LevelUp Gaming Ottoman by Slam Brands $39.99 at Target

fatez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
3211389021_cfabaf7e2c.jpg
3212238564_573689611f.jpg

There is a price-cut on the Gaming Ottoman's at Target. They appeared over the holidays for $59.99 but have recently been cut down to $39.99. They come in two colors: brown or red. They are great for storing accessories and video games. There are two separate trays inside of them. The tray on the top is typical for storing controllers and headsets. The tray on the bottom will hold up to 32 games. The Ottoman can also be used as a chair to go along with any Rock Band or Guitar Hero drum set.

The online link for the brown don't seem to be updated in price but both colors should be available for $39.99 in stores. Some stores may even have it going on clearance for $14.98 as reported by a few CAGs.

Gaming Ottoman - Brown
DPCI #:249-11-0076

Gaming Ottoman - Red
DPCI #:249-11-0075

*The gaming ottomans are found in the furniture section of the store (next to the gaming chairs).

Last edited by a moderator:
At one of my Targets, they were out of stock but by punching in the codes, I saw that the brown one was on clearance for $14.98 but the red one was still $39.99

Anyone know if it's easy to get Target to price adjust if I buy it now and the price drops?

Can someone post a reciept for it at the clearance price. My target just might price match, a manager I spoke to today said he wants proof.

Honestly, it's worth that $39.99

It fits more stuff than you'd imagine.
I use it to put my plate and drinks on. Rest my feet on while I sit on bed.
My friends sit on the floor and eat off it as well.
Sitting on it or leaning against it feels nice too.
And the biggest perk is it's the perfect rock band drum seat.

It'll suck if you miss your chance to purchase it because you're assuming it'll go on clearance. It wont at every store.

those are frickin neat. i am gonna go get one today. i saw the gaming chairs on clearance but i didnt see this...website says they have some....hmmmmmm

Hm, Brown one just changed to Limited Availability at my closest Target. Usually Limited Availability = clearanced in my endeavors, so hopefully i can pick one up.

psh...this gets listed in "deals" but Ebay Buy It Now items with several available don't?

A good deal on a video game, regardless of where it's listed > cheap plastic furniture/case junk to store games.

We should have a member vote on this matter.

I keep my games in bankers boxes, which I got free from work. Then a few games sit on my entertainment center with the video game consoles. So, I just saved $15 or whatever by not buying one of these. Thanks CAG!

[quote name='pwnthee']psh...this gets listed in "deals" but Ebay Buy It Now items with several available don't?

A good deal on a video game, regardless of where it's listed > cheap plastic furniture/case junk to store games.

I keep my games in bankers boxes, which I got free from work. Then a few games sit on my entertainment center with the video game consoles. So, I just saved $15 or whatever by not buying one of these. Thanks CAG![/quote]

u mad

[quote name='pwnthee']psh...this gets listed in "deals" but Ebay Buy It Now items with several available don't?

I keep my games in bankers boxes, which I got free from work. Then a few games sit on my entertainment center with the video game consoles. So, I just saved $15 or whatever by not buying one of these. Thanks CAG![/quote]

I believe members already voted by posting their interest as well as saying they went looking for it. Just because there isn't a poll and this isn't for an actual game (guess we can't post about controllers, memory, consoles either, huh?) doesn't mean it's not for gamers. I for one was very interested in this but was and still am unable to find it at my local Target for $14.99.

[quote name='LegolasFett']I believe members already voted by posting their interest as well as saying they went looking for it. Just because there isn't a poll and this isn't for an actual game (guess we can't post about controllers, memory, consoles either, huh?) doesn't mean it's not for gamers. I for one was very interested in this but was and still am unable to find it at my local Target for $14.99.[/quote]

Nah I'm fine with this deal being listed. My point was if THIS deal is allowed, a more important deal, like on a good game, should be allowed, regardless of source.

I mean an official vote should be taken on whether or not we can list Ebay Buy It Now/Store items of mass-ish quantity. What would it hurt if we allowed Buy It Now listings of 10 items or more available at time of posting to be posted in Deals, which everybody checks, instead of auctions, which nobody checks?

There could be restrictions like it has to be at least x % off retail, only for next gen games & accessories (way higher demand), etc so the Deals board doesn't get overrun with it. And if it's the Ebay/Amazon seller himself posting, maybe say they have to have a seller feedback score of x (say a minimum of 100, 200, or whatever number of seller transactions completed).

It makes MUCH more sense to have a separate YMMV forum than online Buy It Now or Amazon Marketplace, etc listings. YMMV listings are 100% useless to 99.99% of us, yet I'd say it accounts for a minimum of 1/3 of the topics posted in Deals.

[quote name='pwnthee']Nah I'm fine with this deal being listed. My point was if THIS deal is allowed, a more important deal, like on a good game, should be allowed, regardless of source.

I mean an official vote should be taken on whether or not we can list Ebay Buy It Now/Store items of mass-ish quantity. What would it hurt if we allowed Buy It Now listings of 10 items or more available at time of posting to be posted in Deals, which everybody checks, instead of auctions, which nobody checks?

