LevelUp Gaming Ottoman by Slam Brands $39.99 at Target

fatez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
3211389021_cfabaf7e2c.jpg
3212238564_573689611f.jpg

There is a price-cut on the Gaming Ottoman's at Target. They appeared over the holidays for $59.99 but have recently been cut down to $39.99. They come in two colors: brown or red. They are great for storing accessories and video games. There are two separate trays inside of them. The tray on the top is typical for storing controllers and headsets. The tray on the bottom will hold up to 32 games. The Ottoman can also be used as a chair to go along with any Rock Band or Guitar Hero drum set.

The online link for the brown don't seem to be updated in price but both colors should be available for $39.99 in stores. Some stores may even have it going on clearance for $14.98 as reported by a few CAGs.

Gaming Ottoman - Brown
DPCI #:249-11-0076

Gaming Ottoman - Red
DPCI #:249-11-0075

*The gaming ottomans are found in the furniture section of the store (next to the gaming chairs).

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i got them when they first went on clearance, great deal and they work good for storage, my wife loves it more than me, lol

I took a look at the Taget in Cockeysville, MD and couldn't find them at all. Found ottomans, and gaming chairs, but not this product. I'll try another one today if I find time.

MjC

[quote name='McNutsack']

Where do you guys put these? In the closet or what? Or do you use them to rest your feet on while you sit on a bed or chair? lol.
[/quote]

I'm guessing you don't have a long legs? I'm constantly resting my feet on the coffee table and that shit can get really uncomfortable.

Are other ottomans on sale at Target too? Seems like this is just a regular ottoman with some custom plastic in it, right?

[quote name='Vlad Impaler7']I really like the look and idea of these. My girlfriend does too.
The brown one matches our couch/love seat almost exactly.
It'd be nice to have all of the cords and accessories out of
sight when not being used.

Unfortunately they are still $39.99 at my local Target(Springfield, IL).
So I'll be waiting and checking Target once a week or so to see
if they go down to the clearance price here.[/quote]

I am in the same boat, but only with the red one. I bought one for $40 yesterday. I am always misplacing remote controls, controllers, and cases. This is a perfect fit. Hopefully I can find one for $14.98 and do a return/rebuy.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']Can't sit on it???? That pretty much guarantees one of my friends will break it and all of it's contents[/quote]

Haha, I had the same idea that my friends would break it. For 15 bucks I would grab one or two.

I had my wife check the West Livonia Target (on Haggerty Rd.) and they scanned at $39.99. I'll probably check again tomorrow night to see if they've been marked down.

Hmm, that doesn't bode well for me checking the target near where I have some errands to run tomorrow. If something's high at one store in southeast Michigan it's usually high at all of them in my experience. $15 would be perfect since I currently have my 360 in a stack on the floor.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Hmm, that doesn't bode well for me checking the target near where I have some errands to run tomorrow. If something's high at one store in southeast Michigan it's usually high at all of them in my experience. $15 would be perfect since I currently have my 360 in a stack on the floor.[/quote]
Earlier in this thread someone suggested that Target marks down furniture on Thursday, so I plan on checking the other 2 Targets in the area tonight. I'll post if they're marked down.

Thursday is what I gathered from reading about the markdown schedule on another website, from awhile back. I'll be checking today, but I dunno.

[quote name='MCalvert1']I took a look at the Taget in Cockeysville, MD and couldn't find them at all. Found ottomans, and gaming chairs, but not this product. I'll try another one today if I find time.

MjC[/quote]
There are three in Columbia at $14.98.

They are 'ok'. It depends what your gaming area is like. I have a nice fancy pants room, and they wouldn't go with the room at all.

In terms of sitting on them, if you like sitting on milk crates, it might work out for you. I sat on it at the store and it didn't break...

I checked the Cuty Ave store in Philly last night, and it was $40 (they had like 10 brown ones).

I did sit on it, and found it very sturdy. I would definitely use it to sit on if I bought one... but am looking for that deep discount price first.

I LOVE THIS POST! THANK YOU FATEZ! THANK YOU!

Scored one today for 14.98! Had to argue with the manager cause... get this... the PRICE SCANNER came out at 14.98, but the REGISTER came up at 39.99...

Made no sense to me, i went back and double checked the scanner, sure enough 14.98.

I told the cashier who basically told me i was lieing, so i asked if a manager could come double check. The manager took me to the shelf and said "theres the tag, 39.99" so I nicely asked "Could you come over with me to the price scanner?" and when I scanned it, she was like "WHAAA?" freaked out. Even her TeslaInventory gun came out at 39.99, I dont get it myself.

When she started the "that machine must be malfunctioning" routine, i quickly spit out "my buddy bought one yesterday at a diff target for 14.98, its the reason I came over to check this target near me, he said it was a good deal, so I guess its a regional clearance, since its .98 cents at the end"

She stared at me in shock, and gave me the price without a word... while i smiled at the cashier who basically called me a liar.

