Lexx Season 1 for under $40 on Amazon

hbkhbk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just saw Lexx Season 1 boxed set on amazon (this is the four movies before the series started). Not a deal perse, but I do remember these used to sell for hundreds on eBay, so not bad if you can get all four for under fourty.

The only downside is that the chick in season 2 is on the cover for this, instead of the actual chick for season 1... I guess this is an oversight when they made the cover?

It was reprinted on October 7th, i got my order last week. Just need season 4 to finish series

Its also $25.97 on dvdplanet and will probably be on sale at end of the week.

Ahhhhh! FINALLY! I've waited forever to get my hands on the "first season".

Lexx deserves way more attention than it ever got. It's a shame they had to kill the show after season four. :(

Also, it is very odd that they show Xev on the cover instead of Zev. What the hell were they thinking?

IF: I like Farscape, Firefly, Red Dwarf, Eureka, Star Wars, & American-Chinese food

BUT: Not so much Battlestar Galactica, Dr. Who, Star Trek, Soft-Core Pr0n, & sushi

THEN: Will I like this show?

I can't seem to find a simple review of the show since it's so old now. All I ever hear is "yay, it's finally not $100!"

DD for $18 vs Amazon for $36 = Why that one annoying poster in the DD sale thread saying "I don't get it, their prices aren't good" will always be wrong. (and there's always one in every DD sale thread)

In one word -"quirky". The first season is actually four 2hr. movies. Season 2 and on are 1hr. shows with a different actress than the 1st. season (this is what most people have seen). Go to amazon and read their review and customer reviews for seasons 1 and 2 vol.1.

[quote name='Kerig']IF: I like Farscape, Firefly, Red Dwarf, Eureka, Star Wars, & American-Chinese food

BUT: Not so much Battlestar Galactica, Dr. Who, Star Trek, Soft-Core Pr0n, & sushi

THEN: Will I like this show?

I can't seem to find a simple review of the show since it's so old now. All I ever hear is "yay, it's finally not $100!"

DD for $18 vs Amazon for $36 = Why that one annoying poster in the DD sale thread saying "I don't get it, their prices aren't good" will always be wrong. (and there's always one in every DD sale thread)[/QUOTE]

As previously mentioned, the word to describe Lexx is "quirky". It's hard to say for sure if you'll like the series based on your taste, because your dislikes and likes have too many similarities amongst the series.

Meh, just download an episode or two and go from there.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']It's like am mix of Red Dwarf, Farscape and Dr Who with some soft core prawn. So you'll probably like half of it and hate the other half.[/quote]

Thanks for the replies, guys. based on the 50% analysis and watching a few 10-minute segments on Youtube, I'll have to pass.

It definitely feels way too much like Dr. Who quality. I watched at least 25 minutes of show without feeling any connection, and the dead guy's hair is beyond horrors.

My copy wasn't shrink wrapped but had two clear stickers on the sides. Is it supposed to be like that? :???:

bread's done
Back