There could be restrictions like it has to be at least x % off retail, only for next gen games & accessories (way higher demand), etc so the Deals board doesn't get overrun with it. And if it's the Ebay/Amazon seller himself posting, maybe say they have to have a seller feedback score of x (say a minimum of 100, 200, or whatever number of seller transactions completed).

It makes MUCH more sense to have a separate YMMV forum than online Buy It Now or Amazon Marketplace, etc listings. YMMV listings are 100% useless to 99.99% of us, yet I'd say it accounts for a minimum of 1/3 of the topics posted in Deals.[/QUOTE]

Not our problem. This isn't a YMMV deal - the price in the OP is the nationwide price. The clearance is the YMMV part, which is also being discussed in the Target Clearance Thread.

Just picked one up and am thoroughly happy with it. Pricewise it wasn't labeled correctly but scanned just fine. Thanks much for the tip!

There are lots at the Antioch, TN location. I checked it out and it's what I'm looking for. I'll pick one up once I move into my new place next weekend.

They have some leather ones that are on sale this week til saturday.

I bought a round one for $37+tax reg price $59.99, it's dimensions are 15"H 20"diameter, here's some pics, I can probably fit the same amount of stuff in this one as well.

They also have a long rectangle one for $59 reg price $79.99, about twice the size of the gaming ottoman, and opens up like a treasure chest, plenty of storage but not as portable if you really want to use it as an ottoman

also both the leather ones are made pretty nicely, they are comfortable to sit on, much more padded than the gaming one, and yes I sat on them all at the store.
I didn't like the material that the gaming ottoman was made of, but if I found it for $15 I might have picked it up. It was $40 still at the 2 targets I went to.
They also have a round one about the same height as the gaming ottoman for $25, seems like the same material as the gaming ottoman too.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Brown circular autaman (sp?) snip.[/QUOTE]

That is so ugly.

I'd totally nab one of these suckas if I wasn't broke, I need a foot rest.

The 2nd picture makes it look better, though. Is the color actually darker like the 2nd picture, or lighter like the first picture? If it's like the 2nd picture, I might have to pick up one of those round ones.

[quote name='crunchewy']The 2nd picture makes it look better, though. Is the color actually darker like the 2nd picture, or lighter like the first picture? If it's like the 2nd picture, I might have to pick up one of those round ones.[/QUOTE]

It's darker than the 1st picture, I think the bright browness came out because of the flash on my camera. To me it's more like a dark brown, but not as black as my leather PC chair. You can always look at it at the store.

Here's another pic: Top is my leather chair and bottom is the ottoman (no flash)

At my target they had 13 now they are down to 4. They are selling like hot cakes at 39.99, I can't see spending that for this, hopefully monday they will get a price cut. (Levittown NY)

[quote name='greyzieoriental']They have some leather ones that are on sale this week til saturday.

I bought a round one for $37+tax reg price $59.99, it's dimensions are 15"H 20"diameter, here's some pics, I can probably fit the same amount of stuff in this one as well.

They also have a long rectangle one for $59 reg price $79.99, about twice the size of the gaming ottoman, and opens up like a treasure chest, plenty of storage but not as portable if you really want to use it as an ottoman

also both the leather ones are made pretty nicely, they are comfortable to sit on, much more padded than the gaming one, and yes I sat on them all at the store.
I didn't like the material that the gaming ottoman was made of, but if I found it for $15 I might have picked it up. It was $40 still at the 2 targets I went to.
They also have a round one about the same height as the gaming ottoman for $25, seems like the same material as the gaming ottoman too.[/QUOTE]

This is what I was wondering earlier. I can't find the gaming ottoman for less than 39.99. So what do I really lose out on if I go with another ottoman (for instance, they have the non-gaming ottoman's that look pretty much the same for 20 bucks... tons of them). Storage space is the same, it's just a plastic tray, right? Or is there something else to the gaming one?

[quote name='Nirron']Hm, Brown one just changed to Limited Availability at my closest Target. Usually Limited Availability = clearanced in my endeavors, so hopefully i can pick one up.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone else confirm this theory, because there's a couple of stores that say AVAILABLE and one that says LIMITED AVAILABILITY (but is a farther distance), before I make the longer trip want to know if it will definently be on clearance.

[quote name='cruzincontrol']Can anyone else confirm this theory, because there's a couple of stores that say AVAILABLE and one that says LIMITED AVAILABILITY (but is a farther distance), before I make the longer trip want to know if it will definently be on clearance.[/quote]

All I can say is that I went to two Targets near me that listed as "Available" and they were not at clearance at either of those Targets. I'll have to look again to see if I can find one with "Limited Availability" and try it out though.

[quote name='cruzincontrol']Can anyone else confirm this theory, because there's a couple of stores that say AVAILABLE and one that says LIMITED AVAILABILITY (but is a farther distance), before I make the longer trip want to know if it will definently be on clearance.[/quote]

Well, I'd chaulk it up to dumb luck on my part moreso than a theory. It kind of made sense in my head, since they were putting them on clearance then they wouldn't have many in stock, or be letting the stock get 'limited'. And it was mainly because I have *never* found a clearance item where it was listed as Available on the site, so call it more of a conspiracy theory than anything concrete.

