valley High School in 1987. He is buried near family members in Cheshire Cemetery.

Police in Cheshire and Lanesborough are investigating, but there had been no arrests as of Friday evening. Cheshire, a town of approximately 3,500 residents, is about 140 miles west of Boston.

Link

Class act those lefties.

Clearly some teenage vandals=all left-leaning people

Killed with friendly fire, that's gotta be one of the worst ways to go.

From the files of my own camera phone:

image786ev.jpg

How about you guys take care of your own wackos before complaining about ours.

Truth hurts doesn't it 'zo?

You can't even say this was wrong. You have to change the topic.

Of course, that's always your strategy. Change the topic.

This just in; radical political nutjobs residing in USA.

Does your post serve any purpose other than to incite "disagreeable" responses? I believe we have a word for that on the Internet, and it's called trolling.

Well, it is certainly reprehensible that someone would do that. I don't give a fuck if they agree with the war or not, that is just uncalled for.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Truth hurts doesn't it 'zo?

You can't even say this was wrong. You have to change the topic.

Of course, that's always your strategy. Change the topic.[/quote]

I don't normally call people wackos when I agree with them. You want to paint this as a purely liberal phenomenon. I didn't change the subject, I addressed that point.

bread's done
Back