Letter of recommendation help

cdietschrun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I just finished up an internship at EMC and asked for letters of recommendations from my 3 bosses and they agreed. They have asked where to send it to. Do I just give my home address or are they expecting a potential employer? My last summer's internship sent me an email with the letter attached which I've saved, but not sure what to do here. Should I reply back with my home address?

Thanks for the help

Since you just finished up the internship, it's usually most appropriate to tell your bosses to anticipate your following up with the internship by asking for a letter of recommendation. You could ask them to send letters to your home as a reference for both you and them. But, for instance, I would not use the letters dated today to present to the next prospective employer (unless you've already got something lined up in the next week).

You can ask them again later at a more appropriate date and situation, and they could be reminded of your performance with a letter that they've already written now, and they would offer a more recent signature and update letter of recommendation with additional information.

That's what I would do, anyway, post-internship.

They'll probably submit it to where you're hiring without it passing through your hands directly.

Give them the addresses of the employers you're pursuing.

Thank you guys. mykevermin, I don't have an interview lined up remember (1 more year of school), so I will have them send it to my home and later possibly follow kilm's idea. Thanks guys!

Rent a PO Box and tell them to mail it there. Then tell some stoner you'll buy him a six pack if he goes and picks up the package from the PO Box for you. Then go tape it under a park bench. Use a payphone to call your voicemail to tell yourself where the drop is. Go pick up the package and hold onto it until you need it.

bread's done
Back