Lexar Platinum II Memory Stick PRO Duo 16GB, $27.99 + FS! - Great for PSP Owners

jpm804

CAGiversary!
Credit goes to Dunderhead at SD.

thought I would share this with fellow CAG members who might be looking for a Memory Stick Duo for their PSP.....

[J&R.com] - Lexar Platinum II Memory Stick PRO Duo 16GB, $27.99 + FS! ( no tax except for New York)

Link: http://www.jr.com/lexar-media/pe/LX...are&SiteID=lw9MynSeamY-4XYyXlzWIJ3njEXWLV6hUA

If you want two there is a coupon for $5 off $50 - PREBFD5

Which bring the total to $50.98 + FS ..... which I think is a pretty good deal.

I know its a not a genuine sony one, but I've had the same card in my PSP for months and have had no issues with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kay_Faraday']It's authentic right? Never dealt with J&R before.[/QUOTE]

J&R is very legit. Good customer service as well, at least I've heard. I've fortunately not have had to contact them. I've ordered Headphones off of them from time to time.

Hey TC, if you highlight the memory stick in your PSP XMB and hit Triangle for Information, it says MagicGate(tm) Supported, right? That's all I'll need to bite on this one.

This is great deal, but I don't really use my PSP enough to justify a 16 GB memory stick, let alone to buy one...

Still though, pretty good price...

[quote name='Asperatus']Hey TC, if you highlight the memory stick in your PSP XMB and hit Triangle for Information, it says MagicGate(tm) Supported, right? That's all I'll need to bite on this one.[/QUOTE]

I have the same card, so I just checked: it is MagicGate (tm) supported.

Also, J&R is a terrific retailer. They're basically a giant electronics store in the middle of NYC, and they're much more price competitive than, say, Best Buy. Then again, who isn't.

This is a great deal, people: I've had one of these cards for months and it's so nice to not have to juggle cards b/c I have so much space. Coupled with the MediaGo software, it's finally become easy to manage all the data on your PSP. Took way too long to get to this point...

J&R is real and reputable, I live in NYC, I know...

Lexar sticks are okay, they're the real deal (not like the fake mem sticks from eBay or somewhere else). Damn, that's pretty sweet price for 16gb, I'll take two :lol:

Thanks OP!

No, it will not work on the PSP Go :whistle2:( But the Go comes with 16gb internal memory...

On the other hand, I might skip this deal, I'm contend with my 4gb and 8gb.

[quote name='NegativeZero']would this be fine for a psp-2000 as well?[/QUOTE]

Yes.... using one in my PSP 2000 at the moment.

bread's done
Back