Lexar 8GB Memory StickPro Duo 19.95 + 2.95 (Shipping)

This would be the price I'd been waiting all year for, if it wasn't for the fact that I ordered this same card from Adorama on BF for $14.99+FS. Now if only it would come back in stock so they can fulfill the order.........

[quote name='gamerdogbert']This would be the price I'd been waiting all year for, if it wasn't for the fact that I ordered this same card from Adorama on BF for $14.99+FS. Now if only it would come back in stock so they can fulfill the order.........[/QUOTE]

Same here. However, I think that adorama doesn't have any intention of honoring their price.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']This would be the price I'd been waiting all year for, if it wasn't for the fact that I ordered this same card from Adorama on BF for $14.99+FS. Now if only it would come back in stock so they can fulfill the order.........[/QUOTE]

Same and I dont think they are ever going to send us one. Got one thanks OP.

The 16 GB is tempting, but I think at this point I'll keep waiting for Sony's 32 GB memory stick they announced awhile back to hit a decent price.

[quote name='ronin47']Same here. However, I think that adorama doesn't have any intention of honoring their price.[/QUOTE]

That price is correct and if you have already placed an order, it will be honored.
Memory stick version will be in stock just after Xmas.
Secure digital version is expected 2nd week January

[quote name='HelenOster']That price is correct and if you have already placed an order, it will be honored.
Memory stick version will be in stock just after Xmas.
Secure digital version is expected 2nd week January[/QUOTE]

Thank you for proving me wrong. Been burned by too many back-ordered then canceled orders.

Geeze, this site is becoming notorious. Wonder who else monitors this site.

[quote name='MarkTheArk']Does this work with the PSP Go?[/QUOTE]

Nope it uses a new format - Memorystick micro. Amazon has it in he following capacities and price. They come with adapaters to be used as Memorystick duo cards.

$20 - 2gig

$35 - 4gig

$50 - 8gig

[quote name='ronin47']Nope it uses a new format - Memorystick micro. Amazon has it in he following capacities and price. They come with adapaters to be used as Memorystick duo cards.

$20 - 2gig

$35 - 4gig

$50 - 8gig[/QUOTE]

Boo :( Was going to pull the trigger on this deal, but since I'll *eventually* upgrade to a PSP Go, might as well wait for micros to drop in price...

I was tempted to pull the trigger on the 16gb, but I'm worried if the card is authentic or not. Kinda strange that they are selling it for nearly 50% off the next cheapest seller.

With those prices, I would at least give them a shot for either the 8 GB or 16 GB. Lexar has been around for a bit now and I haven't heard anything against them.

But I already bought a SanDisk 8 GB from Best Buy a few months ago for $40. But definitely will keep my eye on future prices for the 16 GB one.

[quote name='cartman414']The Lexar 8 GB has served me well for the past year I've owned it. It's a safe bet.[/QUOTE]
That's good to know. I had bought one of the used 8 GB Sony cards on ebay before. It worked great for a couple of weeks until it crashed. Just goes to show that because it works out of the package doesn't mean it'll last.

[quote name='Blumpkin']That's good to know. I had bought one of the used 8 GB Sony cards on ebay before. It worked great for a couple of weeks until it crashed. Just goes to show that because it works out of the package doesn't mean it'll last.[/QUOTE]

Used flash memory? Manufacturers usually state a specific number of writes before it becomes unreliable. Also there are fake memorysticks floating around from what others have posted. I don't know if I'd buy used flash memory. Most definately not hard drives.

I haven't had problems with any of my Lexar flash memory. I never thought I'd have more then 8 gigs worth of stuff but I do. I would almost be tempted to upgrade to a 16 gig stick if I didn't have a couple 8 gig sticks already.

Really tempted by the 16GB for $40. I've been watching the SanDisk 16GB cards for a month or so, and it's tough to find any that come in below $65.

I know that the read/write speeds on SanDisk cards are about twice as fast when compared to Sony's cards. Anyone have any related input about the Lexar cards?

[quote name='Blumpkin']I had bought one of the used 8 GB Sony cards on ebay before. It worked great for a couple of weeks until it crashed[/QUOTE]

Ebay is flooded with cheap bootleg memory sticks. Chances are you bought one of those. Always buy them new off reputable places like Amazon or Newegg.

bread's done
Back