LevelUp Gaming Ottoman by Slam Brands $39.99 at Target

fatez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
3211389021_cfabaf7e2c.jpg
3212238564_573689611f.jpg

There is a price-cut on the Gaming Ottoman's at Target. They appeared over the holidays for $59.99 but have recently been cut down to $39.99. They come in two colors: brown or red. They are great for storing accessories and video games. There are two separate trays inside of them. The tray on the top is typical for storing controllers and headsets. The tray on the bottom will hold up to 32 games. The Ottoman can also be used as a chair to go along with any Rock Band or Guitar Hero drum set.

The online link for the brown don't seem to be updated in price but both colors should be available for $39.99 in stores. Some stores may even have it going on clearance for $14.98 as reported by a few CAGs.

Gaming Ottoman - Brown
DPCI #:249-11-0076

Gaming Ottoman - Red
DPCI #:249-11-0075

*The gaming ottomans are found in the furniture section of the store (next to the gaming chairs).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lawdood']$39.99? I saw a couple of these in a local Target last week on clearance for $14.98.[/QUOTE]

JEALOUS!!! i want one sooo bad lol..... till full price at my target :(

i have these... (i think i do at least) but they are the normal microsuede ottomans... they aren't terrible... but i think i ended up getting them for like 20 bucks during back to school week

[quote name='smarkbran']I will check on these at my local store hopefully I can score one super cheap, they are worth it to store the drums alone[/QUOTE]

I dont think those are big enough to store the drums. When it says they go along with Rock Band or Guitar Hero Drum sets, it means you can use the ottoman as a drum chair to play on.

yeah i apologize if it wasn't clear... it will not store the drums. the best u can do is probably put the kick pedal in the bottom section.

^ Yeah they are in the furniture section, right next to the gaming chairs that are on clearance (atleast in the 2 targets I've been to).

[quote name='Masterkyo']Waste money for junks!!! I rather spend $15 buy new game or possible 2 games instead :)[/quote]

That's what I thought of them at $60. But at $15, me and the Gf have a place for my controllers and games (360+scene it/ps3/wii), DVDs, television remotes and other random entertainment crap. It is a much better look having them all put away, and the hassle for me is minimal.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Waste money for junks!!! I rather spend $15 buy new game or possible 2 games instead :)[/quote]
That's not even bloody English, Mick.

If it came in black I'd be all over it......the brown or red will look real weird with the other furniture I got in my game room. But I do like the tray idea.

I like this.

My gaming area is not really attractive with controllers, dongles, and such around.

I may have missed it but is this YMMV or seems pretty universal so far?

$40 at Escondido, CA (Auto Park Way) for either color. Plenty in stock (of course). Hope this hits $15 soon.

Gonna go out to my local Target and try to get a brown 1. May not be the best quality, but it's a cheap way to store all my controllers and I guess currently playing games, plus I need a drum seat. So for $15 it does a few things that come in handy.

Wow, for $15 on clearance, this would be awesome. Someone mentioned you could make it relatively infant proof with some velcro around the edges. Have to check it out!

My brother and I saw them at a Target in Davenport, IA for $14.98, but the clearance sign said $41.98. Every tag on each ottoman said $14.98, though. We took them up to the register and it rang up for the cheaper price! The next day, all six or seven that were left were gone.

I agree with ivan, they are of good quality and a great place to store all the controllers, cords, etc. I have. I even use the lower storage level for my portable systems so they're not just sitting on the bookshelf, like usual. My wife was quite pleased.

Ok, umm, important question no ones asked:
How COMFORTABLE are they to sit on? Do they feel like they'll collapse? I weigh 190.

I'd probably be using mine as the gaming chair, since there's no room in my closet. Plus I have a rotating tower that stores 700 games , and my accessories are in my entertainment center drawers.

Great idea, this would look hot with my Sammy ToC lol
Would definitely look for it @ $15 though since I'm broke >.

I remember seeing these months ago, and if I recall correctly, the labeling says it's not intended to be used as a seat. So if it collapses on ya, ya might be SOL.

they are actually comfy and will work fine to sit on, it will not likely collapse. as long as u sit on it. standing on top of it on the other hand... might not be a good idea.

[quote name='dfg']I remember seeing these months ago, and if I recall correctly, the labeling says it's not intended to be used as a seat. So if it collapses on ya, ya might be SOL.[/quote]

That's what I thought.
The whole "use it as a rock band seat" thing is very out of place, IMO.
I know ottomans can sometims be a seat, or sometimes JUST a footstool.

I personally cant think of a use for something that you have to keep out in the middle of a room just to store 32 games. It's dimensions are the same as my 700 dvd tower, but not as high obviously.

Where do you guys put these? In the closet or what? Or do you use them to rest your feet on while you sit on a bed or chair? lol.

I'm still slightly interested, just need to find the perfect use for it.

it works fine as a chair or seat... just try it out yourself if u see one in the store. it is fine as a leg rest also under the computer desk or placed at the bed end or side. it will serve it's purpose if there is desire for it.

My wife called me from target a few weeks back and asked if we should get these, they were 69.99 at the time, so I said pass, when they get below 25 each, I'll bite.

Target store in Grand Chute, WI had 3 still available for $14.XX this afternoon. The quality seemed kind of cheap so I passed.

The quality is OK. It does say you can NOT sit on it, so I'll take THEIR word for it.
I couldnt open it up, because it has a stupid thing wrapped around it.
It was $39.99 at my Target as well, which = huge pass.
I even carried that awkward thing around and did a price check, lol.

My city NEVER has these good deals. Redlands, California.

There was 8 brown left, and maybe 9 red. I think that if they dont sell well in a week maybe the price will lower? Oh well.

I really like the look and idea of these. My girlfriend does too.
The brown one matches our couch/love seat almost exactly.
It'd be nice to have all of the cords and accessories out of
sight when not being used.

Unfortunately they are still $39.99 at my local Target(Springfield, IL).
So I'll be waiting and checking Target once a week or so to see
if they go down to the clearance price here.

I've got a corner where this would fit perfectly. Plus, it would (hopefully) keep me from leaving my controllers on the floor and the couch where they tend to get dropped and/or sat upon. That all said, they'd be more perfect if the price was right.

Does the plastic tray inside seem sturdy enough to last long for holding controllers and stuff, or does it seem like it'll only last a while?

Went today with hopes of tidying up my gaming area but...

Sadly they were still $40 :cry:

Target changes prices on Mondays?? If so I will check back next week

bread's done
Back