Lets say you have a time machine

lokizz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
The thing is is that with this time machine you can only use it once. You can go into the past or the future however far you want but once youre there youre stuck there and can't use the machine to go back. On top of that you can only take one person or thing with you on this journey. Where would you go and what or whom would you take with you ?

Time travel devices are usually ment for one way trips, unless you have the Delorian. As long as you have Mr. Fusion full and a full tank of gas...your good to go for multiple time incursions ! And it's not called Time Machine anymore silly!

[quote name='Malik112099']I would go back right before I clicked on this thread.[/QUOTE]

Won't work. Conservation of causality. At best, you can split off a new universe in which you chose not to read the thread.

But then the rope holding up the piano suspended over your head breaks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slickkill77']If you went into the past, wouldn't you be able to get the time machine again?[/quote]

Depending on what point in time you would go to in the past.

The invention of a time machine would require some mega bucks, not to mention resources that one person cannot have access to.

An ordinary person cannot simply go back into the past...this only works on tv and in movies.

[quote name='The Crotch']Question: Am I guaranteed not to run into any grandfather paradoxes with this machine?[/quote]

yeah youre exempt from that. once youre there youre there.

1. Watch lottery.
2. Go back in time to yesterday.
3. Buy lottery ticket.
4. Wait a day.
5. ???????
6. Profit.

alternatively

1. Go to a preschool.
2. Do nefarious deeds.
3. Go back in time.
4. ????
5. Don't go to jail.

[quote name='Malik112099']I would go back right before I clicked on this thread.[/quote]

I see your LOL and raise you a "I would have prevented this topic from being created."

[quote name='lordwow']Been there. Done that.[/quote]Remember Snakes on a Plane 2?

Exactly.

Thanks for choosing me to go through the machine with you, lordwow. Though I do miss virtual reality...

[quote name='crystalklear64']1. Watch lottery.
2. Go back in time to yesterday.
3. Buy lottery ticket.
4. Wait a day.
5. ???????
6. Profit.

[/quote]

this

[quote name='btw1217']I would go into the future where time machines are plentiful and genies grant you wishes.[/QUOTE]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[quote name='HovaEscobar']Go back in time and give an old poet some hip hop albums on an MP3 Player. I can imagine that would be amusing.[/QUOTE]

Ok, enough laughing. I think I would go back and watch Eve fuck it up for us. Damn women. >:O

[quote name='JolietJake']I'd go back to the time of the revolutionary war with an automatic weapon. I'd fucking rule the new world.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I change my mind.

I'd go to the future, where we have energy weapons and time machines for the average man.

THEN go back in time just after the revolutionary war where JolietJake ruled and completely over throw their rule. :D

I would get some old ass winning lottery numbers, before Microsoft and IBM took off, then I would go back in time, buy the winning tickets to enough to get me a large sum of money, then invest in IBM and Microsoft. :D After those pay off, I would start a huge pr0n company and create the worlds best alt-pr0n.

What?

I'd buy a cake, then go back in time 5 minutes, bringing the cake with me, and take the other cake from past me, so I'd have two cakes, paradoxes not withstanding since I'm assuming a parallel universes model of time here. Then, I'd eat one of the cakes, so I could be the only person to both have my cake and eat it too.

I'd go back to my freshman year of high school. I'd take a George Foreman grill with me and claim I invented it.

[quote name='Cuzza40']I'd buy a cake, then go back in time 5 minutes, bringing the cake with me, and take the other cake from past me, so I'd have two cakes, paradoxes not withstanding since I'm assuming a parallel universes model of time here. Then, I'd eat one of the cakes, so I could be the only person to both have my cake and eat it too.[/quote]

Dude, you just blew my mind. Props if you didn't steal that from somebody.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']What's the point if you can't return?

I'll stay here, thank you, I have a bustling film career to attend to[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

:applause:

id probably take a laptop inside of a solar powered case ( yes they exist) and in this laptop id have the collected knowledge of history , science , technology, military strategy ect and go into ancient egypt and rule as the pharoh and dominate the world.

if not that then id go back to where/when atlantis was supposed to be and soak in all that knowledge.

Hope you speak the language, lokizz.

And realize that Plato made up Atlantis.

EDIT: And I think you'd be better off bringing a gun than a laptop, if you're planning to conquer.

[quote name='lokizz']id probably take a laptop inside of a solar powered case ( yes they exist) and in this laptop id have the collected knowledge of history , science , technology, military strategy ect and go into ancient egypt and rule as the pharoh and dominate the world.[/quote]

Yeah, but you'd probably still die around 40, which sucks.

[quote name='lokizz']if not that then id go back to where/when atlantis was supposed to be and soak in all that knowledge.[/quote]

You'd definitely be soaking...as you drowned...since there was no atlantis...

[quote name='The Crotch']Hope you speak the language, lokizz.

And realize that Plato made up Atlantis.[/quote]

ill have language software and what not on the laptop. i still think its real and if you believe hard enough ..........well just in case i'll forget that idea itd suck to go there and nothing is there. and as i recall egypt had a wicked library back in the day so either way im gonna soak up sweet knowledge.

I think it's for the best that you're probably never gonna get your hands on a time machine. You'd probably just end up getting yourself killed.

[quote name='lokizz']and as i recall egypt had a wicked library back in the day so either way im gonna soak up sweet knowledge.[/quote]

But dude, that was in the....so, we already...oh, nevermind.

[quote name='SpazX']But dude, that was in the....so, we already...oh, nevermind.[/quote]

trust me on this id have all the dets figured out before i go to the past. or maybe id go to the future i dunno ................

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ok, enough laughing. I think I would go back and watch Eve fuck it up for us. Damn women. >:O[/quote]

Or why don't you go back and prevent her from screwing it up for us.

That would change everything drastically

[quote name='lokizz']id probably take a laptop inside of a solar powered case ( yes they exist) and in this laptop id have the collected knowledge of history , science , technology, military strategy ect and go into ancient egypt and rule as the pharoh and dominate the world.

if not that then id go back to where/when atlantis was supposed to be and soak in all that knowledge.[/quote]

what would you do if you went back, and in 10 mins your windows Vista Crashed so you had no laptop.

[quote name='billyrox']what would you do if you went back, and in 10 mins your windows Vista Crashed so you had no laptop.[/quote]

further correction id bring a laptop that uses linux.

I don't even get it, are we not limited to a nonfictional past or something? We've already had like 2 Adam & Eves and an Atlantis.

Could I go into the past and teach Fred Flintstone how to play guitar and drive a car with my feet?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']fucker.[/quote]
Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer.
Directed by Uwe Boll.
Written by Akiva Goldsman.
Starring Kevin Costner.

You're welcome, you ungrateful pricks.

I"m stuck there at my current age or the age I was then?

Current age, 1960 London; I'd meet a little guy named Eric Clapton and talk him into ripping off black blues musicians.

That age, 6th Grade; Got some shit I'd like to do differently.

[quote name='The Crotch']Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer.
Directed by Uwe Boll.
Written by Akiva Goldsman.
Starring Kevin Costner.
Runtime: 380 minutes

You're welcome, you ungrateful pricks.[/quote]

Fixed.

It would have to be the past, I wouldn't dare go to the future risking finding out roaches are the new overlords after World War 4

Every now and then on the internet, an otherwise ordinary forum post is saved and taken to new heights by comments that are funny as hell.

bread's done
Back