Thank you again fatez, matches perfectly! :)

[quote name='y2jedi']Same here in Louisville.[/quote]
Is it possible that they have to sell through so many (i.e. only X number left in stock,) to trigger the clearance price? I've checked 2 of the local targets (Livonia and Farmington,) over the last two days, and they both had them at $39.99 (checked at the price check scanners.) I really want one of these, but I'm willing to wait until they drop to $14.99/

They had one left at Edison, NJ Target. It is red, and ugly as a mofo.

I did see this:

41NEdmeWmhL._AA260_.jpg

http://www.target.com/Kids-Storage-...?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k:kid ottoman&page=1

Which is slightly smaller but the same price, and actually somewhat nice looking.

Oh yeah, as a heads up, there were 3 "Boompod" rocker chairs left at $29.99. I picked up the Boom chair, which looks like a Recaro seat with a subwoofer in it for $28. Looks to be kind of damaged now that I opened it though. :/

Can anyone who got it for $14.98 post their receipt? This might help some of us to get some of our local stores to match the price.

[quote name='jgrech10']Can anyone who got it for $14.98 post their receipt? This might help some of us to get some of our local stores to match the price.[/quote]

I never had any luck doing that. Is there something you do to convince them to do this for you?

[quote name='jgrech10']Can anyone who got it for $14.98 post their receipt? This might help some of us to get some of our local stores to match the price.[/quote]

Target doesn't price match so huge YMMV if you can get them to do that.

Bleh, both Targets by me had them at full price, though one did have the Shark gamer chair which I picked up. Guess I'll give it another week and hope it shows up. I could use some more game/accessories storage.

Ah crap. I went out and bought two of these for 40 each. I hadn't checked this thread since the initial post and didn't know about the clearance. They are really nice however. They're very sturdy and can hold a decent amount of stuff. Plus for me they match my couch exactly. Hopefully they'll drop here in fort wayne and I'll be able to do a return rebuy.

Yeah they won't price match, and all Target's discount products differently. I have 2 near me and they vary with prices greatly. I checked one of them and they have 13 of these ottoman's at 39.99, I will be checking every week until they drop again.

I checked the Livonia, MI and Farmington, MI stores yesterday, and they were both stilla t $39.99. I'll be checking back weekly to see if they drop in price.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']Can't sit on it???? That pretty much guarantees one of my friends will break it and all of it's contents[/quote] That's the exact reason I'm not buying it, even though they're 15 bucks here.

Mine still has it at $39.99...and, as a result, they still have a big pile of them sitting around. Gonna wait them out for $14.xx.

went to 2 different targets over the past week looking for these..

one target had them for 39.99, and the other had none in stock, but i saw a clearance tag on the shelf where they would have been.

[quote name='smoger']went to 2 different targets over the past week looking for these..

one target had them for 39.99, and the other had none in stock, but i saw a clearance tag on the shelf where they would have been.[/quote]

The Livonia, MI store had a similar configuration, but they were still $39.99. It looked to me like they were getting ready to put them on clearance in the near future.

The last time I checked at my Target (Springfield, IL) they had these in two places.
In the aisle by the video game chairs where they normally would be
and also on an endcap a couple of aisles away with a big $39.99 price sign above them.

Maybe they're getting ready for the price change and want them to be more visible. (crosses fingers)

For what it's worth, the Red version now shows up for $39.99 on the website. The Brown version is still listed at $59.99.

$15 isn't a bad price if you can find one.

the "Wood Frame" is MDF or Particle Board.

Microfiber AKA Polyester normally holds up really good.

I will have to give them a look tomorrow.

thanks for the heads up

All the Targets I've checked in SE PA have them at $39.99 regular price. No clearance stickers. I'd actually prefer the round, non-gaming ottomans Target sells for 24.99 (no trays, but you could still use if for storage). They're microfiber and come in beige and a darker olive, I think.

Well, I got a brown one. It was $39.99

My Target had 5 Red ones left, and only ONE brown. The brown had that little picture/cover taken off of it though. I assume someone wanted to look inside, which is only natural.

I didnt wanna pay so much, but I figured there is NO WAY my Target will have a clearance on them. I already waited 9 days. If there was only one brown left, clearly they didnt have any in the back room either, or they wouldve restocked.

With that said, I love it.
I put 34 games in it already.
4 controllers, 4 mics, a text pad, 4 memory cards, 2 plug-n-play chargers for 360, and the xbox webcam. I also put 10 rechargeable batteries in there, by the memory cards in the small slot. They fit nicely.

I use it as a footrest as well =)

My ONE COMPLAINT?
The upper plastic bin or whatever. It should be a bit wider. Right now it can sometimes slip off the 4 pegs (pegs, like a wood shelf would have to keep the shelf from falling off) and it can get annoying. Basically if you lift the upper plastic out, when you put it back in you have to make sure you center it very well, otherwise one corner of the plastic might slip down. It wont cause any harm, but for me it might make my memory cards flop around or a corn unravel, lol. It just seems dumb that they didnt make it wider so it would fit in there real snug.

bread's done
Back