Lets talk TOWER RECORDS Deals

XKennethStevensX

CAG Veteran
Havent been there since the first week that they announced the Liquidation...

i scored Dazed and Confused Criterion for 22
my girlfriend picked up Beavis and Butthead Mike Judge for maybe 28 (ugh i know- this was way before the MTV.com sale)

has anyone scored anything good?

Here in south jersey the rumor is that DVDs are at 40 percent off - im gonna check it out tomorrow. Their anime and Criterions are so expensive

DVDs at the Cherry Hill store have been 40% for about two weeks. Unfortunately, at least two-thirds of their DVD stock have been sold.

Since Tower was overpriced since the beginning the price drops didn't do much, I still ended up paying $10 per CD (got 2, with one being RIAA protected so no iPod plays for me >_

I went yesterday when they opened looking for some posters. Unfortunately I left empty handed. The prices were still too ridiculous even with the 40% off. Same here, most of their dvd stock was cleaned out, though I'm sure there wasn't any good deals even before they were cleaned out. The anime selection which I check out was pretty bad as well. But hope you guys have better luck.

I've done very well with CDs, but haven't bought a single DVD. They're now at 40% at my local store, and I didn't even look yesterday. By the time they're reasonably priced, there won't be anything left.

Most DVDs at my local Tower are still there. The prices are way too high, its no wonder that they have to close. I tried to look for some posters last week but the poster shelf was almost torn apart.

I'll try again next week to see if anything else is good.

I just got back from Tower Records in Harvard Sq. Prices were ridiculously high. Veronica Mars season 1 was 60. 30 after discount. Lame price if you remember Costco selling it for 18 and Best Best selling for 20. Ugh.

yeah, i love Tower and always will (it was my first job, etc..) but they were always so overpriced on everything

still remember seeing PS2 games at $49.99 in Tower when the were $14.99 other places

sometimes they had OK music sales, but that was it

Tower's gone... CBGGs is gone...

dang

*signs into iTunes*

i couldn't believe when i went into mine regular CD's were priced at 23.99 ... insane, even w/ the 40% off it was still better to just go to bb or target.

I just spent $400 on CD's in the past two days @ Tower. I was only interested in their jazz and electronica selection. I know it's coming, but I hope Virgin doesn't close down since they have the best selection of dance/electronica.

I went to Tower yesterday on Hamilton in Campbell, CA and they double-charged me on a few CDs. Of course, they were 75% off CD singles, so no big deals for me. But I think maybe some employees could be ticked about losing their jobs and not care.

All rap CDs were $1.50 each, but lame selection left. I dug through and found new LL and Busta (and Hammer's Greatest Hits as a joke gift).

Other CDs now down to 60% off, which makes it close to a good deal if you find what you want. But for instance, the Springsteen/Seeger tribute CD was $21.99 original price! New JET CD was $18.99, so under $10 at discount. But selection is getting sparce.

BTW, DVDs at 50% off and there was some Pqrn left...

[quote name='radman99']I went to Tower yesterday on Hamilton in Campbell, CA and they double-charged me on a few CDs. Of course, they were 75% off CD singles, so no big deals for me. But I think maybe some employees could be ticked about losing their jobs and not care.

All rap CDs were $1.50 each, but lame selection left. I dug through and found new LL and Busta (and Hammer's Greatest Hits as a joke gift).

Other CDs now down to 60% off, which makes it close to a good deal if you find what you want. But for instance, the Springsteen/Seeger tribute CD was $21.99 original price! New JET CD was $18.99, so under $10 at discount. But selection is getting sparce.

BTW, DVDs at 50% off and there was some Pqrn left...[/QUOTE]

We all know you really love the Hammer!

bread's done
Back