On a side note, that theory has only worked 3 out of 4 times for me. The exception was indeed the gaming ottoman, as it did ring up $39.99 (the brown one). I'd say it was more coincidence on my part than what they really do.

I think limited availability just means they have less than 3 in stock. All my stores that say they have 2 or less ring up $39.99.

[quote name='ivan a rom']That's what I thought of them at $60. But at $15, me and the Gf have a place for my controllers and games (360+scene it/ps3/wii), DVDs, television remotes and other random entertainment crap. It is a much better look having them all put away, and the hassle for me is minimal.[/quote]

I completely agree. this will make the wife happy, and keep the controllers away from the new dog. but not at $60.

[quote name='ctrek3']I completely agree. this will make the wife happy, and keep the controllers away from the new dog. but not at $60.[/QUOTE]

bristol, huh? the target by neshaminy mall has these for $40. at least, this weekend they did.

still too much for me, though.

I could use something like this. I'm always at Target so I'll be sure to look for these next time I'm there. If I find one for less than $40, I don't care what color it is. It's good to know something like this exists out there.

[quote name='TypeSH']bristol, huh? the target by neshaminy mall has these for $40. at least, this weekend they did.

still too much for me, though.[/quote]

fellow Pennsylvanian! thanks for the heads up, i was going to check oxford valley once i get outta work since it's across the street from me right now! might be a good chance then at the neshaminy store too as target does their clearance on Mondays if iirc.

Edit: Target at oxford valley still has them at 39.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might bite if I see them for $15 on clearance, although I have a huge leather trunk for most of my controllers, which doubles as a bench seat or coffee table. Target sells smaller storage ottoman trunks for around $79, I believe. Mine is about twice the size as those and made with actual leather...$300 on Overstock a few years back...and that was with a steep discount. I would have went with 2 of the cheap Target ones instead but they didn't exist back then.

[quote name='fujishig']This is what I was wondering earlier. I can't find the gaming ottoman for less than 39.99. So what do I really lose out on if I go with another ottoman (for instance, they have the non-gaming ottoman's that look pretty much the same for 20 bucks... tons of them). Storage space is the same, it's just a plastic tray, right? Or is there something else to the gaming one?[/QUOTE]

I would go to the store and compare it, for $40 it wasn't worth it to me especially the material it was made of. Basically you lose the trays that weren't that nice IMO and doesn't hold everything that I would want.

nope, but i have noticed that the 8-9 on the end cap has dwindled down to 3... so at $40 their selling.

I didn't see these at my local Target, but I did see some basic, round ottoman's for $18.50 (normally $25) and grabbed those. $37 for 2 beats 1 for $39. I can skip on plastic trays if it means saving $40.

Threw all my Xbox, PS3 and 360 controllers in one and Wii stuff in another. No need to put games in there since I have too many and I have racks.

Just found them on Target's site: http://www.target.com/Microfiber-St...UTF8&index=target&rh=k:storage ottoman&page=1

Hey all... I've been waiting for this to drop in my area as well, but my brother works at a Target and said that if it's at $40, don't expect a drop any time soon. Apparently the stores that dropped to $15 were up at $60, so if your store is stuck at $40 like all the Targets in my area, it could be a while before you see it go to clearance, if ever.

As always, it's YMMV, but based on this I gave up waiting and just purchased a similar looking one without the plastic trays (and is a little smaller) for $20 normal price. All I need is a place to keep my controllers tucked away, so no real loss.

This seems really handy, but at $40 it seems just a tad too high. I'd easily pay $30 for one over an equivalent for $20 with no trays, just because the trays will mean your 30-some games don't fall over when you remove one.

Regarding not being able to sit on them, the warning is most likely a disclaimer. These things are usually MDF or particle board (as someone else mentioned) which should be PLENTY sturdy for anyone not abusing the thing and who is not overweight. Still, I definitely wouldn't stand or jump on them given the value of what would be inside.

Also, if you've got a circular or table saw you can always supplement the top with an extra layer of basic particle board or MDF. MDF is very heavy but it does not take to water or excessive moisture well at all, but it looks better than particle board. At any rate it wouldn't take much effort at all to add some extra support if you were to buy one and find that you or someone else wanted to sit or stand on it regularly.

I'm in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area of North Carolina, and I'm going to check my closest Target. If they're on clearance it's a definite buy. If not I'll be playing it by ear.

Mine have stayed the same. I went as far as taking the stock floor upc from a fort myers target and whenever i pop into a target i scan it just to see if its 15. 39.99 consistantly. Maybe about 12 stores ive been to. GOD DAMN MIGHTY MUGGS, PS3 Spiderman WOS and Ottoman. Come down to 15 already. And with the muggs, please just get captain america in. I should have never passed his ass up.

bread's done
Back