Liesure Suit Larry

sgs89

CAGiversary!
Anyone thinking of getting this game? Looks pretty weak to me.

I wonder how long it will take before it is in the reduced bin. Over/Under on the number of weeks before it is selling for $19.99: 8 weeks.

I've read some reviews that say this game is crappy and insults the intelligence of it's players. Regardless of how perverted this series has been, it always had an element of creativity. You actually had to think to get anywhere in the game. Apparently, that is no longer the case.

I say 3 weeks & it'll be a "special low price" of $29.99, and then in November/December it'll go to $19.99.

As opposed to Microsoft's "Platinum Hits," the crappy games will now be referred to as "Aluminum Shits."

Acording to IGN the gameplay is designed for 10yolds.

They also say that the dialogue surpasses the eye candy in naughtyness. So you will hear a lot of adult things, but you won't see as much.

And this game will be $20 by turkey day.

I'd say it will drop right after christmas, like everything else, but it will sell to some people jus as Guy Game sold. There are buyers for crap too in the market.

I'm sensing a repeat of BMX XXX. The "mature" audience just isn't quite ready for so much, uh maturity if you could call it that. That said, one game that has definetly done a mature game right is Nocturne, but that goes without saying.

Its a total rip of in the first Place Al Lowe never even worked on it and teh sad truth is most developers at Sierra thought he was working on it.

They (Vivendi) bought the name and ran with it when they took over Sierra. Now Sierra is closed and most likely buried all the great classic adventure games for some time if not forever.

We must no rely on fan made remakes and continuations.

i.e.
Agdinteractive.com

&

KQIX.com

etc.

This is probably going to sell ok because parents will recognize the name but in the end it will not do to great and thye will blame adventure gaming being dead as the problem when this piece isnt even a real adventure.

*rant over*

Darn it. I swear I'm never going to be able to find Quest for Glory 5. I had preordered it long, long ago, and my EB never got it in. Except on ebay or online, I've never seen a copy. I think I may end up having to cave in and just buy it off of ebay.

By the way, does anyone know if it has the telltale LLL music?

Doo Doo doot, doo doo doo doot doo, doo doo doo doo doo, doo doo doot doo, doo doo doo doo doo. Doo doo, doo doo, dooo dooo doo doo.
Doot doo doo doo doo doot doo....

[quote name='JSweeney']By the way, does anyone know if it has the telltale LLL music?

Doo Doo doot, doo doo doo doot doo, doo doo doo doo doo, doo doo doot doo, doo doo doo doo doo. Doo doo, doo doo, dooo dooo doo doo.
Doot doo doo doo doo doot doo....[/quote]

You need to hit up

www.allowe.com

Also hit up Justadventure, Sierra gamers, and sierra planet. Check their used or classifieds sections someone is bound to have QG5.

I LOVE how you all are bashing it, but none of you have even played it. You guys swear up and down by the word of IGN, and it's fucking pathetic.

I did some trades and got it along with Battlefront for free, after picking up THUG2 and Mortal Kombat earlier in the day. Out of all of them, I've played Larry and THUG2 the most. Larry is the most offensive game I've ever played. They say every word in the book, sexual positions, nudity (obviously), etc. I've played the others, but whereas the other was more tongue-in-cheek, this one just goes out and says it flat out. It's already been banned in Australia, and I wouldn't be suprised if it's recalled in America and applied an AO rating or something. It's offensive, disrespectful, and asinine.

Which is exactly why I love it. The dialogue is awesome. You move the sperm to a choice and the conversation changes depending on which icon you pick.. which often leads to hilarious results. I love this game. It's hilarious.

I remeber all those old games, its wierd how they all just dissapeared or but out crappy sequels like KQ Mask of Eternity, this is why I don't do much computer gaming anymore. All the games that made computer gaming special have been lost in the rush to make generic consul crap.

Looks like my over/under wager should have been over. Can you believe this steaming pile is still selling at $50???

[quote name='JSweeney']Darn it. I swear I'm never going to be able to find Quest for Glory 5. I had preordered it long, long ago, and my EB never got it in. Except on ebay or online, I've never seen a copy. I think I may end up having to cave in and just buy it off of ebay.[/quote]

That wouldn't happen to be Dragon Fire would it? That game is the shiznite!

I'm shocked the game is still 50 and I'm waiting for a price drop. I rented it back around Thanksgiving and had alot of fun with it. Its a good 10-20 dollar title.

When it does drop, it'll drop right to $20.

Either that, or it'll be oen of those games that stays at $50 forever but becomes difficult to find.

bread's done
Back