Life with PlayStation Out Now - Start Folding@Home To Get It

I still don't know how to fully use this. How do you get the live camera feed to show up? Also, how are people zooming in on the globe? I checked out the help menu, but didn't really help. Thanks for any help.

[quote name='doubledown']I find it dumb I have to redownload F@H to get Life with Playstation...couldn't they just make it a standalone program.[/QUOTE]

I agree , also it says version 1.0 .
Folding was v 1.31 , did it get upgraded , or just intergrated in Life ?

[quote name='Richlough']I agree , also it says version 1.0 .
Folding was v 1.31 , did it get upgraded , or just intergrated in Life ?[/QUOTE]

Does Sony PLAn to release this as a stand-alone? It seems like the casual user would pass on this since it is not very well advertised or known.

[quote name='doubledown']Does Sony PLAn to release this as a stand-alone? It seems like the casual user would pass on this since it is not very well advertised or known.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Friski or TMK will find out the answer to that .

can anyone clue me in to as what F@H is and why i would want to run it?

I've had my PS3 almost a year and never thought to even look into it

[quote name='distgfx']Wow... so very few cities in the USA, not even Orlando's up on there. Well, I suppose it's a little bit of a start but I expected more to be honest.[/quote]yeah what the hell! but hopefully they'll add more n a zoom feature when looking a the news

I suppose I will try f@h to grab this...but I will probably shut folding off once I get it downloaded.

It's a cool feature. Kinda neat to see news stories around the world. But like Thomas said you can't get read them when you click on them. Text is too small.

[quote name='DestroVega']can anyone clue me in to as what F@H is and why i would want to run it?

I've had my PS3 almost a year and never thought to even look into it[/QUOTE]

Folding @ Home is a simulation of protein break down (or something of the like) for scientific research... don't listen to me though, I'm ugly and I can't read good, so look here:
http://folding.stanford.edu/

This seems like it was launched with the intentions of forever updates and patches. At first I was asking myself 'where the f*** did Folding@HOME go?!??!' but I read about it online that it's still there. The cities, well the ones they have, are way too few and the news ticker isn't really the best as described, clicking on it you only see small text. I wished there was a lot more done to it then what was released, shoot I'ld take more cities and the option to zoom in on the news at launch for starters!! It's almost comedic to a point at this stage... and that's the non-koolaid version :lol:

[quote name='Rig']I suppose I will try f@h to grab this...but I will probably shut folding off once I get it downloaded.[/quote]
I don't think you can shut off folding, unless you're a communist or worship satan. :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't think you can shut off folding, unless you're a communist or worship satan. :lol:[/quote]
I'm a communist and worship Satan and can't figure out how to shut off folding.:cool:
I'm also now on government watch lists...:rofl:

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I still don't know how to fully use this. How do you get the live camera feed to show up? Also, how are people zooming in on the globe? I checked out the help menu, but didn't really help. Thanks for any help.[/quote]Anyone mind answering my question?

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Anyone mind answering my question?[/quote]

livech202cm9.jpg

wow..this is poorly put together...

it is just a mish mash of a few different services poorly implemented together in what I think would be better on my ipod touch

the live cams are just stills (looked at Los Angeles at 11 am PT this morning and it was a night time shot) that you can't zoom in on and instead of having the news integrated into the program it just pops up in the web browser all ugly and out of place....the number of cities listed/shown is pathetic as well

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Thanks Malik, that doesn't even show up for me. It just remains a black box.[/quote]

depending on the city you are looking at, it wont show up

bread's done
Back