Lightning Returns (ps3) pre-order for $20 at microcenter

I have never preordered at Microcenter, I don't care when they charge, but does it automatically refund/cancel if I simply do not go pick it up?

There was another thread about this already, and it's a mistake on Micro Center's part. The UPC at that page, when entered at Amazon.com, takes you to the original FFXIII.

And anyway, how can a store have a specific number of copies of a preorder? :???:

Oh, then I guess it is not worth the hassle of driving there, and argue about this.

I already bothered them once when they had $0.38 Homefront.

There was another thread about this already, and it's a mistake on Micro Center's part. The UPC at that page, when entered at Amazon.com, takes you to the original FFXIII.

And anyway, how can a store have a specific number of copies of a preorder? :???:
Good point. Has the right description and release date though, so now to decide if it's worth tying up $20 for two months to see what happens. Wish they took PayPal so I didn't have to have that hold on my card.

Hmm, well there's a pay at the store option so I guess I'll do that and then zero risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I found it odd that it has the cover art for the original. But I didn't have to enter any credit info or anything to reserve my copy so why not. Description and release date match the Lightning Returns date so why not take the chance of simple cancellation :/

Yeah, I pre-ordered it with the Pay At Store option so we'll see how that goes.  Worse that can happen is they'll cancel it or I'll have to cancel it if it's the wrong item.

Yeah I also pre-order with the "Pay at Store" option, why the hell not if they do not require a CC right now and there is no hassle of cancelling.

Placed an order. Thanks!

Did anyone get an order confirmation e-mail? I just placed a "pick up in store" order like two minutes ago and it's not showing up in my order list and I haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail yet.

Okay, cool. Thanks for the info. I won't place the order again then. For anyone that lives in Michigan, it says there's one copy left in stock. I'm surprised that there's so few micro centers. :eek:

Edit: and now it's out of stock. That was fast!

I wasn't going to buy another copy, I just didn't know if my order went through or not. This is my first time buying anything through micro center. I created a new account and I went ahead and ordered the game before I verified my e-mail address, so I was wondering if that's why maybe my order wasn't showing up.

And now we play the waiting game! This game will tied me over until Metal Gear and Infamous save me from the great 2013/14 PS4 drought.

Well I got my "Reservation Ready" email a minute ago and it says:

"Your pre-order reservation has been accepted and will be ready for pickup on 02-11-2014.

We're confirming that the items you reserved are secured for you and will be held until store closing on 02/21/2014."

Still a long shot and they could always cancel but it doesn't sound like they're holding a copy of FF13 for the next two months.

Well I got my "Reservation Ready" email a minute ago and it says:

"Your pre-order reservation has been accepted and will be ready for pickup on 02-11-2014.

We're confirming that the items you reserved are secured for you and will be held until store closing on 02/21/2014."

Still a long shot and they could always cancel but it doesn't sound like they're holding a copy of FF13 for the next two months.
Same here. Now to start hoping and praying... :pray:

Same here. Now to start hoping and praying... :pray:
Got mine too. It seems kind of flimsy though. I feel like they're going to ring up the game and it's going to be $59.99 and it's going to be a hard time trying to convince them to honor the $19.99 price. I think it might've been easier if the system registered that you already paid for it and you were picking it up. You could be like, "well... it said $19.99 online and I already paid for it, sooo...." Granted, they could still cancel your order and refuse to sell it to you, but still. I have a feeling it's going to ring up $60 and they're going to have to do an override to make it $20 and they're going to not want to do it.

True. Gonna miss out on that cloud dlc costume though, but it's not worth $40, and it'll probably be on the psn sooner than later anyways. UNLESS it's packaged with all first run copies. Hmmmm..... which it might be, considering even newegg is offering it and they usually don't offer anything.

Ordered one myself and chose the "Pay Now" option to attempt to avoid a confrontation when picking it up.  Planning on ordering the CE from Square anyway so this is a good fall-back

Former employee here - Unfortunately because of they way they process in store pick up orders, chances are the price issue will be the reason for cancellations. YES it's their fault - NO there isn't much you can do. 

Former employee here - Unfortunately because of they way they process in store pick up orders, chances are the price issue will be the reason for cancellations. YES it's their fault - NO there isn't much you can do.
What if you pay now instead of when you go pick it up? Would the employee still refuse to give you the game?

I don't think that's going to be the issue, nor what he was saying, but that they would likely cancel the orders before it even gets that far.
More that the system will refund you when the cancel the order due to the price error. Depending on if the actual people on duty care to check or not may be another story, so a few may score a sweet discount, but It's far from a guarantee.

Can anyone shed some light on this game for me in terms of the combat/gameplay? I watched a video and am having a hard time... If it's a LOT different than FF13 then I'd be interested, but if it's not... no thanks. I liked the combat of FF13 but it was basically just spam X and walk in a straight line to your next battle... I played about 40 hours of 13 then finally got bored but this one looks more action-adventure and less RPG.

Can anyone shed some light on this game for me in terms of the combat/gameplay? I watched a video and am having a hard time... If it's a LOT different than FF13 then I'd be interested, but if it's not... no thanks. I liked the combat of FF13 but it was basically just spam X and walk in a straight line to your next battle... I played about 40 hours of 13 then finally got bored but this one looks more action-adventure and less RPG.
The million dollar question here is not whether the game is good. The question is whether we will be able to get it at $20. If you can, then you can make double the amount you made even if you played an hour of the game and do not like it.

Anyway...IGN has a gameplay video that is pretty long, maybe that will help.

I find it odd that people have said their order was cancelled but the listing hasn't been fixed yet.

So uh, has anyone heard any more about this? Looks like they fixed the page somewhat. I tried the demo, and I loved it. Would be a steal personally for $20.

Yeah my lightning returns pre order turned into the original final fantasy 13 but they didn't cancel my order so I got that going for me which is nice.

It seems like they must have updated this page... It still displays the cover picture for FF XIII, but the description is for FF VIII, how do they fix stuff and make it worse at the same time?

So uh, has anyone heard any more about this? Looks like they fixed the page somewhat. I tried the demo, and I loved it. Would be a steal personally for $20.
Nothing's changed with mine so far, just trying to ignore it and hope that I wake up on the 11th to an email telling me to come get it.

Lol @ at description on the FF XIII page.

In a world where an ancient energy known as the Sorceress Power is passed down through generations, the peace of the realm is threatened when the evil Sorceress Ultimecia takes power as ruler of the Galbadia Republic. To restore order, Squall, a member of Balamb Garden Military Academy's elite mercenary force SeeD, other allies from the Garden, and Rinoa, a member of the resistance, join together on a journey that spans time and space.

I seriously doubt we're going to go into Micro Center on release date and find Lightning Returns.

bread's done
Back