Life question

JoshM23

CAGiversary!
Yo my people,

I have a question for you guys, currently, I am a 23 year grad, looking into starting graduate school this spring this December. I missed out on the fall deadline. I have a good bit of money saved up, I could work, I am not working the moment, I have a History degree with student loans kicking in December which I could easily defer but will still accumulate interest. What would you guys doing, currently the city I live in Pittsburgh sucks, I want to be able to move to San Diego, west coast is where I am applying to school. I am living with my parents currently whom really don't seek too much from me in terms of finances. So all the money I have I can spend on me, I am very gracious for that. What advice would you guys have for me, currently it is September and I have not done anything this whole summer besides a non-paid internship to add on to my resume.

So, what is your question?  Work or not work till you go to grad school?  Move or not move to SD?  I'm a bit lost on what you are asking...

I have enough to relax, but I am moving from Pittsburgh to San Diego, living with my parents, I bet it will be a shock, just curious. I am super bored of PIttsburgh, very depressing, honestly people are very socially conservative very understandable smaller city, got used to it, but It is time for a change, and west coast offers what I am looking for but good god the cost is unreal. I have well over 5k saved up from landscaping work over the summers and a bit more. Just wondering your guys opinion advice.

I heard you cannot get grants, only scholarship, but very rarely do people get them unless you're an exception or over-seas student. I am just curious on if I can get loans to cover tuition and get money back for myself to pay for rent because I do not think I will be able to afford working etc. My one friend said he got money back for graduate school and covered his tuition.

He had this equation

Cost of attendance-tuition, apparently every school has cost of attendance, so if you subtract cost of attendance which is a higher number than tuition, since in the attendance it has books, transportation, potential housing costs etc etc... equals your total reimbursement check.

bread's done
Back